Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 11:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

"Thank you," Esmerelda said. She watched Brinley's horse walk over to where her horse was. "I'm afraid I'm still not much of a rider," she chuckled, remembering back to their departure from Esoras all those years ago. She looked up at Brinley as she remembered those times and the old feelings flowed back. Almost as if she had not previously noticed fully the change it struck her how much Brinley had grown from a boy to a man. Seeing his expression as he looked at her she suddenly became quite self conscious about how she too must look vastly different as the women she was now compared to the young girl she was then.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 8th, 2017, 11:12 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley cleared his throat and took a step back. His mouth was so dry. He opened his canteen and downed the last remaining sips. He exhaled his air and looked at her fondly. He was quiet for a few seconds before opening his mouth to say, "Esmerelda, I--" he trailed off as he suddenly felt dizzy, his mouth even drier now. He couldn't breathe anymore.

He looked at the canteen in horror. This wasn't nerves. He looked at her, something like fear flickered in his bright blue eyes and suddenly, he collapsed, falling to the ground of the flet, unmoving and eyes closed. The canteen rolled out of his hands.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 7:32 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Esmerelda waited nervously as he began to speak but her nerves became concern when she saw the reaction and expression on his face. "Brinley?" She moved closer as he seemed to become unstable, then he suddenly collapsed. She tried to grab him but his weight nearly pulled her petite form right down to the ground with him. "Beinley! What's wrong?"

Esmerelda glanced around hastily, fear and wonderment as to what might be happening filling his mind. Whatever the cause of his actions she knew only one thing. He needed a healer and fast by the looks of it. She cursed herself for dwindling away her days at a forge instead of learning some sort of healing practices from the elves.

With all her might she drug Brinlwy down the stairs and grabbed his horse who was still near. She left Brinley severl steps up on the stairs and lead his lrge horse along side the stair case, huriedly slidong him on amd jumping on behind him. She reached her short arms arpund Brinley and managed to grab the reins then set off at a dead run towards the healers.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 8:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

The healer wasn't far and he was just finishing his business when he saw her ride up. The healer lived on the ground floor and rushed out to meet Esmerelda, "What happened?" he asked, helping the weak and mumbling Brinley off the horse and helped him into the small house.

As he lay Brinley on a bed, he stirred, "P-poison," he mumbled, opening his eyes and looking around frantically, "water..." and he lay still on the bed. Not quite dead but the poison was working its way through his body.

The healer went to work, taking the water bottle from Brinley's belt and combing the inside for residue before beginning an antidote for him.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda aighed in relief as the healer came towards her, though her fear was only slightly relieved. She hurried to get Brinley off the horse with the help of the healer and nearly fell off herself. She rushed in stood anxiously at Brinley's side as he mumbled his few words. Sje glanced back and forth between the healer and Brinley, feeling helpless. She looked back at Brinley with sorrow in her eyes. She feared he grew too bad too fast. What if these would be their last moments together? Tears welled up in her eyes at the thought and as they fell she took Brinley's hand in hers.

She looked over to the healer as he began work on the antidote. "Please..." a whispering word escaped her lips along with a silent prayer.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2017, 11:33 pm 
Ent
Ent

The elven healer returned with a bottle of bright blue liquid, which he then poured down Brinley's throat. Brinley's entire body shuddered and lay still.

"I do not know what could have been given to him. That potion will only delay the effects until we can find an actual remedy. Until then...I cannot predict how he will awake. He could be a different person altogether or just suffer a few after effects. Maybe even one at all. How long had it been since it was given to him?" he asked Esmerelda, sitting on the bed at Brinley's feet.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 9:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda's mind spun as the healer spoke. He didn't know? He was an elven healer! Weren't they supposed to be the best of the best?

She shook her head as she tried and remember and calm her jumbled mind. "I don't know... I got him on the horse as fast as I could and ran straight here." She shrugged. "Maybe five minutes? Can you help him? Please, you have to be able to save him!" Fresh tears fell from her eyes as she pleaded and she found herself squeezing Brinley's hand tightly.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 9:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

The healer looked at her pitifully, "I wish I could tell you, my friend. Do I need to send for someone?" he asked quietly. He could do his best to analyze the poison but without proper means, he couldn't do anything more than tend to the side effects, "If the poison is stopped now, I believe I can concoct a potion to wake him up but it would do little to prevent the side effects. He would be awake but I could not predict how he would be," he asked her, looking at Brinley's body.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 10:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda nodded. "Yes... his parents. Sygnet and Micha."

When the healer offered waking him up her mind froze. She wanted to speak to him... but what if he suffered? Was it selfish for her to want him awake or would it be helpful if he could give them any information perhaps?

"M-" she paused. "Maybe... you should let his parents decide whether to wake him or not." She glanced back at Brinley's emotionless face and then hung her head.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 10:57 pm 
Ent
Ent

The healer nodded and left the building to shortly return, "I sent for my servant. I have all the ingredients for the potion..." he trailed off as he began mixing the ingredients at his work table in the corner.

Brinley's condition had not changed. His heart beat faintly as the effects of the poison stayed in his body.

