Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2006, 5:36 pm 
Gondorian
Gondorian

I love this series! I read them onces, stopping at Path of Daggers or somewhere around that; I couldn't get through them and thought they were too stretched out and that NOTHING ever happened in the later books. But I was much younger than. Now I re-read them all, and loved them. Can't wait for A Memory of Light (if that's still its title when it's published)! and I hope Robert Jordan will be doing better with his amyloidosis; he's pretty sick at the moment. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 14th, 2006, 10:49 pm 

Aerandir wrote:
It's Moghedien.

How long ago did you all first get started on WoT?

Ah, thank you. I started in 03-04, somewhere around there. I just devoured the books. I read them on vacation - but I only took the first two! So I was so anxious to get back home to get the third. I reread them all last summer to get ready for Knife of Dreams, which is by far my favorite so far.

And I just have to say that your top banner is totally awesome, Aerandir.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2006, 2:47 am 
Vala
Vala

Thanks, Nurrantiel.

Knife of Dreams is my second favorite, again because of its involvement of Mat, but I don't like it as much as Crown of Swords. That one is so awesome. Mat is at his coolest in that book.

What'd you all think of the end of Winter's Heart? I thought it rocked. Saidin is no longer going to drive cool Asha'man like Narishma mad. w00t!

Do any of you have any ideas on all the many things that need to happen in A Memory of Light?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 15th, 2006, 9:57 pm 

Tarmon Gaidan. It has to happen. (obviously) Mat has to visit the Aelfinn and Elfinn (I love how Snakes and Foxes was tied in to that), Egwene has to replace Elaida, and somehow the Seanchan have to be checked, most likely with Rand meeting Tuon, but who knows how that will really happen. Those are the major plotlines I can think of at the moment.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 17th, 2006, 12:58 am 
Elf
Elf

Who do you guys think will survive Tarmon Gai'don? I'm pretty sure Mat and Tuon will cause on RJ's blog at Dragonmount he says (exact quote here) "... Getting started on Mat and Tuon, and some others, five to ten years after the Last Battle"
I really hope Lan and Nynaeve survive. I want them to live on and raise Malkier and have little Lan and Nynaeve babies! But I'm kinda worried that Lan's gonna go all suicidal again during the Last Battle and get himself killed. Maybe not though since he's got Nynaeve now. What do ya'll think about who will live?

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2006, 3:05 am 
Vala
Vala

I think Lan, Mat, and Perrin will survive from the guy's section at first, though I think Rand will finally figure out how he can live by dying, and if that should be translated literally, he's going to die, but come back to life.

I don't know if I think Aviendha, Min, and Elayne are going to survive or not, because Rand is destined to hurt those he loves. It could be just the backlash through the bond when he dies, or it could be more.

There's going to have to be a showdown between Mazrim Taim & Company and Logain & the loyal Asha'man, too. That should be sweet.

Ooh....there's just so much that's going to happen...I feel giddy just thinking about it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2006, 4:42 pm 
Elf
Elf

Me too! Me too! Yeah the Taim/Logain battle is something that I'm really looking forward to. I've always liked Logain and I just know he's gonna kick Taim's Darkfriend butt!
About the Aviendha, Elayne, and Min thing.... I kind of think they are going to die. Maybe not all 3 of them, but definitely 1 or 2. Maybe. And it's been my opinion from the beginning that Rand is gonna kick the bucket. Maybe that's just because I don't really like him though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 18th, 2006, 11:10 pm 

Ah yes, the Logain/Taim battle. That will be sooo cool! I'm rooting for Logain, I've always liked him too. And Galad making a truce with the Aes Sedai. Totally awesome. I think Rand will die. I mean, he'll have to win the battle first, but then he'll die. I think Min probably might too. Lan might to suicidal, but I hope not!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 20th, 2006, 12:12 pm 
Vala
Vala

I agree 100% with you, Nurrantiel. I think Min will be the one to die with Rand, since we know Elayne will have Rand's kids, and so will Aviendha, which hasn't happened yet. Since it hasn't happened, and I don't think RJ will cover nine months in A Memory of Light, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that she will survive.

Min, however, is not covered by any such viewing, since she can't see auras around herself. So I'd say she's most likely going to die.

I'm almost as interested in the Galad, Gawyn, and Logain/Narishma storylines as I am in the Mat/Perrin/Rand parts, to be honest. They look really interesting, and I can't wait to see how they end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2006, 7:27 pm 

I love all the side storylines. I mean, that's what makes the books drag on forever, but they're so interesting! And they all manage to tie in. Like the rumor of Seanchan was somewhat small in the beginning, but then look how that turned out! And Logain was just another false dragon until he joined the Ahaman...I just love these books!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 21st, 2006, 7:34 pm 
Elf
Elf

Me too!!! Yeah I love the side stories also. Sometimes they can get annoying when I really want to read about a main character. But most the time I love them. I'd have to say that my favorite side storyline would be the Morgase/Tallanvor stuff. I think it's just because I'm a hopeless romantic :blush: lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2006, 2:46 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol, Morgase/Tallanvor bores me. Well, it doesn't bore me, but compared to the other ones it's not half so interesting. Probably because I'm not a hopeless romantic.

I'm extremely interested in the Mat/Tuon and Taim/Logain side-plots. Of course, the latter is tied in with the Toveine/Bonded Aes Sedai side plot, which is also very interesting. I love those side plots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 25th, 2006, 7:43 pm 

Muahahaha yes! I got New Spring, books 1-6, and Knife of Dreams for Christmas! I only need 7 and 8 to complete the set! Well, and MoL, but that's a given.

One of the side plots that either I missed its significance or it hasn't been fully developed is the one in the prologue to...to...can't remember now. But it's with the "Wolf", the soldier, and he leads his men to a building to meet with other enemied/not friendly men....they're somewhere in the nortwest/west area...anyone know what I'm tallking about?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 26th, 2006, 3:33 pm 
Vala
Vala

Lol, sorry, but not really at the moment.

My mom finally gave me The Fires of Heaven, so now, at long last, I own all eleven of the current WoT books, plus New Spring. Now I just need A Memory of Light, and the other two prequel books. I had to rearrange my entire bookshelf, though, because my Wheel of Time books were on the same shelf as another series, and now there's not enough room for them both to be on it. Grrr. Well, nevermind, it's nice having lots of books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 1:08 am 

I know exactly what you mean. I have my favorite books in my desk area, and all the others in bookshelves. Now I'll have to take out some of my other books to put all the WoT ones in! And I'll try and find that part I was talking about, but if it's in 7 or 8 it'll be a while.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 27th, 2006, 1:35 pm 
Vala
Vala

That would be really nice. Thanks.

Ooh...another thing that I'm looking forward to seeing in A Memory of Light--the part where Tam finds out that Rand is the Dragon Reborn. That should be really interesting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next