It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Amnesia Games ~Starting~
PostPosted: February 16th, 2012, 9:33 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Not to be associated with Amnesia: The Dark Descent, or The Hunger Games

Plot

Imagine waking up in darkness with no memory of who you are or how you got there. All you know is your name, and the strange familiarity of a weapon at your side. The only thing you are aware of is the sound of others in the dark and the cold stone floor underneath you. Suddenly there is light, the torches on the walls flare up with sudden flames. You blink for a moment to let your eyes adjust to the light. You are in a dungeon, cold stone walls, floors, and ceiling. Chains decorate the walls, as well as bones on the floor. Tunnels branch off everywhere. A dungeon labyrinth, and you are not alone. There are several others in this hole, all in the same situation as you. Then you notice the writing on the wall, red, dripping, and fresh, full of the smell of blood.

You hear a growl in the dark, and realize that by OTHERS, the writing didn't just mean those who also need to remember, but strange creatures in the dark as well.
Welcome to the Amnesia Games.

Your character will wake up in that situation and must remember their past, as well as fight for their futur. Killing the monsters will return memory, but they're not easy to kill, nor easy to find. Killing each other also brings back memories, but since there is alternative, it isn't necessary. But in such a case, it is suggested to have multiple characters in case a few get killed off.

Rules:
~No God moding
~No killing off other's character without first getting permission from the character's owner to do so
~Have fun!
~Oh, and this is for OC's of any era or world. But not Canon characters
~Try to find a way out of the labyrinth

Separate thread will be created for character bios.

Last edited by Eruraina on April 9th, 2012, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: The Amnesia Games
PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 2:44 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

There was darkness, nothing could be seen. Not even a hand right in front of the face. It didn't matter if the eyes were open or shut. It didn't matter, there was no difference. The stone ground was rough and cold against the skin, with a dampness that slowly seeped into the cloths, causing a chill along with the draft in the air. The air which was heavy with the metallic smell of blood. It's hard to tell if the blood you smell is your own, for even the hardiest warrior is sore from laying on that hard ground, for who knows how long they have been laying there. Then there are the sounds. An echo of a scuffling on the ground, a drip drip dripping of water, and the faint clanking of metal, like shackles.

Elrien dared not move. From what her senses told her, she was in a dungeon of sorts, but how high was the ceiling? And how far did the floor go around her? For all she knew she could be in a small space just big enough for the area she was in. Elrien felt around as she tried to remember how she got here. As far as she could tell, there was nothing arm's reach above her, and to the side... One hand wrapped around the familiar feel of her spear, the other found a skull. Panic almost overtook her. She realized she couldn't remember anything save for her name, and that she was in some kind of trouble.

Then the torches came to light. Elrien blinked a few times to let her eyes adjust to the eerie light before sitting up. She was in a small room, alone aside form the bones, with several passage ways leading away. And an ominous message in blood on the walls. A chill ran down her spine at the mention of others, but also a fierce determination. So she had to kill to remember. And something inside her told Elrien that she had to remember, because there was something important...

~~~

Vincent sniffed, and wiggled his nose at the horrible stench that reached it. He sneezed a few times, and sat up, sniffing again. What a strange predicament he had gotten himself into. But how had he gotten himself into it this time? Wait. This time? Vincent wracked his brain out of how this felt familiar, but he remembered nothing.
"Why, this is strange. I know who I am, but not where I come from? I remember magic, but not how I learned it?" he said to himself, and checked over himself. A sword, a staff, various trinkets of magical value, and an empty satchel that was the perfect shape for a notebook. Vincent hoped for a diary, but found the satchel empty. Vincent frowned, stuck a finger in his mouth, pulled it out and raised it up then stuck it in his mouth again before taking it out and spitting.
"Strong magic, that's what this is. Stronger than I've ever seen, but who, or what is powerful enough..." he was cut off by the lighting of the torches, revealing the surroundings and the message.
"Welcome to the Amnesia Games. Kill to remember. Kill to live. Keep in mind: the others are hunting you. Good luck," Vincent read the words out loud and clucked his tongue in thought. "Interesting. A game. Well, we shall have to win it now, won't we?" The druid chuckled and stood up...

