Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Underland's Champion
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 7:06 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alyssa smiled as she closed her book. It was enough reading for the time. Getting up she streched before she noticed movement from the corner of her eye. Frowning in confusion, she looked around, wondering what had it been she had seen.

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 10:27 pm 
Maia
Maia

The White Queen heard what the Mad Hatter said to her and smiled kindly to him. "I appreciate your words, Hatter..." She said softly and then curtsied to the both of them. "If you two don't mind, I need to do some thinking..." She said softly and then slowly walked off of the balcony, gracefully. She stared ahead, feeling a huge wave of nervousness rush over her. But, she trusted the White Rabbit. She knew he would choose wisely.

Siggy set made by the amazing Lembas!

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 12:21 am 
Maia
Maia

There it was again. Alyssa frowned once more and went after the movement. As she followed what ever it was a thought came to her. When she was little her grandmother told her stories. Stories about a world where amazing things happened. "Could it be?" She asked her self.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 7:55 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"Of course Your Highness" replied the Hatter. Once she was gone he turned to the Cat. "Look, you've upset her now." He said accuseingly.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 10:04 am 
Maia
Maia

The White Queen walked to her bedroom and gently close the door behind her. She took a deep breath and then leaned against the door, biting her lower lip. She closed her eyes and tried to relax a bit, so as to not freak out even more than she already was.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 1:00 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Chess remained silent as he watched the queen and the Hatter converse before the White Queen left, saying she had things to do. When she was gone, the cat rolled onto his back in the air and scratched his fat stomach with his front paws.
"I upset her? My dear friend hatter, all I did was offer my services. Why would I want to upset her? Underland is so much better with her ruling. I say what you say 'down with the bloody big head'."

With that the body disapeared, the head remaining before all disappearing and appearing on the other side of the Hatter, as if laying on his stomach and leaning his chin on a front paw.
"But I have to wonder, what will Alice be like now? She's been gone a long time. First time she came she was just a small girl, then she came back much later and was a woman. It's been a long time since then, perhaps she's grown much older. I do home not by too much," the cat purred to the Hatter.

~~~
(Well, since obviously our Underland characters can't continue without Alyssa, and Alyssa can't come without the white rabbit, and no one is taking the role of the white rabbit... I hope no one mind if I go ahead and post for him.)

The White Rabbit glanced at his watch, then up at the girl who was reading. She certaintly looked a bit like Alice. She was the same age as when he last saw Alice. Surely she was Alice, right? He had been sitting there for some time watching her read, waiting for her to finish. Again he glanced at his watch before sticking it back in the pocket of his surcoat. He twitched his nose and waited.

Finally she closed the book and got up. She moved a bit like Alice, too. It had to be her. Twitching his tail, the White Rabbit hopped through the bushes, making quite the racket on purpose, before stopping. Would she come after him? If it was Alice, she would. If not, he would have to keep searching.

But she did. He hopped again and again she came after curiously. It had to be Alice, so the White Rabbit kept on going. He had to lead her to the Rabbit Hole to Underland...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 2:01 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alyssa followed until she saw what she was indeed following. Her only thoughts were that the stories were indeed true. Why else would she be following the white rabbit. At this realization she almost felt gitty. She moved faster, following the rabbit for some time before stopping. Her grandmother, if Alyssa continued to follow the rabbit, if she were to end up in Underland, then what? Would time still pass for her, or stop/slow as it did for her grandmother. A hand went to the locket around her neck, one she kept hidden. It opened into three parts, and held pictures of her Grandmother and Grandfather when they married, and a picture of her mother as well. The last was her grandmother 5 years ago when she gave the locket to Alyssa. She thought about her grandmother as she told her the stories. The woman seemed to light up, and just the memory gave Alyssa her resolve, she would go on. So again she ran after the rabbit.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 6:05 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

The Rabbit kept going, hearing the girl behind him the whole time. He climbed up the hill to the old mangled tree and stopped for a moment. He pulled out his watch from his coat pocket and gasped.
"I'm late!" he cried, and jumped down into the rabbit hole between the roots of the great tree...

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"I wish you wouldn't do that" blustered the Hatter jumping a foot backwards as the Cat's head appeared next to him. "And i'm sure she won't be too old to help us, and thats all that matters surely." He replied, though he secretly agreed. He had always had a soft spot for Alice - though he would never have told her so - especially when she came back and was about to be married. He hadn't wanted to spoil her happiness.
But he didn't know if he'd be able to bear it now seeing her old and wrinkeled and knowing that he might never see her again.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 7:05 pm 
Maia
Maia

The White Queen knew that she had many matters to attend to, before the White Rabbit brought their Hero home. She needed a room to stay in, clothes to wear and food to it. That was just the basics too! She walked out of her bedroom gracefully, as if she had felt nothing of fear earlier. And as soon as she started to walk down the corridor, she was accompanied by her friends from the Council, who all seemed to dress like her. She smiled to them and then discussed her future plans.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2011, 7:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alyssa froze, the hole, it was still here. She looked around and back toward where her Grandmother and she lived. This was it. Alyssa nodded, she would go to Underland for sure. Biting her lip she climbed into the hole and fell. The only thing she had left behind was the book. Falling she tried to concentrate, to remember what she had been told. SHe remebered a key, a door . . . growing and shrinking . . .

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:17 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"But all we can do now is wait for that rabbit," Chess replied, laying on the railing next to the Hatter. "You know, I quite liked the new Alice then the younger one. But when others doubted, I knew she wasn't the wrong Alice."

~~~~

The rabbit had jumped down the hole and when the fall was over, went out the door and closed it behind him. If this was Alice, she would know how to get through the door on her own. In a way it was the final test...

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:29 pm 
Maia
Maia

Alyssa landed shortly after with a thump. Getting up she looked around the room. "What was it Grandmother said?" She asked her self and then smiled as she saw the key. "Thats right." She grabbed the key, and her locket, and a piece of the cake. Then with those in hand she drank fromt he bottle until she was small enough and used the key on the smallest door and went out. . . .

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:31 pm 
Maia
Maia

[I've decided that there's not much for my character to do yet, until the "Hero" comes to where she is. Haha.]

PostPosted: September 7th, 2011, 11:39 pm 
Maia
Maia

((true, but you could be random flowers or other creatures of that world who see her if you want, of course you don't have too.))

PostPosted: September 8th, 2011, 5:02 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

"True" replied the Hatter, and then he brightend "But we could have a Tea Party!" He smiled at the Cat, not somehting he was won't to do "Would you care to have tea with me Mr Cheshire?" He asked whipping a two cups, saucers and a teapot from under his hat.