TLOTR: Conquest. console/pc/ds 2009 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
TLOTR: Aragorn's Quest. console/psp/ds 2010 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
TLOTR: War In The North. console/pc 2011 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Lego The Lord Of The Rings. console/pc/ds/3ds 2012 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Guardians Of Middle-Earth. console/pc 2012 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lego The Hobbit. console/pc/3ds 2014 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Middle-Earth: Shadow Of Mordor. console/pc 2014 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Best Lord of the rings video game. Read below than vote.
PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 4:27 pm 
Istari
Istari

I play quite a few LOTR video games and it got me to wondering what do you think the best games are?
I will even add a couple that are coming out this year so people can vote in the future. If your like me you probably have more than one so I will give you the option to vote for more than one if you want, three max. And since two of the games have not released yet you can change your vote if you want. Than you can comment what order you have your three favorite games in and why and also some of the games you almost had on your list.
here are the covers if you are not sure of the titles especially since some have the same name. I will list them from the oldest one I could find to the new ones coming out this year.

The Lord of The Rings vol1: pc 1990 Image

The Lord of The Rings the two towers vol2: pc 1993 Image

The lord of the rings vol1: snes 1994 Image

The lord of the rings: The fellowship of the ring. xbox, ps2, pc, gameboy 2002 Image Image

The lord of the rings: The two towers. ps2, xbox, gamecube, gameboy adv. 2002 Image

The lord of the rings: return of the king. ps2, xbox, gamecube, pc, gameboy adv. 2003 Image

The hobbit. gamecube, xbox, ps2, pc, gameboy adv. 2003 Image

The lord of the rings: War of the ring. pc 2003 Image

The lord of the rings: Battle for middle earth. pc 2004 Image

The lord of the rings: The third age. gamecube, xbox, ps2. 2004 Image

The lord of the rings: Tactics. psp 2005 Image

The lord of the rings: Battle for middle earth 2. xbox360, pc 2005 Image

The lord of the rings online. pc 2007 Image

The lord of the rings: Conquest. xbox360, ps3, pc, nintendo ds. 2009 Image

The lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest. wii, ps2, ps3, psp, nintendo ds. 2010 Image

The lord of the rings: War in the north. ps3, xbox360, pc. 2011 Image

Lego The lord of the rings. xbox360, wii, ps3, pc, nds, n3ds, 2012 Image

Guardians of middle-earth. xbox360, ps3, pc. 2012 Image

Lego the hobbit. xbox360, xbox one, ps3, ps4, wii u, pc, n3ds. 2014 Image

Middle-earth: Shadow of mordor. xbox360, xbox one, ps3, ps4, pc. 2014 Image

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Best Lord of the rings video game. Read below than vote.
PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 4:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Here are my top 3
1: Battle for middle earth. This is definately one of the best games ever made in my opinion. They use the soundtrack from the films and the voices of some of the actors. And you can save Boromir!
2: War in the north. I like the graphics on this game and it is really cool to visit the places in this game. one of my personal favorites is Sarn Ford and the music really adds to the place. And the soundtrack itself for the game I think fits in with TLOTR perfectly.
The voice acting is okay on it.
3: Lego Lord of the rings. I like that you can travel all over Middle-Earth. You can also choose to be pretty much any character you want in free roam. And they also use the music from the films which is really awesome. And for a lego game the graphics are great of the locations.

Game that almost made it to the list LOTR: Conquest. The graphics are good and they use the music from the films. you can also download Boromir, Arwen and Gothmog. The problem is it just doesn't give you much freedom to do anything, and the downloadable characters can only be used minimally. And the balance between the strength levels of good and evil are poor. But it is still an interesting game.
The others I haven't tried but I plan to get Battle for Middle-earth 2 sometime in the near future.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 5:08 pm 
Elf
Elf

I'd say Battle for Middle Earth II all the way, and it's Expansion pack Rise of the Witch King. I liked that they gave a different story of LotR than the main plot focussing upon the fall of Dol Guldor. The Landscapes are gorgeous. I won't lie, I'd always try and buy Glorindel and have him run around the battlefield on his horse just to look at all the details. The music which was a mix of film and originally created stuff is awesome too.

I liked the 2003 Hobbit and RotK games too, neither are really great games- I was always frustrated by the fact you couldn't re-play levels in the Hobbit, and RotK, especially on gameboy could be annoying. But for the nostalgia factor I love them. I remember I got Legolas up to level 20 in RotK because I played him so much- some characters like Frodo were only on level 2 because I didn't care about them lol! And I loved the whimsy of the Hobbit game.

I'm a little undecided on Lego-Rings I've played the Ipad app and the console version. I really like how you can just wander around Middle Earth as you please, and that you can play as obscure characters too. But it didn't really feel to me like a LotR game, the levels and puzzles really could have been in any game and I don't like how you have to button mash all the time. I do find it hilarious to beat random people to death with a toy snake though :)

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 1:15 pm 
Istari
Istari

Lembas wrote:
I'd say Battle for Middle Earth II all the way, and it's Expansion pack Rise of the Witch King. I liked that they gave a different story of LotR than the main plot focussing upon the fall of Dol Guldor. The Landscapes are gorgeous. I won't lie, I'd always try and buy Glorindel and have him run around the battlefield on his horse just to look at all the details. The music which was a mix of film and originally created stuff is awesome too.

