Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 27th, 2024, 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 6:14 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Wulgov leaned back and sighed as he watched Athilda lean against the doorway. He would hold the vision of her doing just that in his head until such time another vision of her came before him. Wulgov knew it would be up to Dunhama as to whether he wanted to see him or not. That would come in time. Until then, yes, he could use a few more of those stiff drinks. Now if only Erkenbrand didn't demand much from him. He hoped the whole 'light duty by doctors orders' scheme would work with him. His leg was feeling much better, and it seemed rest was coming on. Wulgov nodded into sleep, thinking about Athilda.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 3:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

As she turned down the hall, she couldn't help but muse at the mans' expression he wore as she spoke to him before she left. Surely he wasn't....drawn to her, for he knew that Dunhama was in love with her, and she in him. Didn't he? Athilda blinked and shook her head as she pushed such thoughts away. Her mind began to wander to thoughts of Dunhama, and she hoped that she would be able to see him tonight after he finished training.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 5:37 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano road along side Erkenbrand and recounted his partnin the battle, but after finished he did not pause. "I have come to request a position in the King's army. I would fight for him in coming battles."

Erkenbrand smiled. "Your offer is admirable, boy... but according to what the healer says you will never walk again." He looked at Kano's bandaged feet.

"Hobble... perhaps," he admitted. "But no, not walk. That's why I would like to request for a position on horseback. I can still fight."

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 18th, 2017, 10:35 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Erkenbrand listened to the determination of the young man and thought he would be no good for the infantry, he realized after the account he had given and the words Dunhama said earlier, that he could still be a good horseman. Erkenbrand said,

"I think if you work on being able to walk some my lad, then you will be accepted I will put word in with Elfhelm, for he is the ranking captain of the horsemen reporting to the Eomer, Third... and only Marshal of the Mark. I think with your attitude and willingness, they may agree with me. They should be back with the King later."

Erkenbrand kept walking as he talked to Kan. When he got to his office, he found Wulgov asleep against the wall. He had two thoughts. One was to step on or kick him in the bad leg, but he didn't want to waste the Lady Athilda's good work. He smelled much better, well, sort of. Still stunk like a Dunlanding. The second thought was to dump the tankard of water he had on his desk upon him. He didn't get the chance. Wulgov opened his eyes.

"How are you doing?"

Erkenbrand asked, Wulgov looked at his clean bandage and said,

"The Healing Lady said I should stay off of it."

Erkenbrand nodded, not really needing him for anything. He said,

"Can you walk on it at all? I surely don't want you staying here all day."

Wulgov struggled to pull himself up, and he leaned against the wall keeping the weight off his leg. Erkenbrand looked him over and said,

"Right. I had a leg wound once. Maybe I have something for you."

He turned and rummaged through a cluttered closet and found two crutches. One was beautiful carved and ornate. The other was basic oak. He took that one and handed it over to Wulgov. You can have this. Now, go somewhere else. He waved one of his personal guards over and said,

"Take him to the kitchen to get something to eat, and since you drew this poor duty, you get something too. Then set him up in the makeshift sleeping quarters in the far inner chamber past the kitchen. Should Lady Athilda come back to tend to him, I will send her there."

The guard nodded, and it took Wulgov a couple steps to get used to leaning on the crutch. It would be good to eat something.

~ ~ ~

Dunhama had drenched himself in sweat as he worked and worked. When the westering sun finally gave him shade, the officer had the men switch so they would be in the sun the longest. But Dunhama would not break. His new leathers were stained with sweat as they tried to absorb it. Dunhama got to where he could move without thought and match the officer's movement. When the others finished and were allowed to go, many stayed to watch Dunhama and the officer. When the officer said the last thing to do was an open melee, Dunhama readied himself. He kept withthe officer and when he got behind, was able to disengage and regroup as he had been shown. Dunhama was determined not to allow this officer best him, and he considered himself to be the only man to stand between him and Athilda. Should he lose, the enemy would claim her! He fought with ever more ferocity that the officer saw he needed to bring this to an end. But before he could, Dunhama made a move and hit him in his sword hand and the officer let his sword fall. But the officer did not go down quiet, for he immediately drew his dagger and closed onto Dunhama who hesitated and lost the advantage of distance his sword gave him. The officer held Dunhama tight and stared hard into his eyes. He said as sweat dripped from both their brows,

"Don't ever hesitate, especially if you gain advantage, for it will surely lead to your death."

The officer pressed the tip of his dagger harder into Dunhama's lower stomach and Dunhama felt the prick of it. There was nothing he could do. He nodded and ceded.

"Now go and change and clean up. You did reasonable well, hero, for your first day. Too bad you died at the end."

