Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where does your allegiance lie? :D
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 11:53 am 
Maia
Maia

So basically what I’m asking is, if you could choose, from what race of Middle Earth would you be? :-D

~ Elves (Rivendell, Lothlorien, etc)
~ Dwarves
~ Race of Men (Gondor, Rohan, etc)
~ Hobbits
~ Ents
~ Wizards

And so on!
I’m not exactly sure on this one – I mean, I’d kind of like to be all of them. I daydream about having a hobbit house like Bag End, but I’d also really like to be a wizard. Weird, I know, especially for a girl, but I have this insane idea that when The Hobbit movies are released I’ll dress up like Gandalf, beard, hat, pipe, staff and all. :lol:
However (yes, there may be many howevers) I feel a pretty strong allegiance to Gondor. Not that I’d steal the One Ring for it or anything, you know, that would be going too far. Anyway, terrible jokes aside! ;) I really admire the Gondorians for their strength and courage even in such a hopeless situation; one of my favourite parts of The Two Towers book is when Faramir’s describing the fall of the kings of Gondor and how the ruling Stewards came to power (Gandalf gets that bit in ROTK the movie).
I just love everything about it! If I try and put everything I love about Gondor into words I’ll probably trail into a long ramble and it’ll start to get a little crazy.
But I also adore Rohan. That probably has something to do with my hero-worship of Eowyn, but I love it for itself too.
And then I also love Lothlorien; for ages and ages I had a quote from Galadriel’s song (“I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew”) in my sig. I’d quite like to live in the towering trees of the golden wood. If I didn’t hate heights. But I’m sure the lovely glittering lights and just the fact of living with the elves would overcome that fear. :-D
If only I could be a Hobbit/Wizard/Rohirric/Gondorian/Elven hybrid. But then I’d probably look rather weird. :blink:

So! Who would you be in Middle Earth? :-D
~goldyxxx

~~Siggy by Lembas~~

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 12:49 pm 

You should make it into a poll!

I wouldn't like to be tree-ish so Ents are out, and Dwarves are way too hard-working, and in addition they work in mines... too dusty and rough... :-)

I love the way Hobbits like their meals, and what a merry people they are, but in the long run I might be annoyed with the lightness. Very few of the Hobbits seem to have the depth and thoughtfulness of Frodo and I'm not sure I would have the patience to put up with yet another quarrel over sour butter... or something like that... :-)

I wouldn't mind being of the Race of Men - but oh, look! I am of the Race of Men, lucky me! I understand their strength and weaknesses and I think it is fascinating that they are flawed - just think of Boromir, but also heroic like e.g Eowyn. They do everything for a reason, but mostly we act for what we believe is the good. Boromir did so and how was he to know that the One Ring couldn't be mastered...

But since I know Men too well, it would be nice to choose something different in ME.

Wizards... being a Maia, wise and old, having seen the world begin, knowing truth beyond truth and be able to float on waves of wisdom. Choosing any shape or appearence I wanted, being able to wield powers from the beginning of time and commanding the minds of most creatures.
But still.. having the burden of the world on my shoulders... I think it would be too grievous, too heavy and it might even crush me - or push me to the dark Side....

This leaves us with... Elves... Elves are immortal, fair and sorrowful creatures. Contemplating the fate of the world as they watch the time pass by. When they show emotions they are so much stronger than that of Men, their wrath may last for centuries and they don't take anything lightly.

Yet, I adore them fair creatures. They are a mystery to us and that might be partly what attracts me, spellbinds me to them. Their beautiful language and speech, the glorious Elven cities and ... all that jazz!

My allegiance lies with the Elves. :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara

Last edited by on October 18th, 2009, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 10:06 pm 
Elf
Elf

Rohan. The Rohirrim are brave, heroic, and I've always loved them. Plus...HORSES!! =D

I love the Elves of course, I'm just kind of sick of how everyone now a days is like "Oh Elves are so perfect and immortal and nature-loving and kickbutt and perfect and immortal and nothings wrong with them and they are so much more wise than us mere mortals and they are all-around better than us because they're so perfect and immortal..." Not that anyone else on AU has this attitude, it's mostly RPers and Tolkien-wannabe-writers who probably haven't even heard of the Silmarillion.

