Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2007, 10:10 pm 

So last night was "celebrate the seniors" night and one of my senior friends is a WoT reader like me. :-D We were supposed to ask our seniors questions, and I asked him "Who killed Asmodean?"

We were the only two people out of about 20 who understood it at all. But I thought it was funny.

Which makes me wonder, yet again, who killed Asmodean? My main guess would be Moridin, but I really haven't a clue.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 17th, 2007, 11:23 pm 

Hehehe. :P That's a funny question.

I remember reading somewhere that Robert Jordan had said Nynaeve killed him, but I suspect it was in jest. I honestly don't have a clue either. Someone really unlikely, I guess.

I'm going to have to reread the series, I think. I really don't have any complicated conspiracy theories... :blink:

support Arwen!
[+~^$#?]
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 18th, 2007, 7:39 am 
Istari
Istari

Artemis wrote:
Aww, it's too bad that you think so. I personally love it all, but that's just my opinion, and we're all entitled to our own :-D . So have you read through all of the books out, or did you stop after a certain one?
I stopped after about the tenth book. Partially because tahat's all they had at the library...

The Seemingly Nice But Actually Really Nasty Nazgul
School ate my life. *sigh*

Profile       WWW     YIM        

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 11:02 am 

Aw, you stopped just before the best book! In my opinion, Knife of Dreams is the most amazing one.

This is a picture I drew of Galad, I think it turned out pretty well. It's probably only the second one I've done that actually looks like I was trying to get it to look.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 19th, 2007, 3:30 pm 
Vala
Vala

That's pretty good, Nurr. :) Certainly better than anything I'd draw.

Who killed Asmodean? Hmm...I highly doubt it was Moridin--none of the other Forsaken recognised him, so why would Asmodean? That also rules out Aran'gar, Osan'gar, and Cyndane.

So I'd say it could be Padan Fain, Demandred, Graendal, Semirhage, Mesaana, or one other, far most-likely candidate--Isam/Luc. Slayer, in other words. With his ability to travel through Tel'aran'rhiod and exit wherever he wants, he is quite a good possibility. Anyways, those are the only ones I can think of who would/could kill Asmodean like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 20th, 2007, 9:28 pm 

Thank you. :)
Huh, I never even thought of Slayer. That's an interesting theory. But would Asmodean really recognize him? And why would Slayer kill him? Cause he seems to me to be rather on his own.
Padan Fain is another one I never thought of.
I would think Demandred and Graendal would be the most likely out of the Forsaken, just because they actually KNOW about Asmodean. They were the only ones really told about him.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 21st, 2007, 11:59 am 
Vala
Vala

Okay, I actually looked this theory up, and I found out that by using simple methods of elimination, Slayer is the only one who really could have killed him, so far as we know. The other possibilities are only possible with flimsy, circumstantial evidence. In other words, there is almost no way that they could have killed him, but there's no actual proof that they didn't. :annoyed2:

However, I have a hard time believing that Slayer did it, because apparently, only a very, very, very few fans have ever guessed correctly, and RJ has never said which fans guessed right, and I have to imagine that many people have already guessed Slayer.

Still, but using the process of elimination, the only ones left who could really have killed him are Graendal and Sammael.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 1:53 am 
Elf
Elf

Hmm, who killed Asmodean? I can' wait for that question to be answered! Sometimes I'll be bored, and that will just pop into my head lol. But I'm really not sure. I like the Slayer theory. I hadn't thought of that before. Personally I had always suspected Graendal. But who really knows? Well aside from RJ, that is.

Oh and if any of you are interested, I started a Wheel of Time RPG thread. The RPG will be based on the Breaking of the World.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 21st, 2007, 5:49 pm 

Sweet, I will go check that out!

So as I'm rereading all the books, I just got to the part in Lord of Chaos where Taim shows up for the amnesty. We know later that he isn't good, but did you all trust him when he first showed up? This time around I was yelling at Rand not to trust him and go look for Logain. Much better decision. :P

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2007, 8:59 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol--I mistrusted Taim from the start, and I was rooting for Logain from the start, too.

I'm thinking about rereading the series again--I'm in a Star Wars mood recently, but it'll go away before long, and then I'll need to fill it up with something--something like WoT. :D

I love Mat. Have I mentioned that before? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2007, 4:23 pm 

No, I don't recall you saying anything of the kind. :teehee:

Have we ever found out where Demandred is hiding? Because if we haven't [I can't remember] I think it's possible that he's Taim. It certainly would make a bit of sense. Except for the whole bit with Taim before he comes to Rand. But I think he might have killed Taim at some point after he was rescued and taken up his appearance.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 2:41 am 
Vala
Vala

Oh--That's what I thought, too, and I looked into it. Apparently, we two are not the only ones who thought so--enough fans asked RJ about it that he posted on his blog (or stated in a Press conference, I don't remember which) that Demandred was not Mazrim Taim. :annoyed2:

So he's the only Forsaken that we don't know the location of right now, unless you're counting Aran'gar, who just abandoned her location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 9:32 pm 

Ah, darn. I thought I was on to something. I still don't trust the man though. Taim. I hope Logain gets him in the next book.

Yeah, I didn't think we knew where Demandred was. And I wouldn't count Aran'gar, we knew where she was for a while.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 30th, 2007, 1:40 pm 
Vala
Vala

Ooh--he's not the only one we don't know the location of--we don't know where Moridin is. Cyndane and Moghedien are both wherever Moridin is...most of the time, anyways, so we 'kind of' know where they are.

What do you think is up with Moridin and Rand? They seem to have a link ever since the balefire incident in Shadar Logoth, which I find to be a really interesting development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 3:32 pm 
Vala
Vala

I just read the news online. :'( It's devastating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Vala
Vala

Yay! Another reader!!!!

:D I highly doubt that you'll lose interest, Aerlinniel--I don't know anyone (Besides LDM) who's done so yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next