Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 7:14 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

A Lose-plot Fantasy Role Play by Eruraina and Turwaithiel Rochben

In a land of myth and fantasy, a place where legends are real, where dragons fly and majestic beasts roam, there is a great darkness rising. A cloud of doubt and despair is covering this enchanted land without test or challenge. Great and terrible beasts that once slept deep beneath the earth are awakening to wrought chaos once more, once docile creatures are terrorizing villages and once peaceful shires. Who can rise against this threat? Who will rise against it? This task of unmasking the reason for this darkness rising is not a task solely for noble knights, champions, and heroes. This is a quest that will require anyone willing to pick up sword, bow, spear, axe, hammer, dagger, knife, staff, wand, tooth, or claw against impossible odds. Whether it be thief or merchant, beggar or prince, ranger or man-at-arms, warlock or enchantress. All must be willing to discard the mask of social standings so that all stand equal together and with combined strength to fight back the darkness to it's source, and uncover a great and powerful secret that has been kept masked for longer than the land they walk on is old.

Will you fight?

Rules:
1. No god modding
2. No one-liners
3. More than one character allowed
4. You are allowed to, no encouraged to make plot twists and developments however and whenever you want.
5. Have fun!

Bio template
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapons/Skills/Magic:
History:
Other:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Characters
Name: Xavier Th'gil
Alias: Wolfe Blackwing
Race: Fallen
Appearance:
Gruff and rugged with black hair and dark brown eyes, he keeps himself clean shaven whenever he can, but that is not always the case. He stands around 5'5", making him neither tall, but not entirely short. He is lean and agile. His work makes it so. He is not muscular bulky, but he is not slender and fragile. And as is the sign of an assassin, he is missing his ring finger on his right hand.
~Appearance: http://eruraina.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -214567490
~Front Apparel: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... resize.jpg
~Back Apparel: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... _ii_10.jpg
Personality:
Dark in the quiet and mysterious and untrusting way. He trusts only himself, not even his fellow assassins. Everything he does, he does with his own secret motive, and no matter what, he gets the job done. If he is sent to kill you, even if it takes weeks or months, or just a few hours, the breaths you take are numbered. He doesn't talk much, rather prefering to be the quiet figure in the corner. But when he does he tends to be sarcastic and sharp and witty. He is also very proud with an ego to match, but doesn't flaunt it with his tounge. Instead he will show you this fact with his weapons.
Weapons/Skills/Magic:
Hidden wrist knives, a gun-like machine on his left wrist, a mace, a short sword, several daggers, throwing knives, and hidden knives. Many needles and a crossbow. Expert in almost any weapon. Can use magic to aid him in kills(i.e. makes his footsteps completely silent, leave no trace of passage including aura, ect), poisions(and most cures for poisions), knows how to read some, cannot write, though speaks many languages fluently.
History:
Xavier Th'gil was once of the race of angels, which basically winged people with a lifespan of about 150 years, so not immortal. He had a twin brother named Kayne. They looked completely identical, all the way down to their black feathered wings. They had just reached the angel's age of teenage years when Xavier was betrayed by his brother. Kayne disguised himself as Xavier and committed a great crime. Xavier was taken into custody and found guilty. And for punishment of the crime, he was to be made a Fallen, an angel cut from their wings. When the deed was done, and Xavier woke up, he was full of hatred and revenge. But what life is there for a fallen? Xavier could think of only one thing. Assassin. He became a knife for hire, but it wasn't long before the Brotherhood found him. They took him in and trained him and got him over his thirst for revenge. He changed his name to Wolfe Blackwing and upon being accepted into the brotherhood, had his ring finger on his right hand taken as was tradition. It wasn't long before he was a master assassin...
Other:
A black 17hh gelding named Shataal
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g111/ ... 230813.jpg
Sometimes a falcon is seen near where he may be. This may be coincidence or not. No one knows for sure. And no one dare ask.

Name: Gwirithiel(Gwiri for short) Aldalaer
Race: forest elf
Appearance:
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users12/w ... 989715.jpg
Personality: to be developed in rp
Weapons/Skills/Magic: magic over plants, skills with sword and bow.
History: Daughter of a noble in the forest elf kingdom. Not quite a princess, but still part of the king's court. The forest elf kingdom was the first to be attacked by the dark creatures, causing most of the elves to flee their woodland home. But Gwirithiel, having been trained to fight like all forest elves, was one of the few to have faught back, but in the end was forced to flee as well...
Other:

Last edited by Eruraina on June 24th, 2011, 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 7:34 pm 
Maia
Maia

sounds great, am definitely up for this. Hope it helps revive the RP section.
Bio coming very soon. :)

EDIT:
Name: Gannicus
Race: man

Appearance: Average height. Strong build.
http://media.knoxville.com/media/img/ph ... e_t588.jpg

