Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Over hill, over dale....The Journey of the Three
PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 8:54 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda couldn't help but smile at the obvious joy that was beaming inside of the Lady Eowyn when Aragorn asked her to dance. She dipped her head again after the dark haired man congratulated them again before walking away. After she raised her head, she was surprised to see the men of the world approach and congratulate them.
Never before had she seen so many elves, and even a dwarf in the company of Rohan.
Perhaps these were the days that she could look forward to. Days of peace and unity.
After accepting the gracious gifts, Athilda's heart warmed as King Theoden took their hands in his. She smiled graciously and curtsied low before he left, and before she even had time to speak to her husband about her shock of everything that had just happened, the man who Dunhama had fought with-Durian-came up to them and asked her for a dance.
Her breath caught in her throat as she tried to answer and a blush painted her cheek a bright red. She didn't know what to say. Thankfully, he looked to Dunhama, which gave her a bit of time to recover. She knew that it was tradition for men to ask to dance with the bride, but...well, all she wanted was to be by her husband. To kiss him and be held in his arms.
Her eyes widened in shock at Dunhama's answer, but then they softened again as she processed his words. She had free will.
The breath she had held escaped from her lips and she glanced back at the Dunedain and gave a nervous smile.
"I think a dance would be lovely, milord. And I thank you for the invitation."
She said gently as she offered him her hand.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 12:45 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian smiled when Athilda accepted his hand to dance. They stepped out and moved with a few others, including Chieftain Aragorn and Lady Eowyn. Durian said to Athilda,

”The joy of this day beams from your lovely eyes m’lady. Know that you and Dunhama’s union has blessed many, for it has given the people of this land hope. I must say you are a wonderful dancer as well m’lady.”

They turned and they moved across the dance floor as Durian wished to dance a little longer and he saw Hanasian, one of his Dunedain brethren moving toward them, sure to want to cut in. Durian missed his wife Saranna, and he thought of the last time he was dancing as he looked to Athilda.

--

Railan gave Wulgov a smile at his words. She looked away and turned back to him and said,

”I wish to talk to you more sir, but there is something I must do right now.”

She set her hand on Wulgov’s arm and quickly walked away and came to stand next to Dunhama as he watched Athilda dance. Dunhama looked over at Railan and she smiled. She nervously sipped her wine as her voice in her head said to herself, ‘Just ask him! Now is your chance!’ She gulped down the rest of her wine and nervously set the glass on a passing waiter’s tray then turned to him and said,

”If it be your will and it pleases you, it would be my honour to be able to dance with thee, Dunhama of the Breach.”

Dunhama looked at her and swallowed. Well, it would get out on the dance floor where he could find chance to cut in and dance with his wife later. He smiled and gave her a nod, saying,

”Let’s make it so m’lady!”

Railan took Dunhama’s arm and they stepped out onto the floor and started to dance.

Last edited by Hanasian on October 12th, 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 11:17 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano placed his arm gently around Gaelrin as she struggled. “Weak?” Kano questioned. “You who have born the loss of both parents, survived one of Rohan’s most brutal wars, lost your own mobility, and still made the trek back from Helms Deep? Who in the face of all your turmoil still stand and strive for life and find it inside you to show happiness to the newly weds, even on a day so dark in your own life?” Kano looked to her eyes and it seemed like his own might release a stray tear. “Absolutely not,” he added. “Quite the contrary, milady.”

Kano helped her to her feet and steadied her, then waited for her direction on where she might wish to go. His own ankle hurt him as he hobbled as well, but he paid it no heed, though his limp was evident. He had more important concerns at the moment.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 8:31 pm 
Ent
Ent

