Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 9:25 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila smiled and nodded as she stood. She said,

"Yes young master, I do know where it is. It is by the back door of the kitchen. Come with me."

She led Lwelyn to the kitchen, but before she got to the bar, Malvagil stepped in front of them as he looked at the boy, noting he was uneasy. Caila paused and stared Malvagil in the eyes. She said,

"You seem to have a problem with the help around here? They are good people and you will just have to trust me on this."

Caila was taking a chance vouching for both Dawn and the boy, but she needed them. Even though the boy was hired by a patron to watch a horse, she would give him something for tending to the rest of the visitors animals. When Malvagil stepped aside, Caila walked on into the kitchen and the boy followed her closely, wanting to get away from the eyes of the Rangers. Caila pointed to the bucket and said,

"Since you are to watch the man's horse for a couple days, may you also tend to the other guest's animals? I can pay you in meals and a bed in the stable should you wish it... after the two days that have already been paid that is.... if you have no where else to go."

The boy picked up the bucket and looked back at her.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 15th, 2017, 10:48 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

With the man entering passing her by, Dawn shrugged and looked over to where Indrean sat. They knew. She would not be able to conceal the fact that she was at the Prancing Pony ad that she stabbed the man who attacked her. She returned to sit at the table with Indrean, and with thoughtful eyes, she looked at him and whispered,
“Can we talk… after your commander leaves the inn?”
Dawn drank down her water nervously and she looked about the room. It felt like they all were looking at her. She had a slight dizzy spell and she put her head to her hand and her hair braid fell forward over her shoulder. She looked up, seeing Indrean looking at her. She tried to smile, but the thought of her experience in Bree haunted her mind.

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 16th, 2017, 6:55 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha shook his head as the women offered him an ale. "I've got too much of my faculties already in question without drinking something strong," he teased.

Him and Cedric walked over to the table and sat down, discussing the wolf problem. It seemed Cedric knew where most of them lived but simply lacked the ability and skill to do away with them.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 16th, 2017, 8:42 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean nodded and gave a half smile, but as he was about to answer Dawn, he watched with concern and shock as she let her head fall to her hand.
"Are you alright, Dawn?"
He leaned forward and reached out his hand to steady her, but let his hand fall as she looked up at him.
"You do not look well, my lady."

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 3:43 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"Yes.... No.... I think so. I don't know. I was sick and maybe I may be doing too much too soon."
Dawn was confused but she settled in the chair. She finally looked Indrean in the eye and said,
"I think I may be all right. Just got dizzy for a moment."
She looked to see where Malvagil was, and she leaned over the table to Indrean and whispered,
"I was in Bree until last night. Then I rode here in the night. It was me that stabbed that man when he attacked me in my room. Should I give myself up?"

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:07 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

"Yes young master, I do know where it is. It is by the back door of the kitchen. Come with me."

Lwelyn nodded and followed her, freezing as one soldier stepped in front of him. Immediately his eyes went down, the last thing he wanted was to be in trouble. He shifted uncomfortably as the innkeeper addressed the soldier.

"You seem to have a problem with the help around here? They are good people and you will just have to trust me on this."

To Lwelyn's relief the man left and he followed the woman quickly. She pointed out the pail.

"Since you are to watch the man's horse for a couple days, may you also tend to the other guest's animals? I can pay you in meals and a bed in the stable should you wish it... after the two days that have already been paid that is.... if you have no where else to go."

Lwelyn nodded and took the pail, "I can work for you."

PostPosted: April 18th, 2017, 9:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean furrowed his brows and stared hard into her eyes.
"My lady, I fear that you are already doing just that."
He let out a breath as he continued to hold her gaze. Although he was on duty, he did not wish to arrest her, for...she seemed...innocent. Like there was more to the story than what the Innkeeper at the Prancing Pony had let on.
After a few moments, he leaned back in his chair and softened his gaze.
"I am sworn to protect and follow my orders as set out by the King, and my orders were to find out about the stabbing that occurred in Bree. I will not arrest you, Dawn, but I must ask that you give your side of the story. Tell me what happened."

