Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Was Boromir weak?
Poll ended at September 6th, 2008, 5:57 pm
He was weak. No question. But he was there at his father's bidding. Give the guy some credit! 36%  36%  [ 30 ]
I don't think he was weak. I think he was strong. 59%  59%  [ 49 ]
He was terribly weak! I mean, c'mon! You didn't see anyone else trying to grab the ring every second they had a chance! 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: What do you think of Boromir?
PostPosted: March 21st, 2006, 5:57 pm 

I always thought Boromir was rather cowardly and weak, proud and foolish. No offense to Boromir fans, that's my honest opinion. But what do you think of Boromir?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2006, 10:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

I thought that he was strong, but proud and a little foolish. His heart wasn't as strong as the others, and the ring corrupted him.

:hammer:

Profile       WWW         ICQ    

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 2:08 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

My personal opinion is that Boromir was strong, loyal and noble. the Hearts of men are easily corrupted - Aragorn was of the line of Isildur, (yes i KNOW the Ring corrupted Isildur too, but shut up XD) and so he was a bit stronger and he could resist it. All the others were of races less easily corrupted by the thought of power. So really, it wasn't his fault - Faramir was almost trapped by the Ring's power too. I think, most of all, Boromir's fault was that he was too proud.

But yeah, I love Boromir.

Snow white, snow white, o Lady clear,
O Light to us that wander here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2006, 4:25 pm 

Boromir was a wonderful character, but he was also, as all the men, obsessed by the Ring. But that isn't strange, because the Nazgul were human as well.. I loved Boromir, you could see how sad he was that his kingdom was going to fall under the eye of Sauron and the hordes of Mordor..

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2006, 6:37 pm 

I agree, yes, Boromir was espeically prone to sudden Ring obsessions, but give me a break. Aragorn wasn't always trying to take it and he was of the same race. And he was offered the Ring by Frodo. So why did Boromir have to attempt to take it from Frodo is my question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 25th, 2006, 9:23 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Aragorn was a King. And look - Boromir always wanted to use to Ring to save Gondor, because he was afraid his kindom, which he loved so much would fall, and he believed the Ring would save his country. Also, Denethor wanted him to bring it, and that;s why he was more susceptiable to the Ring's manipulation. Aragorn was also much older, and he understood much more than Boromir did that the Ring could only be used for evil. And Boromir was very sorry, which showed that he didn't really mean to take the Ring, but it had a hold over him, making him act the way Bilbo had done when Frodo showed it to him in Imladris. AND I don't know if it is actually mentioned in the books, it might have been, I can't remember, but I know that it has elsewhere been mentioned that the Rule of the Stewards has been failing for years - almost all of the Numenorean blood had been bred out of them.

Does that answer your question, Miluiel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2006, 7:16 pm 

Yeah...that pretty much covers it. LOL u write long posts. But that's ok. I want to know your opinion and I think it's a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2006, 2:28 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Thanks.

And yes, i write long posts when it's something i feel strongly about . . . no, wait, when it's anything LotR, Johnny Depp or horses. XD My life . . . *sighs* is so sad and obsessive. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 27th, 2006, 4:33 pm 

Yes, I know how you feel. I just gush when it's something LOTR or POTC related.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 8:49 pm 
Elf
Elf

*still drooling* huh? off-topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2006, 8:57 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

lol, yeah, Johnny Depp and horses rule!

But back on topic, i like Boromir, he was really cool. Sure his heart got corrupted by the ring, but so did a lot of other people, that wasn't his fault. And he eventually got over it. He died for Pippin and merry, he was so strong. I like him.....and Faramir, he's cool!

Oh yes.. my very first banner! -evil laugh...chokes- ahem, anyway....
[

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2006, 7:14 pm 

Hanon le, Abduial Galad for putting us back on topic. I see there are more Boromir fans/supporters than I thought. But there's still something about him that I don't exactly like. It's probably the look he shoots Legolas. I like Legolas too much to have a mortal human shooting him looks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2006, 6:11 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

He did not! Well, in the book he didn't. He has no reason too - he came seeking the advice of Elrond Half-Elven, so why shiuld he have anything against the elves? I like Legolas too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2006, 11:50 am 

I know, but when Legolas stands up for Aragorn (who Boromir had just finished shooting down), he shoots Legolas a look. A look like he's some kind of superior. I really don't like that proud aspect of Boromir. Looks don't do everything for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2006, 4:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Compared with Faramir, he was so strong. However, by the pressure of his father he lost himself that led him die sadly.

Will be going to London on March of the 30th

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2006, 6:41 pm 

Hey! I liked Faramir. LOL. I think it was mainly his father that was the bad infulence on him. Actually, he had a very good relationship with Boromir. I think Faramir was stronger because he had to endure his father's favoritism towards Boromir, as well as comply with his wishes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next