Rules      FAQ       Register        Login
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your most memorable FOTR cinema experience?
PostPosted: April 25th, 2008, 7:04 am 
Gondorian
Gondorian

Well, I noticed that theforce.net (Star Wars fan site, similar to AU, for those who don't know it) had one of these going, and thought, hey, why can't we?

So, what was your most memorable experience seeing FOTR at the cinema? Doesn't matter weather it was your first, second or third viewing, (at the cinema) share yours! Weather it was a personal experience, or something that happened while you were waiting for the doors to open, or a great memory of the crowd, like the entire audience laughing at Merry and Pippin.

I'd have to say mine would be when Gandalf is introduced, you could almost feel the LOTR book fans excitement, then the new comers brains ticking over thinking, "This fellow is the ultimate Papa!" Then his fireworks, again, the book fans, "YES!" Then Aragorn's introduction. Book fans- "Alright! Elessar!" Then Gandalf's... uh, 'death.' And Boromir's death, the list could go on!

PS. Who thinks it would be a good idea to open one of these for TTT and ROTK? ;)

~Old lurker from '06 crawling back for another adventure.~

You may call me Cazz. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 1st, 2008, 2:49 pm 
The A-U Matriarch
The A-U Matriarch

I just remember literally looking this throughout the entire film: :o

I was also the most excited to see the Argonath (of all things lol) because that's my earliest childhood visual memory of anything LotR related as my sister used to have a drawing of them on her bedroom wall.

And I remember walking out the theater feeling so... relieved. It was so much better than I'd ever dared to hope!

.*+I'VE MET ANTIGONE, MONTANABOHEMIAN, RAIVYNN PHOENIX, BERIADANWEN & PIRATEOFTHERINGS+*.

(¯`•¸·´¯`·._.·[TRUE VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE]·._.·´¯`·¸•´¯)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 27th, 2008, 11:47 pm 

I didn't actually see FotR in the cinema actually. Mum and Dad thought it might be too intense and waited til the DVD came out to rent it. I don't remember much of my first reaction, except that I was amazed at all the creatures and the story. It was just as I had imagined it to be from what I read from the book. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2008, 11:50 am 
Vala
Vala

I'd say part of the memories were the REALLY long lines! Ha ha yes, when not only FotR but all three movies came out for weeks there was a rush to see it. People just kept going back because we all know how awesome it was. ;)

There was this one time, I was sitting next to this guy and he kept narrating the whole story to his girlfriend. It was so freaking annoying. I remember getting pissed and saying something mean. XD The only time I've ever done that really. Ha ha.

Erm, Gandalf's death. I saw people crying (including my mom). And I didn't cry, but I did feel really sad but it was a tad fun to see people dabbing their eyes with napkins. I am sorry, but I've never really seen people cry in the cinema. XD

But it was especially the war/fighting scenes that brought it out for me. I mean, that rush of adrenaline, was WOAH! Best feeling ever. :D I remember getting so hyped up that in RotK I leapt out of my seat and screamed, "YES! Ha ha you go Legolas!" As you might've guessed, it was my reaction to oh so great and famous Oliphaunt stunt. :teehee:

Yeah and another awesome memory of the whole 3 years was going with my whole family. My parents, aunts, uncles, cousins. The whole bunch. It was freaking wicked. ;)

Last edited by Aranel Fae on August 14th, 2008, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile       WWW            

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 14th, 2008, 1:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

mine sounds really pathetic, which is probably why i can remember it, I was 11 and i was going to see it for mybirthday and having a pizza hut afterwards. I can rememeber recognising the characters because I'd got this free video thing about it before hand and knew who everyone was but not really what they did, but i wanted to see it because I was such a huge fan of the hobbit

Then i can remember being elbowed in the cinema by my friend claire when legolas came on- just because he was pretty, and i can remember clinging to my dads arm at the cave troll, which isn't even scary possibly because i thought it was a balrog - from flyaway comments. I remember thinking it was really cool and kind of getting the gist of whats going on, but not fully understanding- whch seems really crazy now! Strangely i didn't think it was too slow at the start which i'd heard in comments.

strangely afterwards I decided that for world book day i was going to dress up as legolas- sadly i never did because there wasn't a dress up theme again :(

it or orlando bloom obviously effected me enough to find out more and attempt the books, and listen to some of the radio play, but i didn't really get too obsessed until i was waiting for RotK to come out

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2008, 7:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The image of me hiding under my chair, shutting my ears, screaming "Is it over? Is it over?" lol, not really good memories about that movie :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 20th, 2008, 7:50 pm 
Movie Extra
Movie Extra

I was quite worried it would not live up to the books but fears were eased when the prologue started and the first volley by the elves at the siege . i just thought this guy has nailed it

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2008, 3:34 pm 
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

My first time seeing it, I was completely bowled over. This was something I'd only dreamed about happening and here I was sitting in a theatre finally seeing my favourite book come to life.

