Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 4:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

"How very observant you are, sir."
Mariel spoke with hidden sarcasm, then took the last sip of her wine and placed it in the table before continuing.
"Oh, yes...you mean at the Mûmak and Keep?"
She smiled then flipped the braid in front of her shoulder and began to take it out as she continued.
"Yes, I did work there as well, for they were short staffed and needed some help."
She spoke confidently, but she hoped that he wouldn't find the real truth behind it.
After pausing a moment, she played with the ends of her long hair and gazed into his eyes.
"So tell me, sir..since you've seen my hair both ways, which do you prefer? Braided, or down?"
The alcohol was beginning to take a slight effect on Mariel as she started to become a bit more flirtatious.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 7:31 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian nodded at the name of the Mûmak and Keep. Now that she mentioned it, he realized he had seen her that one night as well. But I guess she may not wish to talk of the Silver Bark Tavern. Durian was fairly observant there, as he enjoyed the dancers, especially one who said she had escaped from Khand during the war. She was quite exotic to the men of the west, and she made the most of it. But there was another woman that night performing... Long blonde hair, playful innocent face..... Durian thought about that vision as the woman unbraided her hair. When she let it cascade down and spread it over her shoulders, Durian smiled. He remembered that night. She stopped at their table after she was done performing and had a drink with them. It was when Derak lost his coin bag. He was trying to remember the name she gave them that night, but they were a bit drunk and some things were hazy at best.

He looked the woman over as she smiled, and Durian said,

"I prefer it down, but for practical reasons I see why you braid it for travel. It has been a long time Marion."

He sipped his ale and gave her a slight wink as he sipped his ale.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 8:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel had not forgotten about their last meeting in tbe Silver Bark, but she was surprised that he remembered the false name he gave her. She smiled and had to hold back her laughter behind her hand, then leaned forward.
"Ah, so you do remember?" As she placed her elbows on the table she began to twirl a piece of her hair in between her delicate fingers.
"What was your name again?"

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 10:33 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durían laughed slightly as he watched her try and withhold a giggle. Buyt her nose crinkled slightly, giving it away. What name did he give her then? He looked over at the bar and saw Caira wiping a wine clean, andthen briefly to the glazier, then looked back at Marion and said,

"Kurn is the name you are looking for."

as his hand moved slightly. He lifted his flagon and tapped the edge of her wine glass slightly so a fine ring could be heard, and he said,

"It is good to finally sit and talk with you in a... shall we say, less distracting, place."

He had a slight grin on his face as he watched her fingers fondle the end of a lock of her hair.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 12:43 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel squinted her eyes slightly as she saw this man look around the room before giving her a name: Kurn. Her brows furrowed at this name. He didn't look like that name belonged to him. Oh well, she was also using her false name too, so they'd be even.
"Oh, yes...Kurn...I remember you and your very handsome friend. What was he doing at the Mûmak and Keep?" She bit her lower lip then raised her brows in false surprise.
"Oh yes, you were there to celebrate his wedding the next day? His stag party, right?"
She sighed then glanced off as she rested her chin in her hands.
"You know, its such a shame that he was taken."
Mariel then looked back into his eyes and smiled rather mischievously.
"But what of you? I see no ring yet? Have you not found anyone?"

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 6:04 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durían smirked as he sipped his flagon, he said,

"Derak was the good looking one. The ladies all swooned over him. I will admit taking advantage of the broken hearts he left in his wake. And how Lissain managed to tame his heart, I know not. But he is happy, and I am happy for him. Unlike Derak though, I am in no hurry."

He lifted his eyebrows as he looked at her playful face and drained his flagon. He said as he glanced at Caira, who was already there with another, taking his empty from his hand,

"I find them as I need them."

he said as he gave Caira a nod and a smile to Marion.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 7:17 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel raised a brow and tilted her head slightly.
"Well how convenient for you."
She said after she watched Caira hand Kurn another flagon of ale in surprise. Apparently he could hold his alcohol.
"Hm..." she mused as she eyed him over.
"Well, sir. You may not have your friends' good looks, but I'd say the women fall at your feet from your charm and devilishness. But, that is merely an observation, to which I could be horribly wrong."

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 7:24 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Well, no, not really. I don't see you falling."

Durían said, enjoying the dance Marion's eyes were doing.

"What of you miss? You have nobody special?"

