Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Music video of the day
PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 11:48 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I love the rain...............

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 1:07 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That’s a great rendition, Silmalassë! And the rain adds a lot!

I know this thread says “music” video, but I took these on a trip to the Big Island of Hawai’i in 2016, and they do have their own unique “soundtracks”... I thought you might like a change of scene... :P

Speaking of water... These surfers are off the condo balcony where we stay, just south of downtown Kailua. The “spashers” are at the end of the condo complex in a pool made of lava. They were having such a great time that I wanted to join them!

I have tried several times to imbed this video but it just isn't working... Any help would be greatly appreciated. I even deleted the dratted "S"... If you copy the url and past it into your browser, it comes up just fine... :annoyed2:

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Kzx9yDfZc&t=31s[/YouTube]

But because of those waves, the snorkeling wasn’t good at all, and that’s the major reason I go to the islands.

The tide was high this particular morning which meant the turtles would be in the Kahalu’u Bay. I took this with my $60 purchased at Walmart Polaroid underwater camera. When I was searching for one in 2010, I didn’t know they still made cameras, let alone an underwater one. I still have my a Polaroid SX-70, the one where the film develops right in front of you. My husband gave it to me for my 29th birthday and got me back into photography after a long hiatus...

It does a good job, but on a clear day, it’s even better! This is one of my favorite underwater photos in that same bay on another day.

PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 5:44 pm 
Istari
Istari

I thought this was a really interesting music video. Really like the song. The lyrics are really good.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Music videos of today
PostPosted: April 10th, 2017, 10:08 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Tia Gostelow - Been enjoying this young artist on the local airwaves of 4ZzZ & Triple J.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 12:08 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Findë!!!! I lived on Oahu for almost 3 years...........I LOVED snorkeling and all of that. We used to see the "Magnum PI" helecopter flying around the island, all of the time. Oh, my..........I lived on Red Hill in Honolulu, and we could see Pearl Harbor. There were a number of formations on the North Shore that were like the one that you're describing........I often dream of being back there and just inhaling the aroma of the plumeria. (sigh)

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 12:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Silmalassë wrote:
Findë!!!! I lived on Oahu for almost 3 years...........I LOVED snorkeling and all of that. We used to see the "Magnum PI" helecopter flying around the island, all of the time. Oh, my..........I lived on Red Hill in Honolulu, and we could see Pearl Harbor. There were a number of formations on the North Shore that were like the one that you're describing........I often dream of being back there and just inhaling the aroma of the plumeria. (sigh)

What were you doing in Honolulu? And to see TC's helicopter! How fun! We did stop by the house on one of our trips to Oahu and took a few photos.

My husband lived in Aiea, just outside of Honolulu from age 7 to 10. His dad was in the air force. This was back when the tallest building on Waikiki Beach was three stories... He went swimming in Hanauma Bay a lot and was the very first place I snorkeled.

EDIT: I lied... The buildings on Waikiki Beach were a bit taller... My husband just uploaded this video his Dad took in 1955. You can actually see the street and old cars AND the mountains from the beach!

Here's my vid of the day:

Post subject: Re: Music videos of today
PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 5:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

Hanasian wrote:
Tia Gostelow - Been enjoying this young artist on the local airwaves of 4ZzZ & Triple J.

Bought both of those songs. Thanks for introducing her music to me.

This is my music video for the day. They have a storyline for this, the first video was monster which I will put on the bottom if you want to watch them in order.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 8:51 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Findë wrote:
Silmalassë wrote:

What were you doing in Honolulu? And to see TC's helicopter! How fun! We did stop by the house on one of our trips to Oahu and took a few photos.

My husband lived in Aiea, just outside of Honolulu from age 7 to 10. His dad was in the air force. This was back when the tallest building on Waikiki Beach was three stories... He went swimming in Hanauma Bay a lot and was the very first place I snorkeled.

EDIT: I lied... The buildings on Waikiki Beach were a bit taller... My husband just uploaded this video his Dad took in 1955. You can actually see the street and old cars AND the mountains from the beach!

Here's my vid of the day:

Findë, I was there with my first spouse who was in the Coast Guard. I used to go to the beach behind the house where "Magnum" was supposedly filmed. I never actually found the house, myself, but it was a very private place and I was approached by a Samoan fellow who appreciated curvy women. I never went back. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What takes you to the Islands? Thanks for the videos - a simpler time.

I'll add this video as one of my favorite songs to sing with a group of people.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

So someone at work sent me this vid.... remember it from the early 90's. A bit metal but it tell the Three Pigs story well. :lol:

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 3:40 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Silmalassë wrote:

What takes you to the Islands? Thanks for the videos - a simpler time.

SNORKELING!!! :D :D :D. I don't like cold water and the clarity of California's coastal waters just can't compare to Hawai'i's. We adore the islands and have been to all of the public ones (I'd love to visit Niihau but it's still off-limits), but mostly we LOVE The Big Island of Hawai'i. It's the most at home I've felt anywhere else other than here where I grew up.

We're heading there in just under a month for 10 days. Four days in Hilo (we've visited it but never stayed there) and then back to Kona for 6. We've been going to the Kona Coast since 1984 on our belated honeymoon.

Hanasian, that was too funny! (I'm one more stupid idiot added to the list... :P ) I loved the wolf's dance moves.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 10:10 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Findë, I didn't learn to snorkel until I moved to Oahu, and it was something that I did as often as I could.

The Big Island is one of the most amazing places, particularly around the volcano. It's like a wasteland with all of these vents that are bright (sulfurous) yellow vents and all of the signs with the warnings.....then, a couple of miles away there are wild orchids thriving in the rain forest! Amazing........

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 3:03 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Silmalassë wrote:
Findë, I didn't learn to snorkel until I moved to Oahu, and it was something that I did as often as I could.

The Big Island is one of the most amazing places, particularly around the volcano. It's like a wasteland with all of these vents that are bright (sulfurous) yellow vents and all of the signs with the warnings.....then, a couple of miles away there are wild orchids thriving in the rain forest! Amazing........

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

Thank you very much, Silmalassë! It's a unique place and I always look forward to returning.

Here's my video. We fell in love with Peter Moon and his island music. This was my favorite song of his. The words are just beautiful.

Turns my life has taken, to find you are the one.
You are the harvest of rainbows, reflection of the sun...

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 8:13 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 5:39 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That was stunning, Jax! I had chills all the way through! I've seen some of their videos but not all and certainly not that one. Thank you for posting it!

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 7:05 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Great vid Jax! Always have time for Celtic Women in my life!

My vid of the day....

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 9:53 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Hanasian................nice.

I'm getting my laughs on with this:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next