Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Into the West
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 1:48 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Just wondering... Into the west was the only song with lyrics on the whole soundtrack that I got. (I can't remember which movie specifically it was from)

Anyone know why they put words to that song and none of the others? Also who is the original vocalist for the soundtrack version of that song?

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: Into the West
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 9:46 am 
Elf
Elf

It's from Return of the King. Annie Lennox sung it. It won an Oscar.

The end credits always have a song that is sung in English. In Fellowship of the Ring it was May It Be by Enya. Two Towers was Gollum's Song sung by Emiliana Torrini.
The Hobbit films. An Unexpected Journey: The Song of the Lonely Mountain by Neil Finn. Desolation of Smaug: I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. Battle of Five Armies: The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd.

There are plenty of songs through the soundtracks for the LotR films that have lyrics. A lot in Elvish but quite a few in English.

Allow me to introduce you to the wonder that is A Magpie's Nest. All the lyrics from both the theatrical and the extended editions of the LotR films are on there, along with time stamps of where they appear in either the OST or on the Complete Recordings. She has said that she won't be doing the Hobbit films soundtracks and I don't know if anybody has started something similar for the Hobbit films because it is a mammoth task.
Anyway, if you go to source songs and poems on there you will find the lyrics to all the songs in the LotR films.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 11:59 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Cool! That is a mammoth task! That's a neat site. I didn't have all the sound traks but on the one I had Into the West was the only one with lyrics.

Thanks for the info, though! I no longer have the soundtracks with me sadly so I was thinking of looking them up. I have quirk that I don't want the song unless it's sung by the original singer. :P

I didn't really think about the end credits of the others for some reason. Now that you mention it I remember. I loved Billy boyds song at the end of Bo5A! Of course I loved his song in Return of the king also... for some reason that one was not on my soundtrack, though.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 9:32 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I loved into the west!

Annie Lennox does a wonderful job.

And pipin's song too. I think I liked pipins song even better actually.

Of course Billy boyd does a great job too and I knew as soon as I heard it that it was him singing the last goodbye.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 4:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, they all did a great job I think. The music for the movies is perfect and a lot of times you can have a great movie but the music sets the tone and can make or break the movie.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2023, 12:16 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

When storing a wheelbarrow, it is also important to make sure it is clean. Before you store the wheelbarrow, make sure to remove any dirt, debris, or leaves from it. This will help prevent rusting and keep the wheelbarrow in good condition. https://wheelbarrowdepot.com/best-2-wheel-wheelbarrow/