Dunhama started to walk away and a few others joined him. They went and removed their gear and were given soft loose green woolen breeches and tunic, and some soft leather shoes. Had Dunhama not been so sore and tired after the day;s workout, he would have appreciated their comfort more. He thought about looking for Athilda, but his stomach turned at what he would or should say to her. He didn't want to drive her away from him again. He came to his temporary bedroll in the far chamber where he had rested a short time before going to Athilda, and thought about laying down. He knew if he did, he wouldn't be able to get back up. He instead walked into the caves, and there found the pool he had visited before, and he removed his wear and slid into the waters, feeling their soothing waves against his sore body. He lay back and thought maybe Kan would benefit from this place, with his legs so badly hurt and all. He also wondered what Athilda would think of this place, and the seeming healing properties of these waters. He tipped his head back as the water lapped at his neck, and he started at the glittering heights above and listened to the trickling of the dripping stream that fed the pool, and he drifted off to sleep.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 2:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda walked down the halls to the washroom and began to clean the soiled bandages as well as the pot she had collected them in. After hanging the cloths to dry, Athilda then worked on cleaning the knife and then she began to scrub her hands clean. A sigh escaped her lips as she thought of everything that Dunhama and his uncle had spoken to her about.
Why had she so foolishly spoken those harsh words to Dunhama?
She closed her eyes and chewed on her lower lip as she recalled the look of shock and hurt in Dunhamas eyes before she ran off. A breath escaped her lips and she vowed to make things right as she dried her hands.
Athilda began to make her way back towards the kitchen, and as she walked down a hallway, she passed by the chamber where the three of them had slept on bedrolls, just the night before. Before going to sleep taht night, Dunhama had spoken of his desire to take her and Kano to the caves to show them something. Athilda stopped and walked back to the chamber, then walked in and stood by the entrance to the cave.
Hadn't he mentioned something about....a restorative pool of water?
Athilda squinted her eyes in an effort to see into the dark cave, and as she was looking, a voice was heard behind her.
"Athilda."
She jumped and turned around quickly in fright, but when she gazed upon the Lady Eowyn, she found relief, but then quickly added.
"Forgive me, my Lady...I...my thoughts are..."
The Lady looked upon her with compassion and understanding.
"It is alright. I understand that your thoughts are with Dunhama. He is a good man. I believe he went inside this cave, but for what, I do not know. Go and spend time with him, for there is much to do in the near future."
Athilda curtsied and thanked the Lady, then she took a torch with her and holding it aloft, made her way into the cave.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 6:04 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama moved to where the stream fell from rocks high above and let the water splash on his head. He then sank under the surface and pushed himself across to where he had first been. When his head resurfaced, he again leaned back. The cave started to glitter in an orange flickering hue, and amid the sound ot the water splashing across the pool, he could hear light footsteps. He sat there unmoving and waited. When the torchlight flickered above him, he smiled and said,

”Athilda my love…”

She was a beautiful sight. It had seemed so long ago since he had laid eyes on her, even though it was only a half a day. She stood there on the edge, looking down at him.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 9:52 pm 
Ent
Ent

Full of emotion, Athilda ran towards Dunhamas' voice and stopped just in time to see his handsome features being highlighted by the glowing crystals in the cave.
"Dunhama, I'm so glad I found you here..."
Her brows furrowed as she gazed into his eyes, for all she could think of were the words she spoke to him in the staircase.
"Dunhama...I...I'm so sorry for what I said earlier today. Please forgive my foolishness and selfishness."
Her voice trembled as she spoke, and as she kneeled down by the waters' edge, tears began to fall from her eyes.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 10:07 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama turned and with only his head above the water, he faced her. She looked so beautiful to him, but her voice and face carried with it the burden of sorrow. He said,

”My love, it is I who ask forgiveness, for I should not have raised my voice and said such things.”

He pulled his head under the water and came up and wiped his wet hair back over his head as he looked lovingly at Athilda. He said,

“You were right Athilda, I was not there. And I have yet to thank those who were there that saved you. I am sorry my love…”

He took a deep breath and watched the rocks behind Athilda sparkle and reflect off her long hair.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 10:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda shook her head slightly as she leaned towards him.
"So much has happened in such a short amount of time....we were both, I think, becoming overwhelmed with sorrow and worry. I am so sorry. I....I just want to be with you always."
As she spoke, Athilda leaned further towards Dunhama, and just as she finished, her hand slipped and she fell forward into the water.
Her head emerged from the surface of the water with a gasp and she fumbled to find the edge to hold on to.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2017, 10:57 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

With the splash Athilda falling, Dunhama slipped under when he lost his grip. He emerged in front of Athilda and helped her find the edge to hold onto.

