Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: To The End [Private]
PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 10:04 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I didn't know about that," Paige bit her lip, glancing back over her shoulder at Shaun in case he was listening in. He seemed the sort of guy who'd blab or laugh, but Rick was older and more mature, or at least Paige thought he was. "It's just... Throughout my life people didn't like me. Not even my own parents. I had this, problem and they didn't like dealing with it. They always acted so pitying around me, people at school too. I figured being hated was better than being pitied so I started being a total... well, female-dog shall we say? I guess old habits die hard, y'know?"

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 10:07 pm 
Vala
Vala

Rick nodded, shifting his weight. "Listen, when it comes to Evan I think she just finds it hard to adjust. It was her and Lindsey alone, for a long time, because they lost everyone else. Evan had to make all the decisions and I know she did a good job - but she doesn't realize it. She just needs to get used to not having to shoulder the weight of the world alone anymore."

Rest in peace Carrie Fisher, the legend we didn't deserve.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Paige bit her lip and tucked a stray bit of hair behind her ear. "I guess I'll just need to give her time then?"

She glanced over her shoulder and caught Shaun's eye, but she didn't bother glaring. If he wanted to listen in, then who was she to stop him? They only had each other, so what was the point in keeping secrets?

PostPosted: May 18th, 2013, 10:12 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I think so," Rick confirmed. He thought it was weird how Evan acted around Paige, after all, she had known the both of them the same amount of time. Although, he realized, they most likely hadn't slept together. Maybe that did make it easier for Rick and Evan to trust each other?

When Evan was dressed she pulled her hair into a ponytail and then threw a smile at Lindsey. "You ready to learn how to handle a knife?"

"Yep," Lindsey replied, nodding.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 7:35 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"How did you get her to trust you?" Paige asked, curious. She was aware that Shaun had walked over to join them now but ignored him. "I mean, it's like she's used up all her ability to like people on you and Lindsey so she hates everyone else."

"She doesn't hate me," Shaun smirked. "Just pointing it out."

"Yeah, thanks for the reminder," Paige muttered but for once it didn't bother her as much as it used to. "But I mean, it's probably because you saved her life so you're useful whereas I'm just a tag-along so she probably thinks I'll end up getting us all killed, right?"

She ran a finger through her hair, trying to think it through logically to find a solution instead of breaking down completely.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 7:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Rick sighed. "I don't know," he confessed. "It doesn't make much sense. I don't even know, maybe she doesn't trust me. It's hard to tell."

He scratched his chin absentmindedly, shrugging as he did.

After Evan had sorted out her outfit for the day and gotten her hair out of the way she grasped Lindsey's hand and pushed the giggling girl towards the door, ushering her to go through it.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 8:11 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Shaun grinned at Rick, "Maybe Evan likes us because of our dashing good looks. Try getting some stubble, Paige, maybe then she'll come around. Until then, chill."

Paige opened her mouth to reply with some sarcastic comeback but she was thrown by the way he winked at her after he spoke, as if they were in this together, the two of them and he was giving her a lifeline, like they'd planned it all along. So instead she just smiled and nodded.

"Of course, how could I have not realized that before?" She joked, finally feeling herself relax.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 8:46 pm 
Vala
Vala

"I don't think she dislikes either of you, really, she's just reserved." He was about to add something else when Evan and Lindsey showed up.

"We're all ready for fighting lessons," Evan said, smiling. It took Rick by surprise, it was so unlike her.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 9:57 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"We're ready too," Shaun said, smiling back at Evan. "How do you want to do this? Do we all stick together? Split up?"

"Well first of all we need to get far enough away so that we don't attract all the walkers to the house," Paige chipped in, mentally shuddering at an image that popped into her head of them being totally surrounded due to the noise. Though they were a fairly smart group, so Paige hoped they could avoid that.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 4:05 pm 
Vala
Vala

Evan nodded, putting an arm around Lindsey's shoulders. "I say we head off by at least a few miles, and we should definitely stick together. But who teaches who what? My vote obviously goes to Rick doing the gun training. He taught me, and I'd never even held a gun before."

