Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Victorian London RPG
PostPosted: February 24th, 2012, 5:48 pm 
Elf
Elf

Crutchie shook his head. "Don't have parents, miss. I've just been living on my own since the last riot, where all my friends disappeared. Sorry, though, you're right. I should be getting on my way."

He avoided meeting any of their eyes, adjusting his crutch once more and walking out of the alley. He dared a look back at the duo, silently hoping that they would find whoever they were looking for. Crutchie sighed, turning back towards the street and continuing to walk down it, aimlessly. He didn't know what to do now. Should he go back to the warehouse? It might take him a long time, and he was very tired. He began looking to the houses, trying to find a doorstep that was reasonably clean. At last he found a door painted a soft, pine-needle green, and a not too slushy stoop. Crutchie leaned up against the wall, propping his new crutch up against the solid stone wall. He sat down in the corner as close to the door as possible, rubbing his hands together. He looked up, thankfully seeing no drips plopping down onto the road, or where he was sitting. Crutchie took his cap off and shook off the snow, shaking his blond hair clean too. He leaned his head back against the wall, trying to find a comfortable position, though there really was none to be found. Oh well. He would sleep the night, and hopefully tomorrow would turn out to be a better day than this one had been.

As he was closing his eyes, Crutchie thought he saw Alice (you really should call her Lady Alice, you know), Sarah (was that her name?), the other girl that had been with them and a man hurry past his doorstep. They didn't stop, probably not noticing him at all.

That's what you get for running into noble folk, Crutchie, a voice that sounded suspiciously like his friend James whispered in his ear. They never care about you afterwards. Think what happened to me.

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 25th, 2012, 12:49 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"I never even found out his name," Alice said to herself, watching the boy limp off on the stolen walking stick. She watched him go for a moment, then shook her head, frustrated with herself. What did she care about some silly street urchin? Her sister was far more important. Hazel was lost somewhere in the labyrinth of London, alone and probably frightened.

And that was if she was even alive.

"Come on," she said to Sarah, going off in the opposite direction from the boy, making her way through the ruined streets of London.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 4:33 pm 

[ *nudges Skitty* Psssst! It's your turn to post! ;) ]

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 12:22 pm 

((I'm so sorry guys, I have the worst writer's block right now and life is starting to get busy again. Carry on without me for now, I'll jump back in when I can. Sorry!!! :confused: ))

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 5:20 am 

[ I'm sorry to hear that Shadow.. :( Take your time and I hope you jump back in soon! :)

Ara & Harthad: perhaps we can do some fast-forwarding to get this moving again? :) ]

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 6:28 am 
Elf
Elf

(Okay, Will! How far do you want to skip? Maybe next morning, perhaps? And it's fine Shadowcat, but we will miss you!)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 1:13 pm 

[ Yes or maybe just a few hours until they get home.. What do you think? :) ]

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 1:44 pm 
Elf
Elf

(I think we should wait for Arabella's say, she can be the tie-breaker. :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 1:23 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

(Sounds fine to me!)

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 2:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

(Alright, we'll skip to when Alice and everyone else are back at home. :))

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 2:09 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alice's heart was still pounding wildly in her chest by the time they reached the front steps of their large, ornate house. She stopped, trying to catch her breath before pounding on the door desperately, begging to be let inside. "Hello?" she called, knocking again, expecting the butler to open the door as he always did. "Hello?!"

Gingerly, she put a hand on the doorknob. It was unlocked. She gave Sarah a fearful look and opened the door, slowly watching it swing open.

They were met with a disaster. Tables were overturned and papers were strewn all about the floor, which was littered with broken glass. The family portrait in the foyer had been destroyed, thick slashes cutting through the painting as if someone had come at it with a knife. "Mother?" Alice called frantically, hoping against hope for an answer. "Mother? Father?!"

The house was deserted.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 5:39 pm 

Sarah had somewhat calmed down ever since they left the busy city centre. Alice had seemingly reluctantly agreed to her proposal to return home and sent out a search party for Hazel, as she had made her way home quietly after a fruitless search for her sister. Yet on her way home, Sarah grew more and more tensed, fearing the response of Lord and Lady Pennyworth after hearing that she had lost their youngest daughter in a street raid.

With leaden feet Sarah followed Alice to the front door of the large mansion. She shivered slightly, while Alice knocked on the door, hoping that she could change first, before helping Alice bathe and change. After they had informed Lord Pennyworth of the situation of course. She frowned when the door wasn't opened by James, the butler, wondering where on earth he could have went. He was expected to open the door at all times.

She exchanged an uncertain glance with Alice as she opened the unlocked door. As soon as they entered the hall and looked into the grand living room, it was obvious something was very wrong. With her hands covering her mouth, Sarah looked around the once beautiful parlour, which was now destroyed. It was not clear if there had been any struggle, but the room seemed abandoned now.

Sarah almost gave a squeak, when Alice suddenly called out for her parents. She rushed over to the girl and grabbed her wrists, ready to pull her out of the living room. "Lady Alice" she whispered, panic and fear audible in her trembling voice. "Someone has been here..or is still here. It's not safe! Your parents.. I do not think they are here.."
Her voice broke and she remained silent for a moment. Who had been here, tearing down the house? Where were Lord and Lady Pennyworth? And where had the rest of the staff gone?

