Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Masks of Darkness
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 6:00 pm 
Elf
Elf

Holly cast her eyes around the room, seeing if the keys were still in the area. They were, on a small table in the corner. Obviously, the Master had forgotten them or else thought that no one would dare to touch them. Holly slid off the stool and carefully walked over to the table and took the keys, hardly making a sound. She turned to Wolfe, and unlocked his chains. Holly smiled uncertainly, really wanting to trust this man. "Should we go now, Mr. Wolfe, sir?"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 7:27 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"I am already several steps ahead there, Falene," Gwiri said in reply to the other elf's words. "I have gone to the neighboring Lords, and they are all the same."

The man spoke again, and as a courtesy looked him in the eye like she did with each one when they spoke. But it was hard to respect a man with a drunken slurr. Gwiri showed her unapproval on her face.
"It is a reckless idea," she said, repeating herself from earlier. "But may be the only thing we can do..."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 10:23 pm 
Maia
Maia

Falene considered. "Perhaps, if this is the only choice we have, if we were to find more who are willing to join us in our venture." She looked at the group. "Two elves, a dwarf, a human, and a tiger is not enough." She told them.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 11:12 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I didn't mean a full attack! I'm talkin' 'bout we sneak in and find what we can find. Figure out what be causin these raids. Monsters, we know, but from where?" Gramis said quickly, thinking by the response of the others they had gotten his gruff words the wrong way. "So then we don't be needin too bit a group. But the four... er five," he glanced at the tiger, who was almost as tall as he was. "Won't be big enough. But I don't see it as a good idea to just go 'round askin everyone to join such a quest. We need to be more hush if ye know what I mean."

PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 11:21 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Oops, sorry Hathrad! I had been in such a hurry when I posted my last post, I totally forgot to reply to yours!)

When Holly unchained him, the first thing he did was bring his hands forward to rub his wrists. Now that this had been done, he no longer needed to speak to her just through his mind.
"First I need my weapons. Or at least my sword, the throwing knives are easy enough to come by," Wolfe said, standing, and going to the door. He peaked his head out and glanced up and down the hall. The warden was gone, as were the other guards. Though he could hear voices echoing from one end of the hall, as well as the clank of someone in armor moving around. "I know where they took them from me, but I don't know where they took them."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You mean a stealth mission?" Gwiri inquired of the dwarf, placing slender fingers on a delicate looking chin, and her other hand on her elbow in thought. "That sounds much more practical then what I was thinking of. Thank you for clearing that for me, master dwarf. But, how do you suggest we get more members in this party if we do not ask others for help? I am sure not everyone cares to overheard conversations," she said, glancing at the three, since that was how they had congregated in the first place...

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 12:07 am 
Maia
Maia

'' I agree with you, master dwarf. I believe we see eye to..... well I concur that we shouldn't be telling the general public. It may give us the sort of attention we don't need, as well as a possible audience with the Duke for the wrong reasons. Also'' he paused for dramatic effect and beckoned them closer '' we have no way of knowing if there are enemy spies about which it is possible there may be and we wouldn't want them hearing about this.''
He believed that he had a valid point. Though he thought that the ale may be lowering the effect of his words. '' People have forgotten to enjoy themselves'' he thought.
''Though apparently'' this time just loud enough for the others to hear him'' people have a habit of , to use your phrase master dwarf, gawkin at passers by'' He looked towards a man and a woman who had emerged from the tavern around the corner, judging by the ale in their hands, and who Gannicus thought had been watching them during their discussion.
'' I do believe it may have been my chivalry and/or good looks that has attracted the attention of the woman, though what the man is doing, I have no idea'' he joked with a mock confused look on his face.

(Tur: hope its ok I had them come out of the tavern, just want to help move the story along :) )

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 9:35 am 
Elf
Elf

"He puts everything in the Storeroom, Mr. Wolfe. It's this way."

Holly led him down the hallway in the opposite direction from the other people, and soon they came to a small door. Holly quickly pushed it open and darted in, grabbing the two knives and handing them to Wolfe. She ran back in tried to lift the sword but found that she couldn't.

"Um, a little help here, please?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 10:50 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Wolfe followed the girl, never letting his guard down even once. It wasn't long before they reached what was obviously the weapon stash. Cautiously he stopped just outside the door to make sure no one was around, and that no one would come, and next thing he knew the girl was there with two of his knives. The assassin took and sheathed them before entering the small room as well. It was an almost funny sight seeing the girl struggle with his sword. He reached over her and quickly picked it up, since it was in it's sheath, and belted it at his waist. Then he moved on to another part of the room and picked up a few more weapons. Whether they were actually his weapons or not, he would not give a hint either way. When he was fully armed, and nodded to the girl.
"Lets go now. Lead the way, kid. If there are guards, I want you to get behind me so I can take care of them. Understood?"

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

(Hey is it too late to join?)

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 2:13 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Nope, not too late. Go ahead and jump right in!)

