Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 1:06 am 
Vala
Vala

Character Name:John Crichton
Origination: Farscape
Class: Soldier
Picture: http://img76.exs.cx/img76/5442/fpix38.jpg
Talents: Endless sarcasm and a nice bum.

Ferro Maljinn
Origination: The First Law Trilogy, by Joe Ambercrombie
Class: Dancer
Picture: She's from a book, so I don't have a picture, but I've always imagined her as Zula from Conan the Destroyer
Talents: Part demon, so she has above average endurance and accuracy.

Dawn Summers
Origination: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Class: Red shirt
Picture: http://media.delcinema.it/images/2007/0 ... ampiri.jpg
Talents: An almost permanent pout and a bad attitude.

Crixus
Origination: Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Class: Red Shirt
Picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DkxqTTQySZk/S ... mbnail.JPG
Talents: A sinister manly whisper voice, and the ability the sneak the phrase "in the arena" into almost every sentance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 1:54 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

John Crichton: Taser
Ferro Maljinn: Cat o' nine tails
Dawn Summers: Webley Mk. VI
Crixus: Sickle

And because someone here forced my hand, I'm forbidding any interaction between your own characters. You may not kill each other, you may not team up with each other, you may not even hold hands with each other. What I mean by, take me for example, Grenouille is not allowed to team up with Stiglitz or kill Violet Baudelaire or kiss Bella Swan. It's a fairly big city so chances of them grouping up is minimal to zero.

And because of that same person, I may decide to forbid players from submitting multiple characters of the same fandom.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 2:34 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Well then... when do we start?

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 5:22 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh sorry, I'm currently swamped with exams. We start tomorrow night.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 6th, 2011, 3:18 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

And here we go....

Violet Baudelaire began tying the ribbon around her hair to keep the strands from drifting in front of her, doing all she could to keep the fear back from the announcement. In order to survive, she was going to have kill. Kill perfect strangers that were probably caught in the same situation as her. The only reprieve she got was that neither Klaus nor Sunny's names were on the list of combatants. Her family....if she had any hope of returning to them, she would play this game. And she will win. She grabbed the claymore, which means a sword that was far far too large and heavy for a 15 year old girl like her to carry, and waited.

"Mission begins in sixty seconds!"

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille gazed forlornly at the gun he was holding. While he was unfamiliar with this particular design, he understood how to use it and what it did. Aside from killing the person he pointed it at, it would release a toxic cloud of sulphur and gunpowder that offended the aromas surrounding it. It was far too distracting and drew more attention than he cared to. Killing he didn't have a problem with. If it meant he could go back to his perfumery, then he wouldn't mind killing five or fifty people. But preferably with a weapon that wasn't as noisy or noxious as this one....

"Mission begins in ten seconds"

A blowgun. A verdammt blowgun. What use was that going to be when people were out with knives and guns and lead pipes? Sergeant Hugo Stiglitz took a moment to calm down before he considered his options. In addition to the blowgun, he had probably thirty or forty darts, probably tipped in some sort of poison. He should manage to kill someone with this crude weapon. It's silent so they wouldn't expect it coming and despite being incredibly inaccurate, he believed he could fire several of these pricks before his target was ever aware of him. Or he could just shove the blowgun with all the poison darts up his arsch. That would also kill them. Oh well, he'll figure something out when he saw someone. Just hopefully that someone isn't a trained killer like him.

"Five, four, three, two, ONE!"

The electronic doors that separated the combatants from the city slid open while an air siren began to ring through the air. The game has begun.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: The Most Dangerous Game
PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 2:18 am 
Istari
Istari

((Is it too late for someone to join, because I would love to?))

Profile           YIM        

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 5:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Same question as Annabel Lee, is it to late to join?)

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 9:32 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Okay folks who already have profiles please post!

Folks who want to join, post your profiles

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 11:05 pm 
Vala
Vala

John jerked awake and immediately stumbled quickly to his feet. It was an instinct he had honed while being hunted throughout an entire galaxy. That had been years ago, but his body still hadn't forgotten the skill. his hand tapped his shoulder where his communicator should have been, but instead of the familiar click of metal, his hand touched only his own shirt. My com is gone. That's not good Again by instinct he grabbed for his weapon, but found his hip holster empty. "They took my pulse pistol" he growled to himself, "Who took Winona?!" he shouted to the empty room.

John leaned against a cold concrete wall, holding his head and waiting for what he knew from experience were the after affects of a knock out drug to pass. The fuzz passed from his mind quicker than he hoped for. He'd have been grateful for that, except for the fact that he had been knocked out in the first place. That problem had to be solved now. Then, as if on cue, an old looking speaker crackled to life.

