Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Telekinesis-inspired rp
PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 8:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley glanced up at him as they walked through the aisles towards the door.
"Yes. That wouldn't have been very good to be caught by her."
A nervous laugh escaped her lips as she opened the door.
"Unfortunately."
She said as she walked onto the busy street then hailed a cab. Once the cab pulled next to the curb, Riley reached into her pockets to pull out her wallet when she realized that she left it in her soiled clothes.
She rolled her eyes then looked up at Jaxson and muttered.
"I left my wallet in my old clothes.....can you stall him for a minute?"
Her voice held an annoyed tone as the cab driver yelled at them to get in the car.
After Jaxson nodded, Riley began to walk casually down the street towards an expensive looking hotel. She saw a man walking out wearing a tux and a very expensive watch, so she walked up to him, holding her stomach.
"E-e-excuse me sir, but....I....I don't have anywhere to go and my boyfriend left me because we found out that I was pregnant. Please....is there any way you can help me?"
The man stared at her indignantly and was about to wave her off when she focused on his eyes and pushed her thoughts into his.
You will give me $2,000 for charity.
The man's eyes went dark and he furrowed his brows in concern then quickly fumbled with his wallet and pulled out the amount in cash.
Riley quickly pocketed the money, then released her hold on him, and when she did, the man shooed her away and got into a limo then drove off.
Riley walked back to the cab and got in. A mischievous smile perched itself on her face.
"Driver, take us to Ithaca." She caught the drivers astounded glare.
"Please? I have cash."
The driver then pushed the button on his meter and began to drive.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 9:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson nodded and watched Riley walk down the street. At first he assumed she would go back for her wallet, instead she headed towards a hotel.

"What's the hold up?" The cab driver fussed.

"Just a minute," Jaxson persuaded. "I promise, we'll be ready soon."

"Time is money, guy!" he replied.

"I know," Jaxson said. "She won't be long." He hopped that was true. Sure enough, a short while later she returned. He had turned towards the cab driver when the man gave her the money so he wasn't entirely sure what she had done.

He looked over to her as they started off down the road. "That guy just gave you cash?" he asked quietly, then he realized what he was asking and who he was asking. "Oh... right. I forgot." He grinned with a small bit of embarrassment at his question.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:02 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley buckled her seat belt and leaned back, then looked at Jaxson and smiled.
"Well, I did have to....persuade him. I told him it was for 'charity'." She let out a breath, then glanced down at her hands.
"It's not something I like to do....but....we needed the money." Her voice carried a hint of guilt that she felt, then she looked up at the headrest in front of her.
"I...I'll pay him back."
She began to get lost in her thoughts, then she snapped out of it.
So Jaxson, where are you from?
She looked up at him with her left eye slightly hidden behind her long auburn hair.
The ride will be a while, so...we might as well try and get to know each other.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:07 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Jaxson felt bad, seeing her feel guilty over the ordeal.

"It's fine... like you said we do need the cash. It's kind of a life or death situation. Don't feel bad."

There was a short silence, broken when Riley asked where he was from. "Me? Grew up in Montana. My parents had moved to New York and purchased some property to try and farm. I've only been here about six months. Honestly it's all still pretty foreign to me." He looked over at her, his eyes meeting hers... mostly, as her hair fell slightly in front of her face. "What about you?"

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley stuck her hands in her pockets as she listened to Jaxson. A weight seemed to burden her as he inquired about her life.
"I...."She glanced down at the space between them. "My family lived in Vermont for a while....then we had to move here because...." her gaze shifted to his feet then she continued. "...well, because of him." Her eyes met his, and for a brief moment, sadness and fear flashed through her eyes.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 10:52 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"I'm... I'm so sorry," Jaxson said. He felt horrible for her. He had hardly been endured much from Henry and what he did was bad enough. He shuddered to think of what Riley had been through because of that man. "I shouldn't have brought it up." He forced a small smile. "You're away from him now, though. Maybe it's a new beginning."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:01 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley took a quick breath as she looked away from him, but after a moment, she shifted in her seat and looked back at him.
"It's alright." She shrugged. "There's no need to apologize. I was the one who brought it up in the first place, so....it's okay. "
As she looked into his eyes, she began to feel hope rise within her.
"I hope that's the case." She shut her eyes and leaned her head back against the headrest, then continued.
"It's been so long since I've had freedom, so....it will be nice for a change. "

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Well, we're going to make sure it's a permanent change," he said, trying to sound confident. He gazed ahead as the cab driver drove. He glanced over at Riley as she lay with her head back and eyes closed. After a moment he said, "I still feel like I should apologize for... earlier when we met. I also should say thank you. You basically saved my life."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:29 pm 
Ent
Ent

The corner of Riley's mouth lifted into a small smile and her eyes started to water as she listened to his declaration. A comfortable silence passed between them, and when Jaxson spoke, she looked at him.
"It's okay. Really." Tears threatened to spill down her cheeks as she thought of what had happened this morning. She swallowed then composed herself before continuing.
"You're....you're welcome. I didn't want you to have to suffer the way..." Riley paused and looked away from Jaxson as memories from the past year flooded her mind. A few tears began to slowly fall down her cheeks and drip onto her lilac hoodie. "I just wanted to help you is all...."

PostPosted: February 21st, 2017, 11:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson reached over and started to put a hand on Riley's shoulder, then hesitated remembering her injury. "Well, thank you," he said once more, placing his hand arm ever so lightly. "I can't imagine the pain you saved me from. I want to make it up to you. Whatever it takes, now that you have this chance... Whatever you want to do with it I want to help you make it happen. Return the favor in some small portion."

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 12:24 am 
Ent
Ent

Riley glanced away from him and wiped away her tears with her fingers, then let out a fragile breath. As she stared off into space, she thought about what she wanted.
She wanted her family back and safe.
She wanted to break all those free who were under Henry's foot.
She looked up at Jaxson and spoke, her voice vulnerable and delicate.
"I just want a friend."

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 7:29 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson wanted to wipe her tears away, but he felt awkward. She turned and dried her tears. He smiled at her words. "I'm pretty sure I can arrange that. It's the least I can do. Besides, I have a feeling you are a wonderful person to get to know and I would end up being your friend whether you wanted it or not." He tried to lighten the mood a bit, though he was quite serious at the same time.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 1:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley bit her lip as she stared at the armrest in the front seat. She smiled as he mentioned being her friend, then looked up at him.
"Well, same here." A blush rose to her cheek, and she quickly looked down at her hands to hide it.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 2:08 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Thanks," Jaxson said. "I'be honestly never had many friends before, and the two I had are moved on." He too looked down for a moment. "So... I'd like to get to know you, like you suggested, but i don't want to ask questions that might bring up bad memories. So... what do you want to talk about?"

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 2:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Riley nodded in understanding as she saw the sadness in his eyes.
"Of course." She glanced down at her hands as she thought of what to ask him, then she looked back up at him.
"Ok, so....Jaxson....what are your favorite movies? Top....five...and it could be from any genre."

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2017, 6:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Jaxson thought for a moment. "Well I have always liked military or secret service type movies, like the Jason Bourne movies or Mission Impossible movies. I also really liked the movie Shooter. It's a little older but a good movie. Then I guess Edge of Tomorrow and the Jack Reacher movies." He paused just a moment. "But then I also really liked the movie Divergent and there is another movie called Inception... but I guess I am already a little ways over five." He gave a soft laugh. "I guess I like a lot of movies. What about you?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next