Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: L otR RP with Jax and Galad
PostPosted: June 25th, 2017, 12:16 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Micha finally turned from Marl and shouldered the bag of parchments. He walked back over to Sygnet and placed a hand on her cheek, gazing into her eyes for a long moment. An onlooker might suppose he was comforting her but truthfully he was looking to the one whom knew him best for a strength he did not have in himself at that moment. At long last he glanced back to Marl's body and whispered softly. "I'm sorry..." He shook his head amd repeated the words as he headed for the door. "I'm sorry. Good bye old friend."

Back at Arnwen's hut Esmerelda got up to help the healer fix the food. Once it was done she fixed Brinley a plate and brought it to him. With her plte in hand Esmerelda sat beside him and ate in silence. Once the meal was over she insisted on cleaning up and washing the dishes, trying to keep her mind occupied with her busy hands.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 12:14 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet took his hand in hers and gave it a tight squeeze. She said a quiet farewell to Marl before they left to return to Brinley. The elves began preparing the body for burial.

Brinley wanted to help but he found his hands wouldn't grip anything very well and decided it would be better to sit in silence instead of slowing them down. Eating with a utensil was more difficult than usual thanks to his new found injury.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 9:46 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Esmerelda looked up as Micha and Sygnet re-entered Arnwen's home. She didn't say anything, seeing the sorrow on Micha's face. She got a plate of food for each Sygnet and Micha and brought it to them. Though Micha accepted the food he did not eat any.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2017, 3:38 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet picked a little bit at her food. She could almost feel Micah's deep sorrow inside her own being. The feeling was dark as she ate te smallest portion of the food on her plate.

Brinley ate as much as he could until his hand got tired and he set the fork down, a bit too loudly as he forced his hand to release it. He gave an apologetic look at the surrounding people.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 1:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha looked up with a start at the sound as if being brought out of a daydream. He stiffled his reaction slightly then looked back to his plate.

Esmerelda looked up as well, moving over towards Brinley. "You alright? Can I get you anything else?"

PostPosted: June 30th, 2017, 11:21 pm 
Ent
Ent

Brinley looked at his father as he jumped and immediately felt ashamed. He couldn't help being the way he was but he felt sorry that the people around him had to take care of him, as if he couldn't do it himself and really...he couldn't. He shook his head as Esmerelda asked him the question, "I think I just need some rest," he told her. He wanted to be alone. Away from the heavy weight of the room and to just be by himself where he can feel like he is in control and where poor Esmerelda doesn't have to constantly be at his side, worried that he can't eat or drink without help.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2017, 11:35 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda nodded slowly and swallowed hard. "I'll take your plate." She forced a small smile and set about taling empty or unwanted plates and headed to the sinknto start washing things... though it seemed the way she was scrubbing she would wear away the plates and silverware before she was finished.

Across the room Micha took a deep breath and gave a small but sincere smile. He raised his cup. "It's not the stout ale Marl would insist upon... but heres to family. Alive and past." The memories stung like fire but Micha knew Marl would not want anyone constantly mourning. Truth be told Micha had lost a few close comrads through the years. Marl was not the first.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2017, 4:32 am 
Ent
Ent

"Alive and past," Sygnet murmured. Her thoughts immediately fell to the husband she had lost all those years ago for the first time in close to nine years. The feeling of loss she always associated with his memory seemed lighter this time. As wth all things, time would heal the best it could and Micha would soon celebrate his memory.

Brinley raised his own mug in response but said nothing. Still a fresh-faced soldier, he had hardly experienced loss in his life. A few of the Captains lost their lives in small skirmishes and some scouts never reported back but he never knew anyone close to him to die. How was he to experience and cope with this grief? He didn't know. And how must Esmerelda be feeling? She had grown up with Marl. He had taken care of her long before Brinley had known her. He watched her scrub the plates with grief-stricken gusto. This had been a heavy week for her and he was glad that they wouldn't have to bury his own body alongside Marl's.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2017, 10:50 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Micha drank from his cup, glanced around the room, and then his eyes settled on Sygnet. With a deep breath he looked away and let his eyes settle on Marl's pack. He pulled out a few papers and maps, busying himself with looking over Marl's work. He glanced up to Brinley, wondering how the young man was feeling. He did't ask, though. The situation seemed unfit for such conversation and he prefered to let someone else bring it up.