”Athilda my love! Your dress! You…”

Her hair lay shining against her head and drifted out in a fan veil where it met the water. He held her waist as she held the edge. He drew closer to her face as he said,

”My love, it seems so long since I’ve seen you. This training felt like it would never end. I missed you. And thoughts of you drove me on through it!“

The water settled and lazy waves lapped at her shoulders as he reached his hand out and ran his finger down her cheek. He was so in love with this woman, that if it meant being with her, he started thinking of ways to make it so. He was no hero, and he could not keep Athilda safe if he was off fighting in other lands….

Last edited by Hanasian on March 20th, 2017, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 20th, 2017, 8:12 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano thanked Erkenbrand and then took his leave shortly after. Once seeing the Dunlanding. He road back to where he might find an easy place to dismount. It would be at least a few weeks, the healers told him, before he should try moving on his feet much at all. Even mounting and dismounting Sage was discouraged but he could never just sit there in one place all day long. He was ever so greatful for this black steed that had been bestowed on him. If it were nit for Sage he feared he would go mad.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 10:31 am 
Ent
Ent

Athilda gazed longingly into his eyes and smiled sweetly as he spoke. He missed her. Even after she uttered such harsh words to him. As she felt his finger trace down her cheek, she closed her eyes and rested her arm on his neck while resting her forehead on his.
"Dunhama, I've missed you so."
Her voice dropped to just a whisper, even though they were alone in the cave.
"But I am so very proud of you for being brave enough to go through this training to become a solider."
Her eyes opened and met his gaze.
"When...when will you have to go back?"

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 11:16 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Tomorrow morning. The training officer has it out for me."

Durian said as he padded some water toward Athilda's arm. He watched as each wave slickened and faded into her dress. He then kissed her hair on the top of her head and said,

"But Ergon thinks I'll get transferred to the King's Guard, being I was a servant in his house. That will be up to the Marshall of the Mark."

He felt the warmth of Athilda and he was determined to not let anyone attack her ever again. He knew he couldn't be there for her all the time...he said,

"My Love, I pray to This Varda I heard the Dunedain speak of, to watch over you. If you... I could... "

He lost his words as he knew what Athilda thought of fighting and killing.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 12:16 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hearing Dunhama speak of his new occupation gave Athilda both a sense of hope and a sense of dread. She knew that the Marshall and the King were good men, wise too, but she couldn't help fear for his future should he go into battle with them.
A sigh escaped her lips and she took her arm from his shoulder and placed a finger to his lips as she shushed him softly.
"It's alright, my love. With you, I will be safe."
She smiled, then kissed him gently. After pulling back, she looked back up at him again.
"I do not fear being attacked again, for the Dunlanding who helped you and saved me...he....I...I'm not sure what he did, but I believe he took care of them."

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 9:19 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama sighed as he let his hand smooth Athilda’s hair that was above water. He said,

”Yes…. I heard about what happened. Soldiers talk. I don’t think the Dunlanding killed them. He only told Erkenbrand who the trouble makers of his people were. Erkenbrand had them taken from the Dunlanding camp and um…”

Dunhama swallowed and struggled with the morality of what had happened. He kissed her head and said,

”I think he had our guys kill them.”

He thought he heard an echo so he looked around to make sure nobody was around, and he looked at Athilda as she looked up at him. Dunhama blushed as he realized he was bare. He relaxed again and said,

”It was not the Dunlanding’s fault. And I need to thank him for what he did for you.”

Dunhama suddenly turned and held Athilda close. There was a lot noise in the cave…

Wulgov stood at the arch that led to the caves. The guard assigned to watch him looked in as well. Wulgov looked at the guard and sized him up. His helm seemed overly large and covered his face pretty well, but Wulgov could tell he was young. He asked,

”What is in there? Have you been in? Let us look.”

The guard didn’t say anything, but followed Wulgov through the door. They had followed the track passed the turn where Athilda and Dunhama was, and when the guard was looking about at the majestic wonders, Wulgov made his move.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2017, 9:51 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda gasped as Dunhama told her the truth about what his uncle had done. She shivered and looked up at him with guilt in her eyes when suddenly she saw him blush. She was about to ask him what was wrong when suddenly he pulled her into his embrace. Following his gaze, she thought she saw a light flickering about where the entrance to the cave was. She furrowed her brows as she listened to the noise that followed the footsteps. Her eyes widened and she looked up at Dunhama as she recognized the Dunlandings' rough voice.
"What would-" Athilda began to speak, but her eyes widened in fear as she heard something-a fight?!
Why would the Dunlanding fight someone? Was he in trouble? Perhaps he was being attacked by one of his own!
"Dunhama, we-we have to help him!"
Her voice was but a whisper.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next