Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: ~ The Inn By The Side Of The Road ~
PostPosted: May 15th, 2017, 11:24 am 
Ent
Ent

Indrean could see the reluctance in Dawn's eyes and was about to explain to her his reasoning for going back to Minas Tirith when Calia came out and questioned her.
"Excuse me, Calia..? Might I have a private word with your maid? I will only keep her for a moment, then she can return to her work."
Calia turned and looked strangely at him, then nodded and walked back into the Inn.
Indrean stifled the urge to take Dawn's hand in his and instead began to fasten his cloak together.
"I will return as swiftly as I am able to, milady. Then we will make the long journey to Minas Tirith to take your case up with the High King Aragorn. I will defend your case and ask for your protection, as with the protection of all unmarried women."

PostPosted: May 18th, 2017, 8:18 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila sighed and nodded, saying to Indrean,

"Yes, of course."

She returned to the inn, expecting that she would have to fend for herself this coming evening.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 11:26 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

From the side of the road a call was heard inside the inn. "Help!" the voice cried out as if in pain. "Can someone please help!"

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: May 31st, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Ent
Ent

Hearing a cry for help, Indrean picked up his head and looked to where the cry for help came, then he jogged over to where the sound came from.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2017, 12:49 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

When the ranger exited the inn he would see a young lad, no more than thirteen years old. He was badly wounded and limping along the roadside. "Please," he called out, holding a hand out to Indrean. "I was attacked by goblins! They ran out of the marshes! Everyone else... they were... taken."

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2017, 8:38 pm 
Ent
Ent

Once Indrean laid eyes on the boy, his instincts kicked in and he immediately ran and put the boy's arm around his shoulder.
"It's alright, lad. You are safe. I am a Ranger and a soldier of the King and thereby I will protect you."
He began to slowly walk back to the Inn, where he walked in and called for service.
"Miss?! This boy needs urgent care. I need you to call for the local medic."

PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 6:52 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dawn nodded to Indrean and hoped he would be a man of his word and state her case in Minas Tirith. Caila gave her some clothing that would suit a bar wench and said,
"Now, if you are going to work here and will not go flitting off anymore, that is until I get some other help. I can tell you haven't worked at any tavern before, or you knew that woman that was here. So, can you help me until that ranger gets back? Can I count on you that long?"
Dawn nodded, feeling bad that she had let Caila down.
After working for a time and flirting with Hilferin, Indrean came in calling to Caila for help for an injured boy. Dawn froze and did not know what to do. The blood brought her mind back to that evening at the Prancing Pony.

(Sorry for not being here for a while. I had to move and was in a shared house for a week or so before getting my own place again. Moving sucks, but I'm in a nice small 2 bedroom workers cottage with a decent view from the back verandah. I may be on erratic as I also have just gotten a new job)

― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: June 13th, 2017, 10:41 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean grunted in annoyance at the lack of Calia's response but helped the young boy sit down in a chair. He kneeled down beside the boy and quickly assessed his wounds.
"You said goblins attacked you? Where were you when they attacked?"

PostPosted: June 14th, 2017, 12:15 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

OOC: No worries Deumeawyn. The RP has slowed down a bit lately anyways so you have not missed much.

IC:

The young boy thanked Indrean and sat. He thought back to when the creatures attacked. "They... they c-came from the marshes. From the midgewater! I hid under the wagon. It had been turned over. I think they either missed me or left me for dead." His face went pale. "The other travlers..." he shook his head and burried his face in his hands.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2017, 9:14 pm 
Ent
Ent

Indrean furrowed his brows and pat the boy on the shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.
"It's alright...you are safe here."
He knew that the other travelers were already probably deep inside the mountain. The question was, does he go after them, or go to Bree to help Dawn.
He sighed and let his hand fall to his side, then he reached into his side pouch and pulled out a few salves and set them on the table.
"Your friends will be safe, boy. I will send word to my commanding officer and see if he can send me some other soldiers to go with me into the mountains."
He paused, then looked kindly into the boys eyes.
"It will be alright. I promise."

PostPosted: June 19th, 2017, 12:52 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The young boy nodded, not looking around at all. He simply staired into the table he sat at.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 11:53 am 
Ent
Ent

Indrean could tell that the boy was shaken, so he decided that perhaps silence was needed, at least for now. He stood and walked over to the bar and ordered a hearty bowl of stew and a large loaf of bread, then took it over to the boy, placing both items in front of him. He then walked over to Hilferin and asked him to go into town and find a healer.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2017, 12:57 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

The boy glanced to Indrean as he set the food in front of him then sheepishly began to eat, his mind clearly not settled yet. A long moment passed and finally the lad began to take in the surroundings, those around him and the fire on the far side of the room.

He glanced at Indrea's sword and seemed to be fixated by it for a long moment, then went back to his food.

PostPosted: July 17th, 2017, 3:25 pm 
Dwarf
Dwarf

Lwelyn entered the inn after a moment. He held the pail in his hands, ready to return it to its hook and search for something else. He flinched as the door shut behind him, louder than he had intended. Gripping the pail, he stayed close the shadows of the room as he found his way to the back. Where was the innkeeper? He needed a broom or something.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 7:11 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Caila came by and saw Lwelyn.

"You have been working hard I see. Maybe you could bring in some fire wood and then sweep by the hearth. Then you can rest with some stew."

She smiled at Lwelyn who seemed to want to work, unlike Dawn.

(OOC - Trying to get back into the tales here.)

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 1st, 2017, 8:42 pm 
Ent
Ent

(Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted here. But, in an attempt to reboot this, I'll post! Here goes nothing!)

After everything that had taken place in the caves of the Midgewater, Mariel felt a newfound appreciation for her hidden ability and for others who possessed the ability that she held. As she and Durian walked back to the Inn, she couldn't help but wonder what he thought of it all.Her eyes looked upon him in fondness, and she smiled and the handsomeness of his features.
"Durian? What did you think of everything that happened?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once he was given permission, Indrean rode into the nearest town and fetched the local healer then came right back to the Inn. The healer was in fact a woman, who was not much older than he, but she was the only one available, so he brought her over to the injured boy and introduced her.
"This is Aleana, and she is a healer and is here to help you."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aleana removed the hood from her head and walked up to the young boy who was badly injured. Her eyes widened and sympathy filled them.
"Would you mind if I examined your wounds? You can continue your meal. I promise it won't hurt."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next