Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: LOTR ONLINE
PostPosted: December 7th, 2012, 8:59 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

Freya Baggins wrote:
Dire wrote:
Feleciano Vargas wrote:
I really want to play. I just made an account, but my stupid Mac won't let me download the software, so I hafta do it on our laptop instead. Hopefully I'll get on soon. :)

^ This

If you look on the site, it will not run on macs, never has, never will. :/ It was a coding decision.

I have a Mac that runs Windows 7(Bootcamp). Basically two hard drives on one computer, one being the Mac(default), the other Windows 7(had to install it). That way I can play LotRo on my Mac.

I know I gave a list which is higher on this page, but I've deleted most of those characters. I still have Eonera on the Dwarrowdelf server. Level 47 Champion.

And I suckered in and have bought several quest packs(I have most of Middle-Earth unlocked for me. I think the only thing I don't have is Mirkwood and Isengard). I want to be able to travel Middle-Earth! But other than that I'm a f2p character. No vip.

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: September 20th, 2014, 6:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Does anyone here still play LOTRO?
I could use some adventure buddies on Laurelin server. I am still a fairly young Hunter on that server.

I originally started playing on Imladris... 3 or 4 years ago. I still have a lvl 80-something Captain on that server but it's pretty dead and greedy over there. :/

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 3:39 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I still play! I'm on the (slowly dying) Dwarrowdelf server with a level 90-something Champion. But I'd join you on a different server to go adventuring! Is Laurelin a more active server? Heh, though we'd have to figure out a time when we could both get on. And I'd be starting all over again. I don't mind, though! Just don't know what I'd go for!

Edit:
I also laugh at the posts from 2 years ago on this thread. Saying it's not for Mac and never will be, considering a year ago it came out for Mac!

PostPosted: September 21st, 2014, 10:34 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

lol. Right? XD I know how you feel. I just started all over again here as well. It's annoying and yet... Kind of nice. I was able to recreate my character as she developed on my original server. Now she is the right class and everything. Haha.
Apparently you can contact Turbine and have characters switched to different servers if you don't want to start over. Not exactily sure how but that is what I was told when I restarted on Laurelin. XD

But yes, Laurelin is still a very active server. :) It's the main RP server so a lot of people hang out in Bree. It's really the main hub for RP, but with World Chat people are able to call for help a lot easier. Haha.
There is also a private user chat on the server, The Arda Channel (http://laurelinarchives.org/node/12497), purely dedicated to Tolkien. Every Thurs is Tolkien Reading Day. It's so awesome!! :3

If you do decide to switch servers, we'll defiantly have to figure out times to play. Sadly my work schedule is pretty sporadic a lot of the time, but I get my shifts week by week. So we can try and plan it out as best we can. :)

PostPosted: September 24th, 2014, 10:27 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

But I'm part of a cool kinship on the server I'm on. I think I shall just start over!

The best way for us to meet up is giving each other character names and adding them as friends and just waiting for each other to get on I guess, lol! When I make a new character, I shall let you know their name!

PostPosted: September 24th, 2014, 10:49 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I know the feeling. :lol: Awesome though. ^_^ I will keep my eye out for your character name. :teehee:
You will usually catch me online as, Vorrothiel. :)

PostPosted: September 24th, 2014, 10:53 pm 
Lady of Strife
Lady of Strife

I'm actually on with my new character right now. I'm Eonerawyn. Level 1 at the moment, lol!

PostPosted: December 1st, 2014, 6:58 am 
Dwarf at Heart
Dwarf at Heart

Rinoa Amarth wrote:
Does anyone here still play LOTRO?
I could use some adventure buddies on Laurelin server. I am still a fairly young Hunter on that server.

I originally started playing on Imladris... 3 or 4 years ago. I still have a lvl 80-something Captain on that server but it's pretty dead and greedy over there. :/

Oh, I have five toons on Imladris. I started there. My main is a lv 94 champ. I have none on Laurelin though, but, I got toons on Nimrodel, Brandywine and Arkenstone.

He saw there mirrored bright and fair

♥In a poly relationship with Kili and Tauriel♥

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 1st, 2015, 3:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

It's been forever since I have been on but anyone here have toons on Gladen?

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 3:04 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I do! Haha I haven't been on in about a month, I keep meaning to get back on but just haven't had much time. I haven't even reached the last lvl cap lol

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2015, 3:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol.... I have NEVER reached the level cap. Never had that much time to play.

I have not been on for many months for the same reason. Everytime I think about getting on I have a hundred other things pop into my head that I have to do and I'm like... "Oh well... forget that idea."

It's not like the forum here where you can do a little bit here and there between checking e-mails and other such things.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2015, 12:45 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I love this game but I hate the lag that ruins the fun of the experience through the game itself. I have atleast one level 100 toon who is in Minas Tirith right now. I got a Guardian in the Trollshaws, another champion...a Lore Master at lvl 92 i think...a Hunter and a Captain.

You can find me on Imladris...but I'll be moving to Arkenstone once the transfer is ready.

So if you happen to be on that server, You can either find me on Berenhir, Berenvorn, Spartacus, GeneralBombadils and theres two other toons I can't remember now cause I don't play them as often...

Profile           YIM        

PostPosted: November 1st, 2015, 5:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Cool! Ibalways wondered what Minis Torith was going to be like. I have never got there thiugh.

The lag is bad, but a lot depends onbyour PC and server I think. I was on Elendilmir and never had much lag but the server load was light. I moved to Gladen which has a heavier load and now I get lag sometimes. But I also have a pretty good gaming laptop.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2015, 7:18 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

The game runs fine usually on my laptop...I tried to play it on my PC but every time I tried, the PC would restart itself...oddly...so I've been updating my PC with updates.

Profile           YIM        

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2015, 8:46 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Hm... Not sure what would cause it to totally restart. But I am no computer wiz either! At least it runs on your laptop.

Gosh... Now I want to go home and play it but I know I won't have time. I've got too many things waiting for me to be done.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2015, 2:35 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

So I tested out the game on my PC after i've installed the updates and same thing is happening. I'm on the game for a few mins and the PC crashes...

Profile           YIM        

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next