Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Handmaiden Deawen
PostPosted: July 10th, 2005, 2:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

the truth hurts those with high hopes, and Deawen had high hopes as the days went past she she worried about the day she would lose Bredol. Deawen's heart would leap to her throat each time a noble saw Bredol or asked her about Bredol but none wanted Bredol. she would ride Bredol each morning then tend to her chores Bredol was her only comfort when Morwen was too busy to talk, the too had a bond that could not broken. one day Morwen came in looking sorrowful and close to tears Deawen asked her what was wrong "Bredol,Deawen a noble has means to buy Bredol he says "it is a fine horse fit for a noble not a stablegirl" i fear he means what he says" a tear rolled down her cheek, Deawen shut her eyes in doubt or saddness Morwen knew not "who?" Deawen asked "what?" "i asked you who said this!" " Grima Wormtoung But Deawen he is a powerful man you can not win!" "i know but we will have to come up with a plan." Morwen looked at Deawen with atonishment a bell rang Morwen looked around "Deawen i must go but please stay out of trouble!" Morwen left in a hurry but she seemed less burdened with sorrow.Deawen however felt the world was closing in about her she felt trapped! she finished her chores then she spent the rest of the day with Bredol he sensed her dispair and did all he could to cheer her up he nibbled her hair, nuzzled her arm and nickered. "oh my Bredol what shall i do?" at that Moment Morwen walked in smiling almost laughing " My Lady Eowyn wishes to speak with you!" Deawen sighed then followed Morwen to lady Eowyn. Morwen was so gleeful it was unbearable for Deawen. the Lady Eowyn was smiling as they entered the great hall " Morwen has told me of your fine Colt and of you delima so i have decided to help you. you may keep your Colt it is yours now i have made sure that no one can buy Him but all i ask is that you become one of my handmaidens morwen requested this since she hardly sees you" Eowyn said still smiling " my lady this is a generous offer but i love working with the horses its what i have done since i was little." Deawen said lowering her head " then you can take care of my horse and yours and still be a hand maiden." Eowyn said Deawen smiled she was so glad she could hardly keep from shouting " i accept your offer my lady" Deawen said bowing " Morwen will show you what to do" Deawen and morwen bowed then left laughing to the stables they told Bredol the news He nickered and tossed his head about. Morwen helped Deawen move to her new quarters Morwen only stay a little while she said they should get to sleep but Deawen could not sleep she fingered her harp thinking about what would happen she had never been near royalty working in a stable was what she was used too she now had to learn manners and serve a lady it was over whelming to think about so she just quitely played her harp.

Gently as she goes

as always a hero comes home

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 25th, 2005, 3:13 pm 

Deawen, you don't start 4 topics that are all the same RPG. You start one, then continue in the same one. Every time you post, it doesn't need to be in a new topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:13 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Thank you for notifying Me on that i didn't know that.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2005, 9:42 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Deawen learned later someone else had taken her position in the stables though she would sometimes nit-pick the other's work. she visited Bredol often as she could Bredol always Greeted her with a nicker and a head toss. " stop that Bredol youre being silly but i am glad to see you" Deawen said stoking the velvet like nose that was pressed against her "my feet Have never been this sore before!" she said sitting on a barrel Bredol tossed his head again. Morwen walked in pulled up another barrel next to Deawens " soooo how are you?" Morwen asked "today I dropped five platters in one meal! and tripped over a chair" she paused Bredol whinied "and to top it all off I tripped on this accrused dress spilling some wine on one of the other hand maidens!" she shouted grabbing ahold of her green velvet dress she buried her face into Bredol's neck " i dont want to be a hand maiden im not made for it!" "deawen its not that bad you just got to.." "Morwen when you started did you drop platters?" Deawen interrupted " well no" "Trip over furniture?" "no" " or your dress?" " yes! once I was in a hurry and i tripped on the Hem!". Deawen felt a small sense of comfort in her friend's tale she leaned back against the post " Morwen i think we should go for a ride"

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2005, 3:53 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

MORWEN YOU BETTER START HELPING ME WITH THESE RPG!!!! :explode:

Deawen saddled their horses it was a cold afternoon the wind was very stong but the friends would not let the weather stop them. Bredol being young was delighted to see open plains he started to snort Deawen waited for morwen to get ready then Deawen urged Bredol into a Brisk run then into gallop but Bredol took the galloping further he charged forward as fast as he could! Deawen had no controll and the small river loomed ahead "Bredol NO!" Deawen shouted as they came upon the river she shut her eyes and waited for the splash. suddenly the sound of hooves stopped she opened one eye Bredol had Jumped the Small River in a single bound! Deawen felt as if she was flying then Bredol touched groung again Deawen pulled the riegnes back slowing Bredol to a slow trot. Deawen leaned in the saddle she felt sick yet filled with Joy she slipped out of the saddle to the ground her knees buckled she sank to the hard cold dirt. Morwen finnaly caught up she helped Deawen back into the saddle then they continued their ride

Gently as she goes

Last edited by Deawen Elsent on August 2nd, 2005, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2005, 4:38 pm 
Elf
Elf

"Deawen! Wait for Breda and ME! Stop! La!" Morwen reigned Breda as not to get thrown into the stream. Rolling her eyes, she forded the stream at a walk, then spurred Breda on to full tilt. Catching up till she was just behind Deawen, she threw a pebble from a pouch on her saddle at her friend. It hit here square in the back, causing her to slow and look around.