She threw a grin in Rick's direction and he returned it.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 5:10 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Sounds good," Paige nodded. She trusted Rick with a gun, he seemed the most sensible out of all of them.

"I can teach hand-to-hand, if anyone is willing to let me teach them," Shaun grinned. "I've had my fair share of encounters and when we're fighting it might not always be with the undead."

Paige nodded again in agreement, glancing at Evan and Lindsey, wondering how the older woman would feel about a child handling weapons.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 6:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

"Sounds fair enough." Evan shrugged again, tightening her grip momentarily on the girl. She didn't like the idea of any of them handling weapons, but someone needed to take charge. It was necessary for them to know how to handle weapons.

There was an awkward tension lingering in the air around Evan and Rick while they put a few miles between their home and where they'd practice fighting. Shaun and Paige were behind them on the motorcycle, and Lindsey was busy looking out the window in the back. Evan had so much to say, but no words seemed good enough. And she didn't want to let Lindsey know about what happened between her and Rick. It was enough that she knew. With a sigh she watched the scenery go by outside, opting for silence rather than conversation.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 8:35 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Somehow Shaun had convinced Paige to ride on the back of his bike while the others got into the truck. Shed been about to follow them but he'd grabbed her wrist and stopped her

"C'mon, Paige. You've been awesome today. So why not make an even bigger step and get on it with me," he gave her that flirtatious grin that she still wasn't used to and it cleared her mind of any arguement. "I know, you probably hate motorbikes and you probably hate me even more but humour me because I bet I can-"

"Okay," She waved off his words with her hand and smiled back at him, which obviously surprised him. It made her smile even more. "Let's go. Motorbike time. Blow me away!"

He nodded, grinning and pulled her over to the bike. There was no helmets, but Paige tried to not let it worry her. Without any warning, Shaun fired up the bike and took off after the truck. Too shocked to scream, Paige just wrapped her arms around Shaun and screwed her eyes shut, telling herself she wouldn't open them again until they came to a stop.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 8:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

After what felt like forever, Evan couldn't stand the pressing silence anymore. She turned towards Rick, awkwardly.

"How much should we practice?" she asked. "We can't waste too many bullets, I mean."

"No, you're right," he replied, eyes kept firmly on the road. "But we do have to make sure we all know how to at least handle a gun slightly. It might save our lives down the line."

He threw a glance towards her and smiled, and she did her best to return it. She knew they'd talked about what happened, but it still made her uncomfortable.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 9:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Despite all her senses screaming at her not to, Paige slowly opened her eyes, blinking back tears that filled them not from fear but just from the wind slapping her in her face. Most of her vision was obscured because her face was pressed against Shaun's back but she forced herself to lean back slightly and take a look. Although it felt like they were speeding along at the speed of light, they were still behind the truck and it seemed a lot more acceptable a speed when she could see the trees going by.

"Enjoying yourself back there?" Shaun shouted, his voice barely audible over the wind rushing in Paige's ears. He didn't wait for an answer, before shouting something else. "Good. Hold on tight!"

She did so, just in time as he revved the engine and picked up speed, shooting past the van. This time Paige couldn't hold back the small shriek that slipped from her mouth as she clung onto Shaun for dear life and she prayed that if she lived, nobody would mention they heard it.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2013, 9:45 pm 
Vala
Vala

They found a field, some five miles away from the house, and Evan pointed at it, suggesting it as their training ground. Rick agreed, and honked at the bike that was now in front of them. He motioned towards the field. Evan had, earlier, gathered together a bunch of empty tin cans to use for targets, and they'd looked through all their supplies of bullets to make sure they could practice but still have enough left to defend themselves.

"Are you ready?" Evan asked Lindsey, turning around in her seat, offering the girl a smile. The blonde only nodded, a nervous look on her face. "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next