Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Waning Days of King Valacar ~ OOC Commentary
PostPosted: October 12th, 2018, 5:04 am 
Elf
Elf

Ok...so just jumped us forward to Mettarë. Hope what I wrote about Amarwen and Almara fits.

Introduced the beginning of the plot line that will eventually lead to Farien's arrest and Amarwen's return to Edhellond.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2018, 11:44 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Cool cool. I will go read it now. :)

Visit The Varsian Kingdom!

Profile       WWW     YIM        

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2018, 5:31 am 
Elf
Elf

Rightio - More plot development. Things have escalated between Aldamir & Amarwen but this is gonna kick off a range of repercussions...It won't be smooth sailing for the betrothed pair, or the realm as things continue to slide over 2 years towards Valacar's death and Eldacar's rise to the throne.

Politics, machinations, rivals, enforced absences/separations, assassination attempts...a dash of treason for good measure, in more ways than one.

Bring it! :yes:

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2018, 7:39 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Location: In a pudle on Naboo with dragon kind and ents and Jedi and wolves living in the Last Homely House!

Sounds like the makings of a story. ;)

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2018, 4:38 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Good writing everyone! This is also a test for Elora's notification alerts (different IP)

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2018, 8:13 pm 
Elf
Elf

No alert for that last message, Hanasian. I notice that I do receive reliable notifications when Jax posts. Intermittent notifications when Hanasian posts, though despite us both operating off the same IP at him, I did get the notifications for your last RP post, Hanasian.

Go figure *shrug*

PostPosted: October 29th, 2018, 9:26 am 
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor
Dunedain Ranger of Arnor

Sounds pretty random. :closedeyes:

Yestarë ~ 1431
What is in store for Gondor? Here is how I see it:
Things will continue to deteriorate, and King Valacar's health will decline toward the latter half of the year. Eldacar will become regent toward the end of the year setting off a full-fledged rebellion in Pelargir and the surrounding province.

I am working on a Halvarin post for Yestare but the hour has grown late and mty typing is suffering for it. That and the fack Scooter our cat if climbing all over me in front of me and standing on the mousepad.

The Free Company of Arnor
~ ~ ~

Durian: Dúnedain Ranger of the North: Rhudaurian Lineage
- - - -
Roleplay Repository

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 29th, 2018, 6:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

^^ case in point :lol:

Sounds good to me, Hanasian.

Apologies for monster post. Some "Easter Eggs" embedded in it:

1) Amarwen's state of mind - the past six months have been difficult for her, to say the least. She has reconstructed her heart and her life but she is changed. The bitter lessons learned haunt her, leave her vulnerable.

2) Amarwen's letters - she's still writing them...yet Halvarin's father is not aware of them. Who has them? Farien? Or are they waiting at the Academy, unread by Halvarin now that he no longer resides there.

3) Almara & Amarwen - some insight, I hope, both on the work the two share, just what Amarwen has been working on with Aldamir and the friendship between the two women. How much will Almara divulge to Amarwen?

4) Vinyarion - clearly he's become estranged from Halvarin (stands to reason given preceding events) but is worried for his friend - but Amarwen proves unable or unwilling to intervene (convinced that she is no longer welcome in Halvarin's life in any form). Given his propensity for "fixing" things, he just might go elsewhere to fix the mess he thinks his friend has made of his career. But who? His father, his grandfather, his uncle?

PostPosted: October 30th, 2018, 9:48 am 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

*Thumbs up*

Heading over to the thread now.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2018, 8:27 pm 
Elf
Elf

Mwahahahahahahaha - Amarwen is busy recruiting, but will the recruits play ball...and will Aldamir agree to what she will propose.

Hullo incipient Spy Mistress of Gondor.

PostPosted: October 31st, 2018, 4:24 pm 
Elf
Elf

Alrighty - for context/info purposes....Amarwen's mystery letters to Halvarin:

Amarwen’s Letters

Early Cermië – 1430

I’m so confused. I do not understand it. Lisawyn in your arms mere moments after I left them.

You told me that you loved me. You told me that my betrothal would not be an end to us. Was it all lies? I cannot believe that you would be so cruel. I cannot believe that I could have misjudged your character all these years. Was it all just an act?