Reasons I love England #217:
I saw "whilst" on a traffic sign

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 10:20 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Meluwien watched from her perch on her own horse. She watched as the two crossed the stream in their own ways. She was out of view to them. She nudged her horse on towards them. Her horse was a light dapple grey color. There was a wonderful cool breeze. The wind blew her hair out of her face until it laid on her back, showing her elvish ears. She got her hair and put it back the way it was, hiding her ears. Once she approached them she asked- "Where might you two be headed today?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 1:36 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

Thank you Morwen :bounce:

Deawen pulled Bredol to a halt when she saw the stranger. Morwen pulled up beside Deawen. " we are are just riding "Morwen said " who are you?" Deawen asked

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 2:05 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

((What race are you two? Just wondering))

Meluwien was a bit dissappointed. She thought they were going somewhere more exciting then just riding around. Either way- she might as well get to know them, they seemed nice enough. "My name is Meluwien of Mirkwood. May i join you in your ride?" Meluwien rode to the banks of the stream, still looking at the other at the other side for her answer. "What is your name?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 2:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

oh us well we are Humans :blush: Just commoners and Handmaidens and we are proud of it! (A.N umm... Mowen Methinks I did this part very well) if you were wondering "Mellon"

" Yes we would love to have you join" Morwen said brightly Deawen just glared at the new rider "I am Morwen of the westfold Handmaiden to lady Eowyn and this is..." " none of your Buissness" :bones: Deawen cut in morwen pinched Deawen "owch!! well it isnt!" Morwen took a deep breath " Please forgive her she's just does'nt warm up to stanger very fast any way this is Deawen of the Westfold Handmaiden to Lady Eowyn!" Morwen apologized.

(no offense I'm sure Deawen is just being Hasty)

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 3:26 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

((Are you playing 2 characters *confuzement*))

She was a bit confused but didnt show it. She nodded and nudged her horse across the stream. The horse slowly but gracefully crossed the stream without splahing her rider. She stood in the area of the others, but didnt get too close. She still didnt know all about these humans and learned from past experiences not to trust someone right off of meeting them. She waited to see where they were riding to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 10:02 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

(well sort of you see my friend and I write on each others behalf we know each other in fact we are very good friends so we write about our own character and the other sorry if that didn't make sense :confused: it just we know how each other thinks so it falls into place)
MORWEN PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY IT'S TOO HARD!

Deawen spurred Bredol into a trot as morwen talked to the new rider. Deawen could'nt help it but she would glance behind her at the other rider. to Deawen she was very diffrent from most travelers she had seen for one thing the rider's horse was radiant and graceful while Bredol seemed wild and common compared to the other 's horse. they didn't ride far when Morwen and Deawen heard the next shift bell. " Forgive us but we must go back to Edoras our Lady will be expecting us but you may stay at Edoras as a guest" Morwen said Deawen turned Bredol around with skill and glared at Morwen but she said nothing.

(just wondering but how do you get those cool banners on the post i keep seeing them but i don't know what too do could you help?) :dunce:

Gently as she goes

Last edited by Deawen Elsent on August 2nd, 2005, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 10:26 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Meluwien would like to go with them. Even though they were obviously humans and she was an elf. She knew humans were easily curupted by power- but maybe it was good to have herself around for the journey. She didnt think that they knew. She looked pretty much the same as them, although her horse was better groomed, she had fairer skin, and she always held her precious bow and arrows near. Those were signs of the elvish persuation- but she hoped they wouldnt notice because she was afraid they might not like the elves. She would try to not be obvious for as long as she could. "Ill go with you all. If they will allow me to be the guest, that would be nice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2005, 10:32 pm 
Balrog
Balrog

THANK YOU THANK YOU THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! :bounce:

"we would be honoured" Morwen said turning her horse around Deawen just sighed "great more chores" when they arrived at Edoras Deawen took Morwen's horse to the stables but she asked Morwen to Follow her when they were out of ear shot Deawen told her thoughts" Morwen I dont trust this stranger!" "Deawen please it's okay but go on and stable our guest's horse please!" Deawen did as she was told but she did her chores fast so she could catch up to her friend.

Gently as she goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2005, 11:20 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Meluwien dismounted her horse. She didnt want to make more trouble for the others and create more chores for them. She was completly capable to do it herself. She grabbed her horse and started to lead her to the stable. "I can stable my own horse, i dont want to cause any trouble for anyone. Just show me which stable i may use and ill settle my horse in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2005, 11:21 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

Meluwien dismounted her horse. She didnt want to make more trouble for the others and create more chores for them. She was completly capable to do it herself. She grabbed her horse and started to lead her to the stable. "I can stable my own horse, i dont want to cause any trouble for anyone. Just show me which stable i may use and ill settle my horse in."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next