I love the Hobbits too! They're so light-hearted and jolly, and I definately share their passion for food. :lol: And even though most couldn't tell at first glance, hobbits seem to be the most resilient race of Middle-earth. Like Galadriel said, even the smallest person can change the course of the future. Frodo wasn't extraordinary for a hobbit, really. He was perhaps more intellectial and couragous than the others, and he fell into some extraordinary circumstances, but he wasn't any kind of "super-hobbit" ...

So, all that rambling summed up: Teh Espie sides with teh Rohirrim and teh Hobbits. Is a tossup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 4th, 2009, 12:37 am 

Hobbits. No question about it. Yes, they are carefree. Yes, they seem not to think about anything besides their next meal. But they're so joyful. That's something I really appreciate. And you have to remember, there are those like the Sacksville-Bagginses. Not everyone is "happy happy joy joy" all the time. I think there's a depth to hobbits that people don't get to know much about because of their first appearance. But you have to think about our heroes. Frodo, yes, was a special hobbit who thought about things beyond the Shire and spoke with elves. But Sam, Merry, Pippin, and Fatty? They are the "typical" hobbit. And look at what they did! There is so much to hobbits! As Gandalf says, "Hobbits really are amazing creatures! You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years, they can still surprise you."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2009, 3:06 pm 

I feel as Eä does
..my realm lies in Rivendell, my alligence with the elves

MvL/Nurr
my Aragorn

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2009, 9:00 pm 
Ent
Ent

Well, for me I also love the Elves. I love the Rohirrim, because of the horses and their freedom, and the Rangers...I guess Numenorians that came to Arnor? Because they're strong and weather much and are like unknown protectors. But most of all I side with the Elves.

Before someone rolls their eyes at me because of it, let me explain why. Aside from always having a special spot in my heart for them, I like the Elves because though not exactly human, they too have their loves and fears and pains that help them connect to us. And I love the history of the Elves that is chronicled in the Silmarillion; it is rich, deep, and manyfold. I think they have suffered much as the Firstborn and with their own rifts and they deserve what they get, which is as much bad as good.

As for the others, I love the Hobbits but I couldn't say my allegiance lies with them. I like how they're carefree and happy, but I couldn't live just like that, I don't think. I don't like mining much, nor do I much care for gold, so no to the Dwarves. I already spoke of the men...Ents are just too odd for me, and anyway they're all men nowadays. As for the Istari, I don't think I could handle that much knowledge and power, to be a Maia.

^ Sig set by Goldy!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Where does your allegiance lie? :D
PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 1:48 pm 
Maia
Maia

Id definetly be an Elf. Probably from Mirkwood.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 2:01 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Rohan.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm with Haldir on this one.
I love everything about the Rohirric culture, so it's not really a hard choice :teehee:

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 7th, 2011, 10:26 am 
Istari
Istari

Definitely with the Elves in Rivendell... imagine living in that place!

PostPosted: May 11th, 2011, 3:34 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'd love to say an elf, but I'm not tall or pretty or perfect enough. So, I guess I could be a shieldmaiden of Gondor, which is even better, if anything. I just really love everything about Gondor, from the culture and history to the architecture and scenery. And the fact that Faramir's from there doesn't hurt, either. ;-)
In fact, I have a T-shirt with the white tree on it :-D
*looks down and gasps* oh hey, I'm wearing it right now too. :whistle:

Banner by Turwaithiel Rochben :hug:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 14th, 2011, 1:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

I'd either be with the Elves or the Hobbits, though I'm not exceptionally short. I guess I would fit in better with the Elvenfolk. :)

thanks for the Hobbit Team banner, Lembas!

PostPosted: May 20th, 2011, 5:12 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Rangers of Eriador

Unsang heroes who protect the North while not needing thanks or gratitude, just fighting for a just cause.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Out of the list ..... definitely Elves, but you forgot the corrupted side for those of us who follow the Dark Lord. :)

They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
How did it come to this?

PostPosted: May 30th, 2011, 11:29 am 
Istari
Istari

Man, definitely man. I don't exactly know why but unlike most people I have always had a soft spot for them. They don't have the curse of fate and are faster and more agile than the dwarves. Anyway, I would chose to be a Rohirrim.

"Looking behind"

PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 6:47 am 
Istari
Istari

Definitely Hobbits. I love how playful and "out-of-roblems" they are. They like to eat, partying and meet with other - its something I always cherish. Of course todays partying doesn't match Hobbit partying and I prefer Hobbit partying ;)

They seem to be just like me; a little reckless but full of life.

After Hobbits, I love Elves, because they are just...glorious. I admire they sadness and beauty.