I liked the 2003 Hobbit and RotK games too, neither are really great games- I was always frustrated by the fact you couldn't re-play levels in the Hobbit, and RotK, especially on gameboy could be annoying. But for the nostalgia factor I love them. I remember I got Legolas up to level 20 in RotK because I played him so much- some characters like Frodo were only on level 2 because I didn't care about them lol! And I loved the whimsy of the Hobbit game.

I'm a little undecided on Lego-Rings I've played the Ipad app and the console version. I really like how you can just wander around Middle Earth as you please, and that you can play as obscure characters too. But it didn't really feel to me like a LotR game, the levels and puzzles really could have been in any game and I don't like how you have to button mash all the time. I do find it hilarious to beat random people to death with a toy snake though :)

Yeah Battle for middle earth 2 looks like it would be really cool. I looked videos of it up on youtube and it looks like it would be as much fun as the first one. And you can still be Boromir! :-D
I feel the same way about the Lego LOTR game, I think if they could make a game like that but with the graphics of War in the north would be cool.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 6th, 2014, 6:57 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Most of these games I've never even heard of. The only LotR based game I've played is Lord of the Rings Online.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 5:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

I've never played Lord Of The Rings online. Looks interesting though.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2014, 10:22 pm 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

It's rather fun. I've been playing for a little over two years now.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 1:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

I just ordered Battle for middle-earth 2 for my xbox360. I'm excited to try it out. Thats why I left the poll open to change your picks because it could change over time.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 16th, 2014, 5:40 pm 
Istari
Istari

Battle for middle earth 2 is pretty fun. I wish you could team up the whole Fellowship though. I still love War in the north too!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 18th, 2014, 1:58 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I've played quite a few of these actually. It's say my top three are:
1) LOTRO
2) Fellowship of the Ring (Gameboy)
3) LOTR: The Third Age

Honorary:
Two Towers & Return of the King

LOTRO: I technically still have the DL for Bullroarer/BETA server for LOTRO. I joined in as a tester when they were switching to F2P and I've stayed there since. I switched to the main RP server less than a years ago and that is a really good community. There is a user chat channel that is all about Tolkien and his works. We have Tolkien reading days every Thurs. The graphics compared to newer MMOs looks a little dated now but the culture and beauty of the world is still breathtaking. I really need to lvl my new main on the RP server so I can explore Gondor. I hear from everyone that it is really well don and beautiful. The community has diminished a little since the introduction of World chat but if you turn it off or ignore it, it's a wonderful game. :)

FOTR: What I appreciate the most about Fellowship of the Ring is how it follows the book. The game can be extremely annoying and challenging at times, but it is still fun.

LOTR: TTA: I know a lot of people hated The Third Age, but I found it interesting. A little cheesy at times though. I find myself playing that game quite a bit. It's like a Final Fantasy version of LOTR. Haha.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2014, 6:45 pm 
Istari
Istari

Thats interesting, I haven't had the chance to try those games. They sound good. My biggest ones so far is still War in the north and Battle for Middle-earth.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 18th, 2014, 11:03 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I've been interesting in playing those two. They are ones I have not played yet. From what I remember BFME & War in the North are more similar to strategy games in design aren't they?
I will have to look them up again soon. If you ever do decide to join Lord of the Rings Online, I highly recommend the Laurelin server. :)

I am really interested in Shadow of Mordor! I saw a trailer for it about a month ago and it looks really intriguing and well thought out. I'm also happy they are making it for the 360 too. I have yet to get a new gen console. :lol:

PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 4:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

Rinoa Amarth wrote:
I've been interesting in playing those two. They are ones I have not played yet. From what I remember BFME & War in the North are more similar to strategy games in design aren't they?
I will have to look them up again soon. If you ever do decide to join Lord of the Rings Online, I highly recommend the Laurelin server. :)

I am really interested in Shadow of Mordor! I saw a trailer for it about a month ago and it looks really intriguing and well thought out. I'm also happy they are making it for the 360 too. I have yet to get a new gen console. :lol:

War in the north is more along the lines of shadow of mordor from what i've seen of shadow of mordor. But yeah Battle for middle earth is a strategy game.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 4:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Captain Boromir wrote:
Rinoa Amarth wrote:

War in the north is more along the lines of shadow of mordor from what i've seen of shadow of mordor. But yeah Battle for middle earth is a strategy game.

Awesome! I'll have to track down a copy of them soon. :) Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard. :lol:

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 2:49 pm 
Istari
Istari

What kind of game console do you have? War in the north is pretty cheap on Amazon. For the 360 you can get it used for as low as thirteen or fourteen dollars, Playstation is about twenty three too twenty four dollars.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 6:20 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

My newest gen console(s) are the 360 and PSP. Other than that I have my Gamecube, PS2, PS1, Laptop/PC, and a GBA. :lol:

Got to love amazon. ;) I get very particular about buying games, especially if they are used. I have a strong distrust for people and how they handle their disks. :lol: That price does sound right since the game has been out a while. I still just need to save for it a little bit. Two weeks without pay just makes my bank account cry.