"Alert, combatants. You have now been engaged in a Battle Royale. Your objective is to kill each other. Until you are the only one who survives. Your reward is your freedom and the safe return to your world. This city district is twenty square miles and will serve as your battlefield. The collars are there to ensure compliance. Attempts to leave the city perimetre marked by the spires will be punished by death. Attempts to leave through the underground will be punished by death. The locker contains your randomly assigned weapon. Retrieve it now. Mission begins in ninety seconds. Prepare to kill"

"Aww, hellno" John groaned out loud. "I don't know who the frell you guys think you are," he yelled "but I am not playing your stupid game."

Mission begins in 60 seconds

"I'm not killing anyone just so you perverted freaks can get off." He warned.

No-one answered. John was left standing in a silent, empty room.

Mission begins in ten seconds

John paced across the room and tried to pull the sliding door open. The thick steel slab didn't budge. With a growl John kicked the door.

"Five, four, three, two, ONE!"

The door slid open suddenly and John took a cautious step back. He peered outside, checking to see if the coast was clear. Not another living soul was in sight. Creepy and unsettling for what looked to be downtown metropolis.

Well, there was nothing left to do now but to explore. He glanced at the locker, undecided. If he opened it and took the weapon, he was indulging the sick freaks that had captured him, but if he left without it he was unarmed and vulnerable. Finally he paced angrily to the locker and yanked it open. A small tazer gun laid on the shelf. John picked it up and turned the weapon over in his hands. The shape and weight were unfamiliar to him. He would have much rather had his trusty Winona weighing down his hip holster, but all things considered this wasn't the worst weapon he could be stuck with.

With a groan he slipped the tazer into his empty holster. "What the hezmanna are you getting yourself into John?" he wondered aloud as he stepped out into the abandoned city.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 5:26 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Character Name: Saka
Origination: Avatar: The Last Airbender
Class: Redcoat
Picture: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QRSqwYhYjvM/TGZMyoLoFPI/AAAAAAAAESY/St7rHfNHWeU/s1600/sokka.jpg
Special Talents:

Character Name: Lady ( Her real name if Dorotea Senjek, so if it is easier to use that name, since Eur has a charrie named Lady, that’s fine)
Origination: The Chronicals of the Black Company
Class: The Solider/The Deterimator
Picture: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/121/6/1/The_Lady_by_samshank0453.jpg
(Usually she’s in all black)
Special Talents: Well, since I’m taking away her magic, sword skills, and she reached a decent level of efficiency with a stranglers scarf.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2011, 12:02 am 
Vala
Vala

Ferro watched as the metal door slid open with an eerie hiss. She peered through the opening cautiously.
"Jezal!" she called out, but there was no answer. "Damn magician" she growled under her breath, "a worthless sack of pink flesh. Should of killed him when I had the chance." How else could she have woken up is such an odd, unfamiliar place, except by the work of a magician? The pale, sickly light trapped in a box on the ceiling, the sliding medal door, the dismembered voice that came from a box; those were not natural. It was magician's work. Jezal's work. She had agreed to journey with him, and he had betrayed her, magiced her away to a strange world, and stuck her in the middle of a battle field.

She knew she shouldn't have trusted him. Trust got you killed. If you couldn't watch your own back, you deserved to have a knife stabbed in it.

Ferro tugged at the metal collar around her neck, testing the strength of the lock. It had nearly scared the piss out of her when she woke up and discovered it around her neck. For a moment she was 14 again: young, naive, and helpless. Flat on her back and not allowed to say no. Trapped in a collar. Enslaved. The moment had passed as quickly as it came on, and the wave of fear had been replaced by old anger and resentment. She'd be damned if anyone thought they could enslave her again. She would find the worms that slapped this collar on her. She'd find them, and she would kill them. If she had to go through other people, then so be it. All she knew was that she was no-body's slave.

She was a killer, straight to the core. Not a soft bone in her body. Never the slightest hesitation to take a life. Cold. Heartless. Ruthless.

That's what people said about Ferro Maljinn, and she agreed with them.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 4:40 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(Sorry, guys, life got to me. And I lost the list of weapons so I'll just think of something for your characters)

Saka: AK-47
Lady: Morning star

Stiglitz finally descended the last of the flights of stairs and emerged in the lobby. It didn't look like anyone was here but he went around, checking all the doors while holding his blowgun like a club. He was still rather unhappy with the weapon they had decided to give him but hey, he could at least make the best of it. While he was checking the rooms, he looked around to see if there was anything he could possibly use to replace this weapon. He found a letter opener in someone's coat which he pocketed immediately. He deliberated and then took the coat as well. It fitted him and he was quite certain that he would definitely need it.

