Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did anyone else notice this?
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2006, 8:02 pm 

I've noticed a few tiny inconsistencies in the Lord of the Rings. Now just to tell you, I am a MAJOR fanatic so I am so totally not critisizing Peter. Just saying...anyway, did you notice in FOTR, when Gandalf is pulled backwards by the Balrog's whip, his sword falls in front of him? But when you watch Two Towers, he catches it in mid air and starts attacking the Balrog. And then in Return of the King, how could Frodo be stabbed by Shelob's stinger if he was still wearing his Mithril coat? I mean, he didn't even die from the troll's spear being thrust into his body, so how did Shelob's stinger get through? Just something I noticed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2006, 10:32 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well, shelobs stinger got him in the back of the neck, where there was no mithril to protect him. And I didn't notice Gandalf's sword in the mines. I'll have to watch that again. But while on the topic of swords, when Aragorn is fighting Lurtz, if you watch, you can see his sword fly out of his hand twice! When Lurtz bashes him against the tree, Aragorn looses his sword, and then when he gets the shield thrown at him, he mysteriously regains his sword, only to loose it again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 11:29 am 
Balrog
Balrog

Yes I also noticed the part with Gandalf's sword... there are some little "mistakes" like this in the film, but I don't think that this is very important

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 3:18 pm 

Yeah, neither do I, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed. And about Shelob...how did it get him in the back of the neck? He turned around to face it. I always thought it got him in the stomach. But I haven't watched it in a while so I don't really know. I usually skip that part because I have arachniphobia. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 4:06 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

I also usually skip that part, but I don't have arachniphobia... Idk, I don't like that scene so much, I also have no idea where exactly she got him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 4:17 pm 

Yeah, me neither. But I thought it was some part on the front of his body, which is where he had the mithril and about the aragorn and the sword thing...ya, know that I think about it, that's right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2006, 9:08 pm 
Vala
Vala

Maybe in the movie she did get him in the gut. But in the book it was the neck! The neck I tell you! *Tolkien mode*

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2006, 3:31 pm 

All right, Nauriel, it's okay. I believe you. *calms Nuriel down* I believe you. But I tell you, it was the gut in the MOVIE lol!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 4th, 2006, 8:59 pm 
Vala
Vala

Okay. It did feel good to get that out though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 2:04 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

lol well now we all know... I don't really understand why they changed it... the neck would be more plausible I think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 3:14 pm 

Yes, but it's still an inconsistency in the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRRRACCCCKIINNNGGGG! No, I'm okay, lol. I think we have both vented those pent up feelings, Nuriel lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 4:11 pm 
Elf
Elf

I never noticed any of those things in the movie. What a good excuse to watch it again!! :-D Thanks for this topic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 4:18 pm 

lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem. I think I might actually watch it again just for the sake of watching it lol! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 5:45 pm 
Vala
Vala

Well, I was laying in bed thinking about this, and I thought that maybe Shelob's stinger was skinny enough on the end that it could fit through the rings in Frodo's Mithril coat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 6:05 pm 

LOL you take this way too seriously. It is starting to impose upon your sanity. lol! XD. I doubt it, though. It was huge! I don't think it was THAT skinny. I mean, did you see the size of that thing! (ooooh that sounded bad lol I have a sick mind!) Anyway, I'll watch it again to double-check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 5th, 2006, 6:11 pm 
Vala
Vala

Miluiel_Legolas is mine! wrote:
LOL you take this way too seriously. It is starting to impose upon your sanity. lol! XD. I doubt it, though. It was huge! I don't think it was THAT skinny. I mean, did you see the size of that thing! (ooooh that sounded bad lol I have a sick mind!) Anyway, I'll watch it again to double-check.

Hm? What sanity. I have no such thing. And yeas. I have a sick mind too. I was watching LotR when the initial first wave of corruption hit (I was watching it with my friend, and we made quite a few jokes....), and I've been getting sicker and sicker in my thoughts. Oh well.

I just think about these things. I can't help it. Just be glad I'm not debating if an unpickled pickle would be a cucumber or an unpickled pickle.