Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reborn
PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 2:04 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah chuckled at the cub's clumsiness and fluffy hair. He was quite a character. He didn't seem to notice, or at least didn't pay any attention to the stairs they recieved.

In reaponse to Elitariel's question he nodded. "Yes," he handed her a key. "Here is the key to your room. You can head up the stairs any time you like."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 25th, 2015, 12:20 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel, still shivering a bit, took the keys. "Well I guess this is goodnight." She smiled warmly for a moment, then scooped up Meldiron along with her supplies. The cub pawed at her wet hair and began chewing on it. Elitariel laughed, gave one last glance at Micah, and headed up the wooden stairs to her room.

She changed into dry clothes right away and hung up the damp gown by the window. After eating a bite and feeding Meldiron, the elf slipped into the warm bed, grateful for a nice bed and warm sheets to sleep in tonight. Meldiron whimpered, and out of sympathy, Elitariel invited him up to bed. He curled right next to her, purring, and was out in a minute. Elitariel slowly drifted off the sleep, but in the back of her mind, was praying to the Valar for spare her from the nightmares.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:45 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah nodded as Elitariel bid him farewell. "Sleep well," he replied. He let her dissapear behind the doorway to her room and then he went to work. The adventurer didn't cary much money but most people were willing to trade supplies for services. Thankfully the innkeeper had some repaires and such things that needed done to the building and he was more than willing to exchange a night's work for the supplies and a single room.

Micah grabbed his tools and started with the window frames in the main room. As the night went on more projects came and went until the sun greeted everyone with the announcement if a new day. Micah would have been gone already under normal cercomstances but he let Elitariel sleep as long as she was able.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 6:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel woke with a start, sitting up in the bed, heart racing. It startled Meldiron so much that he leapt off the bed and hissed. The elf slowed down her breathing and muttered, "Not again!" She slammed her fists into the mattress before getting up and changed. Maybe it was just a coincidence that the dreams happened a second night in a row. Maybe the new travels were messing with her body.

She grabbed the supplies, slung them over her shoulder and headed down the inn stairs. Meldiron padded along behind her, always a few stairs behind. He was still learning how to use stairs, obvious by his trips every now and then. Elitariel rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes before setting them on Micah. He sure was working hard. Had he woken up early? Had she been asleep for very long?

Striding over to one of the fixed windows, the elf looked outside. There was obvious destruction from last night's storm. Trees branches were all over, there was flooding, bark torn off of trees. But the sky was beautiful and blue as ever.

She sat at a table directly behind Micah before greeting him with a warm smile, resting her chin on her hand. "Beautiful morning, is it not?"

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 8:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah turned around at the sound of Elitariel's voice. "It certainly is." He stopped his task and lay his tools down. Walking over to the table he took a seat accross from her and sat down with a sigh.

"Did you sleep well?"

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:05 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

A look of concern and frustration came upon Elitariel's face. "Micah, I had those dreams again..."

She seemed exhausted. There were dark bags under her hazel eyes and her hair was a mess. Not much sleep came with these strange visions.

A mouse scuttled across the floor that moment, and Meldiron set out on chasing it. He would skid on the floor pulling sharp corners, and bump into chairs and tables. Elitariel watched the scene go on a bit before turning again to Micah. "It was the same thing. Darkness everywhere, suffocating me." Her hands trembled at the slightest.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah reached out and places his hands on hers and looked in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I thought a real bed would help you sleep better. Perhaps the elves in Rivendel can help you?"

He was concerned about Elitariel. She could only go with such little sleep for so long before she succumbed to exhaustion.

He glanced over at Meldiron and back at Elitariel. Even the cub's display didn't seem to beighten her spirit's much.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:58 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Glancing at his hand on hers, she smiled. A small one, but it was still a smile. "I have to have faith that the elves there will be able to help." A loud crash brought her attention over to the side of the Inn. Meldiron, chasing the mouse, had run right into a stand holding a steel plating with bowls of food. Elitariel quickly looked at Micah and whispered hastily, "Maybe we should head out soon..." The Innkeeper had just walked back to the bar and was examining the situation.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 10:44 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

He wasn't sure what else to say. He wished there was something more he could offer her. But as she said, surely the elves in Rivendel would be able to help.

