Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 3:20 pm 
Istari
Istari

i'm just starting to get into the rolling stones. i recently bought a recording of the modern ballet rooster, which is danced entirely to rolling stones songs, and i think the music's fantastic. i really want to buy some of their albums soon, so any suggestions for where to start would be muchly appreciated.

you may have seen this before, but here's lee mead singing the stones song paint it black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owc2lg6zj0
(lee won the role of joseph in the musical joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat on a reality tv programme, and this is one of the performances he did on the show. i normally hate covers, but i think his performance is absolutely incredible - at least as good as the stones)

**MY BOOK**

~ proud to be a shieldmaiden for christ ~
</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 14th, 2008, 4:03 pm 

Oh, I've been a fan of the Rolling Stones for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to "Classic Rock" -- the old school, GOOD stuff -- with my dad.

I really like their music too. "Paint It Black" is one of my favourites, but "Sympathy For The Devil" is probably my number one favourite. :P It just PWNS. XD

In October of 2006, during their "Bigger Bang" tour, they actually CAME to my hometown. Which is probably the biggest thing to have EVER happened in ALL of Montana. :P People came from literally all over the state just to see them. :P And I was lucky enough to have a ticket land in my lap. Quite unexpectedly. :P They put on one of the best performances I've ever seen. The entire band has SUCH a great stage presence. And SO much energy. It was amazing. :P

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who still likes them. :P Besides my parents. XD

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 17th, 2008, 5:29 pm 

Thanks for the link ethelfleda! I'm actually a fan of Vanessa Carlton's cover for that song ("Paint It Black"). It's pretty good. But your right, Aerlinn -- the original is the best. :P As usual. XD

Yeah, I did get to see them. I had amazing seats too. Of course, I couldn't hear out of my left ear for the next 3 days. XD They were phenomenal. If you can imagine how OLD they are, and then imagine them running around the stage like 20 year olds, you can imagine how insane it was. :P
I mean, if you're performance can hold off RAIN until the end, then that means you're pretty damn good. :P
During my favourite song, "Sympathy For The Devil," there were like jets of fire coming from the top of the stage and fireworks and pure craziness. :P

A lot of my guy friends are fans of them, which is nice. But then all my girl friends think I'm crazy for rockin' out with the guys to "oldies." :P *shakes head*

You have friends that can play their songs on the guitar? That's SO awesome!

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2008, 10:48 pm 
Futon-Revolutionist
Futon-Revolutionist

^From your description, I would definitely pay just to see "Sympathy For The Devil." FIRE. *Laughs evilly*

I like a bunch of their stuff, but my favorite is definitely the previously mentioned "Sympathy For The Devil." Well, and "Paint It Black," "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," "You Can't Always Get What You Want"... "Under My Thumb" is BRILLIANT.

*Wanders away listing song titles*

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 11:24 am 

Rolling Stones is classic, it's a must-like! :P However, I've only got a couple of their songs. I used to listen Paint it Black and Angie and Wild Horses to bits and pieces and then I took a break from them!! :-)

Banner credit: Shadowcat & Nurrantiel Mashiara