~~~

As soon as full consciousness hit him, Adrian was on his feet in an alert crouch. He pulled out the familiar Beretta and held it at the ready. Not that there was anything for him to shoot at. It was too dark. The man couldn't think of how he got where he was. Was he knocked out? But then where would he had been to get him into this situation? Adrian realized he couldn't remember a thing. All he knew was that he had his trusty gun, and old faithful knife, half a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, and the feeling that he had to find someone. But he had no idea who or why.
Adrian pulled out his lighter, and attempted to fire it up, but all that resulted was a few sparks every time he attempted to turn the wheel. He had just gotten a flame when the whole room lit up with a strange light as torches burned on the walls.
"Looks like something out of a movie," Adrian murmured as he took in the skeletons, shackles, and bloody message. He read it over twice before it's meaning sunk in. He was alone in a strange dungeon, filled with who knows what kind of other people and things, with only one objective. To kill...

~~~

Let the games begin!

Post subject: Re: The Amnesia Games ~Starting~
PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 10:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: The Tardis, which is currently parked in Rivendell.

((yay! :-D ))

Marik lay very still, letting contiousness creep through his body slowly. He kept his eyes closed, his Elvish hearing attuned to the slience. He was aware of the cold stone beneath his sore body. Finally, able to bear it no longer, he opened his eyes and sat up. His hand strayed to a knife that he was somehow not surprised to find at his hip. He took it out. It seemed to fit his hand, but he didn't know where he had gotten it. Come to think of it, he didn't remember anything. Nothing. He felt for the quiver he knew had to be there. It was along with a simple black bow. The bow felt a part of him, but he didnt know why.
It was then that he noticed the sign on the wall. Kill to remember. He had to remember. He didnt know why, but he had to.
It was as if he had nothing else to live for.

~~

Jerah sat straight up as soon as she awoke. The blade on her vambraces slid out instantly, as if at her mental command. It was then that something hit her. She didnt remember. Didnt remember anything! Not how she got here, not her past. Then she saw the sign. Kill to remeber. Killing. She could do that. She didnt know why she knew that . But she knew she could. She stood up, and heard a growl in the dark. A wolfish smile crossed the girl's face. Oh, yes. She could kill.

Married the Tenth Doctor 2/26/12

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 11:38 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Orophin sat up slowly shacking his head while rubbing his neck. He felt sore, light headed, and didn't know where he was. It was really dark, and reminded him of someplace that he knew, but where was that place, and what was it called. Then he realized that he could remember almost nothing. He could remember his name, and the name of an onyx statue of a lion, called Arodghash, he also somehow knew if he said it's name a black lion with red eyes would appear. He could remember the names of his scimitars, and how to use them, as well as how to use certain types of magic, and he knew that there was throwing knives hidden all over him that he was an expert at using.

He slowly reached out his right hand, and an image of a staff flashed in his head. He then heard something rattling on the floor, then a whooshing sound reached his ears right before the staff that he had just saw in his head smacked into his hand. Somehow he wasn't surprised when this happened. He slowly stood up, and was about to make a light appear when a bunch of torches lit up along the wall. He saw words written in blood on the far wall, and read them quitely to himself. "So I have to kill in order to remember, and something tells me I need to remember in order to survive." He then reached into a pocket inside his cloak and produced the onyx statue.