As they danced, Athilda couldn't help but yearn for her husband; she wanted to be dancing with him, not with some other man. But when she looked up at the Dunedain and saw his sincerity, she smiled; her smile faded, however as the man's eyes filled with a longing of his own.
"I thank you for your kind words, but it seems to me that something troubles your mind. Forgive me if I am prying, m'lord, but...I know that whoever it is you are missing, I am sure that they are longing for you as well. "
She paused for a brief moment in uncertainty as she noticed Dunhama and the maid Ralian out on the dance floor. From what she could tell, the maid seemed all to keen to be dancing with her husband.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gaelrin attempted to force back the recent memories of her mother being slaughtered and her father being murdered, and she nearly succeeded before she looked into Kano's deep, caring eyes.
Tears ran down her cheeks, stinging them in their wake, and she nodded then wiped the fresh tears away.
"I think....I think I would like to go lie down, please."
She muttered as she looked up into his kind eyes again.
Despite the circumstances, she felt her heart begin to warm and butterflies start to fly around in her stomach. After taking his arm, she winced and let out a small gasp as pain shot up her leg, but she put one foot in front of the other and began to walk back down to her tent.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 11:06 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Grihias stepped out the door and watched as Kano helped Gaelrin walk. He didn't know what to do for his sister and was worried about her. He looked around as he thought of asking the Elven lady if she could see to her, but she had gone into a room with the King and most of the other high folk who had come. Grihias felt helpless. All he could do is trust in Kano to help see to her needs. The boy went back in and stood straight in his position. The guard asked him,

”Is all well young master?”

“As well as can be.”

Grihias answered, looking grim.

Durian smiled at Athilda as he listened to her words. He said,

”No troubles, just missing my wife Saranna. The last time I danced was with her at a grand ball in Imladris, the great house of Elrond Half-Elven. I miss her very much, and I have for keeping my vision of her the day I rode to meet our brethren.”

He turned with Athilda as she looked away, her mind seemingly drifting away. He said,

”M’lady, I can see that you are also distracted. Is there something troubling you”

She looked back at Durian and thought of what to tell him. Meanwhile, Durian led their dance into the direction of her new husband.[/i]

Railan smiled as she and Dunhama danced. She always thought he was handsome, even as a kitchen hand, but she had failed to get him to notice her. A bit of jealousy burned inside her that Athilda managed to gain his attention, and in such a short time, make him her husband. But she stood back and dutifully stepped in and served the Lady Eowyn while Athilda worked elsewhere, and she watched for them while Athilda had time alone with Dunhama in Helms Deep. Was it a small thing to be able to have this dance and be close to Dunhama, even if it was his wedding day?

"I thank thee m'lord Dunhama for this time with you. I must congratulate you on your nuptuals"

Dunhama got into the mood as he danced, and he watched Railan as she turned about. He was having fun, but as they turned about, he saw Athilda and Duurian spinning and stepping finely. Dunhama had little dance experience, and was unsure about the steps as he tried to keep up with Railan. He wanted to lead them toward Athilda so he could switch partners, but Durian was a good dancer. When he sensed someone moving to cut in, he gracefully led Athilda to another part of the floor. He also could tell that Railan was trying to lead him away to the outer edge away from Athilda. Dunhama looked at Railan and smiled at her kind words to him.

"I and my wife Athilda thank thee Lady Railan."

He said, reminding her that he had just married the love of his life. He could see her long blonde locks starting to come loose, and her muted blue eyes beamed at him despite his words. The way she looked at him made him feel awkward and he looked about for Athilda. He then tried to copy what he seen Durian do with his feet and he spun Railan around in an attempt to get back toward the middle of the dance floor. It worked flawlessly. He saw Lady Eowyn dancing close with Aragorn, and just beyond them was Athilda dancing with Durian. They were talking to each other when the music flowed into a slower tune. Railan immediately pressed close to Dunhama, and he lightly held her as he led them toward Durian and Athilda....

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 8:46 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Kano nodded and helped Gaelrin to her tent. He tried to help take as much of her weight off her ankle as he could as they walked. Once there, and once Gaelrin was situated comfortably, he set to starting a fire.

“I’ll leave you to rest whenever you would like,” he told her. “But let me at least see to your fire before I go, if you don’t mind.” Not really waiting for the answer he grabbed some sticks and began setting them in place. He glanced at Gaelrin and wondered where her brother might be. No doubt still at the reception.

The fire kindled quickly, old coals under the ashes flickering to life with remewed vigor as Kano fed them. He placed a few more sticks on before walking bacl to stand beaide Gaelrin. He couldn’t deny he wanted to remain there with her... he hopped she would not send him away. All the same he spoke, “Is there anything else you need before I go?”

