Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Music of the Midgewater
PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 10:14 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

This RP is a branch off from the adventures of the Old Man in the "Inn by the Side of the Road" RP.

It will not be a terribly long lived RP as it has a very simple and easily achievable goal to achieve. Once the participating members have posted I will post as well. I'm going to forgo a "starter" post due to the background of the RP already having been made. Anyone else wishing to join is welcome to do so.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject: Re: The Music of the Midgewater ~ Continued Story from The I
PostPosted: April 7th, 2017, 2:21 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

(This adventure has its roots in The Inn By The Side Of The Road)

Durian looked about. He had an idea where these ruins were, and if they be the same, they would have to cross the road from the Inn and go north-northeast and skirt the west side of the marshes and the east side of the Chetwood. A part of that land is soft and boggy, and the trees of the Chetwood are dead with many fallen. There were also some creeks that fed the Midgewater that flowed lazily out of the Chetwood. It is not an easy route but the most direct to the north of the Midgewater were the old Arnorian castle stood on a slight rise that bit into the northwest corner of the Midgewater. They were 10 to 12 leagues away. He meant to ask the glazier if these were the ruins he referred to, for there are more farther to the east and in the Midgewater themselves, but they are no more than a pile of broken stones. They would only be going the speed the old man could do He looked over at Mariel and he said to her,

"I hope your shoes are waterproof."

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: The Music of the Midgewater
PostPosted: April 8th, 2017, 5:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel picked up a handful of her skirt to lift the hem up out of the mud that the three travelers began to walk through. She glanced up at Durain and raised a brow.
"Not at all, but thankfully I have you to carry me, if need be. "

PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 5:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

The old man didn't go towards the ruins Durian had suspected, instead he headed into the heart of the marshes. At the edge of the marshes Calypso joined them.

"Looks like the gang is all here," she said with a wry smile. She glanced back at the other two and then at the old man.

As they traveled on the old man's typical countenance of happy go lucky became more reserved, almost nervous and anxious.
He walked fast, especially for his age, and he didn't stop. Before long they could see a pile of stones through the fog in the distance but all stopped as another few stepps revealed the immage of a large beast perched atop a large pile of rubble. The old man paused and took two more stepps and the beast jumped down. It was a warg. A small black warg but a warg none the less.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2017, 6:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel rolled her eyes as she realized that they were walking in the opposite direction as the old man.
"Come on, Ranger..."
She winked at Durian flirtatiously then grabbed his hand, turned and walked back towards the glazier. Once they met him, she noticed his demeanor change the closer they got to the ruins.
After a long and fast-paced trip, the woman from the Inn joined them. She nodded and smiled at the woman then let out a frightened shriek as she looked up to see a small Warg sitting on the hilltop.
Her eyes widened and her feet seemed to freeze in place from fear as the Warg jumped down to the ground.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 9:09 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

"Usually where there is one, there is more. stay alert."

Durian said as he kept watch even as the slogged through the swamp.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 11th, 2017, 6:32 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Very keen observation, sir Durian."
Marial muttered as she carefully followed behind him through the muddy swamp.
"I suppose now would be a bad time to mention that I have no sill in the sword?"

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 1:06 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Once they all came to a stop and the warg continued to approach Calypso smiled wide and strode forward. The warg came and circled her twice before turning to the rest of the group and eyeing them hard. Then, to everyone's surprise, it spoke... "Is this it then?" His voice was low and gruff, with a strangely animal sound to it.

"This is Calypso answered." The old man eyed Calypso with a questioning gaze. "This is Thudpaw," she motioned to the warg. "Rest asured he is not an enemy. He has been my constant companion since I was three years old."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2017, 9:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel gave a strange glance to Calypso then looked to the old man, then back at Calypso. Thankfully, she had never encountered such beasts, but she had heard about them in letters her brother sent her when he was away fighting.
"How can that be possible? That creature was made for war."

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 1:01 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian slogged along behind Mariel watching her... their rear. Didn't need anyone following them. So the dark armoured woman has a pet warg as they drive straight into the swamp. This adventure is getting even more interesting. He would just keep watch.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 13th, 2017, 7:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Thudpaw glanced at Mariel with a snarl. "I might be bred for war but I still have free will. I war on those I choose."

"Easy, Thudpaw," Calypso said. The two shared a look and then the old man shrugged and kept on walking.

"I suspect the door is open to your friend as well?" The old man asked Calypso.

"Aye, it is."

The old man nodded. "Welcome, friend." he inclined his head to the beast. "I thank thee for your help."

They headed on and soon came to the ruins. There was not but rubble but as they paused to assess the situation Calypso explained the situation. She had been out scouting.

"The door to the underground passageways are under those stones," She pointed to a pile of sizable boulders. "We should be able to clear it off and get it open with your key but there are likely spider eggs in the rubble... so once we disturb it spiders will likely swarm us to try and defend their nest. Aim for their abdomen, they have a soft spot in their armor there. Thudpaw and I should be able to hold them off." She eyed Mariel. "Since you don't have a weapon you could help the old man here dig to clear the entrance." Then she looked to Durian. "You could as well, so long as we don't need your help fighting off the spiders."

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 1:31 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian looked about. It appeared the warrior and the wolf had things under control. He thought as the glazier asked.... there are two kinds of people in this world... those with swords, andthose who dig. Despite having a sword, he decided to dig anyway. He managed to gte a large piece of rubble to move and he muscled it out of the way. A small avalanche of small rocks fell into place. Mariel started tossing them out of the way.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 7:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel's eyes widened in fear and she took a step backwards as the Warg snarled and spoke to her. With trembling hands raised up in a sign of surrender, Mariel spoke.
"Forgive me if I offended you, it was not my intention. I....I have just never encountered a Warg before."
She dipped her head then glanced up at the glazier as he began to start along the journey again. After a while, the group made their way to the ruins and all were given tasks. Although she would not enjoy it, Mariel was glad that she would have Durian by her side.
After assessing the rubble, Mariel quickly took the smaller stones and began to toss them aside until she was able to begin digging. As she dug, she glanced up curiously at Durian.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2017, 7:47 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian glanced back at Mariel. She was pretty hot with dirt and swamp mud all over her. The little line of dark that traced itself across her cheek kind of accentuated her eyes. He took his finger and gently tried to rub it off, but his dirty hands just made it worse.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 6:27 pm 
Ent
Ent

Mariel smiled as Durian looked her way; although they had only known each other for not more than a day, she felt that somehow she could love again. Her thoughts were disturbed as Durian lifted a dirty hand and tried to wipe away something from her face, but in the process of wiping the dirt away, he had smudged more on her cheek. She cleared her throat and spoke in a quiet voice.
"You might be able to wipe the dirt away with more ease if your hands were cleaned, sir Durian."
She said teasingly.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 9:29 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian smiled and offered her his bandana from around his neck. He said,

"Yes, likely so m'lady, but there is naught but swamp-water around us, as far as the eye can see."

Durian took a look at the armoured woman and the warg, and he went to work clearing the door way of the stones and spider eggs...

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW