Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2006, 2:51 pm 
Vala
Vala

Hah. I now have money, and will be ordering Knife of Dreams from a local bookstore. From all I've heard, I can easily imagine it being better than Crossroads of Twilight, which was kind of a let-down. I only skimmed Winter's Heart, since I didn't have time to read all the way through(For instance, I read the last chapter of it), and man, I want to get my hands on it again.
It's seriously an awesome series. I love it.

EDIT: I bought Knife of Dreams from the bookstore, and now have finished it. I think it comes in 2nd place of his books, only after The Fires of Heaven. Mat is awesome, just so you all know. Rand is awesome, Egwene is awesome, Logain is awesome, and Perrin is not so awesome in this book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 5:26 am 

Logain? *is only just about to start book five* Okay, so it's probably irrelevant to find out anything about the eleventh book, since it probably won't make any sense to me. Nice to know certain characters are still alive at that point, though...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Last edited by Herenya on March 29th, 2006, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 6:26 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol. Maybe I should be more careful what I say, just to avoid giving out spoilers.

Have fun reading Book Five, Herenya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 6:54 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Book Six rocked, too. I loved the battle of Dumai's Wells. The Asha'man rocked in it. And so did Perrin.

Book Eight is annoying, since it doesn't involve Mat.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2006, 3:02 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Is Perrin not in any of Fires of Heaven? Because I just started it and I glanced through and I didn't see any of Perrin. :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2006, 3:07 pm 
Vala
Vala

Nope, Perrin's not in The Fires of Heaven. Later on, Mat's not in The Path of Daggers, though, so it's kind of a tradeoff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2006, 4:08 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That stinks cause Perrin is one of my favorites! I have a hard time deciding who I like best: Lan, Perrin, Nynaeve, of Faile. Who are your favorite characters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 2:08 am 
Vala
Vala

Mat Cauthon is so the coolest character in that story. Then Rand, then Perrin, then....Egwene, then Lan. But Mat is the best. What can beat an ashandarei for coolness? Or better yet, someone who uses an ashandarei. That is so the coolest weapon ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 2:51 am 

Perrin's not in the Fires of Heaven? MEH! :annoyed: I've only read about a third to a half of it so far.

I don't particularly like Mat. I don't dislike him aanymore, but I wouldn't say that he was one of my favourite characters. Perhaps because he hasn't been in it much (please no spoilers).

I quite like Perrin, and Rand is alright. I like Egwene, Nynaeve and Moiraine - at the moment I'd probably say I like Nynaeve the best, but since more has been from her perspective of late that probably has something to do with it.
And, yes, Lan is cool...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2006, 2:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

At first, Perrin was my favorite character, but as the books have gotten farther in, Mat's slowly gained that role. I'm not sure exactly why, but I just don't think Perrin is as cool as Mat anymore.

Yeah, Lan is cool. A Malkieri Blademaster and a warder? The only thing that could make that better is if he had an ashandarei. Well, maybe a few other things, too, but....

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2006, 1:30 am 

Yes, I can sort of understand how one gets to like Mat.

I'm reading "The Path of Daggers" at the moment. I'm surprised - stuff from Elayne's perspective! Wow - that's got to be a first...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 8:05 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm reading Path of Daggers too! I don't particularly care for Elayne. I wish there was more about Nynaeve and Lan. Gotta love the romance lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2006, 5:23 am 

I know! I miss it being about Nynaeve - it's almost always been from her perspective until now. :( But I can understand why it has changed. Seriously, I guess it's not like Nynaeve is thinking about anything interesting at the moment... well, except for thinking about Lan. :p

I've started "Winter Heart". Good so far, but then again, I've only just read the prologue...

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 10th, 2006, 11:07 am 
Vala
Vala

Muahah. I got The Eye of the World, The Great Hunt, and The Dragon Reborn for my birthday on Sunday. TEotW was the only one I hadn't read before, but even so, reading them in order, TDR is the only one left to read. I love that series.

I still think it's funny, though. In the first few books, I like Perrin better than Mat, but after TFoH, I like Mat better than Perrin. It's not that I finally like character better, it's that I like the post-TSR Mat better than the post-TSR Perrin. I just don't like Faile very much. She changed Perrin too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2006, 4:22 pm 

Perrin used to be really cool. Then he met Faile. And now everything from his perspective is Faile, Faile, Faile. It just gets so annoying! Like the entire beginning of Crown of Swords. What about Faile? Is Faile safe? That's the only important thing in a world that's getting ready to be destroyed!
Elayne bugs me a lot too. She also used to be neat - but sometimes she's just so stuck up!
Mat and Lan are the coolest. Egwene and Nynaeve are awesome. And I love the Aiel. If I were to live there, I'd be an Aiel.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2006, 10:38 am 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

Yes I as well have read them, and must say that they claim their place as one of my favourite series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next