Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy RPG
PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 3:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

Davina, still unsure, if she should help him a little or not - men always were saying they don't need help, especially from women and bringing it to them would cause possible harm on the self pride - led him to Nyfer's tent.

"Crutchie, I wanted to show you everything sooner but you will better come with us. I am almost you mother now." she smiled even if dramatic situation was making this little joke a bit not in place. She got to like the boy, she had to confess.

Davina looked at Annora and Gain, if they are too interested in event.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 4:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

"Bring him to Nyfer," Annora instructed. "I shall get my father." She looked briefly at Gain, as if inviting him to follow her. Annora's father had hardly left their tent since he had been so terribly injured, but this was an emergency. Her mother would understand the urgency.

So she hoped.

Gathering up her skirts in her hands, Annora ran across the camp and disappeared into her family's tent. She explained the situation to her parents, avoiding her mother's disapproving eyes. "Father, I'm sure Nyfer would appreciate your guidance in this matter," she said softly. "Please, father, it's important."

"If it is so important, then bring them in here," Annora's mother, Astrid, insisted. "You know that your father's condition is grave."

"Mother, the man can hardly walk. Father can at least do that. Nyfer's tent was closer. Please!"

"You insolent--" Astrid began, but stopped when her husband shook his head. "Our daughter is right. I can make it to Nyfer's tent. Annora, help me."

Together with her mother, Annora was able to bring her father to his feet and out of the tent. Kodran held his head high, ignoring the chorus of gasps and whispers that followed him as they made their way to Nyfer's camp. The people of the Rebellion hadn't seen much of him since the attack. His face was no more scarred than usual, but one arm hung limp, useless from the attack of the dragon. Annora had known from the moment that she had seen it that her father would never see battle again.

It was slow going, limping to Nyfer's tent, but finally they managed to bring him inside. Astrid glared at Annora before retreating back to their own tent, and Annora sighed. She would hear about this later, she knew.

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 5:41 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain chuckled at the boy's words about being a great fighter.
"Being a fighter isn't the only thing that should be considered useful in a rebellion. Stealth, tracking, knowledge of herbs and plants. These are useful as well when it comes to things such as this. Gathering information is also just as important as fighting," he said, and would have said more when a great black stallion rode into the camp and a man who looked greatly wounded dismounted.

Gain watched as the two women went to action, telling the man who was in charge. Being new to the cause, he did not feel inclined to have a say. The hunter caught Annora's eyes as she seemed to be asking him to go with her.
"I will accompany you, Annora," he said, and followed her to her father's tent where he waited outside. When her mother went back inside, Gain went to the side of Annora and her father. "Here, let me aid you."

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 8th, 2012, 7:30 pm 
Elf
Elf

Crutchie followed Davina at her bidding, though he was too worried to acknowledge her comment about being his mum now. This man. . .it couldn't be him, could it? The same person he had tried to take care of those years ago? What if it was? What would he do then? Nothing, maybe. But he couldn't just ignore him! Crutchie had never even found out his name.

They reached Nyfer's tent, and burst inside. Nyfer looked up, assessing the situation.

"Who are you?" Nyfer directed at the man at the same time Crutchie blurted out, "I think I know you!"

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 1:08 pm 

The man followed Davina to Nyfer’s tent. The presence of so many women and even a young boy in the rebel encampment took him by surprise. At times he would only glance wonderingly at the boy that hobbled along with them, but his mind was distracted. The passed days, he had thought of nothing else but to reach the camp as soon as possible and now he had achieved that, all that had happened finally started to weigh him down: the attack.. the deaths of those he had trusted and fought with.. the last words of Sylus.

He entered the tent after Davina, blinking as his eyes had to adjust to the bright light of the candles inside. There was only one man present inside, whom he assumed to be Nyfer. At the exact moment that the Captain barked his question, the boy next to him blurted out: I think I know you!
He slowly turned to the boy next to him; there was a frown on his weathered face. “You know me?” he asked hesitantly, yet disbelief was audible in his voice. But when Annora entered with an elderly, injured man, who supposedly was her father, he was suddenly reminded of the situation and the presence of Nyfer and Davina. He quickly turned to Nyfer. “My name is Micah, sir. I was member of a scouting party near the north eastern border under the authority of Commander Sylus. In the past months we also infiltrated the Northern territory, usually moving from place to place quickly, to find more information about their location, number and whereabouts..”

He paused for a moment, glancing at all those who were present. He didn’t know any of them, but then, he had never been in the camp before. “Only a few days ago, our position was compromised. In the dark of the night, when we were on the move, we were ambushed.. All were killed, even Sylus.. No one knew of our position, nor the place where we were heading except the eight of us. But they also knew the size of our group; they counted the bodies and noted that someone was missing.. Someone must have told them, yet whether he spilled only the details of our mission or also other information I cannot say.. ”
Micah’s voice trailed off as he unsheathed a beautiful looking sword. “I could only take his sword, but let it be the proof of the truth of my words.”

