Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 8:41 pm 
Istari
Istari

Oh! Can I join! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I live in Burlington, Ontario (but I was born in Montreal). And I've been to every province in Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 10:36 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Welcome, TheThain! I've been to Burlington many times... pretty close to Sauga. :)

Dark, Queen of Angmar wrote:
Of course, em being a tourist fonds everything cool/amazing, its so big compared to where I live, its nice... and its such a pretty place. I could spende forever watching the lake, etc. And there are football games, and hockey games, and baseball games and all those cool things to go see. And skyscrapers, and the Tower and... ahh, tis a loverly place.

Hahahah well, the rural scenery is very very uncommon now... only a few shores of Lake Ontario here and there with mini forests behind them.
Sports like those don't really interest me, so maybe that's why I dislike this place so much.
The Tower isn't much, really... the only thing unique about it is the Glass Floor. :P
Which part of Canada do you live in?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 10:38 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

*Jumps in* Haven't been here in a while :)

I'm Albertan. I've only ever been to BC and Saskatchewan, though :P

Of course, em being a tourist fonds everything cool/amazing, its so big compared to where I live, its nice... and its such a pretty place. I could spende forever watching the lake, etc. And there are football games, and hockey games, and baseball games and all those cool things to go see. And skyscrapers, and the Tower and... ahh, tis a loverly place.

I'm curious, Darky, what province are you?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 1:50 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Welcome, TheThain! I've been to Burlington many times... pretty close to Sauga. :)

Thanks!
I've been to your city many times as well. It's werid to think that I might have seen you, but never known! :blink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 6:34 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Really weird, isn't it? :hide: All you really have to do is turn around whenever you hear anyone scream "Haldir". It would either be me acting fangirlish or my friends calling me.

Have you been to the gianormous Square One shopping mall? I go there a lot :teehee:

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 7:48 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

Albertan, i'm south of Luthien of Lorien and Meldawen, about six hours or so...

Aww, but my dads afraid of heights so i like teasing him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 3:39 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

I love when males are afraid of heights... gives us something to gloat about, eh? :P

Oh yeah, Luthien told me once that she lives in Alberta... very cool! If I ever go over there, I'll let you all know :teehee:

I've been to Vancouver, BC once before. Loads of water compared to Toronto... and plenty of very old trees. I might be visiting Montréal this summer, so I am sort of looking forward to that *edgy eyes*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 3:03 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Have you been to the gianormous Square One shopping mall? I go there a lot :teehee:

Yes, I have. It is rather gianormous! :P Not as big as the West Edmonton one, naturally, but still.

Oh, Montreal is great. I go there quite often since most of my extended family is there. The food is a lot better then Toronto. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 8:31 pm 
Queen of Eregion
Queen of Eregion

Yeah, I heard that West Edmonton was amazing... I really want to visit that someday. Apparently Square One is completely puny compared to it.

Toronto food is nasty... maybe it's just because I'm bored of it, but I really really dislike Toronto's foods ... :hide:

You know, I was arguing with this American the other day and do you know how they try to taunt Canadians? They add "eh?" at the end of every sentence; they think it annoys us. So I just say something like, "Yeah, we do say that... and... er... is that supposed to offend me?"

Does anyone dislike the Canadian flag? I do... it look so plain and simple; not that it should be a bad thing, but I rather liked being a part of Britain (not that I was alive to experience that... soo... [/ignorant comment])

I'm also planning on joining the military in two years; Royal Military College. People think I'm a masochist, which doesn't make any sense at all. Our country's a peaceful country; unlike Bush's America... I doubt I'd get seriously hurt anyway. Besides, I need the education and the discipline. Perhaps I can get it from there, while I'm donating myself to our country :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 5:42 pm 
Mageling
Mageling

I read your comments on the infamous "eh." I say "eh" all the time, but pronounce it the American way. How shall I describe it... like the e in red.

I may have the privilege of visiting Canada this summer. I'm curious about the American/Canadian cultural contrasts.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 2:16 pm 
Istari
Istari

Haldir o Lórien wrote:
Toronto food is nasty... maybe it's just because I'm bored of it, but I really really dislike Toronto's foods ... :hide:

That makes two of us! In a Toronto newspaper article (called the Great Bagel War - or something of that sort) the Toronto reporter was surprised to find out that most people thought that most Montreal food (including bagels) are better then Toronto food. Then the reporter, in deffense of his city's food, goes on to say "Well, we have better hotdogs then them." And I'm kind of like "Hotdogs? We should be proud that we have better hotdogs?"

Quote:
Our country's a peaceful country; unlike Bush's America.

Well actually... Oh, yeah. No polotics!

Lady Dark Moon, you are the first American I've evr heard of who says "eh". (Even if it is the American way!:P) Bravo! :notworthy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 6:13 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

i love Toronto food, and really, West Ed its really boring... i've been there at least... *counts* 20 times...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 8:57 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I'd have to agree with you there, Darky - West Ed is exactly like any other mall except it requires an exhausting amount of walking. I mean, there's a swimming pool and sea lions and a hotel and GalaxyLand and stuff, but really, there are lots of other places for those things.

I use 'eh' unashamedly. I like being Canadian. Though I always crack up at those two mooses from Brother Bear, they use it practically every second word. I would disagree with you about our flag, too, Haldir - I think it's nicely original and although we own Britain so much I'm glad we have a flag that defines us as a separate entity.

You haven't been to Canada until you've been to Alberta, LDM. That's all I can say. *sulks because you're not coming anywhere near me*

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 7:19 pm 
Istari
Istari

i love Toronto food, and really, West Ed its really boring... i've been there at least... *counts* 20 times...

I can't see how you find it boring. Then again, I've only been there once. But I would like to go back!

Meldawn wrote:
You haven't been to Canada until you've been to Alberta

Alberta is a really neat province. Much nicer then Ontario, IMO. The only part of Ontario that is really interesting is the Niagara Falls. And really, how long can you watch water falling for? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 9:39 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

Meldawen wrote:
I'd have to agree with you there, Darky - West Ed is exactly like any other mall except it requires an exhausting amount of walking. I mean, there's a swimming pool and sea lions and a hotel and GalaxyLand and stuff, but really, there are lots of other places for those things.

SEA LIONS!? *Pouts* The most interesting thing we have at our mall are the people who work at Hot Topic. :P

Uh. Yeah. I just had to add that. *Leaves*

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 7:55 pm 
Kallisti
Kallisti

and the sea lions aren't that amazing... and there are stores in West Ed, that are the same everywhere else... and after a while the water sldies get really boring, but i do love the Dragon in the theatre... he's very cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next