Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fantasy RPG
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 1:34 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Yes - Garreth smiled - Sefera wants to see you today, as always. She says her herbs witll make you stronger. But from what I heard, she has unusual guest from land far away. Maybe you would like to meet him. Take the boy. Or not. Do what pleases you, I think after last battle you got wounded you deserve at least one day of break."

Set by Nurr. Thank you!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2012, 1:48 pm 
Istari
Istari

Davina laughed. She turned to Nyfer's tent.

"Crutchie, do you want to stay with Annora or do you want to go with me to the camp witch?" she asked, almost sure that he will say he wants to stay with other woman. He looked so confused; surely the things that he heard in the tent were much for him and he needed time.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 1:39 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain built his fire back up as it had died while helping Annora bring her father to Nyfer's tent. Once that was done, Gain looked up once again. It seemed they were no longer inquiring as to where he had gone but instead they were...

Gain frowned. He didn't know much about the morals and habits of people that lived in a group say a city or town, and to Gain this was just a town made out of tents. But Gain's morals told him that eavesdropping was wrong, and yet while Annora and Crutchie were eavesdropping, Davina, and another man that showed up seemed like it was perfectly normal and okay. But Gain was certain that Nyfer had requested everyone out, which in turn would mean that they should NOT be overhearing what was going on inside that tent.

Someone had to put a stop to them. Gain left his fire and went over to them, ignoring the fact that Davina was asking Crutchie a lesson, and going up to the two eavesdroppers. He put a hand on Annora's shoulder, and his other hand on Crutchie's shoulder. The feeling would have been sudden enough to startle them.

"You know, where I come from, eavesdropping is a punishable crime, especially eavesdropping on group leaders that specifically asked for privacy," he said this in a tone that was quiet enough to be seen as casual talking, but loud enough that Nyfer, Micah, and Kodran heard what he was saying to the two.