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 3:05 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn shook slightly as she realised she had said this to a ranger. She looked around and said,
"I was attacked in my room at the Prancing Pony. I had only arrived that day, and I dined alone and had little to drink. I retired to my room earlier than most and went to sleep as the day had been long. I awoke to this man coming down on me with his weight as I lay. So I pulled the dagger I had nearby and stuck into his neck. I then fled."
She looked down at the table then looked back into Indrean's eyes
"Did he live? I am in big trouble aren't I."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 4:08 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila looked at the young man and said,

"Well, I am glad to have you work for me. I think I need all the help I can get. Since you seem to know animals, you see to the stables and order it as you see fit. And if you want, you can help me get a couple of the unfinished rooms ready when things are quiet."

She gave the young man a smile, and said,

"And you can call me Caila."

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 19th, 2017, 10:58 am 
Ent
Ent

As he listened to her retelling of the story, Indrean studied her carefully. Could she be lying? The Innkeeper at the Prancing Pony revealed to him and his commander that the man who was stabbed was an honorable one. He was in fact one of the leaders of the town.
A sigh escaped his lips and shook his head.
"No, he did not make it through the night."
Indrean paused as he thought about what to do. From what Dawn revealed to him, her attack on the man was out of self defense, but he doubted anyone else would see it that way. Especially his commander.
"Dawn, I believe you when you say that you were...attacked. But there are eyewitnesses who say that you were the one to...provoke him...."
Indrean met her gaze and spoke in a quieter tone.
"When he was attacking you....was he armed? If he was, that would validate your actions as self-defense."

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 12:52 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn looked around the common room and then back to Indrean. As she was a newly arrived traveller in Bree and was attacked by someone of an upstanding character, or so Indrean says he was. She looked at him sadly and cold, saying,
“I was alone in my room when I went to bed. The door was locked, but was clearly not closed after I awoke. And I didn’t take the time to check if he was armed. He was raping me when I awoke, so I acted with what I had in reach.”
She looked down at the hand then at her shoulder and then said,
“I think my break is over.”
She stood and took her cup and started walking to the bar…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 5:28 pm 
Ent
Ent

(OOC: *Lower lip trembles* Nooo, poor Dawn...:( )

As Dawn relayed the account of her attack, guilt hit him in the face as a wave from the sea crashes into a rock on the shore. He should never have asked such a question of her, for he could see the emotions rising to both her cheeks and eyes. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't, for she was already rising and walking away towards the bar.
"Dawn, please wait..."
He said as he rose from his chair and started to walk towards her. Out of the corner of his eyes he could tell that the majority of the patrons were now staring at him. He cleared his throat as he approached her, careful not to startle her.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2017, 10:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Just as Indrean headed for Dawn, Micha was walking towards the door. Him and cedric had agreed on a deal for the wolf hunting and he was off to start scouting the area. As he looked up, however, he marvled to!see someone he knew. He was surprised he had missed them the entire time.

"Indrean?" Micha asked, deviating from his path to the door and walking over to the ranger.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 3:01 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila was happy Lwelyn would work for her, and she looked over as it sounded her maid was in distress. Was Malvagil''s ranger giving her help trouble? she could see she had finished with her chat and was returning to work, but wasn't sure what had taken place. Dawn looked upset, and the ranger had gotten up to pursue her. It was good that the hunter had recognised him and gotbetween he and Dawn. Caila came to her as she got to the bar,

Are you all right?"

She asked Dawn.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 11:00 am 
Ent
Ent

Indrean sighed at first in annoyance as he heard someone call his name, but as he glanced over to the man who spoke, his demeanor changed to shock and surprise.
"Micha Lonewolf...is that you?"
He asked as he turned to his old friend with an outstretched arm.
"How are you, old friend?"

PostPosted: April 21st, 2017, 8:09 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

"I... I think... I am all right. I think I may need some air. I may have overworked myself so soon after being sick. I will go get some fresh water for the kitchen for the day."
Dawn eyes Malvagil who was watching her, and Indrean who had met an old friend. Maybe some air and water will help her clear her head. Coming outside, Dawn found the young man at the well bringing up water.
"Good day sir!"
She said to him. He gave her a nod. She turned as Whisper came walking up to her, and she gave her horse a pat on the nose. She said to the young man,
"Her name is Whisper. We have been together for a few years now."
Whisper looked at the young man and gave him a nod.

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next