My most vivid memory was when you got the very first shot of the Shire. I almost burst into tears lol.

I walked out when it was over completely blown away and I was unable to speak for a good 20 minutes after.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 2nd, 2008, 10:43 pm 
Elf
Elf

Ummm... all I can really remember was crying my eyes out in terror at the Cave Troll.. yeah I was 10. :blush:
Oh and the Watcher! And the Orcs! And the annoyed looks I kept getting of my brother :D
I was (and still am) easily terrified by anything remotely scary looking (it's why I refuse to watch Star Wars). Strangely though, nothing in the Lord of the Rings films scare me anymore.. must be because I've watched them way too many times.. :teehee:

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 5th, 2008, 1:01 am 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I think the most memorable was my first. we went to eat with friends after school, the around 2 hours before the show, wewent to the cinema. Well it was still closed. And we live in a very small town were the cinema opens around half an hour before the first show. So there were we and many other fanatics, standing in the cold, it was freezing. The owner of the place decided to let us in an hour before the show because he couldn't stand it that we were standing in the freezing cold.

The place was small and all the people standing there... I almost passed out. But in the end we got the seats we wanted.

The movie itself was an experience. I criend when Gandalf died and got funny looks from my friends. I also was so relieved. It was better than I had hoped for... even though some artistic freedoms bugged me. :)

Image</center>

Profile       WWW            

Post subject: Re: Your most memorable FOTR cinema experience?
PostPosted: September 16th, 2011, 4:09 pm 
Hobbit
Hobbit

I was still little when the first one came out, so I don't remember seeing it in the movies. I do remember when I got it on DVD (my parents are as loud as the audience, and as entertaining too). At the time I had a bird, Tangie (RIP) and when the scene with the birds came on she'd start cawing along with them! It was annoying at the time, but now I think it's funny ^^

Me: ...I will convert you to Frodo-ism.

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: September 30th, 2011, 12:28 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

I was very young when FOTR came out, about eight. And I wanted to see it opening night. Christmas. Midnight. Eight-year-old. You can imagine my parents being really gung ho for that! So my "cinema" memory consists me following my mother around the kitchen. With this vauge dialoug
"Please mom?"
"No"
"Please mom?"
"No"
"Please mom?"
"No"
"I'll bring my sister!"
"She's not even old enough to get in by herself! Besides... you probably won't like it"

That last part I still remind her about, especially when I beat her at the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game. Just "I won't like it, will I?"

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 1:05 pm 
Istari
Istari

I was watching it with my brother and friend. It was her first time watching it and when saruman brought dow the mountain on the fel. i said "Isin't it sad the pippin dies here" and then my brother caught along replying "Yeah its a shame he has to die so early in the movies" when my friend heard this she was pretty stunned. then later on while we reached the scene where the fel. is leaving lothlorien. and she saw pippin in one of the boats commenting "WAIT A MINUTE, DIDN'T HE DIE!!!" it was prob the best prank i played

PostPosted: October 11th, 2011, 6:43 pm 

I did see FOTR in the theatre.

I remember when it first came out, I was so anxious that it was going to be horribly done, and therefore ruined for me. So I didn't see it immediately.

But about a month after it came out, this guy I had a major crush on at the time, asked me to come along with him and some other people to go see it. So obviously I went, because he was going. And he asked me. ;) I remember thinking, "What the hell? At least I'll have some fun." :P

And then the movie came on, and when I first saw the Shire, I KNEW. I knew it was going to be okay. And that it was going to be brilliant. It was exactly as I had imagined it, and I knew it was going to be fantastic.

And by the end of the film, I could have cared less about the boy I'd gone to the movies with. :lol:

Sig: Teh Nurr

I've met Eru & Eä & Ellie & teh Arweb & Naur & Elenya & POTR!

POLKA WILL NEVER DIE!

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 10:47 pm 
Welcomator
Welcomator

Location: Where there are handsome heroes and sexy villains.. all that need some lovin' ;)

I never saw it in the cinema. :-(

I did watch it at the Royal Albert Hall while the London Philharmonic orchestra were playing the score live, but that ain't the same thing. 'Twas awesome watching it on a big screen though. A very big screen. :P

^ By me and my SS *squiggle hugs*

Profile       WWW            

PostPosted: November 8th, 2011, 9:04 pm 
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

^ If there was a way to disect your brain and take that memory and put it into my head... i just might :-D I mean... that's really cool!

http://roleplayultimum.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://kyototig.posterous.com/shop-bann ... nd-baubles