Post subject: Elizabeth: The Golden Age
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 6:17 am 

Starring the amazing Cate Blanchett

And including:
Clive Owen (King Arthur)
Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa)
Tom Hollander (Beckett)

Out on Friday, October 12 in the US.

I cannot wait for this! Personally, I couldn't imagine a more perfect cast, and I'm really glad Cate decided to do another Elizabeth. It looks like it's going to be an amazing portrayal of Queen Elizabeth. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 11:26 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Ooo, I saw a preveiw for this! It looks like it'll be an interesting movie! (as long as it keeps clean and to the facts) :) also I'm reading a story about Elizabeth I right now.... (it's part fiction but who cares :P) I find her family history quite interesting... ;)
and how can you beat a cast like that?! lol although in the preveiw Mr. Rush looks nothing like Barbossa and I haven't seen what Tom looks like yet.... :P and Cate makes for a great Queen Elizabeth. :yes: although I'll probably have to wait to see it when it gets on dvd :erm:

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 6th, 2007, 11:38 pm 
Maia
Maia

I've seen ads for the movie, and it sounds interesting! I'll probably want to see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2007, 7:23 am 

My mom really loves Queen Elizabeth, so she'll probably take me to see it this weekend. :D

Calloniel (PD) wrote:
Ooo, I saw a preveiw for this! It looks like it'll be an interesting movie! (as long as it keeps clean and to the facts)

I hope so too. But Cate's last Elizabeth movie did a really good job of staying with the story, so I'm not very worried. Besides, it'll be worth seeing just because you know the acting is going to be magnificent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 11th, 2007, 10:47 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Taurquende wrote:
My mom really loves Queen Elizabeth, so she'll probably take me to see it this weekend. :D

Calloniel (PD) wrote:
Ooo, I saw a preveiw for this! It looks like it'll be an interesting movie! (as long as it keeps clean and to the facts)

I hope so too. But Cate's last Elizabeth movie did a really good job of staying with the story, so I'm not very worried. Besides, it'll be worth seeing just because you know the acting is going to be magnificent!

that's awesome! I wish we went to the movies more often. :erm: I still just want to see The Nanny Diarie. :hammer: and now there's so many good ones coming out to DVD to watch... Spider-Man 3, Ratatouille (sp?), Meet the Robinsons... :P anyway, back to the topic....

ok, well, I'm sure it'll stay in the storyline then. :) aye! the acting will be AMAZING! You'll have to tell me what Tom looks like too. ;)

Get.Lost.In.The.Dark.To.Find.Yourself
-sig by Loafers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2007, 3:05 pm 
Elf
Elf

I want to see it soooooooo bad, The guy that plays in Kingdom of Heaven and Eragon is in this movie. I'm sooooooooooo Excitedddddddd!!!! :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 7th, 2008, 2:43 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

i havent seen teh movie yet but i saw the trailers and they were ah-mazing!! i was kinda upset that she didnt win the oscar... she really deserved it. but i loved how she was really happy and excited for the winner

Post subject: Re: Elizabeth: The Golden Age
PostPosted: December 7th, 2008, 9:38 pm 
Elf
Elf

Taurquende wrote:
Starring the amazing Cate Blanchett

And including:
Clive Owen (King Arthur)
Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa)
Tom Hollander (Beckett)

Out on Friday, October 12 in the US.

I cannot wait for this! Personally, I couldn't imagine a more perfect cast, and I'm really glad Cate decided to do another Elizabeth. It looks like it's going to be an amazing portrayal of Queen Elizabeth. :)

who did Hollander play? I don't remember.

I hated the film. Needless to say, it would've been much more enjoyable had the nudity been left out and the little bit at the beginning where the tongue was cut out of the guy. This is one film I can honestly say that I regretted seeing and I was squirming in my seat while watching it.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 7:08 am 
Elf
Elf

~PetraKenobi~ wrote:

I hated the film. Needless to say, it would've been much more enjoyable had the nudity been left out and the little bit at the beginning where the tongue was cut out of the guy. This is one film I can honestly say that I regretted seeing and I was squirming in my seat while watching it.

YES!! Someone else who hated this film. Quite frankly it was the most rubbish thing I've ever seen... Ok no, King Arthur gets that award but this was the second worst.
Raleigh this and Raleigh that... Why on earth wasn't Drake mention?! You know. Sir Francis Drake... the guy who did a heck of a lot more to defeat the Armada than *insert swear words* Walter *insert more swear words* Raleigh!! :explode:
What about Robert Dudley, Sir Robert Cecil or Robert Devereux? Far, FAR more important in her later life than stupid Raleigh.
Oh and the baby! That stupid little baby at the end of the film?! And the whole affair between Bess and Raleigh... Yeah, that didn't happen until three, THREE years after the defeat of the Spanish Armada! :annoyed:

And don't even get me started on the acting... Ok Cate Blanchett
and Geoffrey Rush were good but the stupid script writing just made them.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yes, I have a deep, deep, deep loathing of this film.. I wanted to do this to the entire cinema :throw:

Ok, King Arthur still gets the top prize for the worst film I've ever seen but this was a close, a very close contender...

Hravan (the insanely crazy history freak :P )

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 2:44 pm 
Elf
Elf

Hravan wrote:
~PetraKenobi~ wrote:

YES!! Someone else who hated this film. Quite frankly it was the most rubbish thing I've ever seen... Ok no, King Arthur gets that award but this was the second worst.
Raleigh this and Raleigh that... Why on earth wasn't Drake mention?! You know. Sir Francis Drake... the guy who did a heck of a lot more to defeat the Armada than *insert swear words* Walter *insert more swear words* Raleigh!! :explode:
What about Robert Dudley, Sir Robert Cecil or Robert Devereux? Far, FAR more important in her later life than stupid Raleigh.
Oh and the baby! That stupid little baby at the end of the film?! And the whole affair between Bess and Raleigh... Yeah, that didn't happen until three, THREE years after the defeat of the Spanish Armada! :annoyed:

And don't even get me started on the acting... Ok Cate Blanchett
and Geoffrey Rush were good but the stupid script writing just made them.... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yes, I have a deep, deep, deep loathing of this film.. I wanted to do this to the entire cinema :throw:

Ok, King Arthur still gets the top prize for the worst film I've ever seen but this was a close, a very close contender...

Hravan (the insanely crazy history freak :P )

I always liked reading about Anne Boleyn and Elizabeth but I'm not a huge history buff like you so I didn't know what was true and what wasn't.

PostPosted: May 28th, 2011, 6:29 am 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I've seen this and I think it's a great movie. I love Cate's acting here. This movie gave me fear with Europe's past life xD hahaha! But it's really great. I'm interested with the history of Europe so that's why.

Profile       WWW