Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fantasy RP: A Team Effort (Come join! I have candy!)
PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 12:11 am 
Vala
Vala

I've been desperately hoping for a fantasy RP to pop up. Almost every day I come on here, hoping that someone created a new, kick butt fantasy RP that would knock my britches off with awesomeness. And day after day I've been disappointed. Then I realized, "Hold on a moment. Why can't I just make the RP myself? There's nothing stopping me!"

And so you are reading this post. I took the initiative and created a new RP. Yay me, I'm getting stuff done.

The thing is, I haven't really thought this out. I was thinking we could have a generic fantasy world, with a generic quest plot, an abundance of baddie minions to slay, dangerous obstacles to cross, and a whole slew of plot twisting scenarios.

But that's all I have. This is where the "Team Effort" of the RP comes in. Feel free to throw out suggestions. Go ahead and add to the plot. Hell, go ahead and make your own fantasy RP (in fact, please do. I will definitely join it). Just have fun with it. That's the point of this RP.

This is a free for all. This is my weak attempt to restart the heart of RP. This is my wake-up kick to Sharky End's gonads. I don't know about you, but I miss the days of being in three or four RPs at once, and making multiple posts a day in each of them. I know that will probably never happen again on this forum, but I was hoping we could shock some fun back into the forum.

What say ye?

((I know I haven't posted a character yet. Like I said before, I just thought of this five minutes ago, so I don't have a character created yet. But by god, don't let that stop you from posting one))

Post subject: Re: Fantasy RP: A Team Effort (Come join! I have candy!)
PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 4:43 am 
Elf
Elf

^ AYE.
It's been a while since anything with oomph has been brought to this forum, and it really needs it. I definitely think the RPG sections need to be kicked into the mad revival thing that's jazzed up the rest of the forum. :teehee:
Soooo, I'm in. Not sure what we're going for on the plot front, but I'm of the opinion that a pre/post apocalyptic fantasy society would kinda rock, though I'm pretty much open to anything in this genre... :P Not particularly helpful as such, but at least now there's two of us. Swords out! :duel:

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 16th, 2011, 7:41 am 
Elf
Elf

I'll join! Like Darkheart said, :karate: :karate: swords out! And I'm open to anything, too. :)

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ooo, I like the idea of a post apocalyptic world! As for the plot, there could be rumors of a far off land that haven't been badly touched by the apocalypse, and our characters band together to travel there.

The apocalypse could be a disastrous combination of war, followed by disease, drought, and other natural disasters.

So how does that sound?

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 1:28 pm 
Maia
Maia

Nauriel Rochnur wrote:
Ooo, I like the idea of a post apocalyptic world! As for the plot, there could be rumors of a far off land that haven't been badly touched by the apocalypse, and our characters band together to travel there.

The apocalypse could be a disastrous combination of war, followed by disease, drought, and other natural disasters.

So how does that sound?

^ i think its a brilliant idea. Never done the RP thing before but theres a first time for everything so why not start now :)

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 1:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Cool! Oh, just thought of something. Could the government of this world/planet/thing be persecuting non-humans? Or whatever the race of people is? I dunno. . . :blush:

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 3:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Yeah, but also, what about relationships. I mean, not every one should be single.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 8:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hello :)
And if it's post apocalyptic, that means its in the future... right? :fish:

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 9:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

Harthad wrote:
Cool! Oh, just thought of something. Could the government of this world/planet/thing be persecuting non-humans? Or whatever the race of people is? I dunno

That's a good idea, and one that I was thinking of incorporating into the plot. There can be more than one race of non-humans (basically whatever you can imagine, as long as it follows the normal RP rules of not being too powerful and such). I'll let you guys decide how humans treat whatever species your character is, but keep it realistic.I don't want to see every other species be some some horribly oppressed yet compeletly benevolent race that wants nothing but peace, love and rainbows with humans despite aweful and cruel hardships humans put them through. (Haha, sorry for that little rant, but one of my pet peeves is a world where the humans are always the evil evil overlords and every other living creature is a marshmellow of gooyey joy and sunshine zen.)