Personality: Quite sarcastic, almost unwavering arrogance, does show compassion for those who are close to him. Loves to enjoy himself and has an eye for women as well as drink.
Weapons/Skills/Magic:Has 2 Gladius swords that he fights with.Very good at tracking and quite skilled in educating others in how to swordfight. Also has a bow and quiver of arrows.
History:He knew nothing of his parents and was trained to fight to a very high level with most weapons as well as his hands(though he favours his two swords). He quickly adapted and his skills rose and became a very revered fighter in the arena. Never had a serious relationship with a anyone save a very close friend who was killed in the arena. Since then he tries not to get close to anyone.Constantly smirking and after gaining his freedom, he roams around looking for a good time.

Last edited by Legolas on July 16th, 2011, 12:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 11:00 pm 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

Yay, it's up! :)

My bios!

Name: Aiden Thorne
Race: Human
Appearance: Picture
Albeit he is 25 in age, his face is young in appearance, with dark brown hair that is usually mistaken for black due to soot and ash. His face also gives away his glass-half-full personality that has never been tested throughout his life through his smile lines and kind, deep gazing eyes.
Personality: A very happy person that is skilled with not only in hands, but whatever he creates with them, he can use -- there is not a weapon that he does not know how to use, however his experience on the battlefield is ill to none, as he has grown up in the smithy. He enjoys the sun and battles of wit, and is very blunt, at times. His willpower is strong, though he does not realize it, for it has never been tested; but he will stand up for what he believes in until the bitter end.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Two longswords, like so.
History: Aiden and his twin sister, Olivia, grew up together in the small town of Yorkshyre, off the coast of the Jystin. They lived with their parents who taught them each their trade until two years past, when they were brutally murdered by animals which they could not name; ever since, Aiden has not escaped the smell of blood, as he has a scar across his chest to prove his small escape from death -- the scar that haunts his past and moves his future, as he decides to join up the fight against these creatures and discover what motives them, to avenge his parents.
Other: :)

Name: Olivia Thorne
Race: Gifted Human
Appearance: Picture
Olivia appears to be Aiden's older sister, yet they are actually twins. She has soft, golden brown hair that is worn in loose curls with dark brown eyes. She has smooth skins and a smooth face, yet her arms from her shoulders down to her fingertips are laced in dark, silver-glowing tattoos, which give away her connection to the elements as an Elemental -- or a Warlock who is gifted with the affiinity for Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind.
Personality: While maintaining a happier mindset of her brother, ever since her parents murder, she has become soft spoken and quiet, usually only speaking to her brother; when she does speak, however, her tongue is quick and harsh. She only trusts her brother and will do anything to be with him and protect hi
Weapons: Can summon elements with her will and control them, although if she strains herself and uses too much energy (which she can tell by the fading glow of her tattoos), she could easily die.
History: Please see Aiden's
Other: :D

I'm excited!

PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 8:27 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Name: Gramsil Strongforge
Race: dwarf
Appearance: http://images.epilogue.net/users/powree/dwarf100.jpg
Personality: Hearty and strong with a big sense of humor and a love of ale, roasted pork, and dwarf women.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: earth magic, prefers hammer, but carries an axe just in case. An expert miner as well as stone sculptor.
History: Grew up in a great underground dwarven city. Word came that some of the dwarf kin that lived on the surface needed aid with raids, so Gramsil went with them and grew very fond of the green world above...

PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 5:58 pm 
Elf
Elf

I would like to join! :)

