Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 4:49 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I agree. Maise Williams is amazing but I think Jack Gleeson definitely needs his props. That moment where he orders the execution you can see the wheels turning in his head in that brief second where he thinks about it. That was truly amazing. And terrifying.

Oh god...I love Bronn and his crazy faces. He and Viseryns should have a crazy face contest.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 5:07 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

All the child actors in GoT are brilliant. I mean, pretty much everyone loves Arya, thinks Sansa is a spoiled brat and downright loathes Joffrey, which is just a testimony to how well they play their characters.
Overall I think, even though people have been saying that this series is something like a dumping ground for British actors out of work, that the entire cast is really great. They're believable, and one doesn't think about them acting, they are their characters. I think one of the only times I personally have been bothered, or disturbed (for lack of a better word, also not in a "ew gross" way but in a "you're disturbing me" way), by the acting, was Khal Drogo's "death speech". I was very conscious of the fact that he was an actor playing a scene, and that bothered me.

EDIT: I just wanted to show you this one thing I ended up posting on tumblr, because people are being so *beep* about Sansa's actions in the last few episodes :annoyed2:

Quote:
Okay, usually I wouldn't post this, but GoT fans are getting on my nerves.

Seriously. I don’t like Sansa any more than the next person, but hating on her after 1x09 is just stupid. She did what she thought was right, she did what she could to protect her family, and if we’re being honest here, she did the ONLY thing that was ever likely to keep her and Ned safe. So her plan didn’t exactly work out, but that’s not her fault!

So while she’s still a spoiled, narrow-minded brat, I think it’s time you guys cut the poor girl some slack.

EDIT2: I'm on a roll tonight :teehee:
Some of you may have seen this already. But if you haven't, it's super funny. If you haven't watched episode 9 yet; SPOILERS AHOY

Someone on tumblr suggested making a t-shirt with that quote on. I would totally buy it :D

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 18th, 2011, 6:17 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"They killed my brother (obviously not it but I don't belong in that particular subculture) Ned!"

Oh boy....

Btw this kinda bothers me but Kit Harington reminds me so much of Orlando Bloom. And not in a perfectly good way. Is it really just me or does Jon Snow have a rather frozen face? He doesn't seem to react to anything that's going on around him with the exception of a little snarl and upturned lip every once in a while. He's not a bad actor but when you're surrounded by people who have been doing this a little longer than you and a little better than you, especially if they're children, you kinda stand out. Plus he and Orlando Bloom rather sound alike.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 11:33 am 
Balrog
Balrog

^I don't think he's that frozen. He wears the same expression a lot, but it's because he's wary of whatever anyone says, I think. He expects everyone to say something insulting. You can see he changes when he talks to someone he's comfortable around, like Arya or Samwell.

Just a little reminder as people watch tonight's episode and start posting: DON'T FORGET SPOILER WARNINGS! I won't get to see it until tomorrow afternoon, and I'd rather like not knowing what happens this time around ;)

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 19th, 2011, 1:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Good reminder, Ana :) I'm really excited for this next episode...curious to see how they'll handle The Aftermath. But if anything crazy happens, I'll put a nice big spoiler tag to contain my OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE ----------- shrieking.

It's Sunday, Sunday, Game of Thrones on Sunday....

(couldn't resist :teehee: )

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 1:27 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Oh my god, I knew they wouldn't kill Ned Stark. Just like Jesus. He rose in three days, took Ice, and gave that little Joffrey kid what he deserves!

Just kidding. SPOILERS!

I just loved the Starks' reaction to Ned's death. It was so visceral and heart-breaking, especially Robb beating the tree with his sword. And Catelyn confronting Jaime. Okay yeah, I'll admit. He acted quite the jackass in that scene.
Robb's scene as they called him the King of the North was chilling.
Awww poor Sansa. And poor Arya. Although I thought it was awesome seeing Gendry sticking up for Arya or 'Arry'. I thought the moment with the Hound looking out for Sansa was touching.
Dany's final scene was just awesome with the dragons being hatched. I love how the last scene you hear is the dragons hissing. Amazing.

One thing I didn't quite get was Pycelle's scene with that redhead prostitute. What was up with that? Littlefinger's and Varys' last scene was equally confusing I thought. But whatever.

Oh and I found this. This is just hilarious!!
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... ering.html

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 20th, 2011, 4:19 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

SPOILERS AHOY

I LOVED THIS EPISODE. It was perfect.
About Pycelle's scene: I'm not sure what the deal was when he was talking to Ros, but he obviously has everyone fooled about how he's a slow and confused old man.
As for Littlefinger and the Spider, my first thought was that they'll be conspiring together against Joffrey and the Lannisters.
Both of those scenes were good cliffhangers for next season though.
I *loved* Sansa in this episode. Everyone who's been hating on her got served. It would seem she's got some wits after all.
And when all the Northerners went from thinking Robb was incompetent to pledging their allegiance to him as King of the North. *chills* Ahh, beautiful :)
Catelyn and Jaime's scene just goes to show that my opinion's been right all along - Jaime's a mean *beep* (I don't think he's very good-looking either, but that's a completely different discussion).
Arya was badass though. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does on the road to the Wall.

