Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Videogame thread - What are you playing?
PostPosted: November 19th, 2017, 2:39 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Bellatrix wrote:
I have noooo idea what to play. I play Don't Starve [...]

I recently bought Don't Starve on a Steam sale! Haven't played more than 2 hours but like it so far. Love the style of the graphics :)

Otherwise I don't play as much video games as I'd like (the time just disappears...) but when I do I tend to play Witcher 3 and Lord of the Rings Online, and I recently "finished" (e.g. finished the main storyline of the game/dlc) Skyrim and Shadow of Mordor.

The crownless again shall be king. ~

PostPosted: November 19th, 2017, 8:15 pm 
Maia
Maia

I've been playing Animal Crossing- Happy Home Designer. This game is so cute.

PostPosted: November 20th, 2017, 6:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

What server and class do you play on LOTR online Anduril?

I used to play that game all the time, but now we don't have.internet other than on my phone. So MMOs are kind of not an option sadly. They are my favorite type of game, honestly.

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 7:51 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Jax Nova wrote:
What server and class do you play on LOTR online Anduril?

I used to play that game all the time, but now we don't have.internet other than on my phone. So MMOs are kind of not an option sadly. They are my favorite type of game, honestly.

I was on Nimrodel until the world consolidation, and now I'm mostly on Arkenstone. My highest lvl char is a hunter, but I have a minstrel and a lore master in their 50s as well, and I've tried some other classes that I haven't leveled so far. Though it varies a lot how much I play since I think it was more fun the first 50 levels (spent soooo much time in the game the first 1-2 years of playing), after that the quests are sadly just the same quests one has done before, in my opinion. But fun anyway.
Sorry to hear that you can't play it :/

PostPosted: November 24th, 2017, 7:40 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

I had a warden on Arkenstone, but that was ahead ago. I never did get into the warden too much. Hunters were fun, though. :) Lore Master was too.

Yeah, hopefully at some point we can get the internet back. Then I am just going to haven't decided between LOTR online or Star wars the Old republic online. Lol hard choice for me!

I know what you mean about the time, though, and the later levels just being repeats. I had the most fun in the first 60 lvls or so.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2017, 7:03 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I tried warden once... I remember it was a bit complicated with the "gambit" (?) system. But that was on another account, I haven't unlocked warden on my account.

Don't choose, play both! :P

PostPosted: November 26th, 2017, 9:43 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, the gambits were what turned me off. That and the fact that if you played them right you could OP anyone and anything in the moors. I once was in a 20 man raid and we beat on a single warden for 38 minutes and never got him beneath half health. O_o

Lol, I might have to try that. The only bad thing about that option is I have very limited time to play games or even be on the computer... so it is hard to get much done in an MMO when you split time between games. Who knows, though, it may keep them more fresh to me if I go between the two. *shrugs* I've honestly never tried. lol I've always had basically one game I play at a time.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 8:50 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Wow that's really OP O.O I kind of hope they've nerfed it since...

Yeah you're right about that. And it is fun to get completely immersed in just one game, and not be distracted by another. But well, I guess it depends on the game

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 1:24 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, no kidding. Lol It has been a while since that fight so they may have nerfed the wardens. It has been quite some time since I have played.

Yeah, it does certainly depend on the game. For me, star wars and LOTR are like a golden ticket. :P You add MMO on to that I am have to play it! Lol

PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 5:38 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Or maybe that is one of the reasons the warden isn't unlocked for f2p players :P

Yeah MMOs are great. And LOTRO has such a beautiful and large world, and great music as well. And festivals! Love the Haunted Burrow :P Haven't played other MMOs very much. Spent some time in Runes of Magic, and that was fun until I was stuck because all the quests needed a group to complete. And there was a dragon MMO as well... Dragon's Prophet I think it was. Though, of course, as in the later levels of LOTRO these MMOs also had the same type of quests so it felt like I had done them all before.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 5:16 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeah, the MMO world could use some diversity, for sure. I have had.tons of ideas on how to do that. Just need to get me a job for content writer on one of those things! Lol That'd be the job!

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 10:47 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

That would be awesome! :-D What kind of ideas have you had? I've just figured that it is difficult to keep games varied when they are so big, as MMOs typically are. I mean, I believe there are a limited number of quests possible and even if they try to make them different there will still be much similarities in the end.

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2017, 11:31 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

It would be hard and take a ton of work for the coding, but I think it could be done.

I would like to see lots of "games inside of games" where (starwars for example) you can go into the cantina and play a game of cards, sign up for duels, take dance classes, play Djerik, etc... Have podracing at the tracks and let the players sign up and race. Etc... The possibilities there are almost endless.

Then, have unique quests that pop up randomly and like only 15 people or something can get it before it disappears. Put them the NPCs and quest.givers in really random weird places, though, to encourage map exploration. Starwars Galaxies did collections and I thought that was an amazing idea. Having good housing and decoration options add a lot also. Things to keep people entertained even outside the main storyline of the game.

Then, for quests, have writers write an actual book. Mystery, suspense, action, etc... Then take those stories and turn them into quests.

A huge employment system would be great, too. Where you could buy and enter almost any building in the game, start a business, etc....

Lol but anyhow, I'll stop there. :P Lots of other ideas, but the coding and time for programing to do that would be a TON.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2017, 12:03 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

That sounds like great ideas! :) In LOTRO I think they have two places, I think, were players kan play tag or freeze tag, though I haven't see many players use it, unfortunately...

PostPosted: December 7th, 2017, 12:25 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Yeaj, I loved the addition of the festivals, tag, and the treasure hunts etc... I think that is exactilly the kind of stuff that the game needs to stay alive.

I would like to see them put moreninto the things like that. Take the horse races and make them an any time thing. Make it ao you can gain skill, buy better mounts, compete and win money etc... basically make it a full fledged racing game inside of LOTR online. If they did that with enough things... people would never log on and not have something to do. If they were bored of one thing there would be tons of other options to turn to.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2017, 10:35 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Yes exactly, and they've changed some things over the years that goes in the opposite direction. For example, before you had to complete a horse race to be able to barter for a festival horse, but now you just need enough festival tokens. And that is a really small thing I know, but it made a big difference. Suddenly there's barely any use in doing the horse races. It doesn't help that they are far away from the most active festival grounds either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next