Name: Holly
Race: Gifted Human
Appearance: Click Here!
Personality: Holly is feisty, and likes to test people's limits by joking around. She also likes to laugh. A lot. Can see the bright side of every situation (well, not every situation, but you know what I mean) and is very curious about everything. Quick learner. A bit nervous around people she doesn't know.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Can read minds and heal people.
History: Holly doesn't know who she is or where she came from. She lives in a dungeon, but she doesn't know why she's there. What she does know is that the Master of the Cells (as Holly calls him) practices dark magic, and uses Holly to find out information from other people he captures. That's how she knows that she can read minds. The Master is brutal to all the prisoners, and Holly has had her fair share of beatings. Despite this, she keeps a sunny outlook on life. At least, most of the time.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 17th, 2011, 9:14 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Awesome! I think we have enough people to start this thing!

~~~~~~~~~~~

The city was over crowded with people. The main city was guarded by stone walls, while shacks made by the poor and beggars surrounded the outside of the wall. The city had grown greatly, as more and more people flooded in for safety. It was land ruled by a duke, who ruled under the king of the kingdom. But this city was on the border of the kingdom, so it was home to more than natives to the country.
It was also no longer just a city, but had become a refuge for those who had lost their homes to the raids that had multiplied, and still multiplied.
In the middle of the city was a great mansion where the duke lived with his family. This mansion had a yard of grass and a wall with a cast iron gate surrounding it, keeping the poor people out. Standing infront of the gate stood an elf maiden in full armor with a sword and bow. She was speaking to the guards.
"Please let me in, I must speak with the duke! I am no peasant, can't you tell by my garb? Let me speak with him," the elf, Gwirithiel, told the guard.
"I'm sorry miss, but orders from the duke says no one is to pass through this gate without his command," the guard replied, staying between her and the gate.
"Then send someone in to ask if I may speak with him."
"He is also not to be disturbed."

Gwiri turned away with a huff.
"Humans! Annoying little pests! How do they expect to end the raids when the people who have the money and resources to do something just lock themselves away in their estates," she ranted to no one in particular as she walked down the streets...

PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 10:38 am 
Elf
Elf

Holly sat back as she put the finishing touches on a bracelet she had made from some of the nicer rocks in her 'room'. Making things like these were about the only entertainment she got, being stuck down in this cold, damp cell for who knows how long. There were, of course, the 'mind games', as the Master called them, with new prisoners who wouldn't tell the Master what he wanted. He called Holly his secret weapon, because who would expect their thoughts being probed by a little girl like herself? She hated every minute of it. Holly dearly wanted to escape, but to where? No, she had resigned herself to the fact that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. It wasn't like she was treated that badly, but there were some times when she just wanted to scream, this place was so horrible.

Her cell door opened and the Master grabbed her by the arm and roughly pulled her out. It was time for another mind reading. Holly didn't know who she was going to meet, but she hoped it wasn't someone good. The good ones were always the hardest, because they were always kind to her. No, it was better that she meet an evil person. She tried to gather her thoughts and prepared for whatever would happen ahead.

(Does anyone want to be the person that Holly has to mind-read?)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 5:56 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Location: In my library, unconvering dark and mysterious secrets...

(Can I still join?)

Thanks Nurratiel, *Ennostiel*, PD, and Githoniel

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2011, 10:27 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Of course you can, Las.
I suppose my other character can, Harth. I'll post ic when I come back from work.)

(Edit, here's my post:)

He couldn't believe they caught him. It was impossibly hard to comprehend that hey had succeeded. It was even harder to understand how he didn't see the trap before it was too late. And now here he sat, shackled to a hard wooden chair with a bloody nose, the taste of the metallic liquid in his mouth, and a small stab wound in his side that had managed to stop bleeding a few hours ago, his hood pulled back to show his face to the capturers. He wasn't here because they needed to find out if he had been the one to kill the man. No, they were trying to squeeze out information about the brotherhood. Wolfe could only chuckle. Good luck with that, he thought. But then the dungeon warden called for his "secret weapon". What could that be? The warden hadn't gotten so much of a peep out of Wolfe.

The assassin didn't expect to see a little girl walk into the room.
"What kind of secret weapon is this?" he asked the warden challengingly...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 11:50 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Eruraina wrote:
Awesome! I think we have enough people to start this thing!

~~~~~~~~~~~

The city was over crowded with people. The main city was guarded by stone walls, while shacks made by the poor and beggars surrounded the outside of the wall. The city had grown greatly, as more and more people flooded in for safety. It was land ruled by a duke, who ruled under the king of the kingdom. But this city was on the border of the kingdom, so it was home to more than natives to the country.
It was also no longer just a city, but had become a refuge for those who had lost their homes to the raids that had multiplied, and still multiplied.
In the middle of the city was a great mansion where the duke lived with his family. This mansion had a yard of grass and a wall with a cast iron gate surrounding it, keeping the poor people out. Standing infront of the gate stood an elf maiden in full armor with a sword and bow. She was speaking to the guards.
"Please let me in, I must speak with the duke! I am no peasant, can't you tell by my garb? Let me speak with him," the elf, Gwirithiel, told the guard.
"I'm sorry miss, but orders from the duke says no one is to pass through this gate without his command," the guard replied, staying between her and the gate.
"Then send someone in to ask if I may speak with him."
"He is also not to be disturbed."

Gwiri turned away with a huff.
"Humans! Annoying little pests! How do they expect to end the raids when the people who have the money and resources to do something just lock themselves away in their estates," she ranted to no one in particular as she walked down the streets...

Gramsil the dwarf sat nearby on a barrel, a pint of ale in one hand, his war hammer in the other. He overheard the elf's conversation with the guards, as well as her ranting.
"Aye, I agree with ye, she-elf. This duke man should be doin' somethin'. But all the doin's I see him doin' is gettin drunk and wenchin'," Gramsil grumbled loud enough for the elf to hear. "I'm thinkin he just don't wanna deal with the real problem here, eh?"

