Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 43  Next

Do you like Coffee?
No 31%  31%  [ 11 ]
Yes 69%  69%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: Re: Coffee??????
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 9:03 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Damn! This South Australia mob's Swiss Chocolate Coffee Beans are head over heals better than the local mob. Morning coffee is yum!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2017, 9:21 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Jax Nova wrote:
So... I named a nanny goat Coffee Bean. I am thinking g I will name her first two kids Arabica and Robusta.... :P
Cute, Jax. :-D

PostPosted: November 4th, 2017, 2:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

My wife fine-tunes the amount of water in our drip coffee machine. I fine-tune the amount of ground coffee that goes in the paper filter. But as is tradition with almost all of our gadgets that have a start button, I’m the one who gets to push that.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 7:02 pm 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Gandolorin wrote:
My wife fine-tunes the amount of water in our drip coffee machine. I fine-tune the amount of ground coffee that goes in the paper filter. But as is tradition with almost all of our gadgets that have a start button, I’m the one who gets to push that.

:lol:

Enjoying my 2nd cup of Swiss Chocolate Coffee this lovely morning!

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 8:25 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Tried the Arabica ..... a bit too strong for my taste, but a lovely flavour. I am going to blend it with my usual coffee, and see how it goes.

PostPosted: November 8th, 2017, 9:26 pm 
Istari
Istari

Location: I've been where Aragorn hasn't, but I now live in a cross between Hobbiton and Rivendell.

Evil.Shieldmaiden wrote:
Tried the Arabica ..... a bit too strong for my taste, but a lovely flavour. I am going to blend it with my usual coffee, and see how it goes.

I'm a bit puzzled - I'm certain I driveled on about coffee somewhere (about the time in the office where I bought three different blends of Arabica for a Philips pads-using single-cup machine). Anyway, the two most common coffee beans are the Arabica (up to 80% of production world-wide) and Robusta (around 20%). Now, the Robusta bean definitely has a much heavier caffeine kick! But there are different breeds of both beans, I’m certain, and what coffee manufacturers do is very much blending to produce, as far as possible, a uniform product. So perhaps your coffee is a milder blend, E~S, and the Arabica you tried is on the heftier side (had you tried a hefty Robusta, then you four furfriends might have ended up in hiding places as far away from you as their respective flight reflexes and capabilities allowed them to reach due to your reaction to it). :lol:

PostPosted: November 11th, 2017, 11:40 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Mine is Murchie's Best Coffee. Murchie's has been around ever since I can remember in Vancouver. They have a number of locations, and the coffee and tea products can be purchased on line as well. They are also located on the Island, and are an old-fashioned British style purveyor of fine coffees and teas. I have put the link below:

https://www.murchies.com

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 1:12 pm 
Istari
Istari

Well, yes, but does Murchie’s declare which beans go into their coffee (blend)? I may be kidding myself, but I have the impression that in Germany (the EU?) food manufacturers may need to provide more detail about specific contents than elsewhere. But then you might be surprised how small printing can get on packages containing edible things. :dizzy:

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 7:39 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

They do. They use 100% Arabica beans. I must say the roast on the medium Murchie's Best is way nicer than the recent one I bought.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2017, 10:10 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

It seems like almost everything I see in stores around here is Arabica. Not sure I have ever noticed any coffee that states it is from the Rubusta beans. (Maybe I don't shop for expensive enough coffee?? lol)

Anywho, I finally opened my cinnamon coffee and it has a rather good cinnamon flavor other than a slight hint of an undertone that tastes like it is an artificial cinnamon flavoring.... :/ Was not terribly impressed. So I mixed it half and half with a breakfast blend and that turned out exceptionally. Just enough cinnamon to taste it, yet enough of the other to hide that undertoned after taste that I didn't like.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 2:56 pm 
Istari
Istari

Funny. The Wiki article specifically about the robusta claims that it accounts for 40% of global coffee production, while the general article claims 20%.

Anyway, robusta seems to be used much in blends with Arabica, instant coffee and espresso being mentioned. Perhaps it is also more popular outside of Europe and its offshoots, as it is stated to be easier and cheaper to produce, but has some taste issues, greater bitterness being specifically mentioned.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2017, 5:49 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Hm... Interesting. I guess that would make sense why I see the Arabica everywhere. I would be.interested in trying the Robusta, though. Just so I could taste the difference.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 3:55 pm 
Istari
Istari

There were times long ago, when I still lived as a bachelor where I mostly drank instant coffee. This was long before the newfangled gadgets with pads or plastic or aluminum pods for quick brewing were developed (and some of those gadgets were and are quite expensive!). And also for a long time, espressos and cappuccinos and whatnot were almost exclusively to be had at restaurants or bars. So perhaps Arabica is to be found in the retail market, while Robusta (thinking about it being cheaper to produce) may have been more common in the wholesale market. Speculation, of course.

PostPosted: November 14th, 2017, 6:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

I guess that might make sense. I may have to look into it.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2017, 7:01 pm 
Istari
Istari

We went through a full pot (nominally 12 cups) and a reduced pot (nominally 7 cups) today. Then we went shopping and arrived back home without incident. :)

PostPosted: November 18th, 2017, 12:45 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Gandolorin wrote:
We went through a full pot (nominally 12 cups) and a reduced pot (nominally 7 cups) today. Then we went shopping and arrived back home without incident. :)
Are you some sort of "who can drink the most coffee in a day" competition with Jax? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 43  Next