The messenger boy raced as fast as he could to Micha and Sygnet's home. The light was still on when he knocked and told them the situation. Sygnet dropped the plate she was holding and sped past the messenger, heading for the ladder and the Galadhon, she mounted Vorn and raced away without waiting for Micha. She burst through the doors of the healers and collapsed at Brinley's side, stroking his face.

Once she had calmed herself, the healer explained the situation, "what do you think?" she asked Esmerelda. Sygnet knew what she was going to say but she wanted to see if Esmerelda would choose the same.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 11:09 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha followed Sygnet out, moving a little slower down the ladder but entering in the healers house just moments after his wife. He walked over and put a hand on Sygnet's should and looked mournfully at Brinley.

Esmerelda looked frighteningly between Sygnet and Micha, then to the healer.

She shook her head as the few tears that trickled down her face turned to steady streams. "No... don't ask me," she begged. "I wan't to talk with him... so bad." She paused for a breath between sobs. "But what if it makes him worse... or makes him suffer?" She shook her head and brought Brinley's hand up to her face, holding it against her cheek. "Please... don't ask me..." She closed her eyes and the memories of long ago filtered through the pains of the present. Why? Why had she waited all this time just waiting for him to come back? Why had she not gone out to see him after he left? Those thoughts, however, only made her current pain sting all the more.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 11:17 pm 
Ent
Ent

The healer stood over their shoulders, waiting for a response, bottle in hand. Sygnet looked at him and stepped back, "Do it," she told him confidently.

She watched as the potion was emptied into his throat and Brinley swallowed. She held her breath and waited. His eyes suddenly snapped open and he inhaled so suddenly. He didn't move as his body was rendered conscious. Sygnet smiled down at him as he looked around, "What happened?" He asked.

"You were poisoned," the healer responded.

"Nadril," he breathed, "I knew she would find me..." he trailed off and looked at Esmerelda, "I suppose it is you I should thank..." he smiled.

"Not yet," the healer interrupted, "I need to determine if there are any side effects of the poison," he directed, looking at Micha and Sygnet and finally Esmerelda.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2017, 11:25 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda found herself subconsciously holding her breath as they waited to see if the potion would work on Brinley. When he finally breathed in she let herself breath in as well almost as if she too were freed to breath. She gave a very weak smile as Brinley looked to her and spoke, trying with one hand to dry her tears and with the other she still held tight to Brinley's. Realizing how hard she was squeezing it she loosened her grip but did not loose his hand. She wanted to say something to him but before she could even think of something to say the healer chimed in. It was probably for the best, they had no time to waist.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" she asked, trying to re-gain her composure.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2017, 12:06 am 
Ent
Ent

The healer sighed heavily, "I would like the room alone with him for now. You may wait outside," he told them. Sygnet nodded and stood, exiting the small healer's house with a backward glance at Brinley.

Once they were alone, the healer began, "It is a delicate situation right now," and he began to explain. Once finished, Brinley took a deep breath.

"That's a lot to take in," he responded and the healer nodded. "Can you stand for me?" he asked and Brinley sat up slowly, place his feet on the ground and straightened up.

"Walk around the room," the healer continued, and he did so. "How do you feel?" he asked.

"My legs feel tighter than normal," he told him, sitting on the bed and stretching them out.

"Hmm," the healer began to prod around his legs, poking and rubbing at certain spots. He soon discovered that his knees would bend much slower than it was normal for a man his age. Upon further investigation, it looked as if his elbows were the same case.

"I believe the poison rests in your joints," he determined and Brinley's heart sank. What would that mean for his career as a soldier? He was due to be back within two weeks. He voiced this concern and the healer shook his head, "I'm afraid that is out of the question. Until we get the cure for you, this will spread and eventually you will...harden," he finished dramatically.

Brinley was quiet, staring at the ground, "Can you bring them inside and tell them?" his voice was low and soft as he shook his head slightly.

He nodded and retrieved the family and told them the information that had been discovered.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2017, 6:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Leaving the room was not exactily what Esmerelda had in mind as "helping" but at the healer's request she stood and slowly let Brinley's hand slide out of hers. She looked at him for a long moment and then walked outside with Sygnet and Micha. Outside she paced nervously for a moment, then stopped and staired into the distance. A short moment later she began walking again until the sound of the door grabbed her attention as the healer ushered them back in.

She let a flicker of hope dare to shine it's light in her soul but them she saw Brinley's down trodden expression and her heart sunk once more to it's previous depths. She walked over towards him and stopped a few feet away, looking at him forlornly.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2017, 11:56 pm 
Ent
Ent

"Long story short, I'm dying. Slowly. Hopefully not painfully. Healer Arnwen says that there might be an antidote but he has no way to obtain it. We would have to go get it ourselves," he explained sadly to his parents.

"We will go now," Sygnet said forcefully but Brinley put out a hand to slow her.

"Mother, if I am to die, I do not want the last remaining weeks I have to be quiet and peaceful. I want a taste of life. You and father have lived a quiet life here and I hate to disturb that. I will send a letter to my captain, explaining the situation and hopefully she doesn't remove my rank," he sighed slightly. Sygnet looked as if she wanted to protest but held her tongue, knowing there was truth in his words, but to allow him to go alone? That was just wrong from her role as a parent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next