Micah looked up at the crash and nodded in agreement to Elitariel's suggestion. He got up from his seat and walked hastily over to the scene of the accident. The inn keeper wasn't happy but he had been very pleased with Micah's work and Micah even worked an hour longer than they had agreed.

"I'll let it go this time," the man told them. "But from now on keep that thing contained."

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 10:47 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel swiftly moved over to the scene, bending down to pick up Meldiron. "I-I'm so sorry, sir. It won't happen again..." As she lifted the cub up, she gave him an angry, motherly glare. She brushed bread crumbs off of his head and used her down to dab at the spilled onion soup on his paw.

Opening up the door, she now saw the destruction from last night even more. "I hope this doesn't slow us down at all..." She used her free hand to lift the bottom of her dress up so it wouldn't drag in the flooded grass. It was a nice day, but there was still a chill in the wind.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 11:37 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

As they stepped outside and around the debries people were already out and about trying to clean up the mess. "I don't think it will slow us down too much," Micah answered. "Once we reach the shire we will probably be able to find a cart to give us a ride. The hobbits up by needle hole are generally welcoming enough to give strangers a ride."

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 5:11 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"The hobbits?", Elitariel piped up excitedly. "We're going through the Shire?" She felt like a little girl. She heard all about the rolling, beautiful green hills, and the unbeatable hospitality of the hobbits. And the food. All the food.

She watched as people picked up debris and cautiously stepped out onto the path. The dirt was soft and wet, and she could feel her moccasins slowly sinking. "Egh, let's hope we don't hit another storm like that again while we're out..."

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 6:29 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah nodded and smiled at Elitariel's excitement over seeing Hobbits, no doubt for the first time. That excitement of new things was what had drawn him to adventuring in the first place.

"Let's hope so," Micah agreed. It would be no good having to deal with weather like that out in the woods. Not that Micah hadn't done it... But it was never any fun.

As they made their way out of town Micah unrolled a map for a brief moment just to gain his direction. Then kept on walking. It would be a while before they reached the shire but there was no shortcuts from here on out. As much as Micah prefered to cut cross country and keep off the roads, the mountains made that auite impossible sometimes. There were bridges over deep ravines, passes through peaks, and all had to lead the great bridge over the river just before entering into the boarder of the shire.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 8:15 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

After leaving behind remnants of the storm, Elitariel let Meldiron walk between them for their journey. "Micah.." she looked over to him, "these visions are starting to scare me. I'm afraid it may be some sort of premonition." She took in her new surroundings, eyes wide in awe.

She knelt by a stream that crossed their path. Feeling the cold water rush through her fingers, she cupped her hands together to gather some water. Meldiron decided to prance over and dip his face in the water. The elf stood back up with the water in her hands and walked back to Micah. Staring intently at the liquid, it began to glow that faint purple color. It began swirling, and swirling, until it suddenly stopped. The purple glow faded and what was left was a solid chunk of ice. She held it up to the sun, the light making it shine like crystal. Elitariel smiled in her success.

PostPosted: October 27th, 2015, 8:53 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"If you ever need me I am here," Micah told her. "I may not be able to explain these dreams to you but if they are some sort of premenition I will be by your side and help you through whatever comes. With the wisdom of the elves at Rivendel and once you master your abilities I am sure things will get clearer."

Micah stopped as they came up to the streem and he too refreshed himself. He took a drink and filled the canteens. When Elitariel walked back over to him with her hands cupped full of water he wondered... Until he saw the purple glow. Then, he watched. He was amazed at the results and smiled with a nod of approval.

He gave Elitariel a gentle pat on the shoulder. "I knew you would get the hang of it."

PostPosted: October 28th, 2015, 7:30 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

She lowered the chunk of ice in her hand and observed it. It really was amazing what she could do with her powers. No one else seemed to have the same abilities as she did, and she smiled, knowing it made her unique. But then she thought, Who else has these dark visions? Is it just me? Loosing her focus on the ice, it suddenly turned to water again and fell to the ground in a puddle. Elitariel made a frustrated grunt and wiped her wet hand on the side of her gown.

"I just can't seem to keep my focus now!"

Meldiron saw the puddle of water and pounced excitedly towards it. He splashed and played in the water like a little kitten. Getting impatient with herself, she asked, "How much longer until we arrive in the Shire?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next