Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 4:38 pm 

Nynaeve isn't my least favorite, but she's not the best either. Sometimes she's rather irritating [especially when she goes on and on and on about how horrible the guys are] but sometimes she makes me laugh. Tuon is really interesting. I want to know more about her. I think she's pretty good. And as for the other not wide range of emotions person, she's okay. Sometimes she's a bit irritating, but normally she's alright.

Elayne though...she irritates me. Her whole attitude towards people is just...augh. I'm rereading all the books, and I like her at the beginning. Then right about..oh, I think Fires of Heaven, I start disliking her. And don't stop.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 10:13 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

I loved Elayne at the beginning. I never really *dis*liked her, but she kinda falls a bit in my rankings towards KoD. Especially when she gets pregnant. I'm not sure why. Aviendha is a bit meh as well. Min, though, I don't generally mind. She's okay, actually. And Lanfear was AWESOME. All the Forsaken are cooool, actually, except sorta Graendal.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2007, 2:44 pm 

Yeah, New Spring is the prologue. Eye of the World is the first real book. Wow, GH would really be confusing without reading EotW! I can't begin to imagine. Mart? :swoon: At least Rhand is pronounced pretty much the same..

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 8:57 am 
Vala
Vala

I say Rand as in....the word 'and' with an 'R' in front.

And Mat becoming Mart? How terrible!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 5:35 pm 

Same here. And I would pronounce Rhand as Ruh-and. So it'd pretty much be the same.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 2:53 am 
Vala
Vala

Haha. Well, with WoT, I've gotten my sister and two friends to read it so far. :D And of course, I wouldn't say that I'm flattering myself by saying that I'm pretty sure I at least increased Meldawen and Elegost's interests in that regard. Leastways, they both read the books after I had had several conversations with them in which I lauded the awesomeness of WoT. :P

And nine exclamation marks was actually too few for such a subject as Mat's name being changed. Mart. Really. Ugh. :annoyed2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 1:49 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Well, you got me vaguely interested, but it was my youth pastor who really got me into it. I mean, not like I was going to say no when he offered to lend me a big box of books for reading over the summer. You may have had some small amount of influence, though :-D

I've had influence...my friends know who Robert Jordan is (*sniffle* or was), that he wrote Wheel of Time, and my one friend insisted on reading, um, a certain scene between Rand and Min in Crown of Swords that she pretty much died laughing at. I didn't think romantic scenes were supposed to be funny.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 8:24 pm 

:lol: That's great Melda. A certain scene. *snort*

Around here, I know of two other people who have read WoT. TWO. You can imagine my excitement when I found this thread. :P And of the two other people.....they're both at college and I see them maybe once a month.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 1:51 am 
Vala
Vala

O_o she skipped right to that part in CoS? :blink:

Haha. Unfortunately, for me, it's not just that people don't read WoT. It's that they don't read pretty much anything I read. Not even LotR.

So I was already used to not getting others to read the books I liked by the time I read WoT. Then I managed to get my sister to read WoT. :D And then a friend. And then another friend. w00t.

I real want to read the culmination of the Mat and Rand plots right now....*sniff* so interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 1:02 pm 
Tolkien Scholar
Tolkien Scholar

Yep. I was sitting talking to Bryan at supper (this was when I went to Costa Rica on a missions trip this summer) and we were discussing WoT, and I mentioned that Rand and Min had - *cough* - gotten, um, romantically involved, and my friend insisted on reading the scene. So she now knows who Rand and Min are, but nobody else. Also, when RJ died, she instantly said she was going to write the last book, and make him pick one girl. It was funny. I sort of agree, I think it's weeeeeird that Aviendha and Elayne and Min will all go for that. I wouldn't.

I want the culmination of the Egwene plot most. Her bits are the most exciting, and I think Egwene/Gawyn is the best romantic pairing in the whole book...besides maybe Perrin/Faile.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 2:43 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol, Melda. The whole Egwene/Gawyn thing is absolutely awesome. I was much looking forward to it's completion, but now that RJ's dead, I don't know if I'd like it so much if someone else finished it.

The third book, Aerlinn, as in The Dragon Reborn? Because you totally have to read The Eye of the World first. I really messed myself up for a while because I couldn't find the first one anywhere, so I read all of the books up to Path of Daggers without having read The Eye of the World. It was a lot more confusing. You must read the first one. Mustmustmust.

And you're lucky, btw, that there is a library nearby. I'm stuck with having to order everything online if I want to read it. :annoyed2:

I feel like reading WoT right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 7:25 pm 

You have to order them all? :blink: That stinks. I would've died if I had to do that. Luckily, my library had them all [though it took a while to get KoD]. And now I own them all, so I'm rather lucky there too.

AAUGH! I sooo love the Egwene/Gawyn relationship. My favorite. And I really really really want to know what will happen what with Egwene captured and Gawyn still working for Elaida. AAH, and I've GOT GOT to know what happens with Mat! AAAAUUGGH! I'm going to explode now that you've gotten my thinking about it Aerandir. Grrrrr.....Sheesh, this spoiler stuff is hard. Hurry up Aerlinn! :P

I have a sudden urge to start drawing as much WoT as possible. I do that sometimes. If I ever get a good one I'll share it with you guys.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 1st, 2007, 7:22 am 
Vala
Vala

Lol, Nurr. And I still want to know more about Tam. Tam is cool. But....Mat is cooler. And Rand. :P

Yes, make sure to share any good pictures with us. We will want to see them. :)

EDIT: I just went to Dragonmount.com, and I found this: http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=92

It's a 'report' on RJ's funeral.

16,000 books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4th, 2007, 11:05 pm 

Oh my. 16.000 books? And all those weapons! And I love the description of all the hats. Didn't it look like the skeleton was wearing the viking hat?

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2007, 5:38 am 
Vala
Vala

Yeah. 16,000 books. I want his house. And its contents. :drool:

And the skeleton did look like it was wearing a viking helmet.

AND THERE WAS A PICTURE OF PERRIN'S AXE!!!!

And Seanchan and Borderlander swords. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2007, 6:11 pm 

And Mat's crossbow. :D And didn't that black spear by all the swords look like it could've been the inspiration for the ashandarei?

Profile       WWW            

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next