Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reborn
PostPosted: November 12th, 2015, 10:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah wraped his arms gently around Elitariel. Unsure what more to say to comfort her as she seemingly crumpled in his arms. He held her firm and rubbed his hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry," he assured her. "We can cut cross country easy enough. We will figure this out."

Again he wasn't sure what to say. He simply held her tight and places a hand on her head as she laid it on his chest.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 13th, 2015, 3:07 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel stayed there for a few moments longer, taking in the comfort and feeling of safety. It was all a nightmare to her. She was hesitant now to be around others, unknown to what her abilities could do.

Lifting her head, she looked up at Micah and smiled the best she could through this terrible situation. Her eyes were still misty, but showed true admiration and gratitude. "Thank you, Micah, for sticking with me." The elf placed a soft kiss on his cheek before squatting down and picking up Meldiron.

"Ready whenever you are." Elitariel shifted the cub to one arm and used the other to throw her bag around her shoulder.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2015, 7:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micah was about to respond when Elitariel kissed his cheek. At this his words were silenced and his demeanor less composed. He adjusted his sword on his belt and with a nod replied. "We had better get going." He glanced back at the crowd that had only started to dissipate. His composure came back amd his face became battle ready once more, though he tried to hide it from Elitariel.

As they began their walk down the road Micah glanced over at Elitariel as they travled. Finally he spoke. "I've been left before... By someone Just when I needed them."

At this point he stopped and looked deep into Elitariel's eyes. "I will never leave you. You gave me an adventure and a chance to do a good deed when this started... But it's more than that now. You are a good friend and I do care for you. I would never abandone a friend and companion."

PostPosted: November 16th, 2015, 4:25 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

A bright smile broke onto the elf's porcelain face. Micah was a true friend, someone she could trust with her life now. He could have abandoned her back when she accidentally killed the hobbit, but he chose to stay by her side. That brought real happiness to her.

Elitariel placed a light hand on his arm and replied, "Likewise. You have proven who you really are, and you have such a caring soul. Never will I leave you as you have been abandoned before. Guren glassui, mellon. Thank you from my heart, friend."

The setting sun cast a glow to her face as she spoke, almost as if she were glowing herself. This was the first person she had ever brought herself to fully trust. Maybe it was a good thing she was cast away from her home so she could meet Micah.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2015, 9:38 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah smiled at her words, glad to see a little composure back in her face. "What are friends for?" He replied to her thanks. Not to shove it off but to divert the attention from himself.
"And I will greatly cherish that companionship." He added.

As the setting sun cast it's vibrant glow on her face Micah seemed to loose track of their current goal. He couldn't remember the last time he felt a close bond with another... Or rather he didn't want to. His head told him to be wary but his heart told him that Elitariel was not like others and that she trully meant she would not abandone him as others had.

Either way, he knew his commitment. Elitariel needed someone to acompany her and he would do that to th bitter end.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2015, 1:51 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Meldiron, as the growing cub he was, walked along the line of trees as the two started down the leaf covered path. Every now and then the cub would jump into the brush as if to catch a rodent, but came out empty mouthed.

"Rivendell.." Elitariel said quietly, almost to herself. Hopefully the elves there had answers about her recurring nightmares. And even better, maybe they can fix the problem. "About how far away are we now? I hope I didn't put us off our path too far..." She shyly looked to the ground, hating to bring up even in passing what had happened earlier.

The elf lifted her head back up and looked to the darkening sky. This night they would have stayed in a warm, comfortable Inn, but instead will be sleeping outside with nature and the cool wind. Meldiron pounced into the trees again and returned a few moments later. The cub proudly walked up to the two, chest out, shoulders back, and carrying three rabbits in his mouth. "Looks like this will be our dinner tonight!"

PostPosted: November 18th, 2015, 3:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah glanced over as Elitariel mumbled her word. He didn't quite catch what she said at first then once her question followed he understood.

"A couple days through the Shire if we walk the entire way," Micah started. "A four or five days through Bree Land... Probably six if we spend a day in Bree Town and re-supply. Probably another 9-10 days through the lone lands, trollshaws and into Rivendel... But you can never count to closely on those figures."

After he finished Meldiron jumped out with his rabbits. Micah nodded aprovingly. "Looks like this little guy is going to turn out to be quite the hunter."

PostPosted: November 29th, 2015, 10:01 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

( I am SO sorry it has taken a while to get back. Things have been pretty busy lately :/ )

Elitariel chuckled as she ruffled the little cub's head. Meldiron let out a grunt of approval and nuzzled against her leg, the rabbits hanging losely from it's mouth. "I suppose we should set up camp soon?" The elf looked to the sky and watched as the sun slowly met the horizon. It had been a long day. A long, rough day. The stress and emotion from earlier was catching up to her. Muscles in her body were aching and her eyelids never felt so heavy. Elitariel prayed to Valar that she could get a good night's rest this evening.