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 12:39 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Understood, sir!" With that, Holly led the way down the hallway, towards the voices. She hoped that Wolfe would be able to take care of them, whatever they were. She peeked around a corner and saw two people, engrossed in a heated argument. Would Wolfe just kill them right there and then? Holly hoped he wouldn't; it would just be too. . .well, too mean. At least kill them if they pose a problem to us. But as she entered their minds, encountering little resistance, she found that the two men really were evil, and, and wanted to enslave all the prisoners?! To, to. . .build an army. An army for what purpose? Holly went white as one of the men turned towards them. "Mr Wolfe, sir. . .?" she asked nervously.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 4:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Name:Agron
Race: Human
Appearance: http://images.wikia.com/spartacus/image ... riegel.jpg
Personality: Is serious when the situation demands it but knows the value of a good joke. Is very loyal and keeps his word but is very difficult to gain his trust.
Weapons/Skills/Magic: Has a two handed sword that was given to him as a prize for his fighting prowess when he won a tournament in the arena. Has a small knife that he keeps hidden as well as a bow and arrows. Can fight with his fists if need be.
History: Nothing is known about him before he was sold as a slave to be trained to compete in the arena, though it is likely that he had been taught how to use a sword before. Also won his freedom after a few years and was given his sword upon becoming free. He was on good terms with Gannicus as they were trained in the same place before the latter won his freedom 1st. He hates tyranny with a passion and dislikes unjust rulers.
Other: ( yes i know I am a tad obsessed with Spartacus :innocent: )

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 2:21 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Awesome, jump right in where you see fit!)

"Just call me Wolfe please. None of that sir business," the assassin told he girl, as he followed her through the halls of the dungeon. He paused behind her as she peaked around, and watched her face. He noticed how she turned ashen white, obviously listening to their toughts, for they couldnt make out what the guards said. Not even Wolfe who's senses were slightly stronger than a humans, though nowhere close to as strong as that of an elf's. But it was obviouse they wouldn't get passed the guards unnoticed, so they needed to be taken out. Blackwing loosened two throwing knives from his belt, and stepped around Holly and the corner and threw both in one graceful swig of his arm. Both men dropped to the ground, a knife sticking out of the temple of one, and out of the rib cage of the other...

PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 11:14 am 
Elf
Elf

Holly stood there, her mouth hanging open. "That was fast. Mr. Wolfe, where are we going after we get out of here?" She quickly ran ahead, a grin spreading across her face, excited at the prospect of finally getting out of this place. Holly thought she could see light ahead, just beyond the corner. And then a figure stepped out from the shadows, blocking her view. Holly took a step back as the man leered at her, an evil grin on his face. He held two short daggers, one in each gloved hand. He wore a blood-red tunic emblazoned with strange symbols. This was the Master.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 2:05 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Wolfe was about to answer her question when she ran ahead of him. He sprinted and caught up, but kept a bit behind her. If there were guards in hiding, they'd come out and try to grab the girl, unaware that Wolfe was there, making it easier for the assassin to take them out. It put the girl at risk, yes, but Wolfe was confident enough in his skills that he was positive that he would be able to stop any guards before harm came to her. He had promised her he wouldn't hurt her, even though he hadn't promised that he would keep her from getting hurt by others. But he would at least try to keep her safe the best he could.

Then a red garbed man came out from around a corner, daggers flashing. Wolfe wipped out his wrist knives and quickly came to stand between the man and Holly...

PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 12:24 am 
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ
Elven Shieldmaiden for Christ

((I'm so sorry guys; real life is such a pain, sometimes! And thanks for helping get my characters involved, sorry that I misunderstood and thought everyone was in the tavern still!))

As Olivia lead Aiden out of the tavern, they caught the eyes of the group that they had been eye-ing earlier. She smirked slightly, and glanced over to her brother. "Seems as if they have taken a fancy to your tongue, brother; now they won't quit staring!" She chided softly.

"I'd wager that it is moreso the hue of that cloak that you are wearing; it screams look-over-in-my-general-direction-and-stare-intensely, it is so bold!" Aiden returned hastily.

"Now, do not go bashing my cloak, Aiden Thorne! Earlier you said it was quite neutral, therefore you may either be deemed a liar or completely brash, with your current comment. I will let you choose which will help strengthen your pathetic reputation-as-a-person as we head over to those whom watched us, and whom we've gazed upon in return." Aiden began to protest, for he was rather unfond of meeting anything that could talk, but Olivia cut him off quickly. "Now, Aiden!"

With a sigh, Aiden picked up the pace to match his sister's until they were practically upon the group, which Olivia addressed as a whole, rather than singling out a leader instantly; she was a peace-maker like that.

"Hullo. My name is Olivia Thorne, and this thorn in my neck is Aiden, my brother," Olivia introduced with a small smile, loving the pun that she threw in. Aiden inclined his head in a greeting, yet said nothing, keeping his face expressionless. "I could not help but notice that we caught eyes earlier; can we help you lot with anything?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next