Fyi, I will be playing a shapeshifter. If any of you were thinking of playing a shapeshifter as well, I'm more than will to collaborate on what the shifters of this world are like.

Vengance wrote:
Hello
And if it's post apocalyptic, that means its in the future... right? :fish:

Not necessarily. This takes place in a fantasy world, so the apocolypse is happening in that world at the time we describe. Its not part of our world/universe. Besides, playing with swords and magicians is a lot more fun then guns and such :P

Misa wrote:
Yeah, but also, what about relationships. I mean, not every one should be single.

Heehee, well, if you can find someone, then more power towards you! :)

Elessar i Morna wrote:
i think its a brilliant idea. Never done the RP thing before but theres a first time for everything so why not start now

There is a first time for everything, and RPing is SO much fun. I'm glad you decided to try this out!

So, unless I have any other objections/additions, I'll start this off as soon as possible. I'm pretty busy this week, so today and tomorrow are probably not going to happen. I may be able to post Thursday, but if not it will be up late on Friday (central time).

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 11:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Lol at rainbows and zen.
So should i start a character sketch right about now :S?

PostPosted: April 18th, 2011, 11:56 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Joining :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 7:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Okay, so I'm going to post my char bio here. Hope you don't find it too long but I kind of got carried away with it.

To see a short description, scroll to the BOTTOM. Otherwise enjoy the char bio :O

Name: Arken Wonderfall
Race: human
Class: Officially? Currently a cook. (yes cook, not crook)
Skills: Cooking. Direction free conscience (gets lost often). Lock-picking. Juggling. Hand to hand combat, Halberd (skills), and Harmonica skills.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brownish Black
Height: 5’8
Weight: Light.
Weapon: Halberd. Throwing daggers hidden at various spots on his body. Set of lock picks (they’re weapons- you can stab people in the eye/face with them). Harmonica.
Clothing: Brown elf-crafted jacket, sturdy yet light with lots of pockets (as should befit a [former] [bungling] burglar). White linen shirt, crumpled because he’s either too poor or stingy to take proper care of them. Deerhide boots. Black cloth trousers that stay silent as he walks. Everything is devoted to lightness and silence as he moves about. Occasionally dons the apron in order to cook.

History:

Been through a lot of trades, including bungling burglar, wasted warehouse guard, and money-grubbing mercenary. But the party doesn’t need to know that, do they? Although if he had a better sense of direction he might actually make a good burglar, but hey, what can a burglar and guard do when there’s people/creatures flinging arrows at each other from morn to night?

Arken actually grew up in a monastery. Abandoned by his parents at the steps, he was raised by monks, who taught him their way of life. He also learned how to cook somewhat here, as well as hand to hand combat. Deciding a life of religious devotion wasn’t for him, Arken left the monastery and entered into the service of a rich lord who was in need of warehouse guards to safekeep his coffers. Here he learned how to use a halberd from the guard captain as well as grizzled fellow guards. But, well, he also learned the bad habits of the guards, who frequently guzzled ale and beer as if they were water, and eventually was dismissed from the job after being found stealing. He ran in time though, and was able to escape whatever fate awaited him in the lord’s dungeons. Then he joined a mercenary group, recruited because of his hand to hand combat skills and horrid halberd wielding ways. There some friends helped him become better at the halberd, although Arken will probably always be better without a weapon, having trained in the art from childhood until he was an adult under strict supervision of the monks.

Eventually Arken just got tired of the war, the killings, and decided to retire from the company. Catching hold of the untouched land and how many men/women/creatures partied up in order to reach it, and figuring they would enjoy good tasting food, Arken went around advertising himself as a cook, and eventually stumbled on this traveling party.

