Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2007, 5:49 pm 

Sweet, I will go check that out!

So as I'm rereading all the books, I just got to the part in Lord of Chaos where Taim shows up for the amnesty. We know later that he isn't good, but did you all trust him when he first showed up? This time around I was yelling at Rand not to trust him and go look for Logain. Much better decision. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2007, 8:59 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol--I mistrusted Taim from the start, and I was rooting for Logain from the start, too.

I'm thinking about rereading the series again--I'm in a Star Wars mood recently, but it'll go away before long, and then I'll need to fill it up with something--something like WoT. :D

I love Mat. Have I mentioned that before? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 4:23 pm 

No, I don't recall you saying anything of the kind. :teehee:

Have we ever found out where Demandred is hiding? Because if we haven't [I can't remember] I think it's possible that he's Taim. It certainly would make a bit of sense. Except for the whole bit with Taim before he comes to Rand. But I think he might have killed Taim at some point after he was rescued and taken up his appearance.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 2:41 am 
Vala
Vala

Oh--That's what I thought, too, and I looked into it. Apparently, we two are not the only ones who thought so--enough fans asked RJ about it that he posted on his blog (or stated in a Press conference, I don't remember which) that Demandred was not Mazrim Taim. :annoyed2:

So he's the only Forsaken that we don't know the location of right now, unless you're counting Aran'gar, who just abandoned her location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 9:32 pm 

Ah, darn. I thought I was on to something. I still don't trust the man though. Taim. I hope Logain gets him in the next book.

Yeah, I didn't think we knew where Demandred was. And I wouldn't count Aran'gar, we knew where she was for a while.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2007, 1:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ooh--he's not the only one we don't know the location of--we don't know where Moridin is. Cyndane and Moghedien are both wherever Moridin is...most of the time, anyways, so we 'kind of' know where they are.

What do you think is up with Moridin and Rand? They seem to have a link ever since the balefire incident in Shadar Logoth, which I find to be a really interesting development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 3:32 pm 
Vala
Vala

I just read the news online. :'( It's devastating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yay! Another reader!!!!

:D I highly doubt that you'll lose interest, Aerlinniel--I don't know anyone (Besides LDM) who's done so yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 8:32 am 
Vala
Vala

Hah. I read approximately one every three days when I went through the series...:P I don't think it's possible to read them too fast. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 2:34 pm 

Wow, haven't come in here for a while. To begin with, RJ. I was shocked when he died. I mean, I'd been expecting it because he was sick, but he'd been doing so well! And I didn't think he'd go this soon. And I must admit, I want to know if someone will help finish the last book. I'll go crazy without it ending!

Ah, welcome to the WoT fandom Aerlinn! These are the best books in teh world. :D And you can't read them too fast. Pretty much, once you read them once you just go back through them again and again and again... or maybe that's just me. :teehee: Anywho, you MUST read the beginning of 3. Mat is totally awesome in it. Not that he isn't every other time. But he takes on...yeah, I'll shush now. I just love it though.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 2:49 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yay! Greetings once again, Nurr!

I share your sentiments about RJ--that was my reaction as well.

:blink: The beginning of 3? The Dragon Reborn? Um....*tries to think of a way to ask the question without giving spoilers to Aerlinn* Um....yeah. Nevermind.

Anyways, Aerlinn--just fyi, Mat is the ultimate character ever for a series. :D And Rand rocks, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 6:37 pm 

Aerandir wrote:
Yay! Greetings once again, Nurr!

I share your sentiments about RJ--that was my reaction as well.

:blink: The beginning of 3? The Dragon Reborn? Um....*tries to think of a way to ask the question without giving spoilers to Aerlinn* Um....yeah. Nevermind.

Anyways, Aerlinn--just fyi, Mat is the ultimate character ever for a series. :D And Rand rocks, too.

Hey, long time no talk! [Right that was bad. Movin on...]

Yeah, the beginning of DR. You know, where Mat's being healed and *cough*totallyrocksashetakesonG&Gwithhisstaff*cough* Best part ever.

Yessss....you will soon learn, Aerlinn, that Mat owns all other fictional characters. He has a cool hat and an ashandarei. :P Niice. That sounds like something I would do. Every time we go on vacation my bag is piled high with books. I hardly have room in my seat in the car!

Moraine and Lan...so good. I love those two. And GAH! I need to know about the whole thing in MoL that I can't know now unless someone finishes it!! AAAAH! Man, this whole no spoiler thing is hard.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 6:44 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Yay I can post here now without being petrified with fear of spoilers cause I'm finished Knife of Dreams :)

I'm wondering if saying this should make me fear for my life...but what's the big deal about Mat? Personally I prefer Perrin and Egwene for best main-ish characters. Mat doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Heh, on vacations I'm scared I'll run out of books, so I always end up with a whole extra bag for them. And I generally carry a book around in my purse - because you just never know :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 14th, 2007, 6:50 pm 

*runs after Melda* :jedi: No likes Mat? DIE!

:P Tis okay. We won't kill you. Cut off an arm, perhaps.... Egwene is one of my favorites as well, and I like other charries, but Mat is the best. He's just -cool! He has--- wait, can't talk about it all for fear of ears that aren't supposed to hear. My lips are sealed.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2007, 11:28 am 
Vala
Vala

*dies* RAND ROCKS!!!! And Mat's even better. Melda, I'm afraid that we have to...um...start a Mat-Haters-Haters club. :D That means that Nurr and I will be forced to dislike you. :P

Aerlinn, Rand only gets cooler as the series goes on. As does Mat. I won't say anything about Perrin, because it won't be complimentary. <_<

Haha--when I go someplace, I take my backpack for the exclusive purpose of carrying a soda and my books, basically. I can fit something like over a dozen novels (safely, without bending the pages) in, and then of course, I might just take more with me. When we flew back from the USA last summer (2006), I had 25 books spread out between my backpack, suitcase, and carryon. :D Go devouted readers!....we should start a radical readers club, specifically for us. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2007, 6:10 pm 

Yeah, and talk about how no one else seems to understand the need for two books at a time!

Ah Aerlinn, tis okay. I disliked Rand very much starting Great Hunt all the way through the first time, but after reading them again and getting more in depth I have much more appreciation for him. Though I wouldn't consider him a favorite, he's not my least favorite anymore.

:lol: A Mat-Haters-Haters. How horrible. Yet so needful at the same time. :P I keed! We still accept you Melda [as a WoT reader, we must!] but we may need to persuade you a bit.....

heh heh heh.... :vampire:

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next