She raised a hand over her eyes to shield from the setting sun's rays, and squinted her hazel eyes. A few hundred yards away, there was a small cave that was carved into the side of a cliff. The top of the cliff jutted out, providing even better shelter and protection from weather. "It seems there is a nice stop up there for the night." Elitariel pointed ahead of them, through a thin line of trees. A roll of thunder sounded briefly, soft and gently. It seemed to be a good way aways.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2015, 10:36 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

(Hey, no worries. I know all too well how life gets from time to time. Good to see you back, though. :) )

Micah nodded in agreement. "Yes, it's getting late." He too looked around, but hadn't yet spotted the cave when Elitariel pointed it out. "That will do perfectly. Let me just check in the back first, however, to be sure something else doesn't call it home."

Micah drew his sword as they approached the cave. He looked around the mouth. There were no signs of large animals frequenting the area but that was never a sure sign. He knelled down to start a small fire. He wanted a torch before delving deeper. He had no idea how deep the cave went.

At that point he remembered Elitariel was an elf... not that he had forgotten... but he had not considered that she could probably see a good distance into the dark of the cave.

"Do you see anything in the dark of the cave?" he asked.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2015, 6:13 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel stepped up lightly to the mouth of the cave. A cool, crisp breeze floated out of the shelter, pushing wisps of hair behind her pointed ears. Squinting her hazel eyes, she focused into the back of the cave. After a few moments of silence, she relaxed and said, "I do not see anything that should make us worry tonight. A few bats hanging on the ceiling but they should not bother. The back of the cave takes a slight turn that I cannot see past, but it is very doubtful any harmful creatures are back there."

The elf took the traveling pack off her shoulder and laid it on the firm cold ground near the mouth of the cave. Meldiron followed with the rabbits still hanging from his mouth. She shuffled through her pack until she found cooking supplies. Elitariel pulled out a knife, some seasonings, a small pot and two small plates. Another breeze came from the cave, making Meldiron's hair stand. The elf eyed the back of the cave cautiously, shrugging it off.

Standing up, she took the small pot in one hand. "Figured we can make some soup from those rabbits. Seems it'll be a chilly night. You can prepare the rabbit while I go get some fresh water. I can just barely hear a stream not too far away from here." She smiled before turning around and heading to the west to fetch water.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2015, 11:02 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah nodded... But as she mentioned the curve at the back of the cave he immediately became uncomfortable. His sword remained out and in hand. He got the fire going and kept the torch nearby.

He was going to say something but Elitariel was already heading off to fetch water. "Be careful," he called after her. "You never know..."

He glanced back to the cave. He kept one eye on Elitariel as long as he could see her and one eye on the cave at all times as he began preparing the rabbits.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2015, 9:27 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel hummed to herself as she walked through the woods to fetch some water. The sound of the stream was getting louder, meaning the water supply was not too far away now. Finally, after pushing back many tree branches and walking through shrubs, the elf found the stream. The water was perfectly clear and crisp. Pulling up the ends of her gown, she knelt down by the water and hummed to herself the elven song her mother used to sing her while gathering the water.

Thirty minutes had passed, turning into forty, into an hour. That hour turned into two, and Elitariel had not yet returned to camp. It was now dark and all the creatures of the night were out. Owls were hooting and glimpses of coyote eyes could be seen by the reflecting moon.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2015, 1:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah had the fire blazing by the time Elitariel should have been back. He waited a bit longer but he had a bad feeling about this place ever since they had stopped. Before long he took out to be sure she was not in trouble. Trouble, there was, however. Elitariel was no where to be found.

"Elitariel!" Micah called out at the top of his lungs. "Elitariel!"

He looked around but nothing. He tried to see if Meldiron had followed her or if he was still around.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2015, 9:33 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel stepped out from behind a tree, pan full of water in her hands. Her eyes were on the ground when she met Micah. An emotionless look was on her face as she replied dully, "I am here, Micah." Meldiron appeared from around the corner, nuzzling his newly found owner.

The moon shone through cracks in the clouds, making a light appear on her face. She said nothing else, only stepped forward towards Micah, looking at the water in the pan.

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2015, 10:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micah approached cautiously, not knowing wjether something had happened, whether she was startled or shocked. Had her powers done something again?

"Elitariel?" He asked, trying to look at her eyes. "Are you alright? You have been gone for hours, what happened?"

PostPosted: December 6th, 2015, 1:55 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Elitariel opened her mouth to speak, then closed it, unsure on what to say. Her hazel eyes were still fixed on the ground. Realizing they still had to walk back to the cave, she started back tracing her steps. Luckily, the moon was bright tonight and it was easy for her to remember certain landmarks.

After another silent moment, Elitariel finally spoke in a calm, but cautious voice, "I-I ran into someone while getting water. Well, it was more they came upon me." She eyed the pan of water. "I was testing out my abilities while doing it. I thought I'd try getting the water in the pain without actually putting the pan into the stream. It worked for a little bit actually.." She chuckled just the slightest, "..the water came up and out and into the pan like a stream in midair, but then it just formed to ice and fell. That was when they stepped out from the bush. A man." The elf thought a second about his appearance, very tall and clothed in a dark cloak. He spoke in a smooth, mysterious voice to her. "I thought it strange that another person would be out this late, and at the very spot I was. H-he told me things...." She stopped for moment, gathering her thought. "Things that made me think...things I've never heard before..."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next