(Sorry if I interrupted some important story planning. But I found it interesting how Davina and Garreth both can see that Crutchie and Annora are eavesdropping and are more worried about what in the world they might be hearing than worried about the fact that they are eavesdropping, lol.)

~~~~~~

(And I think it's high time I brought in my second character.)

Xavier cursed himself yet again. He hadn't felt the presence of a dragon for some time. Nearly a whole day by his reckoning, which made him sour. It forced him to stumble along the path, tapping infront of him with his staff to make sure there was nothing there that would trip him up. Of course, after all these years he could walk rather quickly in this manner without getting tripped up.

The robed man stopped when her heard rustling and footsteps on the earth, then the touch of a blade on the back of his neck.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here," a rough voice hissed.

"My name is Xavier, I am a blind man, trying to find my way to Argonost. If I am nowhere near that city, I must be lost, in which case would you please point me in the proper direction?" Xavier said, keeping his voice rather calm. Though in his mind he was trying to figure out what this man wanted. A bandit that wanted his money perhaps? Or something different.

"You're a long way from Argonost, blind man. You're a long way from anywhere. But I'm afraid I can't point you anywhere aside from that you must come with me," the man said. There was almost a nervousness in his voice, Xavier noticed.

"Fine with me. Just know I can't simply follow you. I am a blind man after all," came Xavier's reply...

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm 
Istari
Istari

{OOC: Haha, Eru, the worse is how Davina knows what Crutchie is hearing. Nyfer must be very loud and reckless leader. Why they are eavesdropping if everybody hear what he speaks? :-D I was assuming Davina was also eavesdropping for a while but now it looks amazingly...wrong ^^}

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 4:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

(OOC: Yeah, the whole Davina/Garreth knowing that they were eavesdropping got me confused. And no, you aren't interrupting any important story planning, lol. So Davina knows the whole ordeal with Griffith, Cara? :confused2: )

Click here to visit my site!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2012, 4:57 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(I didn't think she knew, I just thought that she figured it was something important from the boy's expressions.)

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 1:13 am 
Istari
Istari

{OOC: Let's say Davina doesn't know anything but suspects what is going on, because Crutchie is acting like he heard something important.}

PostPosted: April 4th, 2012, 1:18 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(We could go with that, but either way it's Arabella, Will, or Cruthie's post, I think.)

PostPosted: April 5th, 2012, 9:55 pm 
Elf
Elf

The flap of Nyfer's tent burst open, and out strode a very fearsome-looking and angry Nyfer, without bothering to wait for Micah or Kodran to join him. He looked from left to right, and spotted Gain with Annora and Crutchie. For a moment, the commander almost looked worried, frightened even, but that was blown away as a harsh look settled itself on his face. He glared out from underneath his eyebrows, his eyes seeming to bore into the two culprits.

Nyfer turned his attention on Annora first. "Young lady, I highly doubt your father would let you fight or even train after this. Eavesdropping, on your elders? You of all should know better than that."

Without waiting for an answer, he looked to Crutchie, who had unconsciously shrank back away from Nyfer's withering glance. "I will leave you to Davina. She will have to learn what to do with you."

Almost as an afterthought, Nyfer added to Crutchie, lowering his voice to a whisper, "And you must never speak of your father to anyone. I do not think you would like to be thrown out of here, left to the mercy of the wolves and the wild and the dragon."

With that, Nyfer swept back into his tent, barely acknowledging Gain for his trouble. He proceeded to have a hush conversation with Annora's father, dismissing Micah.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 5:12 am 

[ Hey guys, exams are coming up for me, so bear with me if I'm not able to post so frequently in the next two weeks.. ;) Oh and Eru, your new charrie reminds me of my very old charrie Tristan that I used in an ancient fantasy Tur and I created.. I believe your were in that as well.. ;) ]

After Nyfer's sudden outburst, Micah had left the Commander's tent, stumbling to the nearest fire. The conversation with the Rebellion's Commanders had posed more questions than answers. He was tired, but he couldn't find any rest: Nyfer's last comment repeated itself in his mind over and over again. Someone from within his group had betrayed them.. That he had said so himself, yet he had trusted all these men with his life. Then he remembered the last thing that Sylus had said to him before his death: trust no one, only yourself. Could he have been the traitor? His sword seemed to belong to Griffith Sharpeye after all.. But why had then all the men been killed? Would the traitor have been double-crossed? All had died but him.. He had seen the bodies dangling from the trees, as a warning to all who would enter their territory, not to defy the Dragons.
Micah took a flask from his belt and drank the last water he had left. He had not seen any of the other men and women, who had brought him to Nyfer's tent, probably scared away by the outburst of their Commander. He stared at the fire and wondered what on earth he was going to do now.

O children, lift up your voice, lift up your voice,
Children, rejoice, rejoice..

It doesn't matter you don't believe in God, He believes in you.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 6:34 am 
Istari
Istari

"Come on, Crutchie" said Davina and looked at Garreth, who was looking suspiciously at the boy. "Whatever you heard there, good walk will do you good. I am taking you to the witch and after that...what do you want to do? I am not familiar with your day plan, or maybe you don't have such? I always work with plan that I too always break. Whatever it is, I really hope wec ould get along, not only because Nyfer said so."

PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 12:39 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Annora's cheeks burned with shame and embarrassment, and she looked away from Gain's gaze. "I wanted to know," she whispered, feeling like a child who had been caught sneaking sweets away from the supper table. He was right, of course. She was a woman grown, and should act as such. And worse, she had set a bad example for Crutchie, who was just a boy...

But he wasn't, wasn't he? He wasn't "just" anything. And neither was she. Their eavesdropping had proven that much. Didn't any of the leaders think that they had a right to know what the prophecy said about them? Keeping it a secret would only serve to divide the camp between who knew and who didn't, who believed the ancient words and who thought they were no more than children's tales. Annora was dying to know what the prophecy said about her, specifically. Was that why her father refused to let her fight? Was he afraid of the secret concealed in those ancient legends?

"I was just tired of everyone deciding for me what I should and should not know," she said softly. "But you are right, I behaved childishly..."

Sig set and banner by the amazing Nurr!!

PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 2:04 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Gain sighed when Nyfer came out and reprimanded the two. Not because Nyfer was harsh, no, Gain figured he would be harsh. But more because of the looks of Annora and Crutchie's faces. Caught red handed.

His hands slipped from their shoulders as he took a step back as Nyfer went back into the tent. He frowned when he heard what Nyfer had said about Crutchie not saying a word about who his father was. But he could see the troubled look on the boy's face.
"I don't know what you overheard, but if it makes any difference, I believe that ones parents shouldn't define who the child is. I don't know who my real parents are," he said to try to help console the boy.

Then he turned to Annora.
"Being tired of people deciding what you should know is not an excuse for eavesdropping. There is a chain of command in a group like this, and the leaders decide what the rest are to know. If it were otherwise, there would be chaos. Everyone has someone to decide what they are to know," Gain told her. "Though Nyfer is more merciful than me. I would have given a harsher reprimand and a punishment if I were him."

With that Gain turned to walk away, back to his fire. These people seemed strange to him in how they acted. Certainly their moral values were much different than his, and their ideals. Or maybe he was the strange one in a world of normal. He was raised in the wilds by a hunter after all...

