Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO Game of Thrones
PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 5:38 am 
Balrog
Balrog

@johnny&orlifan: Gendry didn't make Arya's sword, it was made in Winterfell by the blacksmith there. Jon was never in King's Landing, remember? ;) But I agree that it'll be interesting to see where they go with that relationship.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 6:53 am 
Elf
Elf

Arwen the webmaster wrote:
Did anyone else hear about Natalie Dormer joining GoT for s2? Still not having read the books (...I should get on that :-P), I don't know a thing about her character, Margaery Tyrell, but she's an incredibly talented actress and I loved her as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors. I have total faith she'll be a great asset to the show, even if she can't replace Sean Bean :teehee:

Oooh I heard the same, and am so excited, she's an utterly brilliant actress- though I am slightly surprised she's been picked for Margarey- who in the book is often described as sweet and innocent and beautiful- and 16, which considering ND's other roles- namely Anne Boelyn- seems a bit odd- all the same, she has a scheming Grandmother- so maybe they've combined the two characters into one for dramatisation reasons, which seems to make more sense :). And as a side, Margaery Tyrell is Loras Tyrell's (the Knight of the flowers/ Renley's gay lover) sister.

I can't wait for more casting news, I read somewheer thatd Christopher Ecclestone had supposedly been considered as Stannis- how EPIC would that be?

PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 7:53 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Anameleth- Ah, my mistake :blush:. Thank you for correcting me :].

PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 7:04 pm 
Elf
Elf

Some more s2 casting news!

Gwendoline Christie is Brienne Maiden of Tarth

&

Gemma Wehlan is apparently Asha Yara Greyjoy

I'm so happy they've cast Brienne (who is one of my fav chars in the books!) the actress is 6'3 so she's certainly big enough for the role... if a little too pretty.

Unsure on the Yara thing, apparently Yara is Theon Greyjoy's sister, but in the book's his sister is called Asha, but then maybe with an already introduced character named Osha it would be kinda confusing.... and I don't know why but I felt (shamefully) that Lilly Allen should be Asha/Yara because she's Alfie Allens RL sister, and completely fits the role as well.... but then Lilly isn't an actress :/

Any other thoughts on s2 casting news?

PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 9:19 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I've heard the legendary actor, Christopher Eccleston, of Doctor Who fame is being considered as Stannis Baratheon

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 4:16 am 
Elf
Elf

I seriously hope that the Chris Eccleston rumours are true, he's amazing and completely perfect- he looks like I pictured Stannis, and is moody and Northern!

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 5:48 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

@Lembas: She's far too pretty to play Brienne! There's something wonky (for lack of a better word) about her face, but it plainly says in the book that the only beautiful part of Brienne's face is her eyes. I don't know what she's like as an actress though, so I couldn't say about her personality fitting the role.

@Caunion: The only thing I can think of about Chris Eccleston right now is: Hair! He's got hair! :teehee: I think he'd do a really good job as Stannis, though.

by Lembas

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 10th, 2011, 5:21 am 
Elf
Elf

I don't know what she's like either, as I've never heard of her, still i saw a press release by GRRM that said she turned up to the casting call looking like Brienne, and not as she does in that photo.. who knows? And Hollywood always Glam up the characters a bit, Tyrion isn't a monstorous beast, Plain-Faced ned Stark is yummy Sean Bean, and equally Plain Jon Snow is Lovely Kit Harrington :)

PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 9:45 am 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Don't forget the supposed ugly Ser Joran Mormont is played by the quite dashing and well-aged Iain Glen.

While it'll certainly be weird and may border on type-casting but for Lady Melisandre I would like to see either Eva Green or Tilda Swinton. However I have complete faith in the casting director for Game of Thrones and I know I won't be disappointed by whoever they choose.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 4:04 am 
Istari
Istari

I menaged to see the glimps of Game of Thrones and I am surprised how well they did Dany...I mean, that is difficult role to handle since Dany is rather extraordinary person and I had very strict expectations from the actress. But she did very well! I love how she is growing from the poor girl to proud mother of dragons.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 4:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Morgie: I think Dany got better throughout the series, I didn't like the actress at first as all she seemed to do was look into the distance, but she got much better as it went on :)

Caunion cyn Britannia wrote:
While it'll certainly be weird and may border on type-casting but for Lady Melisandre I would like to see either Eva Green or Tilda Swinton. However I have complete faith in the casting director for Game of Thrones and I know I won't be disappointed by whoever they choose.

Not Eva, or Tilda - Carice Van Houten's been confirmed as Melisandre- though i do agree Eva would have been a Fab Red Woman.

&

Stephen Dillane is confirmed as Stannis I wanted Chris Ecclestone D:

& Davos Seaworth is kinda dashing Liam Cuningham... somehow I don't think the Davos scenes will be as boring as they were in the book!

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 8:34 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That's good casting IMO. They are doing a really good job with this series. I mean. Really good. :D I might even start to consider this series my third-favorite fantasy series of all time, and trust me, that's saying something.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 1:27 am 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

So... I haven't read any of this thread, to be honest. But, I just wanted to say that I am in the middle of reading the book(which is wonderful so far, I love it).

And I have a simple request... Does anyone know where I can watch Game of Thrones online free? (without having to download). Because due to financial reasons, I do not have tv service and my only way of watching tv is with Netflix, which currently doesn't have it available. So, could anyone send me a link to where I can watch it? Because I really want to, since the book so far is really good.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 4:29 am 
Elf
Elf

I watched it Here when the series first came out, I haven't checked that the videos are still active, but it was by far the best stream I could find :)

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 3:15 am 
Istari
Istari

I have seen whole Game of Thrones. Too much sex scenes for my liking but wonderfully made story. They were exactly like in the book.

Plus Dany and Tyrion, my two favorites from the show :) At the other hand, I don't like what they did with Petyr.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 10:34 am 

I agree with the nudity-overload, they could've done without it and the story would still be the same. But everything (places, costumes, characters) looked good and the soundtrack is very good as well :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next