Durían didn't let on about his heart's desire. It was something he wished not to remember. He took a long draught from his flagon.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 10:44 am 
Ent
Ent

Mariel smiled broadly and giggled as she noticed the spark in his eyes.
"Well then, I suppose you'll just have to work on that, won't you?"
She said to him as she twirled a strand of blonde hair around her finger. Her thoughts began to turn into memories as he inquired about her love life, and for a brief moment, grief of a love once lost flashed across her striking green eyes. She was able to catch it and put on a flirtatious smile again.
"No, sir as of this moment, I have no one. But I do have my sights set nearby."

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 8:56 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian thought of the many ways he could work on that. He shifted himself a bit on the stool and suppressed a grin. He saw a passing thought slide through her mind, much like his just a moment before. He asked,

"So you are looking to settle down somewhere with someone around these parts? Is this 'someone' why you traveled her to this place?"

Durian then watched her fingers play with her hair.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

At the onstart of their conversation the old man leaned back in his chair and listened. The look on his face was odd, almost like he was day dreaming about their words in his head. He smiled as he tipped his chair to balance on the two back legs.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:24 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel paused for a moment as she thought of her answer, then she let her hair fall over her collarbone.
"Perhaps...but if this someone wished to travel, I would be willing to go with him." She smiled and gazed into his eyes then spoke in a soft, velvety voice.
"Aye, you could say that, sir."

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 9:53 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Kurn could be this someone, though he would like to know where the destination is. I suspect it would be these ruins of Midgewater?"

He looked at the old man who was rocking back in his chair before looking back to Marion. He nodded and thought to himself.
Pretty. Playful. Mischievous. Knows how to move. Not exactly trustworthy. Yeah, he could accompany her on travels.

Last edited by Hanasian on March 11th, 2017, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 10:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel arched her brow and smiled at him, then nodded and rested her hand deliberately and gently on the table before looking at the old man.
"So old man, when shall we begin this journey? I myself am feeling quite weary from my journey here, but name the day and I will rouse myself."
She tapped her fingers on the table and spared a glance at Durian as she yawned.
"Perhaps I shall retire for the night. I'll be in room 4, should the need arise."
Mariel stood then grabbed her bag and the key she was given then made her way to her room. Before opening the door, Mariel glanced back at Durian and flashed a playful smile, then turned the handle and walked in, leaving the door ajar.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 11:56 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian watched every step the woman took as she walked away. He liked what he saw. And if she can make those moves she did at the Silver Bark... well, he knew how flexible she was. Durian gave her a wink as she looked back at him before disappearing from sight, and Durian turned back to his flagon. The glazier chuckled as he sipped his water, and Durian asked him,

"So what do you think?"

The glazier shifted his gaze sidelong to the hall way and back to Durian as he began to hum a tune. That seemed to cause the marks on the windows he installed flare slightly as they did when he played. But he didn't say anything. Durian thought he knew what he was getting at though, so he said,

"Yeah, I know. Don't want to seem too eager. Let her relax a bit. Besides, I have this beer to finish."

He waved off Caira who motioned to him when he looked toward the bar, meaning he had enough. He sipped at the flagon and suddenly checked for his coin pouch. It was still secured to his belt and its contents intact. After some time, Durian stood and carried his empty flagon to the bar and handed it to Caira.

"I may have need for a bottle of wine. Have it delivered to room four shortly... with two glasses."

He lay down an old Arnorian silver coin before her and she scooped it up.

"Consider it done my friend."

Durian then headed for the hall, giving a nod to glazier.

"Goodnight my friend."

he said before coming to room one. He opened the door and went in. There, he secured his belongings and took out his light tan skin breeches and tunic and put them on. At least they didn't smell like the road. It wasn't long after that he heard Caira go down the hall and knock on #4. The door squeaked open a bit and Caira stepped back, saying,

"I'll just leave this outside the door."

She set the bottle and glasses down, and quickly retreated back up the hall, giving Durian a smile as he emerged from his room. Locking the door, he walked slowly down to number four....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 12:34 am 
Ent
Ent

After closing the door, Mariel leaned against it and smiled as she thought of what she was doing. Then she stood up stored her bag full of stolen items in a closet then began to change into her lilac colored nightgown. For although she acted with Durian, she genuinely was tired from her journey and sought respite.
After taking off her boots, she sat on the edge of the bed and ran her fingers through her hair and pinched her cheeks to bring a soft color to them. She then braided two small pieces of her hair and brought them together behind her head, then stood up and waited by the door.
He would be coming, that she was certain of.
A few minutes passed by before she heard a knock at the door. When she opened it and poked her head outside, she saw Caira quickly walking back up the hall and smiled and leaned against the doorframe as she locked eyes with Durian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next