"Arodghash" smoke billowed from the statue as Orophin spoke it's name, the smoke then gathered together, and the ebony lions body formed. As the lions eyes opened the red eyes gleamed in the light. Arodghash smelled the air, and then growling crouched, prepared to lung, looking down a long dark tunnel. Orophin then heard sounds coming from the tunnel. He rested his left hand on Arodghash's head, and scratched behind his ears saying "Well my old friend, we seem to be in a bad situation again." he still couldn't remember anything, but it just felt like he found himself in bad situations often, although this one did seem to feel like one of the worst.

Lucian sat up and pushed his hood back and tried to look around, but could see nothing in the dark. He tried recalling how he got there, but could think of nothing. Actually he couldn't remember anything more than his name, and how he used something called the force, and how to use the strage handles that rested on his belt, and he recalled that if he was to grab them they would have blades of light ignite from the tips of them. He also had a pair of something called blasters resting on his highs.

He slowly stod up, and as he did so the torches on the walls lit up. He looked around at the bones scattered on the floor, and then at the chains on the walls. So clearly he was in a dungeon of sorts, but where was it located. He then turned and saw a section of wall that had a message written in blood. He breathed deaply as he finished reading and said "I have a stange felling that no matter where I go I have to deal with death. So what kind of person am I then." he then looked at the blood again, and threw his fist at it with a shout.

His fist never touched it, but the power that he knew as the force shoot forward and smashed into the wall destroying the message. He loward his head sadly and then said "I know I have to remember, and if that means I must kill then so be it. I'll do what I must to escape this place." He then pulled out his twin dark pistoles, and pointed them down a long dark hallway, as he prepared to leave.

Previously Known As Orophin

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 2:35 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Location: Somewhere where there's free pumkin spice coffees. HAPPY AUTUMN!

Arah heard the constant drip-dropping of water hitting a stone floor. She didn't want to open her eyes, her head pounded furiously. Tick-tock, she told herself, cynically. Get up. Arah sat up as light entered the room- no, she thought, it sounded too big for one room, the dungeon, more likely. She saw the source of the light. Then she saw the message. She just noticed, she had no memory, she'd been to focused on getting up, and on her massive headache. She looked around on the floor, finding a sword and a bow. They fit comfortably with her, as if they were part of her life.
She also found that she had magic. Limited magic, but magic, nonetheless. Magic that would be helpful in vanquishing the thing that she heard growling in the far reaches of the dark where the torchlight did not penetrate. Good luck, she told herself.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Ethan felt cold. that's what prompted him to reach out. He found a knife waiting for him, and a couple grenades. Now to answer the question: "Where am I?" He noticed now that he was not in a house. Suddenly, torches flared around him. Reading the message on the wall, he asked himself, "How did I get here?"
With no answer to that, he stood. He felt he should remember why he was here, he just didn't....

Avatar http://www.lunaii-dollmaker.com/dollmaker

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 12:13 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Elrien tightened her grip on her spear, starting to breath hard. In her subconscious she somehow knew that her whole life had been about fighting, but not details, no events, no people came to her mind. It was just as if her whole existence had been her in this dungeon, prepared to fight. Being alienated from everything because none of these sights were familiar.

Biting her lip, Elrien kept her spear at the ready. She could hear something coming from a passageway, but with the nature of the walls, who knows how far away it was, because it could be echoing off the stone walls so well.

Then from one of the passageways she heard a voice, and stepping as lightly as she could so as not to make any sound, and grabbing one of the eerie torches, she made her way down that hall, unsure of what dangers awaited her in this labyrinth of tunnels.

