Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next

Do you like Coffee?
No 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Yes 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Coffee??????
PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 12:49 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I sent a polite query as to the status of my order. Meanwhile I went to the local roaster and got a kilo. I'm also going to order some Swiss Chocolate coffee from the South Australian mob I got it from before. Thought the local Queensland place would be quicker, but I was wrong.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:18 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Evil.Shieldmaiden wrote:
I suspect none of us would make it through the programme successfully. :lol:

I suspect that is a verry accurate deduction. Lol

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 10:31 am 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Jax Nova wrote:
Evil.Shieldmaiden wrote:
I suspect none of us would make it through the programme successfully. :lol:

I suspect that is a verry accurate deduction. Lol

With so many lunatic nutcases running around raving against all sorts of things I’m almost wondering why no foam-mouthed anti-caffeine fundamentalists have yet showed up – or at least made it into the “news” of ratings-desperate “media outlets”. Or am I just watching too little of the relevant TV and / or not visiting the “right” Internet sites?

(Should anyone believe they have found sarcasm in my post here, they are very welcome to rent the maybe 500 or so dump trucks to carry it away.)

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Gandolorin wrote:
With so many lunatic nutcases running around raving against all sorts of things I’m almost wondering why no foam-mouthed anti-caffeine fundamentalists have yet showed up – or at least made it into the “news” of ratings-desperate “media outlets”. Or am I just watching too little of the relevant TV and / or not visiting the “right” Internet sites?
Actually, a couple of recent studies have indicated that people who drink 3 cups of coffee daily are apt to retain their faculties into old age. Of course those who moan about the caffeine in coffee, probably don't drink the 3 cups of coffee daily, and so are less likely to retain their faculties, and retain the ability to read the studies: one point for us coffee drinkers (sarcastic, or otherwise).

PostPosted: October 10th, 2017, 4:09 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

I was kind of thinking of the people who mostly think with the reptile-derived parts of their brains (hey! for some reason I even remembered the Latin name from biology class back in 1970-71: medulla oblongata, a part of the brain stem). The knee-jerk crowd. Those -in and -ine endings, caffeine, nicotine, mescaline, codeine, morphine, heroin, cocaine, etc. should lead them to (higher, i.e. cerebrum-) brain-less snapping reactions. But then opium, crystal meth, crack, the hemp derived stuff all does not fall into these knee-jerk-inciting categories … oh well. :lost:

Anyway, three cups. Maximum? Minimum? During breakfast or spread over the whole day? Is there an earliest and / or latest limit for drinking it? Mugs or Espresso thimbles? Milk, cream, sugar, what variant of each … ? This is all too vague, sloppily described, with very fuzzy borders, ambivalent … which faculties? To what age? What are the genetic differences which may have an influence? What effects of cross-influence with which other biologically effective agents in which combinations and dosages are known? :huh:

(Ouch. Now I have a headache.) :dizzy:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 11:57 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Lol Dont gove them any ideas Gandolorin! I garantee you if they think they can make money with that, someone would try it!

PostPosted: October 12th, 2017, 2:44 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

@ Gando: The following article appeared in the Toronto Sun on Tuesday, July 11, 2017:

If you need that third cup of coffee to make if through your afternoon meeting but worry how it might affect your health, have no fear.

Drinking three cups of coffee a day could help extend your life, new research suggests.

Two major studies — one America, one British — have found links between drinking coffee and reduced risks of liver disease, circulatory problems and diseases linked to the digestive tract.

Researchers believe it is the antioxidant plant compounds found in coffee, rather than the caffeine content, that are responsible for the health benefits. Therefore, people who drank decaffeinated coffee also received the benefits.

According to the scientists, drinking coffee seemed to improve liver function, reduce inflammation and help boost the immune system.

In the study led by the Imperial College of London and the UN International Agency for Research on Cancer, 520,000 people in 10 countries were tracked for 16 years.

It found that men who drank three cups of joe per day were 18% less likely to die during the study period than people who drank no coffee. Women had an 8% reduced chance of death.

"We found higher coffee consumption was associated with a lower risk of death from any cause, and specifically for circulatory diseases, and digestive diseases," said Dr. Marc Gunter of the IARC.

The U.S. study, led by the University of Southern California, found similar results. Americans who drank one cup of coffee per day were 12% less likely to die than those who chose to live java-free. Participants who drank three cups had an 18% reduced chance of death.

Researchers found coffee drinkers had healthier livers overall and better glucose control than non-coffee drinkers.

But don't start guzzling down countless cups.

"We are not at the stage of recommending people to drink more or less coffee," said Gunter. "Our results suggest that moderate coffee drinking — up to around three cups per day — is not detrimental, and that incorporating coffee into your diet could have health benefits."

PostPosted: October 13th, 2017, 7:52 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

The lady apologized that her email system didn't alert her to my order, so she went out of the way to get my my coffee, and threw in some extra samples. My verdict on the Swiss Chocolate coffee is still out as it mixed with the Zambian beans already in the coffer. The aroma says the other mob had better coffee. But smell can be deceiving. ;)

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 4:22 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

That is an excellent article ES! On top of that i have also read that 3 cups a day or more greatly reduces the chance of old age dementia. (Also heard that it can be decafinated)

Well, at least you finally gpt it Hanasian! Swiss Chocolate spunds good.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2017, 5:45 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this roaster's attempt at Swiss Chocolate Coffee. I want to like it, but it tastes like coffee with the slightest bit of dark chocolate on the back side.
I guess I got spoiled by the other mob in Adelaide's batch. It's just the shipping is high and they only sell 250 gram bags.
:confused:

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 17th, 2017, 8:23 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, drinking good coffee will spoil you! Lol

I opened a new bag of organic breakfast blend, low acidic antioxidant coffee today. Has a really good coffee flavor and hardly any bitter at all. A reall nice coffee.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 3:28 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Jax Nova wrote:
Yeah, drinking good coffee will spoil you! Lol
Isn't that the truth.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2017, 5:50 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

*nods* It’s like eating good ice cream. Once you start you can hardly stand to go back to the cheap stuff. Lol :p

PostPosted: October 20th, 2017, 10:01 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

I kinda gave up drinking that Swiss Chocolate coffee. Their Dark Italian Roast is quite nice though.

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 2:26 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I'm still enjoying the cinnamon/clove coffee.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2017, 6:20 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Experimented with making my own chocolate coffee by using a bit of dark chicolate in the grind. Not bad!

~ ~ ~

- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 43  Next