Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Kin Strife of Gondor ~ Planning & OOC Commentary
PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:21 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Yeah, but that being said, if this writes anything like Darkest of Days did on Council of Elrond, there will be really slow times... weeks, with nothing, then explode into activity and get several posts in a day or days, followed by a gap... etc. I suspect this may be that way.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 14th, 2017, 8:34 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

No worries. I should be able to match the pace either way. ;)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: March 26th, 2017, 4:27 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I'm going to throw in another post that will move it along to the next day unless anyone has anything they want to address. The only thing I can think of to write is the Guildsman returning t the inn... I may post that first.

The notices of the tournament will go out by morning, and they will be posted all over the city. That could be fun we we get to that.

A quick reminder to not post signatures in the RP. It's just a pet peeve of mine, and I have been guilty of doing it myself and had to go back and edit it out. As an archivist, it makes it easier to do. Anyway.... Happy Writing!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 28th, 2017, 7:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

yeah, I've been kind of waiting for things to move along. Just not sure where to go with my characters as of yet until the guildsman shows back up and the tournament gets started. So, sounds like a good plan of action to me. :)

Yup, that'd be me. lol Sorry, I've been posting mostly from my phone the past few days and tend to use the quick reply when doing so. Thus easily forgetting to un-check the signature box. I'll go back and take care of that.

PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 5:24 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

All right, so this keeps moving, I'm going to post a bit of a post that will move things along to the next day. I'll have a morning ship bring in a new Guildmaster who works directly for Castamir, so he will be likely the local 'bad guy' in this. He will be an NCE so feel free to use him as you need. The ship will likely arrive around the time Prince Eldacar is coming to East Osgiliath. It may be a big post, so hope it doesn't mess up any thoughts an ideas anyone has in this.

The tournament will be announced and the Prince will tour the city. The Rhovanion characters of mine will be in the procession. I will precede this with an 'inn' post. Hope to have it up by this weekend as things have been rather busy at work, and I admit writing some of my more creative posts while there. Not sure why that is. Anyway, give me to this weekend and I'll have some more meat in this.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 29th, 2017, 8:51 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

It's all good. :) I've kept most of my ideas rather underdeveloped. That allows memto act more on inspiration of the moment depending on how you weave the story line. So my ideas will pretty much always mesh that way with the sirection of the RP. ;) (at least that's my plan lol )

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 4:13 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Last night after I posted to this thread, I felt inspired to write a bit of the 'bridging' post for the evening. Except I did not write it in Word but in the reply box, which has been the bane of many of my posts in RPs over the last 17 years. I think I'll be quick, it ends up being a rather inspired and well written post, and I 'submit' to find that my internet connection had been interrupted. Usually on this site, a simple back-step of the browser gets me back to the reply box complete with the text, but this time, likely due to the time my connection was down, I got the 'login' screen. The post vaporized into the ether. I was too tired and downtrodden to try and recreate it. I know that 99% of the time it all works well, but why when the 1% comes along it is on a post I didn't write on Word first? FML. Anyway, it is all still in my head so will try to craft it back together before I hit the sack tonight.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Oh boy.... that's not cool. I know all too well how that works. I can't count the amount of times that has happened to me as well. Back in the day when I was hyper-active (as in my forum activity) I would select all and copy every single time before hitting the post button because I was so afraid of that happening. Now days I usually don't, and thankfully as you say, usually you can just hit the back button and get your text back.

Hope you get it all typed up and back to your liking again.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 10:58 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

...and jut after I posted that last post, we lost power. I'll be getting this sorted this weekend. :)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 30th, 2017, 11:08 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, I read about that in the other thread. Hopefully they get that back up and running soon!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 10:57 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Mae Govannen!
I have been reading as the information and posts in this, and read the appendices in Return of the King and the sites mentioned, and think I would like to join into this RP if I can. I'm thinking of a couple characters I can be. Let me know if it is ok to join and I will work on a character profile.

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: March 31st, 2017, 11:07 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Sure Lady Deumeawyn, you can join! Been enjoying your character at the Inn, and you write RP pretty well.
I look forward to your characters! I sent you a PM on a suggestion I thought of. Let me know what you think. :)

I am writing up the 'bridging' post I lost the other day. Should have it posted by this evening.

Edit: I posted a bit, but it isn't anything like the beau I lost. Anyway, fee free to carry it forward to the next morning if you so desire. I have nothing more for this night. I had the inn burned down by the new guildsman for serving Rhovanions, so the fate of Jarod and Berial is unknown. Hopefully Moy will write Sorin out of the inn. He is a crafty sort. I had more to write, but it was getting overly long.

Deumea, if you agree to take her on, I mentioned Rhinna in this last post.

Happy writing everyone.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 1st, 2017, 6:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Alrighty, I'll see about getting a post typed up this evening. :)

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2017, 3:37 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Hanasian wrote:
Sure Lady Deumeawyn, you can join! Been enjoying your character at the Inn, and you write RP pretty well.
I look forward to your characters! I sent you a PM on a suggestion I thought of. Let me know what you think. :)

I read the RP, and the background you wrote for Vilmaith. I think I could write for Rhinna. I'll have to give it a think and will likely post for her when the other three Rhovanion shieldmaidens appear again in the story. They are kind of a sisterhood! Another character I was thinking of was a maidservant in the king's palace who is against the northmen getting so much power. Not sure on that one yet. Still thinking. Now that I am only working my second job one night a week, I have more time to play!

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2017, 1:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Well a little late on my post but it's there, as is. :p

It will be great to have you Deumeawyn! :D

PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 10:45 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Yes, it will be good Deumeawyn! We look forward to your writing! I like it in the other RPs!
As I said earlier here, this RP tends to move along for a bit, rests, and then moves along again.
As it's my little brainchild, I'm trying to add in the peripheral information to keep it moving and interesting as far as the historical events are concerned.
I have a post brewing to move thimngs to the morning that will be up as soon as I get home. Happy writing Everyone!

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next