Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 4:07 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hello,
I'm new here to the forums (but not A-U) so I thought I'd try starting an rp...anyone interested.....? Anyone at all??

Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 5:34 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Sure Melanie! What do you have in mind?

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 5:38 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hey! :D Great to see you on the forum. Have you just visited the website regularly or are you a tag user? (if you don't mind me asking)

I'm always up for a good RP. :D I'd be interested in hearing what you have in mind as well.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 6:59 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hey guys!
I'm so glad that you are interested in the rp. :)
I was thinking of starting an rp based off of the movie 'Push'...(ever heard of it?) Anyways, I was thinking that there could be a group of people who have mind powers and are looking for a way to break out of a company they are being forced to work to...? This idea is SUPER general, I know, but I think it could be fun.
@Jax: No, I don't mind you asking at all. I used/use the Tag, but have never ventured to the forum up till now..

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 8:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I have not heard of the movie push but the idea is broad enough I could play along no problem I think.

Breaking out of somewhere is always good. A few ideas are in my mind already.

Gotcha. I used to frequent tag but i was never on enough to keep up really. I always found the forum a little simpler for my mind because I could go back to a post from two or three days ago and reply etc... Tag was a lot of fun at times, though.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2017, 9:34 pm 
Ent
Ent

The film came out in the early 2000s'? Anyways, it's such a good film with an amazing concept behind it. But yes, do share your ideas!

I likewise was on the Tag in....again probably the early 2000s'....and I've had some really awesome rps, and I've made a few friends too, which is a great plus. :) But yeah, I think I will start to like the forums maybe a tad bit more than the Tag, for the same reason you made.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 12:18 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That's cool. :D You should see if your friends could come join the forum as well and maybe we could get a larger RP going. :D

Well, have you ever heard of the Pretender? It was a TV show quite some years back about a genius boy who was captured and forced to serve "Work for" this organization in all kinds of capacities because he could literally do almost ANY profession due to his high IQ

So my mind goes to that sort of thing. We are forced to work (maybe for a government agency ) due to our abilities. Then of course after we broke out they would try and hunt us down and we would have to find a way to make it in the real world while staying under the radar or not being found etc...

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 8:10 am 
Ent
Ent

That is a good idea....perhaps I'll go and recruit some people today! :)
No, I haven't heard of that show....it sounds very good though, and it goes well with the concept that I had in mind. Let's go for it!

PostPosted: February 13th, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Sounds good to me. :D (on both accounts!)

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 12:05 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Jax Nova wrote:
Well, have you ever heard of the Pretender? It was a TV show quite some years back about a genius boy who was captured and forced to serve "Work for" this organization in all kinds of capacities because he could literally do almost ANY profession due to his high IQ

That was the show with Michael T Weiss as 'Jarod'? I loved that show and watched every episode, and the 'closer' TV movie that made after it was cancelled. I was a fan of the evil Miss Parker....

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 11:50 am 
Ent
Ent

(*looks up the show*) Oooh...this looks amazing! I may have just found a new show to watch in my spare time. (All thanks to you guys, of course.)
Well, I asked a few of my friends, and they said they would try to be on, but they said it may not happen just because life is busy. So, I guess I'll just start us off then?
-----------------------

Riley had been working for Evolutionary Intelligence ever since the CEO found out that she had telekinetic abilities. Well, only one ability, but still. It seemed to her that she was the prime resource for many of their....'meetings', if you want to call it that. These 'meetings' took place in an ordinary conference room, with huge windows overlooking the streets of Manhattan. The clients would come in and began to discuss their problem with Henry Dallas-the CEO- before Riley would walk in and take her place next to him with the ruse of taking notes. After listening to their problems, Henry would give them a few solutions then name the price. "Give me 30% of your profits.", "All we ask is for executive power over your company.", or "Eliminate the president of your company." were just a few examples of the price Henry would request. Of course anyone would be baffled by these requests, but thanks to Riley, Henry usually got what he wanted. Right after Henry would speak, Riley would stare into the clients' eyes and 'push' thoughts-the requests-into their minds. 99% of the time it would work, and the clients' would easily accept, then leave. After a few weeks, Henry would get what he needed then move on to the next client.
It was a vicious cycle, and although Riley wanted desperately to leave she knew that if she did something terrible would happen. If not to her, then to someone she loved. For not long ago, one of the girls who could see glimpses of the future through visions attempted to shed light on the CEO and the E.I.. But after she had made a few calls to the media, she disappeared without a word.
A shudder ran through Riley's body as she thought about the unfortunate end of that girl. It wasn't right what they were being forced to do, and perhaps the end of Evolutionary Intelligence was near....

