Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 26th, 2005, 2:34 pm 

Elberethsq wrote:
Er - actually, in FotR (the movie) Saruman was telling this lead orc that the orcs were elves once, tortured and mutated. So that information is true, Elf Lady Alane, sad as it is. But I wonder - does that mean that orcs are likewise immortal unless they die in battle or from a broken heart?

Orcs dying from a broken heart? How likely is that? Maybe literally a broken heart . . .

:bye2:

That is a very good question Elberethsq. How weird....I mean now that I think about it. It only makes sense. They are immortal and they only changed in appearance and personality so ya they could be immortal. Although, EoA doesn't mention anything about it.

Tee hee.....a broken heart, ya right. But then again...literaly a broken heart.

Post subject: this topic
PostPosted: July 26th, 2005, 3:10 pm 
Maia
Maia

*chuckles and uses wireless phone then it starts raining balrogs* :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2005, 4:47 pm 

Larael Greenleaf wrote:
Elberethsq wrote:
Er - actually, in FotR (the movie) Saruman was telling this lead orc that the orcs were elves once, tortured and mutated. So that information is true, Elf Lady Alane, sad as it is. But I wonder - does that mean that orcs are likewise immortal unless they die in battle or from a broken heart?

Orcs dying from a broken heart? How likely is that? Maybe literally a broken heart . . .

That is a very good question Elberethsq. How weird....I mean now that I think about it. It only makes sense. They are immortal and they only changed in appearance and personality so ya they could be immortal. Although, EoA doesn't mention anything about it.

And Orc with a broken heart is like me without the love of the Elves. It's crazy!!!

Hey are they inmortal??? I never heard of an imortal Orc, but they were Elves I think they are....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: this topic
PostPosted: July 27th, 2005, 6:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Witch_King_of_Angmar wrote:
*chuckles and uses wireless phone then it starts raining balrogs* :-D

*starts to rain literally - and the connection between the wireless phone and Sauron's cell phone is cut due to bad weather* :-D

Elf Lady Alane wrote:
Larael Greenleaf wrote:
Elberethsq wrote:

And Orc with a broken heart is like me without the love of the Elves. It's crazy!!!

Hey are they inmortal??? I never heard of an imortal Orc, but they were Elves I think they are....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is actually a very interesting topic . . . immortal orcs? Hmmm . . . Come to think of it, no orc seems to be weakening of old age - and come to think of it, are there any female orcs? There must be, but the female orcs aren't mentioned . . . :bye2:

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: July 27th, 2005, 10:22 pm 

maybe orcs are asexual?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2005, 11:28 am 

I don't want to know what the orcs are.

Oh wait, they're evil! *light bulb goes off* I am brilliant!!! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2005, 3:32 pm 

^Tee hee.... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28th, 2005, 5:38 pm 
Ent
Ent

Almárëa Miriel wrote:
Quote:
I don't want to know what the orcs are.

Oh wait, they're evil! *light bulb goes off* I am brilliant!!!

Very good point Almárëa Miriel! Orcs are evil, Elves aren't. Basic difference, aside from the fact that Elves are wise and beautiful and Orcs aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 29th, 2005, 9:00 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I think that sometime during the torture process the elves probably lost their immortality along with their grace and wisdom(orcs are obviously not that intelligent if Saruman had to improve them.) The orcs are probable like the Dunedain(sorry to compair those nobel beings to those...beasts :annoyed: ) as in the Dunedain live a long time but are still mortal. I think that is the was with the orcs. And the way they were made is sad, but remember

Quote:
"Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither. Deep roots are not reached by frost."

In using that quote i mean that there might be SOME elf still left in those orcs, if their minds had not been molded by evil masters who knows what might have happened they could've been good! The deep roots inside them, who they really are, could still be there(the original ones not the offspring). And there must be orc women, because none of the elves speak of their fellow elves still being captured in order to be turned into orcs, plus Sauron has too much to do to worry about kidnapping elves.He's got his armies set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:27 pm 

^Wait, I have seen that in the movie, the Orcs (I thinik) are coming out of the sides of the mountain, and they are all wet and gooowy... :confused2:

And also, Orcs are mersyless, I think there is no Elf left inside them...:(

PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:33 pm 
Maia
Maia

has everyone fogotten the point that its raining balrogs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:44 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I'm sorry to spoil the discussion again.. but Orcs are not made from Elves, they are made from Men. I know it is in the Silmarillion and I'm sure all of you can find the quote, but this time the Professor changed his mind. At the moment I cannot go looking for the evidence, but I will if I can.

Orcs are Men.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: this topic
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:47 pm 

Witch_King_of_Angmar wrote:
has everyone fogotten the point that its raining balrogs?

AHHHHHHHHHH CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pirate: :stab: :medieval: :lightsabre: :kick: :karate: :vampire: :viking:

BTW:^ are sure about the words that you are saying Elu???????

Last edited by Tifa Rokkuhato on July 31st, 2005, 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:49 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Why is it raining Balrogs while people try to discuss things seriously?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:51 pm 

^I think that is kinda of a mix beatwen RPG and Book Discosion....

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:52 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

That's odd :S

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next