OH WHY MUST NEXT SEASON BE A YEAR AWAY :'-(

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2011, 12:16 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anameleth wrote:
OH WHY MUST NEXT SEASON BE A YEAR AWAY :'-(

^
Agreed. :)

Honestly though, If i don't start reading the books, I don't think I'll care anymore by next year. :P

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 9:47 am 
Elf
Elf

*Flail* Am sooooo behind on the TV series, due to vacation and Florida lacking HBO D:D:

Buuuut am ludicrously far into book 3.5, and am eating/sleeping/breathing GoT I can't get enough!!!!

In regards to Kit Harington, I'd say he's probably who I'd consider as the 'prettiest'.... which makes lots of sense with the OB connection :D. I do like him as Jon though and think he's doing quite a good job, Jon's story line isn't as exciting as the other characters, nor is he venomous or conspiring like the rest, which might make him seem a bit flat.

And I totally love Sansa... I may have to leave it there though so not to spoil!

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 11:28 am 
Istari
Istari

I still am not able to watch it since its on so horrible hour that I prefer to go to sleep than watching it at night :disgust: In Poland we are strict with violence and sex and they give such movies (and HOB releases) at night.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:21 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I get GOT at night as well....and that doesn't stop me! :D
But everyone is different. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 1:46 am 
Istari
Istari

Haha, thats true! But I hate staying up late night. I must sleeeeep...

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 1:59 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Can't you download it or something? That's what I do....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 2:56 am 
Istari
Istari

I could download it in English but I fail at watching movies in this language. Still nothing to download in Polish...

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2011, 11:50 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm horribly late to the party, but an e-mail alert sent me over here, so here I am :hiya: 8).
Now then. I'm not sure it's necessary anymore, but-
***SPOILERS FOR SEASON FINALE***
What a great way to end the season =)! Like Caunion cyn Brittania, I loved the fact that the last thing we saw was Daenerys walking back to her horse with the baby dragons entwined around her, and the last sound we heard was their hissing. That gave me the chills and made me think, "Alright, you go, girl :-D!" at the same time. Once those dragons grow up, the Lannisters will have to deal with quite a powerful foe B)! But hopefully, Daenerys' (and her dragons') wrath will be limited to them :confused2:. If she goes after the Starks, as well, I'll be hard pressed to choose a side, because I like both families (what's left of them, anyway) equally :[. Come season two, her story will be one of the ones I'm most interested in. I mean, now that both her husband and child are dead (though the baby dragons could conceivably be seen as children of a sort), is she going to press on with what was originally her brother's quest to reclaim the Iron Throne for the Targaryens, or is she going to do something else?

I'll have to agree with you guys who've said Sansa deserves perks for her behavior in the ep. I thought, "Ooh, good girl, Sansa B)!" when her response to Joffrey saying he'd add her brother's head to the ones mounted on pikes was, "Or perhaps he'll bring me yours." I thought that again later when she walked toward him with, I'm guessing, the intention to shove him off the parapet (it would have been quite appropriate, too, considering the fact that his father/uncle did pretty much the same thing to Bran). There may be some hope for her after all :yes:.
As always, it was great to see Arya, I'm sorry, Arry, be her gutsy self 8). I'm interested to see how she handles herself on the journey to the Wall, as well. I'm curious where the relationship that was set up between her and Robert's blacksmith apprentice son (who, I believe, Jon paid to make her sword, actually =)! Interesting, that, if my memory is correct :-D ) is going to go, too. My guess is it's going to end up as either a romance (HIGHLY unlikely), or was simply showing a potential "future king of the Seven Kingdoms and his Hand" relationship (as does the one between Daenerys and Jorah, actually, unless that is going to be morphed into something romantic at a future point).
I loved, LOVED hearing Robb's men and their commanders call him "King of the North" :-D. He's obviously earned their respect, so that new loyalty should strengthen the power of his forces, which will be a huge help :].

Anameleth-
Quote:
As for Littlefinger and the Spider, my first thought was that they'll be conspiring together against Joffrey and the Lannisters.
That thought crossed my mind, too. Both of them very subtly expressed their dislike of how Joffrey is running things. The thought didn't stick, at least not for me, but that theory has a lot of potential :yes:. We'll see what happens 8). One thing that's sort of connected to this is what Tyrion is going to do with his new (temporary) position as Hand. Will he remain loyal to his family and do everything that duty requires, or will his intense dislike of Joffrey and affection for Jon & Bran overpower that, and he'll begin forming his own plan to unseat Joffrey as king? It'll be interesting to watch him deal with that conflict :yes:.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 1:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Did anyone else hear about Natalie Dormer joining GoT for s2? Still not having read the books (...I should get on that :-P), I don't know a thing about her character, Margaery Tyrell, but she's an incredibly talented actress and I loved her as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors. I have total faith she'll be a great asset to the show, even if she can't replace Sean Bean :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next