He was never one to presume, or so he tried. If the lady wished to rest he figured he best rest as well in his own tent.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 2:10 pm 
Ent
Ent

"You must forgive me, sire. You are a wonderful dancer, and I have enjoyed our time together very much. But...I seem to have desire to dance with my husband....if you wouldn't mind?"
Athilda asked Durian as their pace slowed down to match the tempo of the music. Her cheeks reddened and she glanced away from Durian's eyes, for she felt that perhaps she was not fulfilling the duties of one who had their reception in the Great Hall.
Her eyes flicked back up to his and she smiled, genuinely happy.
"Sir Durian, please forgive me if I offend. Your wife is very lucky indeed to have such a wonderfully kind and honorable man as a husband. Perhaps someday soon you will be able to dance with her again?"
Relief washed over Gaelrin as they entered her and her brothers' tent, and when Kano helped her to her bed, the pain in her leg became bearable.
"Thank you."
She answered quietly with a small, awkward smile. She didn't want Kano to go, for she enjoyed his company. She liked talking with him and liked being able to share her grief with him. It was as if he understood her.
"Um...no, I think I have everything....except....will you- will you stay?"

PostPosted: October 18th, 2017, 7:38 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Durian smiled at Athilda’s words and said as they turned about,

”Yes… yes, one day… when all this…”

Durian’s grey eyes faded into a grim look peering far away into the future, but Athilda’s beaming eyes and smile brought him back. He went on as they slowly turned on the dance floor,

”Let us not mar this beautiful occasion with my thoughts and words. Should you and Dunhama find yourself on the Great East Road near the Arnorian land of Rhuadur, you will be welcome at Saranna and my place at any time. And now, I present you to your husband!”

Duriandrew away and spun Athilda about as he lifted her hand, and with a swift graceful move, stepped over and cut in between Railan and Dunhama and took Railan’s hand. Seeing them draw near, Dunhama nervously contemplated how he could gracefully get away from the eager closeness of Railan, not expecting Durian to make it so easy. Before she knew what happened, Durian drew Railan close and they twirled away and disappeared among the other dancers. Dunhama heaved a sigh of relief as he looked upon Athilda's beautiful face. She was suddenly in his arms and instead of trying to keep some distance, smiled as he wrapped his arms around her and drew her close to him in an embrace. He kissed her and pressed his cheek against her as he closed his eyes. He said softly as he felt Athilda’s arms tighten about him,

”I missed thee beloved, even for these few moments, it seemed so long! I Love thee m’lady, my dear wife!”

He melted into her as they swayed gently to the music.

Durian smiled as Railan’sstartled blue eyes looked at him, She settled in but was clearly distracted as they danced. Durian whispered as she saw Dunhama and Athilda dancing close in the middle of the floor,

”You need to let your desires for him go m’lady.”

Railan blinked, realizing she was being too obvious with her lust for Dunhama and blushed. After they turned around, she smiled at Durian and said,

”You are perceptive kind sir, and you are right. Forgive my folly. For I have long desired to be with Dunhama, but he noticed me not, and his heart now belongs to Athilda.”

Railan drew closer to Durian, and he danced them toward the edge of the dance floor. Durian said,

”Allow me to introduce you to my fellow Dunedain comrade Hanasian.”

Durian turned Railan to Hanasian, who looked into her eyes and smiled. Durian went on,

”Hanasian, this is lady…”

“Railan”

She said as she curtsied, discreetly looking Hanasian over.

”M’lady.”

Hanasian said as he bowed his head to her.

”May I have this dance?’

He said, and Railan blinked her eyes and smiled.

”Yes m’lord. I would be honoured to dance with you.”

He took her hand and she smiled. Hanasian drew her close and gave Durian a look over her shoulder as they stepped onto the dance floor. The two Dunedain Rangers signaled much to each other in that brief moment.

Wulgov finished the glass of wine Railan had given him, and he poured himself another. He watched as Railan danced her way from Dunhama to a couple of the Dunedain. He frowned, knowing the lady would prefer the high men of the north to him. Maybe before the reception was over he would get to dance with her. We would like to dance with Athilda too, but he could see that she and Dunhama were bonded as one on the dance floor. A slight throb of pain in his leg reminded him thst he had been walking around more than was usual for him. He was not yet fully recovered, and he knew little of dancing anyway, so he leaned against the wall and sipped his wine, watching both Lady Athilda and Lady Railan.

Grihias also watched. He watched Wulgov more than any other, but he was becoming bored. The guard smiled as the boy fidgeted.

”Young master, your watch has ended. You are free to leave your post.”