~~~

Tap, step, step, tap, step, step.
That was the steady pace that Vincent made as he walked along a pathway, hist staff going along with one hand, causing the tapping when it hit the ground, the other hand holding a torch out infront of him. The torches had only been in the room he woke up in, so the rest of the tunnels were as dark as night. He had not wasted any time dawdling in that room, knowing it was better to go to the danger than the let the danger come to him in such an open area.

It wasn't long before Vincent found himself coming up to another room. Here he stopped and put out the torch and carefully laid it down before getting closer, pretty much hidden by the darkness. It was here he saw another person with another bloody message(Orophin), the same message that Vincent had woken up to. The druid also watched as this man he had come across summoned an ebony lion that started growling in his direction.

That's very interesting, Vincent thought as he raised an eyebrow. I wonder if the summon beast would count as a separate kill as the man... Or maybe first I should make an allie, for the halls are dangerous without someone guarding the back.

For the time being, Vincent decided just to wait and observe the man with the ebony lion.

~~~

Why didn't I grab a torch? Adrian thought to himself as he walked. His back was against the wall, using that to feel the direction of the corridor in this insane darkness. His two hands were full. One held his hand gun, which he kept pointed up in a position that he could bring it down in an instant. The other held his knife at the ready. If something did sneak up and start attacking him, the knife would be more useful than the gun, in any case.

But it didn't seem like long with he saw a light at the end of the tunnel. Adrian stepped as lightly as he could while wearing combat boots as he creeped closer to the light. Before stepping into it, into sight, he stopped. He noticed someone there. A girl(Jerah). A teenager by the looks of it. But she was dressed strangely. Like someone that had been to a renaissance fair.

If the point was to kill everyone else that was in these tunnels, Adrian couldn't do it. There was no way he was going to kill someone so young. And he knew that she was in the same boat as him, because there on the wall was the same message he saw, written in fresh blood.

How many others, he couldn't help but wonder. But then he heard a growl coming from one of the other tunnels, and froze completely. It was then he saw an almost sadistic smile come across the girl's face. Maybe she wasn't as innocent as he thought she might be...

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 12:31 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Orophin picked his hand up off of Arodghash and then he quickly flung his staff forward shooting forward a tiny ball of light that exploded into a blinding light as it enterd the dark passage, and at the same time he raised his empty hand snapping his fingers, and then pointing in the direction of the passage way. Arodghash rushed forward, and right as the passage lit up Arodghash pounced, and landed on the man that light had momentarily stunned. Arodghash was mere inches away from the mans throat, and Orophin walked up, and said "Who are you, are you the one who placed me here, or one of the others who seeks my blood. Speak quickly for I'm not in a particularly good mood at this moment." Arodghash growled threateningly at the man, his hot breath blowing into the mans face.

Lucian wandered in the dark, letting the force guide him. He then felt a savage presence, before hearing the growling of the creature. It's eyes glowed yellow in the. and rushed him. Lucian quickly let fly two shoots from each blaster. The beast flew back, and burst into flames as the laserbolts set it's fur on fire. Lucian couldn't tell what the creature was as the fire died down, but he noticed enough to tell it was some kind of feline creature. Lucian then looked toward a room where light was coming from, and continued toward the light. As he reached the room he saw a girl(Arah) holding a sword, and bow, in her hands. Lucian placed his blasters back in there holsters, and then walked out of the dark into the room filled with lit. He held his hands above his hand, and said "Don't attack please. I ean you no harm, M'lady. My name is Lucian. I'm trapped here, same as you." he indicated the message on the wall, and then thought to himself 'Please let this work. I don't want to have to kill a person if I don't have to.' Even though his hands where empty his body still flowed with the power of the Force, and he could summon it forth at any moment should he need it's protection.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 10:00 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

(By the way, I should point out that the monsters in the labrynth with them (Like the one Lucian just killed) count to help bring back memories so send me a pm on what memory you would like Lucian to get back(but this does NOT mean you guys can go a kill a whole bunch in one post. I mean, what would be the fun in that, lol :p

And another thing, Orophin, how did your oc Orophin know that Vincent was there? He made no sound so how would he have known what passage to send a stunning ball of light towards? Unless it was just sheer luck.)

Vincent knew what was about to happen before it happened. The druid shielded his eyes before the light came shinning so as not to hurt his eyes and not to get too stunned by it's sudden ness. But before he could raise a defense, the ebony lion pounced on him. Though the lion wasn't on him long. The druid breathed a couple of words and the lion flew away from the Vincent as if hit by something hard.

Vincent got to his feet and held up a hand.