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

@ Hanasian Yup, that'd be it! :D

@ Melanie It really was an entertaining show. I would recommend it.

Jaxson Paxton had lived a simple life with a good family out in the country on a family farm. All that changed when Evolutionary Intelligence got involved. The young man was only ninteen years old, just getting ready to start taking over the farm from his father who wanted to reture, when the CEO of I.E approached him personally. At first it was a "Job offer"

After thinking it over Jaxson refused.Then it turned to threats. The next thing Jaxson knew he came in to find his family dead in their home and when the cops showed up somehow all the evidence pointed to him! He couldn't believe what was going on, nor did he understand. That was, until the CEO of I.E showed up in his prison cell. The man must have been in good with the authorities because he wanted to "use prisoners" to test products on. Despite Jaxson's objections the prison warden sent him with I.E anyways. They climbed in a car and everything went black.

Jaxson woke slowly, head pounding and everything still black.

"You should have accepted my offer." It was Henry's voice.

"What do you want from me?!" Jaxson demanded. He tried to sit up, but he was strapped to a bed. He struggled, but it was no good.

Henry just sighed. "Jaxson! You don't understand just how special you are! With a few procedures you have the ability to use your mind in a way that others like myself could only dream of! I would do it to myself if I had the potential, but I don't... You have the potential, Jaxson. When we are done with you, your mind will have powers beyond anything you could imagine."

Jaxson had no idea what the man was rambling about. A gentle hum of an electric motor started up and suddenly a sharp pain seared into his skull. Jaxson screamed and then... it all went black yet again.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 10:26 pm 
Ent
Ent

It was in the middle of the day when Riley received a text message and when she pulled out her phone a shiver went down the back of her neck.
"We have a new member." -Henry
As she read the text, she was filled with horror at it's meaning.
"Come at once, dear." -Henry
Riley gasped audibly and she quickly replied.
"Yes, sir. I will be there momentarily."
She quickly put on her black heels-the kind that Henry liked her wearing when she inducted the new members-then ran to the elevator. As she descended to the basement, all she could hear was her own rapid heartbeat. She swallowed nervously then straightened her outfit and applied some red lipstick-again to Henrys' liking- and walked out.
Riley walked quickly down the dark hallway to the room where they normally brought the new members.
She knocked, then entered to find the 'member' strapped to a bed and unconscious.
Henry walked in behind her carrying a large water bottle. He smiled then winked as he walked past Riley, then opened the bottle and poured its' contents over his face.
"Wake up, son. Time to see what you can do!"

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 5:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson jerked with a start as the sensation of cold water poured over his face. He would have sat up, and he tried, but he was met with strong resistance as he once again jerked at the bonds that held him to the bed.

At first he had forgot what had happened and assumed he was the innocent victim of another prison "prank" but upon opening his eyes he saw Henry... that man. He glared, then noticed the young women beside Henry. His gaze softened a bit. She seemed almost as distrought as him at the moment.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2017, 7:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Henry chuckled as he was met with a cold stare from the kid, and when he saw the way the boy looked at her, he laughed even harder.
"Tough luck, kid, isn't it?" His voice held a bitter note, even as he addressed Riley.
"Start him at a...." he glanced back at the boy, then back to her and shrugged. "9."
Riley's eyes widened in shock at the number.
"But sir-"
"Do it."
Still taken aback from what she was told to do, she hesitantly made eye contact with the young man.
I'm sorry for what I'm about to do. Although she didn't speak these words, they rang out clear inside her mind then traveled into his.
As she gazed into his eyes, her pupils dilated all the way until the ring of brown around her eyes were filled in with an inky black color.
Kill these men, but do not cause them to bleed.
As she pushed this thought into the mans' mind, three boys from the juvinile detention center nearby walked in with their hands bound and their mouths gagged.
They looked scared to death.
As did Riley.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2017, 12:24 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson looked in confusion at first, then wonder... then a hard scowl returned to his facebas he hollored. "Get out of my head!" When he hollored a force field of energy... or something, enveloped him like a body suit. It seemed impenetrable to objects as well as Riley's mind probe.

Jaxson's face returned to that of confusion as he glanced around with hollow eyes. He didn't understand what or how he was doing this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next