Esmerelda finished a few dishes, then fidgited with a fork that had a bent tine. She tried to bend it back then caught herself resisting the urge to grab a spoon and hamer the tine straight as if she was back in her forge. With shaky breaths she dropped the fork into the silverware tray and stood facing the sink for a long time. As she stood she was unable to hold in all her sorrow and a slow dripping of tears sounded in the sink. She calmed herself, though, and steadied her breathing. She did not turn around but asked one of the general question that had been weighing heavy on her mind. "Brinley mentioned the... enchantress," she swallowed hard and tried to firm up her face before daring to face the others. "I assume we have her to thank for this whole ordeal?"

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2017, 11:35 am 
Ent
Ent

Brinley nodded solemnly, "She has this grudge against me. I don't know how she knew where I was but it took her a few hours to find me, meaning she'll try to kill me again," he told the room.

Arnwen had been silent at this point, "Enchantress...you told me her name was Nadril? Because I had heard of this name. In the stories we were told as children, she was mentioned as this long-dead woman of the dark arts. How can she be alive still? She was kill well over 2000 years ago. The only evil this land has ever seen," he described and Sygnet confirmed the story. She had been alive during that onslaught of war brought by a single enchantress. She had been defeated thanks to Lady Galadriel.

"How is she back? Her body was destroyed," Sygnet voiced.

Brinley remembered something, "When I saved my Captain, I remember her body almost seeming to be translucent. Perhaps she has no body and is just a vengeful spirit. A powerful, vengeful spirit," Brinley said.

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2017, 6:19 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

"Spirit or not," Esmerelda said, looking at her feet as she leaned her back against the wall. "She has to be able to be killed... right?"

Micha perked up at the conversation of this enchantress. "Killing goblins and orcs is one thing," he told Esmerelda. "But spirits.... it's a whole nother deal." Micha looked to Sygnet. "Perhaps Lady Galadriel should be informed of the situation."

PostPosted: July 6th, 2017, 2:13 am 
Ent
Ent

Arnwen looked at Esmeralda's concerned face, "She was killed once. Hopefully that means she can be killed again. We should go to Lady Galadriel tomorrow morning," he said at Micah's suggestion, "All of you are welcome to sleep here," he gestured at the 3 empty beds and Brinley's. His bed was on the upper floor loft.

Sygnet nodded and thanked him for the offer. It would be nice to sleep together as a family.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2017, 1:18 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda nodded and took a deep breath. "I guess I'll try and get some sleep..." she walked over to a bed and sat down on the edge. She took her braided hair and let it unravel as she pulled the leather strap out of her braid that she had braided into her hair and used to tie the end of her braid. She ran her fingers and ran them through her hair trying in vain to rid it of the many tangles and a short time later gave up the endeavor and lay her head down on the pillow, pulling a thin blanket over herself and up to her chin. Her first instinct was to curl up and tuck her knees to her chest but feeling weird with the others around she lay stiff on the bed.

Micha had nodded in agreement to Arnwen but showed little to no sign of heading for bed. He sat and sorted through the papers from Marl's pack.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2017, 9:04 pm 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet stood and went to tuck Brinley into bed, feeling a little nostalgic for her sickly child. She kissed his head and blew out the candle on his bedside table. She went around the room, blowing out all the candles, bidding Esmerelda goodnight as well before going to sit beside Micha and the last candle still lit on the table.

Brinley had been watching Esmerelda do her best with her hair. The gentle waves from the braid were almost hypnotizing. He smiled at his mother when she tuck him in and told her goodnight.

Arnwen disappeared upstairs to his own bed and left the family alone downstairs.

Sygnet rejoined Micha at the table and just quietly watched him go over the notes Marl had spent the last years of his life making.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2017, 4:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Esmerelda hardly rested and certainly didn't sleep that night. If the enchantress had found Brinley so soon after his arrival at Lorien it would only be a short time before she discovered his survival... if she didn't already know.

Micha had the same thoughts in the back of his mind and pouring himself over the maps and notes gave him something to occupy his mind. He looked up as Sygnet took a seat beside him. He smiled and placed a hand on hers, goving it a gentle squeeze. "Are you tired?" He asked, knowing better than to say she should get some rest.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2017, 12:49 am 
Ent
Ent

Sygnet smiled at him gently, "After nine years of sleeping with you at my side, I don't think I could sleep any other way. I will go to bed when you do," she turned her hand in his and gently gripped it.

Brinley, exhausted as he was, had fallen asleep quite quickly and was gently snoring in the corner bed.

(Feel free to skip :) )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next