Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 9:21 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

Meldawen showed this to me yesterday and I can't stop watching it. It looks AMAZING.

Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atFX6keD95o

Behind the scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJR3eBfcusM

The set looks beautiful, natural, no overuse of green screens. The characters look well cast. They seem to have put a lot of effort into getting everything right, which I appreciate. I have yet to read #3 of A Song of Ice and Fire, but this makes me want to hurry up and finish them.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 9:33 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

All I know is that Sean Bean is in it and I am going to be watching it <3

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 7th, 2010, 9:54 pm 
Lady of Gondolin
Lady of Gondolin

I have something to do this break then since I haven't seen Sharpe before...

The waves that C R A S H E D upon
The R O C K S that you were trying to step along
And in my head I heard them play a S O N G

Post subject: Re: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: April 21st, 2011, 11:10 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

HAS ANYONE WATCHED THIS. BECAUSE IF YOU HAVEN'T, WATCH IT NOW.

I NEVER get hyped about tv shows but the whole time I watched this I was like O,O . Stunning performances, eargasmic music, and (as far as I can tell) faithful to the book. Sunday is faaaaar too long a wait.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2011, 12:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't finished the first book (to my amusement, the first episode ended at the very place where I remember leaving off... :teehee: ), but I did really enjoy the first episode! The first scene was a bit horror-trope-ish for my liking, but...it happens. The music/scenery/acting/costumes were all fantastic. And of course there's Sean Bean, looking exactly like Boromir except a wee bit older and with his hair pulled back. I lol'd :-P Bring on the next episode! And maybe I should finish that book sometime!

Oh - by the way - Harry Lloyd as Viserys??? I had to do a double take, I'm so used to seeing him as brunette morally-upstanding Will Scarlett :laugh:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2011, 1:12 am 
Maia
Maia

Really wish I had that channel. :(

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 1:00 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

^ INTERNET!!! I watched it literally at the same time as a friend was watching it on t.v. Just google "Watch game of thrones online" and you'll get a billion websites with the first eppy up.

I thought it was fantastic, I've never read the books (maybe they'll be part of my summer reading list), but the first episode was fantastic. I LOVE Sean Bean, and the ending was such a cliff hanger!!! ARGH.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 3:37 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Okay this show has finally kicked me into reading the books. It's really fantastic. First of all, I absolutely LOVED the sets. Like LDM said, it's refreshing to see them actually film everything in environments rather than cop out and use green screen. One of my favourite things was the scene in the cathedral where you see this beautiful infusion of Catholicism and Greek mythology. And the castle of Winterfell just looks so realistic and teeming with life. I love how you actually see them prepare for the feast before it happens. Really adds to the world.

I'm reading A Game of Thrones right now and so far it appears to be very faithful to the source material which was refreshing. It is rather hard to establish all these characters in the beginning especially since in the first few chapters we are thrown all these different people. I had to watch the pilot twice, the second time jumping around Wikipedia to figure out who is who and even then I'm not quite sure. Which one is the youngest Stark son? The little boy that laughed at Bran? The acting is really solid where it is solid. I particularly love Sean Bean in this. He does a phenomenal job with Ned.

EDIT: The costumes are just fabulous! See, Eragon, this is how you do medieval costumes!

Overall I look forward to this.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 27th, 2011, 3:56 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

My new obsession....I just...wow. I cannot say enough good things about this show.
And yes if you can't get HBO or like me in the UK...watch it ONLINE! it's ttly worth it.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2011, 5:17 am 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I've been so intrigued by this as it looks so awesome, but the speakers (and headphone output) have been busted on my laptop for a couple of months now so I haven't been able to watch anything (or listen to any music). But I've bought a new (used) computer so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with Game of Thrones soon!

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 1:29 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh this is sooooooo cathartic

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 2:45 pm 

GoT better get here already!! I can't believe we Europeans are kept waiting for those shows for months!
*glares at responsible tv-stations*

(I don't feel comfortable watching it on unreliable internet sources, not as long as I've got my precious thesis saved on my computer. I've had too many blue screen incidents lately and it freaked me out everytime.. )

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 7:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Caunion, I could watch that animated gif aaaaaall day :lol: It's pretty awesome.

Sunday is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. Yes, I'm a sad, sad person. It's not my fault GoT is so awesome!

Anyway, random thought for the day: I was so convinced that the young actress who plays Sansa Stark also played Helen in the new version of Jane Eyre.

^ Sansa

^ Helen

Alas, IMDb tells me I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time :-P

Can anyone who's read the books (...not just the first couple chapters like I did :teehee: ) tell me how faithful the producers are so far? Also, I always heard that George R.R. Martin loooooved killing off characters quite quickly, even the likable ones. So I'm surprised no one important has died yet :-P Still, I'm keeping myself steeled...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 8:45 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

The producers are overall faithful to the main story. It is rather hard to condense all that material into a television show. Although we should be grateful they didn't try to make this into a movie. I can only imagine it being as long as the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy. I think there are some issues in regards to pacing, especially with the Dothraki subplot, but I can't be sure.

Well, Sean Bean's in it. You pretty much know he's a goner. What's his track record again? He only survived Silent Hill, Troy, and the Sharpe series.

Oh fun fact about the actress who plays Sansa. She apparently adopted Lady in the real life. Isn't that awesome? Then again, if I was a dog person, I would adopt them as well.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 3:30 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

It finally started here today and I loved it! Haven't read the books yet but now I definitely have to!

Sean Bean looks pretty much the same he's in. But I'm not complaining :p Everytime I see Jason Momoa all I think is Ronon :-D

banner by Aredhel Ar-Feiniel

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 4:23 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Just watched the first episode now. It looks good. Heavy on the nudity, but I guess that's part of being true to the period :P

I wonder how the stories of all the different people play out against each other though, that'll be interesting to see. Also I love how they've got so many different people and even though they didn't really tell you who's who, it wasn't difficult to keep up.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next