Grihias sighed. He was gladthe guard said that. He could now could leave the reception honourably. He went outside where the sun and clouds and wind from Snowbourne wrestled for the afternoon. The westering sun was losing its battle to warm the lands, and the grey wisps of misty cloud blew by along the ground dampening all that was in its path. Grihias considered going to his tent, but remembered Gaelrin had gone that way with Kano. He looked around. Maybe he would go exploring…

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 6:17 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano smiled and took a seat beside Gaelrin. “Of course,” he replied softly. “I would like nothing more.” Kano glanced at her eyes and for a moment he found himself transfixed. He blinked, his heart beat speading up but quickly calming. “I’m sorry... I don’t mean to stare...” He glanced at her ankle and right away busied himself dggimg through his pouch for some salves and a wrap. “Here, let me look at your ankle and re-wrap it. We best be sure it is supported properly... and I’ll get something to elivate it.”

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 8:23 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda smiled warmly as she uttered words of thanks to Durian for the invitation to his home, but before she could say anything else, the man lifted her hand and she spun...right into her husbands' arms.
"Dunhama!" She exclaimed joyfully as he drew in her into his embrace, kissed her, then swayed cheek to cheek.
"I have missed being wrapped in your strong arms. It is my hope and desire to dance with you and only you before we depart from this Hall."
Her cheeks turned a shade of red as she revealed her hope, but she knew that he felt it too.
After a few moments of swaying, Athilda's eyelashes fluttered open, then quickly shut again due to whose gaze she'd met.
It was Wulgov.
Why did he make her feel this way? Was something wrong with her?
A small sigh escaped her lips and she leaned back for a moment to gaze into Dunhama's eyes.
"My love, may we talk in private?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The corner of Gaelrins' lips turned up into a smile as Kano sat down beside her, but her cheeks were quickly filled in with a deep shade of red as he met and held her gaze.
Her heart skipped a beat and butterflies filled her stomach, and when he finally spoke, she glanced down and caught her breath.
How was it possible that he could find anything to like about her? She blinked and pushed away that thought, then nodded and carefully lifted her ankle up until it rested on a log.
"Thank you."
She whispered as she lifted her gaze to his face.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 9:33 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Kano tended to gaelrin’s ankel gently, removing the old bandage with care and examining the injury. “It seems to be healing well... from what I can tell,” he said, then shrugged. “Not that i’m a healer.” Ever so carefully Kano rubbed a fresh application of the ethelas salve on Gaelrin’s ankle. As his hand ran across her skin his mind seemed to wande. Her leg was propped in his other hand and held carefully up off the pillow it had laid on. He took a deep breath, noticing his hands had slowed from their task. He went back to applying the ointment and reached for a bandage when he noticed Gaelrin’s gaze on him.

The tent was large, but still the fire only dimy lit their surroundings. It cast an amber glow on Gaelrin’s face and Kano once more found his hands stalling in their task. A stray lock of hair fell over the fair young women’s shoulder and the flicker of fire in her eyes seemed entrancing.

Again, Kano took andeep breath and wrapped Gaelrin’s ankle. “I’m sorry,” was all he said this time as he diverted his eyes. His heart told him to say more but his mind hushed his attempts. Once the ankle was finished, however, there was a short moment of silence. Kano took a seat back beside Gaelrin and then breathed out before he said. “I feel I need to appologize. I didn’t mean to stare... though I hope you do not mind. I don’t...” he paused and seemed thoughtful for a moment, then looked Gaelrin in the eye as he continued. “I don’t know much of the proper ways of courtship, I’m afraid... especially of Rohan. In spite of such, I would like to ask officially, for your companionship. I thought to wait on such matters, but my feelings for you won’t allow it.”

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 10:41 pm 
Ent
Ent

No matter how heavy her heart felt, and no matter how badly her ankle hurt, Gaelrin felt as though she were being pulled towards her friend. But not in a bad way, or a forced way. Rather, much of the opposite was happening.
Whenever he talked to her, she felt comfort-like she was talking not just to a friend, but to someone who meant more than that-and when he looked at her, well....
A small sigh escaped her lips and she blinked in sudden shock at his question, for she had been so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she nearly missed his words.
"I....um..."
Her voice trailed off as she looked down at her hands for the right words. After a few moments, however, she looked into his eyes and smiled.
"You don't have to apologize for anything. You are new to Rohan, so of course the rules of courtship would be foreign to you...."
She glanced down again and blushed, hoping that she hadn't said anything offensive.
"What I...what I mean to say is....yes. I would very much like that."

