Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy RPG
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 8:32 pm 
Elf
Elf

Crutchie limped after Davina, a bit excited. He wasn't going to be abandoned--not like last time. Well, hopefully. He still wasn't quite of what he had really done to make Nyfer so angry....but his big mouth had probably run ahead of his brain again. Like always, he supposed. He wasn't going to dwell on that right now, of course. He had to keep up with Davina. Crutchie stepped through the tent's flap, leaving Nyfer behind without that big of a thought (he would still see him, Crutchie supposed, it wasn't like leaving forever) and into a stalemate. Crutchie looked at the girl who had come into the tent earlier, who was glaring at another man--Rufus, right?--whom Crutchie had seen around the camp. Next to the two was another, lone figure whom everyone seemed to be against. Crutchie thought he looked nice, if a bit rugged--but who was Crutchie to judge anyways? He trusted everyone. Almost everyone, at least.

Crutchie looked at Davina, wondering what she would do.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 9:34 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Rufus was about to say something else when Gain stood up from where he was by his fire. With a surprising calm about him, he went over to the angered Annora and put a hand on her shoulder.
"It will do no good to start this in the middle of camp. It would be best to tell someone higher up. They can take care of this," Gain told her, now seeming to completely ignore Rufus. Rufus looked like he was about to kill someone, his face had turned red with anger. And in that state, he stormed off.
"Yes, someone will hear about this," he grumbled as he walked away.

"I'm sorry you got pulled into this," Gain said to Annora...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 3:26 am 
Istari
Istari

Davina shooked the hand at Crutchie to stay close and came closer to the campfire. Gain. She always knew that he is a fair man. She has an alarm in the head when something was going wrong and in his case, despite the situation, she trusted him that he wasn'ts pying for the evil minions. Well, at least she hoped that she has right; last time she trusted a man, she landed in the middle of nowhere, fighting trolls.

"What was happened just here?" she ask the woman who entered Nyfer's tent with her. She knew her very lightly, well, almost didn't but she knew her father and had respect for him. "These stupid mongrels still don't know where they place is? I thought the situation is clear." she knew that situation never will be clear, because Rebellion was tempting both good and bad men.

She looked at Crutchie. She should go soon find him a place in her tent.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 11:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"It wasn't your fault," Annora told Gain, feeling uncomfortable. His eyes were kind, but she could not meet them, so strong was the anger and humiliation burning in her veins. "I am sorry he is so keen on turning the Rebellion against you," she said quietly. "I know I shouldn't, but I fear what he is capable of. The others are so frightened and so desperate they'll believe anything anyone tells them, even Rufus' mad, jealous ramblings. I know he is unhappy with the way things are run here, and with my father so hurt I don't see any way of keeping Rufus quiet."

Annora sighed. "We need to stick together," she whispered. "I don't see why Rufus cannot understand this. You clearly do, and you've only been with us for a short while. I'm sorry, but I can't even remember your name, and yet you have a far better sense of honor than Rufus ever will." She looked away again, fearing she'd overstepped her bounds once again and forgotten her place. Wasn't Mother always chiding her not to talk to the men in such a familiar tone? "Forgive me."

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 11:50 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain gave a deep sigh at Annora's words.
"Though Rufus is the only one to voice it, I know that he is not the only one disquiet about me being here."

Gian went back over to his fire and squatted down.
"There is nothing that needs to be forgiven. I don't believe I've ever given my name. I am Gain Farstride. A hunter with no native home. A traveler. That's one of the reasons no one trusts me. I've heard the rumors. Some think I've been raised by wolves. But I don't think I've caught your name, either."

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 7:38 am 
Elf
Elf

"I'm Crutchie," he said eagerly, adjusting his crutch under his arm. "If you were raised by wolves, I'd think you'd look like one. But you don't. Not really."

He caught Davina's eye, and looked down at the ground. "Sorry," Crutchie mumbled.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 12:38 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain raised an eyebrow at Crutchie, then laughed.
"Yes, you think I would. Or at least where pelts for cloths, growl instead of talk, and have horrible manners," the hunter kept chuckling. "I once met a pack of wolves. Tried to eat me, and they didn't even bother saying hello first! I mean, isn't that rude! You should at least introduce yourself to someone before you try to eat them."

At that point, Gain was just joking with Crutchie, before he stopped.
"Though one thing I find strange... you proper folk that don't go at me like the Rufus fellow. You have a strange habit of asking for forgiveness or saying sorry when you've done nothing wrong," he observed...

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 1:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Davina laughed at Crutchie and looked at Gain with serious face.