Personality: Carefree. Occasionally poetical (monk influence). But overall has a happy disposition and easily makes friends.
Reason for traveling to the non-apocalyptic paradise-y land: Does one really need a reason? It’s paradise-y.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short Description:
Arken Wonderfall is a young man of 24 who is around 5'8 and has hazel eyes paired with brownish black hair. Currently he is employed as a cook within the party, but if need be he can be handy with his halberd and, well, hands. Mostly carefree but with a horrid sense of direction (spent most of his life in a monastery and didnt venture outside) and is very friendly.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 8:19 pm 

I'd like to join, if I may. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2011, 8:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

woohoo! :D more people more people. I wishest to claimeth my candies >.>

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 12:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

Ok heres my character, its my first time making one for RP-ing so hope its good :blush:

Name : Onnekaz
Race: Half Elf
Class: Lone Ranger
Skills: Very good with a bow. Quite a good swordsman as well. Very good sight as well as hearing. Good singing voice. Has some skills with healing and hand to hand combat.
Eyes : Pale blue/almost grey. Change according to his mood.
Hair : Shoulder length straight brown hair with seemingly blond highlights.
Height: 6'' 2
Weight: Very lithe build. Slim but with defined muscles.

Weapons: Bow of Manya Valto, obtained it as a gift during his travels. White with elvish designs. Ornate quiver of 30 arrows. Quiver is designed with various insignias which he has put on himself. Also carries Larka, a hand and a half sword which he uses for close range combat. The sword was his fathers. It is a pale blue with elvish lettering on it and its scabbard is of similar style.

Clothing : For armour he has spaulders on each shoulder, greaves and vambraces made of hard leather. Blue coloured leather shirt under a midnight cloak with a hood. Black trousers and boots. All of these suiting him for stealth when he needs it. Also wears a ring with an insignia on it as well as a necklace with the same insignia on it. When questioned about either he refuses to speak about them.

History
Both parents are dead. His mother was killed by a roaming gang of scavengers and his father died of grief years later. The gang had made off with numerous possesions including his fathers sword and Onnekaz swore to get it back.
From an early age he trained in archery and learned about swordsmanship and survival in the wilderness.Then futhered his experience in these fields as he tracked the sword down by himself.
Eventually tracked the sword down and it was in the posession of the leader of the gang that had killed his mother. After a violent encounter he slew the leader and reclaimed his fathers sword dubbing it Larka.
From then on he travelled the world, increasing his fighing skills as well survival skills. He spent some time with a band of wandering elves who taught him some of the art of healing and after a fierce battle with a large band of orcs the leader of the elves gave him the bow of Malya Valto for fighting as one of their own without fear.
Some years later he fell in love with another,Eäradë, only to be betrayed by her. She was working for a corrupt king who had her family imprisoned and in return for their freedom she was to bring Onnekaz to his city. When they both arrived and the betrayal came out Onnekaz fought for his life and was saved by her as she fought for him and sacrificed her life when it seemed that he would be killed. With her dying words she asked him for his forgiveness and a promise for him to free her family. He forgave her as he knew the pain of having your family taken by circumstances beyond control. She also bestowed upon him her ring as well necklace. After her passing he freed her family and attended her funeral.
Since then he has become even less trusting of people as they have a habit of causing him pain should he care about them. He wanders the earth now by himself and attempts to do good deeds for those in need.

Personality
Onnekaz always seems calm and assured and thinks more than he speaks. Tends to laugh or smile and makes jokes. Due to his early years, almost constant sense of danger he likes to work alone, tends to be suspicious and practical. Will not hesitate to defend himself or things he cares about. Very intelligent and a strong willed. Finds it difficult to trust people properly. Does show fleeting moments of emotion and does show compassion lightly to those he cares about. Seems to mask his emotions behind his facade of comedy.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2011, 4:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

Nice character :D I see already you'll probably be great at RPing :nod:
I can already think of ways to tease people with mine :X lols. I plan on making him carefree as the description says, and oh the fun I plan on having with him messing around in the party.