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 11:16 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama slid his hand gently over her back, closing his eyes at every sound she made. He turned slowly and said as the song was finishing,

"Yes my love. Let us walk out onto the courtyard and look over the valley."

He held her hand as they made their way from the hall through a passage behind the throne. Durian and Hanasian saw them leave, ad they silently took up position each side of the door. They would watch while the bride and groom took a moment for themselves.

Coming outside, the damp misty wind ripped at them, and Dunhama drew Athilda close to him. There was ony the sound of the wind pulling at the banners. Dunhama sighed as his fingers gently started to undo her braid. He said,

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, as one. Tell me dear love, what is troubling you"[/i]

He stepped back from her only slightly as he took her hand and set his other by her cheek, trying to shield her from the incessant misty wind.

Railan smiled as Hanasian looked at her when the song ended. He caught Durian's eye and nodded slightly. He said,

"My Lady Railan, This dance was most enjoyable. I wish to dance again with you before this day is done, but right now there is a duty I must attend to. I will look for you when I am done."

He lifted her hand and gave it a light hiss, and Railan blushed. She watched him go to Durian, and they went to guard the door to the courtyard. She sighed and went over to get herself another glass of wine.

Wulgov came up behind her and said, startling her,

"The red you had seems to have gone. But there is this heavier red. It is a bit stronger and is not to everyone's liking."

Railan shrugged and offered an empty glass for Wulgov to fill. He watched her as she took a drink. Her eyes sparkled and she licked her lips. She said,

"It is quite dry, but I could get used to this. Thank you kind sir."

She turned and eyed Hanasian from afar, standing tall by that door.

Last edited by Hanasian on October 22nd, 2017, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 2:58 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda was glad to be finally alone with her husband, even if it was in the open where everyone could see; even if the wind did bring a slight chill to her, she was content. But as she looked into his eyes, she remembered why she had brought him here.
To tell him the truth.
A shiver ran down her spine and she instinctually laid her head on his chest and rested her hands on his arms.
"Dunhama, I...I wanted to tell you the truth about....well, about your uncle. When I was tending to him, back in Helm's Deep....nearly every time that I was with him, I felt....something. I felt drawn to him...as if I was under some sort of spell. I...I don't have feelings for him, Dunhama. That I know is true. But....I wanted to tell you, to be honest with you. And...well, I'd understand if you wanted to shun me. I....I'm so sorry, my husband."
She shut her eyes and breathed in his wonderful scent, hoping beyond anything that he would not shun or disown her.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2017, 5:07 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Dunhama held Athilda close as she lay her head on his chest. Though the misty dampness started to cling to them, he could feel Athilda's warmth against him. His hand gently held her head as his fingers gently played with her hair as he said in a hushed voice,

"Dear beloved wife, fear ye not that I would shun you ever, for you are the love of my life and I could no more walk away from you than I could from myself. We are married and are as one. It warms my heart even more that you can be honest with me and tell me of this. Wulgov, if he is indeed my uncle, has a certain.... way with his voice and words. It seems sometimes as though he and Grima had drank from the same cup offered by Saruman. Be wary of him my love, for I fear all is not what it seems with him and his words."

With the music inside starting and quietly seeking them outside, he swayed with Athilda out on the courtyard as the sun burst a deep yellow-orange beam upon them. It's reach touched them with a slight warmth, but too soon the grey misty clouds closed around them again. Dunhama kissed her hair and said as he looked into her beautiful eyes,

"Shall we walk back through the Hall, and I leave word that you have grown quite tired? We could then retire for the evening and be alone?"

Athilda pressed into him a bit more as she closed her eyes...

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2017, 8:08 pm 
Ent
Ent

Athilda pressed into him a bit more as she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath; She felt as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. No longer did she have to walk on eggshells around her husband, for now they were one. She bore her heart's secrets, and instead of tossing her to the side-which is what most men would have done-he treated her with kindness and love.
A sigh escaped her lips as a moment passed and as she leaned away from him, she looked up into his deep eyes and smiled.
"I love thee, my husband. All I wish is to be with you forever."
Then she lifted her hand and rested it on his stubbly cheek before she tilted her head and kissed him gently on the lips.
"To answer you, yes; I would like that very much."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 45  Next