He then moved slowly towards the lobby doors that would lead him to outside. He glanced the windows carefully, preparing to dodge or roll out of the way if he saw any sign of a sniper. So far there wasn't. He still watched the streets as he slowly pushed the door open and slipped through. The door closed with a small snap behind him but in the abandoned streets, it echoed loudly through the buildings. He quickly turned his eyes in all directions to find any sign that someone heard the sound. Once again, nothing. The nothing was starting to scare him more than anything.

He took out a dart and slipped it inside his gun before moving north up on the street, on the hunt for someone to kill.

(Please note that I've decided that a week from now, if you still have not made your first post, your characters will automatically become RedShirts and be controlled by the active players.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 9:12 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(For guns, are the charracter's given any ammo to start, and if so, how much?)

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 12:58 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

(Good question. They are given ammo and as long as the ammo matches, you can steal other people's as well. It largely depends on the weapon you're talking about. I'll think of a standard later but pretty much if your character is off having shooting sprees every other hour, he'll probably be out of ammo by the end of the first day unless he reloads.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 6:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Lady blinked and rubbed her eyes, beginning to focus on the nearly empty room around her. She was on the floor, back slumped against a wall, looking out onto pale yellow walls and a closed wood door with a brass knob. Everything looked strange, a much different style of architecture than her dark tower at Charm. Her foggy head began to clear. Where am I? she thought, then the message began to play. Reaching up to her neck, she ran her hand against the metallic collar with annoyance. A killing game… she though. Her whole life had really been a game, a struggle for power.

“Mission begins in sixty seconds.”

Lady pushed herself up from the floor with a grunt and strode over the locker on the left wall. She yanked the doors open, revealing a morning star. Her lip twitched into a half smile as she grabbed it, testing it’s weight.

“…ten seconds…”

Croakers not going to be happy when I get home… she corrected herself… if… but shrugged it off. She was confident in her abilities. The clicking of a lock sounded. She turned and grasped the door knob, twisting it and opening the door into the game.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2011, 7:10 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"Alert, combatants. You have now been engaged in a Battle Roy ale. Your objective is to kill each other. Until you are the only one who survives. Your reward is your freedom and the safe return to your world. This city district is twenty square miles and will serve as your battlefield. The collars are there to ensure compliance. Attempts to leave the city perimeter marked by the spires will be punished by death. Attempts to leave through the underground will be punished by death. The locker contains your randomly assigned weapon. Retrieve it now. Mission begins in ninety seconds. Prepare to kill."

That's the message that blared through the speakers, flooding the small room with that annoying, monotone voice. Cloud got up, having been laying on his back in the middle of the small room. On his feet, he reached over the back of his right shoulder, expecting to find the touch of his buster sword. Nothing. He checked his pockets. No cell phone, no materia, no nothing. Just the cloths on his back. Cloud's frown deepened. This was not good. The blond moved to the cupboard in the room and opened it, expecting a weapon. But no such luck.
The blue silk scarf hung on a hook at the back. The only contents of the cupboard.
"Is this some kind of joke?" he mumbled, picking up the scarf with just a thumb and forefinger.

"Mission begins in sixty seconds"

Strange boxes with voices coming out of them, a wood and metal object that he had no idea how to operate, a metal collar around his neck. And no sword, no throwing knives, no daggers, no hidden blade. The white clad figure was NOT very happy. He ignored the voice for the time being, and tried to figure out what this thing, which was supposedly some kind of weapon, was. He took one of the bullets, a round bit of lead, and dropped it down the barrel. It fit perfect. But what good did that do? Altair ground his teeth, and just flung it over his shoulder. If anything, he could hit someone with the stupid thing.

"Twenty"

Mary, also known as Lady to everyone but the man who had been her father and was now dead, had paced around trying to find a way out. She didn't have her Kaylee Ann, the multipurpose bazooka like gun she always used, or her M9s or various other weapons. Finally she checked the cupboard, and a broad grin broke across her face.
"Now THIS is what I'm talking about!" She picked up the MP5, and loaded it like a professional. "I'm not much for killing people, but if I have to do so to get out of here, so be it."

"Ten"

Farah was so close to freaking out, it wasn't funny. One minute she was about to stop a stupid prince of Persia from opening the Sands of Time, and the next she was stuck here in this room. Had the sands done this? With the strange things around, they had to. Frightened, she had pulled open the door to the closet to see what was there... A metal bar. It was almost too heavy for her, being a thin little spoiled daughter of a Maharaja. But at least she wasn't without weapon now...

Profile       WWW     YIM