"Maybe I also introduce myself. I am Davina, I just took care of this boy. Maybe you have seen me sometimes in the camp, I usually am here very often"

She mocked her head and started looking at man with curiousity.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 6:06 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

"The face is vaguely familiar," Gain replied to Davina. "But I am still new and only those who have spoken to me really have made an impression, you could say. But it's interesting to see a woman carrying a weapon. Honestly, I like the idea of women being able to fight. Means us men can focus more on fighting than protecting, if you know what I mean... er, I hope that didn't mean any offense. Because I meant none, truly."

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 6:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Annora looked at Gain curiously. "If only my father could be as open-minded as you," she said quietly. "He and my mother are so bent on sticking to tradition, they fail to see that I can be useful. What will we do when there are no more men left to fight, if it comes to that? What happens when there are no other choices left to us but to use everyone, in any way we can? My father has already been gravely wounded in this war. He has to know that we need more people to fight." She looked up at him. "I'm Annora, by the way."

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 6:46 pm 
Elf
Elf

"More people to fight," Crutchie said, not really caring or knowing if anyone heard him. "Yeah."

It's not like he really wanted to, of course. But sometimes he just wished he could do something useful for a change, something to actually help the Rebellion. All he was stuck with was a gimp leg and a big mouth. He tried not to mind, just to keep moving forward and not dwell on his disability. Most of the time he did just that. But some days, Crutchie couldn't help but turning his thoughts to the bad parts of life, his and other's. Crutchie shook his head to clear his mind of the unwanted thoughts, and they more or less dispersed.

"I'd think you'd be a great fighter, Annora," he said boldly. "And you too, Gain. I mean, I'm sure you already are, but. . ."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 3:30 am 
Istari
Istari

"No offense at all. I kept getting a lot of bad opinions about me. Usually they were talking I should keep my place in home and merry someone. I never wanted to, I would feel like trapped. Nice to hear someone thinks it's good to see a warrior woman."

She really thought so. Was tired of meanigfull lookings and and hidden allusions about her. Her succesfull participating in battles didn't change that.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 5:28 am 

[ Hey, I'm just jumping in here.. Let me know if that's okay. I don't know how often I can post but I still liked to post.. ;) ]

Suddenly, from the dark woods a black mare emerged and trotted into the camp, before finally coming to a halt. First it seemed that its rider was dead, but then the man stirred and almost fell from the saddle, but he regained his balance in time and managed to slide off the horse. His face was pale and smeared with blood and the clothes he wore, a grey cloak and a dark tunic underneath it, were worn and old.
As he limped to the group of people near the fire, an ugly burn on his right arm and thigh were visible.
"You must bring me to your Captain," he said out of breath, as he wavered on his feet. "I bring news from the frontier..rode for four days straight.. Our scouting party was attacked, they knew our exact position. No one else survived. Commander Sylus is dead.."

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:31 am 
Elf
Elf

(It's fine, Will! :))

Crutchie's eyes widened as he saw the man limp up to them and then give his news. He looked at Davina wildly.

"We can't just leave him here!" he said, in a panic. Memories were coming back to him, memories that he had tried to keep out. "We have to help him! Bring him to--to Nyfer, or, or someone! How could have the others have known their exact position?! Would they have a spy inside the camp?! How would they do that?! We have to help him, please!"

There had been a man once, a man who had come into the orphanage seeking food and shelter. The man had looked almost exactly like this one in front of Crutchie now, with his burns and tattered clothing. The orphanage wouldn't take him in, because they said they had too many mouths to feed. But the man had stayed there, on the doorstep, day and night after that. Crutchie had sneaked out sometimes, to give the man food and water. He hadn't known how to treat the man's wounds, and he had died. Or at least, that's what Crutchie assumed. The man had disappeared the day after Crutchie had been caught giving him a bit of bread from breakfast that morning. Crutchie had been beaten up by the headmaster, and he had never seen the man again.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:44 am 
Istari
Istari

Davina nodded at Crutchie and ran to the man. She have seen the blood and the words of the stranger were terrible. If noone survived...

"Come with us to Nyfer's tent. He must to hear this...if you can walk, of course. We can bring you water to clean your wounds and of course send for the medic..."

She was worried but also a little excited. Maybe the battle was near and she had always hot blood.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 3:08 pm 

“I can walk.. I’m fine,” he muttered, yet by the looks of him he was far from fine. Curiosity shimmered in his dark eyes as Crutchie spoke and despite everything his lips curled up in a slight smile, while studying the boy.
His gaze then shifted to Davina and he nodded, while lowering the hood of his cloak, revealing a mane of shaggy, long hair. “Bring me to him, please.”

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next