Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 10:11 am 
Vala
Vala

Right. So you like all the scenes with Nynaeve, and I like all the scenes with Mat. :)

However, I found none of the scenes with Nynaeve to be as interesting as those with other characters. :) Sorry, Artemis.

I think Egwene became an interesting character in book six. She became a lot more interesting in that book. Then, in book 8, she became far cooler yet. In KoD, she was awesome. :)

And the Aiel with Perrin and Faile were Gaul (the Stone Dog), Bain, and Chiad. Gaul is soooo the coolest male Aiel, except maybe for Rhuarc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 9:17 pm 

Ah sheesh, you're making me pick favorites? So not fair. :disgust: :P Ya know, we should really be doing this stuff in the fan club, but oh well.

I love pretty much every scene with Mat. He's just so cool and so funny and I love him to death.

Pretty much all of Egwene's scenes in KoD. I've loved her character from pretty much the beginning, but especially once she met with the Aiel.

The Aiel. Just about all of their scenes. They are the awesomest people in WoT.

And the Forsaken. They're so interesting, and I love reading their scenes.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 21st, 2007, 9:01 am 
Vala
Vala

Well, every time we do this in the fanclub, it eventually gets dropped, and the club drops back into oblivion. I figure it's easier to do it here--it stays on page one longer. :D

You know, I was reading Lord of Chaos yesterday and the day before, and it strikes me that the entire situation with Gawyn and Rand is really rather sad, and I really really really want to know how it's going to end. Add that to my list of subplots I want to see wrapped up.

Those two could have been such great friends, and they're not, all because of a simple rumor that Gawyn believes. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 22nd, 2007, 9:37 pm 

I know! I love Gawyn and I hate it that he doesn't believe Egwene when she says Rand didn't do it! He's all for Elaida all because of what he "thinks" is true. He could be so good, but.... :'(

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2007, 6:29 pm 
Elf
Elf

I totally agree! Everytime something is mentioned about Gawyn not liking Rand over that whole rumor thing, I yell at the book. That made for a very humorous moment once when my sister came into my room thinking I was insane because I was shouting, "Gosh, Rand didn't kill your mother! How could you be on Elaida's side?!" :lol: I do things like that a lot when we know something about the plot or a character that the other characters don't know or won't accept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 2:58 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol. I don't shout at the book, but I do get somewhat upset that he just believes the rumors like that. He is such a cool character, after all.

You know, the more I read WoT (I'm on CoT again, from the last week and a half), the more I like it. It's actually rivalling Tolkien's books now, because of the extensive cultures that are so subtly described in the books. I love how in depth everything is. :D

And here's something that might only be of interest to myself: the Domani seem to use longswords (as in, straigth swords) as opposed to slightly-curved ones like the rest of the world seems to enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 12:45 pm 
Elf
Elf

I totally agree, Aerandir! For a few years, nothing I read could really compete with LotR, and then I found this series, and it has gradually become my favorite series of all time.

I love how everything is so detailed also. I hate it when people complain that the books are too long and drawn because if he made them much shorter, he'd have to leave out necessary stuff to explain things and cultures and stuff.

All the cultures are just so different and well thought out. It makes the story very real, I think. My favorite culture in the books would have to be... Saldaean I think. Although, I do love the others.

I don't have a lot in detail to say right now because it's actually been a while since I've read the books, but this morning I started Eye of the World again, and I'm planning on reading back through all of the books over my spring break this week.

*Edit* I wanted to change my name, so I figured I would go with a WoT themed one. Ellisande= rose of the sun (the sign for King Aemon's wife) :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 11:46 pm 

I KNEW that name was familiar! I was like -such a cool name, I've heard it somewhere and I couldn't think of where!

I've also found WoT to be rivalling LotR. There's just so much with WoT, and all the different cultures of just humans. Whereas Tolkien had the different races, so you got all of your contrast from that, you have the Illianers and Tairens fighting each other, the Domoni totally different from the Cairhien, it's all so interesting!

And the story just feels so real, because you have all that fighting within each other. It's not like everyone is only fighting Trollocs or Darkfriends. You have mini-wars, and national hatreds, and the Whitecloaks stirring up everything.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 4th, 2007, 2:09 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yay! People don't think I'm weird for liking WoT as much as LotR! :D w00t! As has been said, I love the realistic aspect he gives the entire story. It's so.....great. And the cultures make it much cooler. :)

Awesome name change, [s]Artemis[/s] Ellisande. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2007, 10:52 pm 
Elf
Elf

Thanks! I was thinking about changing it to Nynaeve (which I might do later) but then I decided I wanted something in the Old Tongue. Then I thought about Mashiara, but someone already stole that. *cough* Nurr *cough* Lol. :P

Do you guys think there will ever be a Wheel of Time movie or miniseries? I've read some speculation about it, but I don't know if it will ever be done. And then I don't know if I would want it to be done (although a well made movie of WoT would be super cool) because I would be worried that the film makers couldn't do the series justice. What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 12:15 am 

Ha, I'm just a wonderful person ain't I? I chose that because I was all WoT-y and really needed some kind of WoT name and it just clicked.

As for a movie/mini-series, I would LOVE it if the scriptwriters and directors were people like PJ who wanted to stay as true to the story as possible. I actually spend free time sometimes writing up parts to scripts/drawing storyboards for an EotW movie. I'm just a little sad like that.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 12:32 pm 
Elf
Elf

Lol. I don't think that's sad. I spend half my free time thinking up how some scenes and things would be done and making cast lists.

It would be amazing to see the books played out on screen, but I think the length of them might be a problem. Because there are so many books and they are each pretty long, a lot of stuff would probably have to be cut out.

Here's some info on a WoT movie:

http://www.dragonmount.com/Faq/index.ph ... artlang=en

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 9:46 pm 
Istari
Istari

Just for the record. This series was good but it got boring

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:17 pm 
Elf
Elf

Aww, it's too bad that you think so. I personally love it all, but that's just my opinion, and we're all entitled to our own :-D . So have you read through all of the books out, or did you stop after a certain one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 7th, 2007, 10:50 pm 

I can see how some people might get tired of them. Right about Lord of Chaos, where the books are about 2 days long, it gets a bit drug out. I loved it all though. I'm a nutcase about them.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 8th, 2007, 9:00 am 
Vala
Vala

.....the most boring book for me is actually The Eye of the World. :blink: I find all the others to be very interesting, more so the more I read them. It's incredible how much a person can miss the first two or three times through.

Since I'm on Knife of Dreams once again, I've come up with another thing that I'm unsure about. What's going to happen with Narishma?

Into the heart he thrusts his sword,
into the heart, to hold their hearts.
Who draws it out shall follow after,
What hand can grasp that fearful blade?

Narishma drew the sword out, so what does 'follow after' mean?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next