"Please!" Sarah pleaded, looking at Alice in panic. "You're not safe here..We are not safe."

PostPosted: March 26th, 2012, 10:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

Crutchie awoke with a start as he was chased out from his warm, clean (and safe, too!) doorstep by a broom. He barely had enough time to grab his hat and crutch and limp out of the way before being yelled at by a stern, frowning woman who closed the evergreen door behind him with a resounding clang. He stood on the edge of the street, staring at the doorstep listlessly. Crutchie shook his head absentmindedly and turned down the street, walking into the small, early hours of the day that lit the sky with a pale pink. He might be bale to grab a piece of bread before the shopkeepers started opening up, one never knew. Crutchie crossed over to a sidewalk, surreptitiously stealing a loaf of bread before he continued down his way. By this time, people were starting to come out, and the streets of London were more busy than before. Most of the events of yesterday's riot had been forgotten, but certain people had also improved upon their far-fetched tales, gossiping to anyone who would listen.

The boy soon spotted a large mansion at the outskirts of town, its towers rising above everything else. However, to Crutchie's eyes, it looked empty and forlorn the closer he got. He stopped at the gates, thinking he could see the nobles he had run into the day before--Alice and Sarah? Crutchie placed a hand on one of the rungs of the gate, and called out, "Hello?"

Anything else he had intended to say was cut off by a black-gloved hand that grasped his mouth tightly. He struggled to call out something, anything, but was thrown to the ground before he could utter a word besides "Ow!". Crutchie heard his crutch clatter to the ground beside him, and then suddenly he could feel the cold, steel feeling of a blade being pressed against his neck. The hot breath of his captor was too close for comfort, and he was hauled a good few inches off the ground so that his feet dangled.

"Help!" he tried to yell, but it only came out as a slight whisper. Crutchie could only hope that the two women could see him. Though--he realized with a chill--maybe that was what this mysterious person wanted.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 5:22 pm 

Sarah froze as she glanced through one of the large windows of the parlour. Her grip on Alice's hand tightened and she almost felt like fainting. "Oh, dear Lord.." she breathed, but her voice seemed to come from far. A man, clad in black.. the boy from that afternoon.. he was there at the gate.
Sarah tucked at the sleeve of Alice's coat to draw her attention to what was happening outside. "We must do something.." she said in a panicking voice. "Look at him.. we must help him!"

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 5:53 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Alice was still tearing through the house, screaming for her parents and hoping against hope that they would be around the next corner, waiting for her with her mother there to scold her for tearing her dress and her father shaking his head over Alice's ability to get herself into trouble. She was even praying that Hazel would somehow be there, too, safe and sound once again.

But the house was deserted, ransacked as if a bomb had gone off. Alice's eyes were dejected and downcast as she rejoined Sarah at the window. She followed the maid's gaze, recognizing that little boy from before. How had they all gotten swept up into all this? And why was he here now? Alice was suddenly suspicious, certain the child had followed them home. But there would be time to question him later. Right now, she was frightened for her family and confused and angry. Right now, she had to get that man away from the boy with the crutch.

"Stay here," she whispered to Sarah before turning and darting up the stairs.

The second floor of the house was in the same state as the first. Everything was destroyed, tossed around like it was no more than rubbish. Alice was once again struck by the thought that it almost seemed as if whoever had ransacked her home had been looking for something.

She made her way to her parent's bedroom, stepping over the remnants of broken chairs and curtains that had been ripped from the windows. The table by the bed lay in ruins, but as Alice knelt beside it and searched among the wreckage, she found what she was looking for.

She tiptoed back down the stairs, concealing her find within the skirts of her dress. "Stay here," she said again. "Don't follow me until he's gone. It'll be all right. Just stay out of sight and keep quiet, Sarah." With that, she went out the door.

"Release him," she commanded with as much strength as she could muster, pointing her father's small black pistol at the man in black. "Let him go. Now."

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 6:49 pm 

Sarah looked wide-eyed at Alice as the girl headed for the door alone, ordering to her to hide inside and leaving Sarah no time to object. For a moment the maid was at a loss of what to do but within seconds she had made her choice: for many years she had worked in the Pennyworth house and its inhabitant had become her second family. She had seen the girls grow up and become young women. Never would she allow any harm to be done to them, especially now their parents seemed to have disappeared.

She heard Alice's voice outside, demanding that the man would release the boy, and all she knew was that she couldn't leave her alone, facing this unknown threat. Realising that she might need something to defend herself with, she crossed the room with trembling knees towards the large fire place. Quickly she grabbed the poker from its holder, with which she usually managed the fire in the mornings. Wild thoughts ran through her mind about all that had happened: the riot, Hazel's disappearance, the break-in. They seemed to be in a lot of trouble and all Sarah wanted was to get her, Lady Alice and the boy out of it safely.

With a pounding heart she went outside, lifting the poker up, ready to strike anyone who would lay a hand on Alice. "You heard the Lady.." she said, not able to keep her voice from trembling. "Let him go."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next