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 12:01 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gwirithiel stopped when she realized the dwarf was speaking to her.
"Well, it is not very often one finds dwarven kind so far away from home. What brings you so far from home, mountain kin? This is the last place I would expect to find a dwarf," she said, and came a bit closer.

"You have the look of one ready for battle. May I guess that you are here on the same order of business as I am?" she inquired of the short stalky, bearded man...

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 1:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Holly ignored the man, climbing up onto the stool and squeezing her eyes shut. She cast her mind probe out, chasing around the room until she delved into the person's mind. To Holly, it was a sort of sticky darkness that followed her around. An evil person, finally. She buried below the darkness, searching for memories, anything that might be useful. "His name is Xavier Th'gil, but he usually goes by the name Wolfe Blackwing." she called out, for she knew that the Master was close by, waiting on her every word. "He was once an angel, but had his wings taken from him as some form of punishment for some crime he didn't do. Because of that, he started killing lots of people. . .oh. He became an assassin. What's an assassin?"

The Master didn't answer. Holly sighed and resumed probing. "He plans to go back to his secret place, after killing me and breaking out of this wretched place. . .hey!"

Her eyes snapped open. "That's not nice. I don't like doing this, but I have to. I'm sorry that you're here, but it's not my fault! You don't just have to go around killing anyone you meet because of what happened with your brother. It's just not nice. Everyone's better than that."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Eruraina wrote:
Gwirithiel stopped when she realized the dwarf was speaking to her.
"Well, it is not very often one finds dwarven kind so far away from home. What brings you so far from home, mountain kin? This is the last place I would expect to find a dwarf," she said, and came a bit closer.

"You have the look of one ready for battle. May I guess that you are here on the same order of business as I am?" she inquired of the short stalky, bearded man...

"If by business ye mean here 'cause of the raids, then ye be correct in thinkin' that. Even us dwarves in our mountains ain't safe," Gramsil replied, taking a big swig of his ale, emptying the cup. He tossed it to the ground with a loud clang and hopped off of his barrel and looked up at the elf. "Name's Gramsil Strongforge of the Dire Mountain. Maybe we can help each other out, elf."

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 2:22 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

He felt it when she entered his mind. It was a strange feeling that caught him off guard. He couldn't help but smirk. So that was this warden's game. He knew how to take care of this. He closed his eyes so he could consentrate. Wolfe gave the girl almost free range of his mind, letting her see his memories, making up a plan that might upset her for her to stumble across in his mind. But he managed to keep the location of the brotherhood and any important information about it hidden from the probing.

And then she came across the plan. Wolfe couldn't help but smile. He opened his eyes to see her expression. The way he had thought of it, he hadn't called the place wretched. Then Wolfe had an idea.

"I do not kill because of my brother, I kill because it is my job. That is what an assassin is," he said gently to her, without any harshness in his voice.

But I can see in your eyes you do not wish to be here. Maybe we can aide each other here, little girl. If you free me, I will help you escape as well. And I promise I will not kill you. These thoughts he put on the forfront of his mind for her to read...

~~~~~~~~~~

"Gwirithiel Aldalaer of the forest elves," Gwiri replied in kind. "You catch me off guard with your words, Gramsil Strongorge. Long have our people been at odds together. Dwarves and elves hardly ever get along, it is well known. But seeing as how we both share a common problem, it may be just the alliance needed. Now, do you have any idea where we can start? I've already tried the duke, as well as neighboring leaders. But they're all the same. Locked in their estates."

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 4:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

Holly's eyes widened, and she quickly looked to the open door to see if the Master was close by. He wasn't.

"Okay." she whispered. "But you have to really promise that you wont kill me. Please."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 5:25 pm 
Maia
Maia

Gannicus drained his seventh cup of ale and set it down. He had drunk them all almost immediately after each other. He had a broad smirk on his face as he surveyed the tavern. Most of the women had left as it was starting to get later in the day, so he had taken to ale to amuse himself.
But he thought it was time to leave to find something else to do.
He collected his things and left the tavern to wander the streets for a while. It seemed like a normal day. There were beggars, some peasants looking to buy supplies, shopkeepers who seemed to overprice their wares, and guards.
Gannicus turned a corner and a strange sight met his eyes. Two figures. ''A dwarf definitely'' he thought to himself. ''there's no mistaking that beard..... oh and the height too'' he laughed to himself. The other seemed to look human. He moved forward for a closer look. He then beheld a woman who he found to be almost flawless in looks, long hair shining in the sun, piercing eyes. Then he notice her ears, '' An elf!'' he said to himself. he had never before encountered an elf or a dwarf for that matter.''I'd never pass up a chance to get to know a female elf '' he thought to himself.
So naturally curiosity got the better of him as he moved to speaking distance towards them.