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2012, 1:34 pm 
Istari
Istari

Davina didn't want to interrupt but growled a little. So many deaths...And she remembered that she wanted go with this group...She could be now in place of Micah...or dead.

She loked at Nyfer with tension, curious what he will say.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 7:16 pm 
Elf
Elf

Nyfer gave a sharp look to Crutchie, and he quieted down to listen to the man's--Micah's--tale.

A shadow passed across Nyfer's weathered, tactical face when he saw the sword, a look of maybe shock and betrayal. It had a single gem set in the brown-leathered hilt, a dark watery blue emerald. The hilt was further written on with a spidery hand, spelling out ancient words that Nyfer did not want to dwell on just yet.

"I know whom this belonged to," the commander murmured, running his hands over the cross-guard. He drew his hand away just before touching the gem, as if afraid. Nyfer looked up at Micah, and Kodran as well, passing a silent look to Annora's father.

"This sword," Nyfer forced the words out, not wanting to say the grim truth, "belonged to Griffith Sharpeye."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 11:42 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(Erm... can't post till Arabella does...)

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 6:45 pm 

Micah looked from Nyfer to the old man, confused. "What do you mean?" he asked Nyfer sharply. "I took this sword off the dead body of Sylus. It belonged to him, also in life."
Although his voice was calm when he spoke, there was an undertone of anger. He wavered on his feet, numbed with exhaustion. Feeling half-dead, his temper was even quicker triggered than usual. Nyfer knew something, it was obvious.. After all his effort to warn the camp, to bring the news, he wanted, no he demanded, to hear what was going on. Anything that could explain how their patrol could have been ambushed, why his companions were slaughtered, who the hell was responsible for this..

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 6:39 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[Can I join? I think it's wonderful rpg.]

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 9:20 am 
Elf
Elf

(Yes! Sure you can, Rumpelstiltskin. :))

"Yes, Nyfer said, a bit distracted. "This sword did belong to Sylus when he lived, but not always. It was once in the possession of Sharpeye, but I am not implying that Sylus stole this from him."

He drew in a breath, suddenly very wearied. "I must not talk about this any longer. It is of too long a tale, and not for some of us present here. Davina, Annora, Gain, you may go. Take the boy with you. Kodran, if I would see you later tonight that would be better. Micah, I daresay you should get cleaned up and attention from a healer. Davina may show you where the mess hall is. All of you may go."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 24th, 2012, 10:15 am 
Istari
Istari

Davina nodded in acceptance, and gazed at Micah.

"You want me to show you the way?" she asked. She truly didn't know what to think about all that happened and what she got to know. She wanted as well to know better this soldier, who survived massacre. She, as the warrior, always had a lot of respect for a good fighters and planners. "I guess you also need water or wine, whatever you want to drunk yourself or clean from the difficulties of battle."

She laughed a little which was rather strange in this situation.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2012, 1:18 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Annora hung back, looking at her father expectantly. He simply waved a hand at her as if shooing away a fly. "You may go, daughter," he said, his tone sharp. "I will send for you when I need you." She gave a quick nod before stalking out of the tent, running her hands through the strands of hair that had escaped her braid and fallen into her face.

"I hate this," she muttered to no one in particular.

PostPosted: March 26th, 2012, 6:06 pm 

Micah frowned as he watched how Nyfer ordered almost all of them to leave. None of them questioned his order, nor did any of them seem to recognise the name Sharpeye.
He looked at Davina as she offered to lead the way, but he couldn't manage a smile. "That's very kind of you, but I don't need medical attention now."
He turned to Nyfer and grimaced. "What I need is to know if there's anything that is related to this attack. I need to know how it could have happened that five of my comrades, my friends are dead. So if there's something you know, then I'm not going to leave until I know all of it...sir."

PostPosted: March 26th, 2012, 9:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

Nyfer sighed, closing his eyes. "Very well," he said at last, sitting down. "You may stay. Though, I am warning you that you may not get much sleep tonight."

Crutchie limped out through the tent after Davina, Annora and Gain. He caught part of Annora's mutterings, and fell into step alongside her.

"I wish I could help too, sometimes. But it's easier for you, don't you know. I just get teased half the time, for my leg. And you belong to an important family. Me? I'm nobody."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 28th, 2012, 12:46 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Annora sighed, looking down at the boy sadly. In a way, she supposed he was right, but at the same time he truly had no idea how she felt. Her being from a good family meant nothing, except that she would be married off at the first opportunity...if any of the men even survived this awful war against the dragons.

"I would give all of it up--my noble birth, my importance--if I could just hear them tell me they're proud of me, just once."

She glanced at the boy again, ashamed for speaking such a thing out loud. "Oh, don't pay any attention to me. I believe everyone is important in the Rebellion, even you and me. I'm sure you're just as brave as any of the warriors here. And if anyone bothers you about that leg, you bring them to me and I'll sort them out. No one mocks my father for his injuries, do they?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next