"Before you say or do anything more, I'll just tell you that I don't respond well to having a giant cat about to tear out my throat. That's no way to treat a fellow magic user now, is it? I am Vincent Deargtine, and I remember nothing else but my spells. And if ever placed a man in a dungeon with such an ominous message, I would make sure to be clear away when he woke up, wouldn't you?" Vincent kept his voice calm, and spoke rather slowly, if anything just to annoy the man for demanding him to speak quickly.
"I don't want to kill you, but I will out of self defense if I have to. For I am not in a good mood either. I will assume you remember nothing like me, and will say that maybe we can work together."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2012, 10:32 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Marik tightened his grip on his bow and stood up, one hand on the daggers at his belt. Kill to remember... It nagged at him as he took a torch from the wall and started out into the passage. Another low growl came through the dark, and the Elf was glad of the torch.

~~

Jerah smiled coldly. "I hear you." she said. Whoever it was(Adrian), was clearly not the best at sneaking around in the dark. She stood up, and slid the blades back into her vambraces. "Oh don't worry. I wont use these on you unless I have to."

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 11:13 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Of course she heard him, Adrian thought with a grimace. You can't exactly be quiet with combat boots. He moved forward into the light, and as he did so, the gun that was pointed at the girl, moved to point down at the ground. But other than that, he showed no sign of relaxing. According to the note on the wall one could kill the other to remember, so there was no other choice.

"And what would be your definition of having to use them? Self defense or remembering something as part of someone's sick game?" he said, still wondering about her cloths. It was like he has stepped into the past. dungeon with torches and now the girl in front of her dressed strangely. It had to be a dream, and soon he would wake up and remember everything.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 4:09 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arah jumped as Lucian started talking. "I'm Arah." she said. The corners of her mouth lifted a little, then strayed back down. "And I'm pretty sure I won't hurt you either." Killing people. She just couldn't do it. "I'm also not so sure that those things out there won't, either."

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Ethan took a torch off of the wall, sighing. as he walked throught the dungeon listening to the growls of the resident beasts, serpents, or whatever they were, he listened intently for anything else under that. Like human voices. He couldn't be the only one here. The wouldn't make sense.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 5:23 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arodghash flew through the air, and then landed on the ground sliding a few more feet before he pulled his claws out, and used them to stop his momentum. Arodghash then growled at Vincent and started to chage at him until Orophin put his hand up, signaling the lion to stop. Arodghash roared irritably, and began pacing back, and forth, watching Vincent. Orophin just waited as Vincent answered his questions, slowly at that.

He rolled his eyes as Vincent finally got done talking, and said "As far as being already gone when the people woke up, if you where the one who put us here, although I can't remember anything, I do have a felling that I have been around people who would choose to stay nearby just to get a close look as their prisoners suffered.

"However, I get the feeling that you are speaking the truth, and having someone to watch my back would be welcomed. My name is Orophin Tulcakelume, and the lion with an attitude is Arodghash." The lion glared at Orophin for what he said, and Orophin jus ignored him as he held his hand toward Vincent to shake it, as a sgn of trust.

Lucien loward his hands, smilled, and then said "Well Arah, if it wasn't for the situation that we seem to find ourselves in, then I would say that it was a pleasure to meet you, but there had to have been a better way for us to meet than this. As far as if these creatures that sure this labyrinth with us are concerned, I can tell you for a fact that they are not friendly. One tried to attack me, and I had to kill it, or else you wouldn't be meeting me now.

"It might be a good idea for us to try, and see where these tunnels lead, and if there might be anyone else trapped here who would be willing to help us get out of here, but we'll want to stay on gaurd. The same way that we don't want to hurt anybody, there are sure to be those wiling to kill anything they see to get there memories back. What do you think Arah?"

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 9:26 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Jerah thought for a moment. "Dont know. Haven't decided yet." she slid the blades back out. "These feel right though. Right for killing someone." she gave the strange man a look. He was dressed oddly and had a strange weapon.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2012, 11:44 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

"Sure," Arah said, sliding the bow into a quiver she found on the floor, and her sword in a sheath on her belt. "Where to though?" she asked, more to herself than to Lucian.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2012, 9:13 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Lucien could tel that Arah had just been thinking out loud, and not actually asking him, but he still said "From what I can tell this dungeon is also a Labyrinth. So I don't think where we go will really matter. We probably won't know which way we're going after a few minutes anyways."

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 5:30 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Arah laughed, humorlessly. "True. Let's go left. It's always left." She grabbed an extra torch, and walked toward the left. "Unless you want to go another way." She stopped and turned.