I know I said I would let it rest, but this is driving me mad. What did I miss? I cannot tell whether you have deceived me and I was simply too stupid to see it or if I have deceived myself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Late Cermië – 1430

What is wrong with me? You turned your back on me. And yet, all I can think of is you. I want to be free of you. Just as you have freed yourself from me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Early Yavannië – 1430

A report came today of a ship sunk. All hands lost with it. As I heard it, I felt sick to my stomach. What if you had been aboard? It was all I could think of.

I do not why I still care. But I do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid Yavannië – 1430

Why will you not speak to me? Just a note. It doesn’t have to be long. Are you alive? Were you on that ship? I cannot obtain a manifest of those onboard. The Guild refuses to release it. I beg of you, please, tell me you live.

Please! Have mercy on me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid Narquelië – 1430

Father sent me a copy of the manifest. Your name is not amongst those lost. Is torturing me a game for you? Are you enjoying this?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Late Narquelië – 1430

I cannot change what has been done. I cannot force you to love me. But I can, and I will, forgive you. I must. For my own sanity, if nothing else.

I must stop dwelling on what has happened. We were not always like this. I must remember the kinder, gentler days. I was happy, then.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid Hísimë – 1430

Final results for the year come out soon. I imagine you will have done well.

I really should stop writing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Early Ringarë – 1430

How do you know if you love someone? I used to think I knew. I do not want to repeat the same mistakes again. I am not sure I could bear that anguish a second time. It is a nightmare, Hal, to believe in your heart of hearts that you are not loved.

I would not wish that on my worst enemy. Or you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Late Ringarë – 1430

It will be Mettarë soon. I find myself thinking of times you joined us for the season at Edhellond. Remember when we snuck into the cellars and drank some wine? There will be none of that here. The palace cellars are kept under lock and key...and you should see the fellow that has the key.

I think even Vinyarion would think twice about stealing the cellar key from him.

Even though you probably will not read this...for what it is worth, I hope that you have a wonderful Mettarë. And I hope that you can find it within you to wish for me the same.

May the New Year bring peace.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 12:03 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

:) *thumbs up*

Been rather busy as of late, but I am going to try and get a post up sometime today.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 2:26 pm 
Elf
Elf

No worries Jax - we’re both rattling around Seattle at the moment catching up with family. :)

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 10:41 pm 
Warden of the Knight
Warden of the Knight

Alrighty. :)

I got my post up. Hopefully there were not too many typos. My small phone keyboard is a pain and I didn’t have the patience to re-read it all. Lol

PostPosted: November 19th, 2018, 5:53 pm 
Elf
Elf

I cannot believe you post from your phone. :blink:

An impossible task, if you ask me. Which you didn't, soooo moving on.... I placed both Amarwen & Almara in Aldamir's chambers, hoping for some time with the prince.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2018, 1:00 am 
Elf
Elf

A "final" (is it really?) letter from Amarwen written in the span of time between Almara departing and returning to the palace - one of the reasons Amarwen has not progressed as far as she might have hoped.

Quote:

Kerina

I can’t help but wonder who she is. In what ways are we different. How she won your heart when I failed. Another question: how swiftly did you throw me over for her?

There is nothing to be gained by claiming otherwise. It is done and picking over the bones of past avails us nothing.

I have tried, almost to the point of exhaustion, to recover something of what we once shared. Before all of this. But now there is Kerina to consider.

I can hear what you might be thinking, should you even read this. I have no right to condemn you to a lonely life, pining away. This is true, Hal, but here is the rub. My betrothal was not of my choosing whereas Kerina most certainly is of yours. I have learned to embrace a fate fealty and realm required of me. You leapt into the arms of yours willingly. Joyfully.

It is a new year. A time for looking ahead. I must stop clinging to the hope of a simple friendship. If you wanted that, you would have written by now. You would have found a way to tell me of Kerina yourself.

Your silence is excruciating but now, at least, I know the reason why.

My treacherous heart will miss you for the rest of my days. Mourn you. Long for what was and might have been. But I will not write again.

Today is the day I set myself free.

Namarïe

A

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next