~~~~

(Now that you think about it, Will.. you're right, Xavier is a bit like Tristan(I miss that rpg with Tur), though Xavier has much more of a dark side, lol.)

The scout led Xavier towards the camp. Though Xavier was infront of him, the scout had a firm grip on the blind man's shoulder that he used to steer him as the robed man felt out his footing with his staff. Xavier stumbled a couple of times, but the scout didn't let him fall.

It wasn't long before Xavier heard the sound of a camp all around him. Fire crackling, footsteps and horses, voices, the ringing of metal being sharpened and practice swords clashing. It was a busy camp full of people that sounded ready to be up and fighting in an instant. That's when Xavier knew where he was, he had stumbled onto the rebel's camp.

And blast it, where was a dragon in mind's reach when you needed one? Xavier wasn't exactly on the same side as the dragon's, but these rebels thought they were good enough to oppose the great dragons? Xavier would like to have scoffed. Instead, he kept his face placid as he was led through the camp.

The man stopped him and called out.
"Nyfer, I found this blind man about to stumble onto our camp," the man called out. Nyfer? Where was that name familiar? Xavier couldn't place it. Surely he had heard that name before. Oh well, it didn't matter that much, did it?

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 7:01 pm 
Elf
Elf

Nyfer hit the tent flaps aside for what seemed the millionth time that day, walking out to address the scout.

"He's blind, you say?" Nyfer asked, and the man nodded. Nyfer scowled. "Just what we need, more cripples! What's his name?"

Crutchie's face reddened at Nyfer's statement, but forced his gaze up at Gain imploringly. "I think not knowing is better than if you knew your father did something--something bad."

He started up, standing a little straighter as Davina called him on. Crutchie gave a glance to Annora, wishing he could say something to her but not really knowing what, and walked away after Davina--his mother. His new mother. That's right. Silently, he promised himself not to think of his other mother--Rosaline. She could have done something, anything to stop Griffith from trying to murder the children in the camp. Couldn't she have? A little voice whispered inside of him, trying to tell him that this was unfair of him to think, that he was being ungrateful--but he pushed those thoughts away and caught up with Davina. He sighed heavily, feeling weighed down with the thoughts and knowledge he now possessed. But he shook his head, trying to get rid of it all. He would try--no, he would do what he had always done--keep moving forwards, never trying to think about the past for too long. Because thinking about the past had lead to this position, with Micah arriving, and the eavesdropping. . .oh, stop it, you're doing it again, Crutchie told himself sternly, wrenching his mind back to the present. And to concentrate on whatever Davina was saying.

"I don't really like plans," he said, trying to put a smile back on his face. "They always---what is that?!"

He stopped, staring off into the woods. "There's something in there!" he said excitedly, his troubles forgotten for the moment. "Do you think it might be more people?! Or people trying to attack the camp?! Or what about--"

Crutchie's answer was given as a dozen figures leaped into the camp, waving weapons and hollering strange battle-cries.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 8:56 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

The scout paused for a moment, and glanced at the man. He opened his mouth to tell Nyfer the answer to his question when the blind man spoke for himself.
"I am Xavier, a traveler minding his own business. I was heading towards Argonost when this scout stopped me in my tracks. If you could be so kind as to send me on my way, I would be much obliged," Xavier stated evenly. Then he grew quiet and pursed his lips. He closed his eyes so no one would see the change in them. The pupils had turned to cat-like slits. Xavier was now seeing through the eyes of one of the dragons, one that had just come in range of him. It was still far away, but now he could see, though the dragon did not realize that Xavier was using his eyes.

But Xavier noticed that the dragon was heading in this general direction, which caused the man to smirk. It was just then that Xavier heard the battle cries...

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 1:07 am 
Istari
Istari

Davina took the sword from her back.

"Hide behind me! I will protect you!" she shouted, as the enemy attacked. She knew already what to do, this was her way. She smiled morbidly as the first man came closer and tried to block her move. Davina quickly started doing with a sword, completely distracting the enemy. For her mind came that Crutchie isn't safe even behind her because these men can still attack him. She was almost sure that she is bad woman to stick with.

"Garreth! Keep Crutchie safe!" she shouted to smith, who was still standing near Nyfer's tend, now shocked.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next